Singles
Equilevel 1
24 Hour DQ
4/6 Scale
Switch=KO
Slapstick
Lawn Arena
Squad up before I catch some zzz's

Oh, and special rule: No zero-movers. Yes, you read right. If you're on the brink of an energy KO, you might as well switch out. Because Imma grumpy at MtG.

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
Mew The Gato
Smile

Is just "sit down", or "lie down" fine?

In all seriousness, I do not enjoy stalling outside of competitive. I only went for staring then because I knew that my opponent could one-shot Spritzee, anyway. Before I sent out Scyther, I just wanted to add in some humour. Apologies.
Mew The Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #3
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Fine. Squad and orders up. You could do something like "Do a little jig", but stare one more time and I nuke the sun.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

1. Iggy - level 1 male Scatterbug
2. Rydia - level 1 female Venonat
3. Baritenor - level 1 male Frillish
4. Chanteuse - level 2 female Jynx (uplevel) (HP Ground)
5. Desperado - level 1 male Bouffalant (HP Flying)
6. Gem - level 1 Staryu (HP Ground)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #5
Mew The Gato
Smile

Matapita: Level 1 Female Kangaskhan

Quote:
Kangaskhan (Normal): Kangaskhan come in both genders, though females are more likely to have babies (almost 100%) than males are. Along with battling, a Kangaskhan is most concerned about its child. If an opponent injures the child, Kangaskhan will go into a blind rage against them, which will last until either the offending Pokémon or Kangaskhan is unconscious. During this time, Kangaskhan's attack is doubled, at the expense of a halved defense.
Matapita's bond with her child is unbreakable. She keeps the baby Kangaskhan with her at all times, making sure that no one harms it. When Matapita first joined the squad, her baby was extremely young, and she was grateful to find that so many other Pokemon were willing to help her protect what she cared for so dearly. Matapita's baby was adored by all the squad members, and even the most aloof of the Pokemon could not prevent themselves from smiling, with even Pret's sadness decreasing near its presence. The baby grew swiftly, and was highly intelligent for its age, being extremely curious since the time when it was first let out of Matapita's pouch.

Matapita felt that she owed the squad a lot, and wanted to pay it back for all that it had given her. She wanted to show them all just how great her gratitude was, and how much she cared for the other squad members. She, accompanied by her baby decided to create a surprise for the rest of the squad together.

Hidden Power: Fairy

Special Move: Gratitude

Matapita collects a large orb of Fairy Type energy between her hands, and sends it flying towards the sky. As it gains altitude, the orb disappears. Whenever any squad member is sent out, that Pokemon gains a minor boost in a random stat. This boost is not passed by any switching moves, and the new Pokemon will get a new boost instead. As usual, this boost fades away if a Pokemon returns to its Pokeball. These buffs function and fade away exactly like standard boosts otherwise. This move requires a massive amount of Fairy Type energy to use, and Matapita has the Type energy to use it once per battle. Matapita forgot how to use Hyper Beam, Giga Impact and Endure while devising this move.

Number Ek Saw Chhappan: Level 1 Male Quilava

Quote:
Quilava (Fire): Quilava is the middle of the road speed and agility wise in the Cyndaquil family. Cyndiquil, Quilava, and Typhlosion can control whether their flames are ignited at any one time. When not ignited, they take less damage from water attacks, as there is no flame for the water to hit. However, they cannot use any fire attacks if their fire is not ignited. Igniting gives them their normal weakness to water, but allows them to use fire attacks. Igniting does not count as a move, and happens automatically when the Pokémon is ordered a fire attack. However, de-igniting counts as a move. They will automatically de-ignite if they fall asleep.

Kamal: Level 1 Male Lotad

Quote:
Lotad (Grass/Water): Though able to swim and stay underwater for a fair amount of time, Lotad are not the best swimmers and prefer to stay near the surface of the water. Lotad are capable of restoring more health and energy then grass Pokémon normally get in the rain.

Samadhi: Level 1 Male Meditite

Quote:
Meditite (Fighting/Psychic): Meditite meditates constantly, and therefore has a very sharp mind. This makes it far more resistant to mind-altering statuses. Meditate and Calm Mind are slightly more effective.

The High Queen: Level 1 Female Vullaby

Quote:
Vullaby (Dark/Flying): The bones around its waist act as a defensive buffer, giving it a slight boost in defense for all attacks that hit around that area. Much like Cubone's helmet, it can break and be replaced for a 1 SP fee or a stay in the Pokémon Center.
The High Queen is the ruler of a kingdom in a location where there is eternal night. The Sun never rises, and due to this, the joy of the Dark and Ghost Types that lurk there knows no bounds. However, it was not like this before. In the past, The High Queen was a mere warrior in the kingdom's army, and the previous ruler, an Aegislash, was seeking safe passage into the kingdom ruled by Empoleon and Delphox. This was due to the fact that plants were not growing in the kingdom due to the lack of sunlight, and thus, the Pokemon there were starving.

However, the Pokemon of that kingdom had developed a bad reputation due to living in an area where much sunlight does not reach. They were considered otherworldly and alien. Due to this, Empoleon and Delphox refused to allow them into their kingdom. Naturally, this led to Aegislash declaring war, because the Pokemon in his kingdom were bound to go extinct otherwise. The High Queen herself fought fiercely, barely escaping the clutches of death countless times. The war was extremely intense, and there were no signs of it stopping... until Aegislash himself died in a direct battle against the opposing rulers, taking Delphox and Empoleon down with him. The armies of both kingdoms fell into chaos, and neither wanted to continue fighting any more.

The High Queen was then made the ruler of the dark kingdom, known for her prowess in battle, and everyone believed in her leadership. On the other hand, the new rulers of the opposing kingdom were more benevolent than Empoleon and Delphox. Discussing with The High Queen, they finally accepted the Pokemon of The High Queen's kingdom into their own, and an alliance was formed. From their kingdom, The High Queen's took back special plants that were known for flourishing in the darkness, but easily perishing if exposed to excess light, since they required very little light to survive. Even now, The High Queen continues to rule her kingdom, only joining the squad when called upon for battles or special occasions.

During the war itself, The High Queen was highly feared due to her unique ability to use bones as weapons. She was fascinated by bones, and her own nest was made of bones. Due to liking collecting them, she knew a lot about them, and her memory contained their appearances almost perfectly, right down to the tiniest of details. Due to this, she could use energy to create bones and use them as projectiles.

Hidden Power: Ground

Special Move: Bone Rain

The High Queen uses high Steel Type energy to create countless, small bones, which she sends flying towards the target. Like Swift, this move is difficult to dodge due to the sheer number of projectiles. This move usually deals significant Steel Type damage. Although created by energy, these bones are solid, and can break through Light Screen, but shall have a difficult time dealing with Reflect. After either hitting the opponent or missing, all the bones vanish into thin air. The High Queen has the Steel Type energy to use this move twice per battle. She can no longer use Brave Bird, Bone Rush, Block, Roost and Iron Defense, having forgetten how to use them due to the sheer intensity of the war.

Jeeb: Level 1 Male Lickitung

Quote:
Lickitung (Normal): Lickitung has a long tongue, which it can extend out to 30 feet to hit enemies. Any attack a Lickitung does with its tongue does additional damage equal to Lick, with a 10% chance of paralysis.
Jeeb used to be used by mountaineers, who knew that his tongue could be used as a substitute for rope if it was not sufficient in certain situations. Besides, they relied on the Lichitung to protect them from all the wild Pokemon that threatened them. Early during the climb, the rope broke, and the mountaineers were forced to use Jeeb's tongue as a substitute each and every time. This was extremely stressing, annoying and painful for the Licktitung, but he was unable to do anything to resist, and was forced to go through these torturous experiences, the mountaineers not caring at for what Jeeb wants or even if it is safe for Jeeb to carry so much weight with the sole support of his tongue.

However, once, when the mountaineers were using Lickitung to climb, their hands coincidentally slipped, and the plummeted down, leaving Jeeb alone. They apparently survived, but Jeeb has never encountered them since. He is still haunted by the traumatic experiences, but his tongue has developed into an extremely powerful one since then.

Hidden Power: Fairy

Special Training: Tongue

Jeeb's tongue is exceptionally powerful, even compared to other Pokemon of his species. This allows him to break through attacks more easily with any attack involving his tongue, while still retaining much of the power, with similar ability to that of a Steel Type move.

Matapita, released as far away from your opponent as possible.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Desperado will be your opponent then!

Let's set up! Start with a Swords Dance since our opponent wants to stay away, and then trap her in a Rock Tomb.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #7
Mew The Gato
Smile

"Close in a fair amount as he uses Swords Dance, and after he uses Rock Tomb, use the boulder directly between you and your opponent to perform Rock Slide to both damage your opponent and create an opening for you to escape. Afterwards, Zap Cannon at point blank range."

Last edited by Mew The Gato; 07-16-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #8
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 1: Spinning zap!

One lawn, a kangaroo, and a buffalo! Representing the one who was evil enough to stare down the path of hatred, Matapita the Kangaskhan glares at her opponent! Desperado, who has a pretty snazzy name, stamps his hoof on the ground in anticipation for the declaration of the match's start! But before that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *poof*
Bouffalant (Normal): Bouffalant's afro is soft and spongy, acting as a buffer against attacks and recoil damage. Its whole head is actually quite heavy due to the large mass of hair and horns, giving it a slight boost to attacks involving headbutting.
Kangaskhan (Normal): Kangaskhan come in both genders, though females are more likely to have babies (almost 100%) than males are. Along with battling, a Kangaskhan is most concerned about its child. If an opponent injures the child, Kangaskhan will go into a blind rage against them, which will last until either the offending Pokémon or Kangaskhan is unconscious. During this time, Kangaskhan's attack is doubled, at the expense of a halved defense.
Desperado, clearly happy that Matapita is keeping her distance, stamps the ground in a circular pattern, before enclosing himself with a vortex of wind! The odd Dance performed by the Bouffalant sharpens his strengths like a sword fresh off the grinding stone! The Kangaskhan seems to have gotten closer during the dance, so the Bouffalant slams his hoof on the ground, forcing up Rocks to knock Matapita off her feet in surprise as she gets en(Tomb)ed! The tomb doesn't hold off the Kangaskhan for long, as a fist breaks through the stone, sending chunks of Rock flying into Desperado's 'fro! Matapita then proceeds to charge up a Cannon-shot of electricity in front of her, while Desperado starts to leg it in desperation! Firing, the orb moves closer and closer to the Bouffalant, before he makes a sudden turn to the side! However, his back right leg gets grazed by the Zap, locking up with paralysis! Good thing he can still move a bit.

Matapita used more energy this round, shooting through her Electric and Rock. Untouched in health. Desperado took a bit of damage, but didn't use as much energy. Rock is near half, and sporting a Swords Dance boost.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #9
Mew The Gato
Smile

"Retreat away from both your opponent and the remains of the Rock Tomb, as you use Ice Beam. Whenever he tries to close in, just use Bulldoze to interrupt him. Keep retreating and do not let him close in under any circumstances."

No three mover.

Last edited by Mew The Gato; 07-17-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #10
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Fight me like a man, you pansy!

Trip him up with Bulldoze and hit him with a focused Uproar!
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 2: Bloody pansies

Matapita starts to back away from the Bouffalant, charging up a Beam of Ice from her mouth! However, Desperado remains disappointed in the Kangaskhan, being a little pansy and all, and Bulldozes the ground with his front hooves, making her misfire completely, as she falls on her face. Onto a chunk of ice from her failed beam. Ouch. She gets back up, making sure that her child is okay, and keeps on running, an sudden Uproar rattles her brain! At least Matapita's like six metres away now. Ranged moves will be screwy though.

Matapita was the only one who took damage this round, Desperado taking the lead by a notch. The drumming of his Bulldoze earlier eased the paralysis on his leg a bit, but he is by no means free yet. Ground is at half for Desperado, Ice shot for Matapita. Desperado's starting to feel a tick tired.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-18-2014, 05:32 AM   #12
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Maybe now you'll actually try to fight me?

One more focused Uproar!
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-18-2014, 05:37 AM   #13
Mew The Gato
Smile

"We shall fight indeed. Use your superior freshness to use Bulldoze to interrupt the Uproar and knock him down, then make your way behind him and follow up with a hard, accurate and fast Double-Edge on a part of his body not covered with that dark afro. Proceed to finish him off with a fully charged Focus Punch, making sure to not hit his afro, and instead some other part of his body."

Three mover confirmed.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:02 AM   #14
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 3: A tick tired isn't DEAD TIRED. But eh.

Desperado lets out another bellowing Uproar, which travels hilariously faster than Matapita's attempt to Bulldoze the lawn. *snickers* Anyhoo, the sound makes Matapita's baby cry while she yowls in pain, while Desperado tries to steady himself from the shaking earth, his leg now free from paralysis! Matapita then makes a mad dash for the Bouffalant on the Double, taking a bit longer till impact because your ref is terrible and they're actually about ten metres apart. Anyhoo, body like the Edge of a sword, Matapita crashes into Desperado's... AFRO! It's very hard to get around a buffalo that instinctively wants to keep his eyes on you at all times. Desperado gets sent rolling across the lawn, staggering back up as Matapita Focuses her fighting spirit into the ULTIMATE PUNCH! Realising the damage soon to come, Desperado braces himself, ready to guard with his head once more, as the fist swerves to the side awkwardly! Desperado cranes his neck to follow, barely being able to stand as the punch rattles his skull! I mean, if this were realistic, ALL THE BRAIN DAMAGE.

Desperado's barely standing. I mean, seriously. Energy use minimal and refreshed. Matapita is crazy drained now, now in nearing the final third of energy. Damage was a bit thanks to recoil, nearing the midpoint. They're a few metres apart.

(Desperado would be pretty desperate to defend himself from attacks by instinct, plus his little one-mover at the time gave him the freedom in a sense to try guard.)

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-18-2014, 07:13 AM   #15
Mew The Gato
Smile

Uproar does not travel as fast as sound itself.

But if you think so...

"Round, Round."
Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 AM   #16
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Sound doesn't travel as fast as sound.

... Yeah, that makes complete sense. Anyway...

Put that freshness to work! Reversal twice!
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #17
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 4: A desperate battle!

Panting heavily, Matapita inhales as she tries to sing a Round, before she gets rammed by Desperado in a surprising Reversal! However, despite his best efforts, the Kangaskhan is able to finish him off with that one song, the buffalo crumpling on the ground.

Desperado is unable to battle! Son_of_Shadows, your next Pokemon and orders please!

Matapita took a chunk of damage before ending Desperado, now in critical. Not exactly fresh yet since the round was cut short.

>Sound travelling slower than sound.
I took it more as the damaging energy in the sound lags, but in the case of Bulldoze vs. Uproar, the latter was faster in terms of distance-closing.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-18-2014, 09:49 AM   #18
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Hmm. Going to have to be clever about this... But let's go with Gem!

Water Pulse (sphere) followed by Water Gun!
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-18-2014, 09:54 AM   #19
Mew The Gato
Smile

"Huh? Safeguard to block Water Pulse, and push him away as far away as possible, then swiftly unleash a fast Trump Card before you faint!"

Last edited by Mew The Gato; 07-18-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #20
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 5: Defeat is always near...

Recalling his gallant Bouffalant, SoS reaches for another Poke Ball, calling forth a Staryu named after its crimson core, Gem!

Quote:
Staryu (Water): Starmie and Staryu are, technically, blind. However, they use their senses, along with an excellent sense of touch, to detect opponents. Starmie and Staryu are capable of limited flight by using psychic energy. A Starmie or Staryufs core is its most vulnerable point. While not as adept at psychic abilities as Starmie, Staryu are considered familiar with psychic abilities, and can use Psychic to lift Pokémon.
Immediately, the Staryu sends an orb of Water flying toward Matapita! However, she guards from the hit with a Safeguard! The ball Pulsates before exploding on the bubble, harming no one! As Matapita tries to unleash her Trump Card, Gem simply shoots her down with a Water Gun!

Matapita is unable to battle! Mew The Gato, next Pokemon and orders please!

Energy use on Gem's end.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #21
Mew The Gato
Smile

"Well. Jeeb, released right in front of Gem. Retaliate twice. Aim for the gem!"
Old 07-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #22
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Well, I was expecting Lotad. Sure. Your funeral.

Safeguard then Supersonic.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by Son_of_Shadows; 07-18-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:36 AM   #23
Mew The Gato
Smile

>Does not attack at all.

I sure am glad I am not the referee here!
Old 07-19-2014, 04:44 AM   #24
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 6: DEFENCE BETTER THAN NO FENCE

The parent fallen, Mew The Gato calls upon another Kanto native to do battle! Welcome to the lawn, Jeeb the Lickitung!

Quote:
Lickitung (Normal): Lickitung has a long tongue, which it can extend out to 30 feet to hit enemies. Any attack a Lickitung does with its tongue does additional damage equal to Lick, with a 10% chance of paralysis.
Darting forward, Jeeb aims to avenge Matapita's defeat! In his mad dash to Retaliate, a bubble of white energy surrounds Gem, sending him flying back without dealing damage! Having Safeguarded himself from the brutal strike, Gem analyses its surroundings to predict where the Lickitung will try to strike. Of course, it would be to "HIT THE WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE", as Jeeb rushes ever faster than before, ignoring everything else, and with only rage and sadness for his teammate's defeat in his mind! Until a piercing noise rends the skies! His words, if any, fly up, his thoughts below. The image of smashing down the Staryu vanishes from his mind as Jeeb begins to imagine himself seeing stars, and not just Staryu.

Both sides untouched, some energy use, Gem wearing down a bit. Jeebs' confused as heck.

> No attacks
Correction! No damaging attacks. It's still better than "STARE AT THEM".

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-19-2014, 06:29 AM   #25
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew The Gato View Post
>Does not attack at all.

I sure am glad I am not the referee here!
I'm getting smack talk for defensive play from Mr. "As far away from it as possible"? Really?

Blast him away with a Scald from point blank range, aiming to burn his tongue, and follow with a Brine if you're successful in burning him, or a Thunder Wave if you're not.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL