2 v 2
Hidden Squad
Singles
48 HR DQ
Switch = OK
Slapstick
Equilevel 1
Pool Arena, rubber pontoons
Alright, let's get this going. You both have been around long enough to know how it works. PMs away!
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:44 AM   #2
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
PM in
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

And so we are ready to begin. Our competitors make their way to opposite sides as they select their champions. Kindindra is the first to make a choice, tossing her Pokeball over the pool where it releases her Pokemon into the water.

Quote:
Lily: Level 3 Female Lileep
"Ha! You fools should all learn to jive harder!"
Lily. Oh, Lily. It feels like it was only yesterday that we met you, doesn't it? Barely alive, the sole survivor of an incident which had taken everyone you used to know out of the picture. It's almost certain that the miners didn't know of your family's underground paradise when they demolished it. All the same, in a series of explosions, your entire past and future was wiped out. Instantly. That's when we found you, when Yang managed to sniff you out despite us having no idea that you would be there, or who you were. And, even then, crushed by the world, you continued to struggle on. No, calling it struggling is an insult to what you've accomplished. You seized life with all your limbs, and laughed in it's face, disregarding how much the incident had scarred you. You formed deep bonds, too. Yang, the Eevee to which you owed your life. Yin, the Togepi which taught you to imagine the bright side when none existed. And even me, the first Human you ever met. Oh, the fun we had, discussing music and the best ways to inflict pain. I suppose I owe some portion of my strength to you. Hah, I still remember the look on your face when Yang discovered a way to communicate with those long since gone. I had thought you lively before, but after you had communed with those you hadn't seen since the incident? You lived life with a new fervor. Yang tells me that you're trying to make up for all those who didn't get to live. That's wonderful and all, but we both agree that we hope you're at least enjoying life for yourself, as well. Well, you're probably waiting for me now. I understand that you're still somewhat bitter over Yang's karaoke performance beating you so utterly. Can't be late for the encore~
Hidden Power - Water

Signature Training: Ties that Bind (Rock)
Lily's tentacles are now ridiculously stronger, strong enough for her to use them to support her own weight or to hold an enemy off the ground while preparing an attack of significant power or less. Naturally, this lends a small boost in power and tenacity to moves that use her tentacles, such as Bind, Wring Out, or Constrict. Attacks using her tentacles have 20% more power, but also use 20% more energy. Her tentacles are also far more resilient and tougher, with a density seemingly closer to rock than flesh.
Almost simultaneously, Kairne tosses a Pokeball over the water, leaving a couple of pontoons between the battlers as the Lileep's fellow fossil makes its way into the water.

Quote:
Neptune: Anorith Lv 1 (M)
Hidden Power Type: Ice
Sig: Special Training/Type Change (Water): King of the Waves
Neptune has undergone a transformation, losing his Rock type in favour of the Water type, making him a Water/Bug type. He learned Ice Beam, Crabhammer, Surf, Brine, Razor Shell, and BubbleBeam along his journey, mostly from his crustacean friends. He retains familiarity with his former Rock type, but loses Stealth Rock, Smack Down, Rock Tomb, Rock Slide, and Rock Polish. As well, he loses Flash Cannon, Screech, and Swords Dance.
If you guys didn't plan this, you are awesome.

as one, the trainers bark out their orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Let's start off with Lily, in the water.

Barrier, Ancientpower. Replace the latter with Power Whip if they come into range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne

Neptune, you're up first. There's a pontoon a moderate distance from where Kind can send out, so I'll release you into the water behind it.

If the foe does not resist Bug, send over a ranged X-Scissor. If it does, Ancient Power instead. Either way, follow up with a Bubble Beam.
With a pair of ancient Pokemon squaring off in the water, this promises to be quite the interesting matchup. Noting that his foe is a Lileep and is not, in fact, resistant to bug attacks, Neptune crosses his arms, loading them full of bug energy as Lily creates a bright, shiny barrier. As Neptune swings his arms down, launching what could potentially be a devastating X-scissor at the Lileep, but the attack crashes against the barrier, which holds strong, protecting the grass bug from harm.

Not to be deterred, Neptune looses a stream of bubbles, the beam crashing into the barrier, which takes quite a punishment before cracking and disintegrating, allowing the last few bubbles to smack into Lily for a bit of damage. Lily then creates an orb of rock energy before hurling the ancientpower orb at her foe. The Anorith, though, isn't willing to take a full hit this early, and moves to dart out of the way, taking only a partial hit, although it still does quite a bit of damage.

Summaries

Energy usage was similar on both sides, but Neptune took a bigger hit than Lily. Both look good overall at this early stage.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #4
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

*Dies laughing*

Oh wow out of all the possible matchups this happened I cannot even BWAHAHAHAA

Who orders first, again? Been a while since I last did a hidden squad.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #5
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Unless I've been doing this wrong for my past 3 or 4 HS matches, challenger orders first after the hidden round. So that'd be Kairne.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 AM   #6
Slash
Poison Jam

Wasn't planned, but pretty cool haps.

Struggle Bug as you climb onto that pontoon. Ranged X-Scissor.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #7
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Ancientpower right after struggle bug, then use Smack Down to try and knock him off after the X-Scissor. Use your tentacles to aid in any partial dodges."
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #8
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Neptune, quite adept in the water, shoots up and onto the pontoon, releasing a light pulse of bug energy as he does so (although he doesn't really struggle to do that, but whatever) Lily, underwater and chilling out down at the bottom of the pool, takes the attack in stride before firing off a dose of ancientpower, the attack speeding out of the water and into Neptune for a nice blow. The Anorith stumbles back a few feet before jumping back to the edge of the pontoon and shearing off a second long-range x-scissor. Lily uses her tentacles as best she can to attempt to deflect the attack, but she still takes almost all of the damage. In retaliation, she blasts Neptune with an orb of energy in the form of a smack down , but Neptune just stumbles back to the center of the platform, rather than being pushed off.

Summaries

With typespam flying everywhere, both Pokemon are speeding through their first thirds and nearing the start of their middle thirds, with Lily holding a bit of a lead. Both seem okay for two, but they might like a break sooner rather than later.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #9
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Meant more 'move yourself with your tentacles' than 'deflect incoming attacks', since that's kinda the real point of the sig.

"Ancientpower, chill and stay dodge-y."
Quote:
Old 07-07-2014, 04:09 PM   #10
Slash
Poison Jam

Metal Claw through the Power and strike with it, use that nice swimming ability of yours. Then take advantage of that close range and your Surskit-resembling type energies to Ice Beam her to the face.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:42 AM   #11
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Lily, hoping to widen her lead a little bit, gathers up an orb of some dangerous looking rock energy between her freaky tentacles. Like a slingshot, she rears back and hurls the ancientpower orb at the edge of the pontoon, where Neptune has reappeared. Quickly, the Anorith coats his claw in a metalic substance, diving into the water and straight at the oncoming energy orb. The claw slashes into the orb, which splits in half, with one half careening off to the side while the other crashes down upon the Anorith's weird feather things on the opposite side of his body. It does some nice damage, but the king of the seven seas will not be deterred, as he continues on, clawing at Lily for a big hit of his own.

Fearing what may come next, Lily begins to scuttle away, but Neptune has other plans. He gathers up a crackling orb of blue ice energy before lancing a bolt of energy at the scurrying Lileep, striking her in the back of the head as she scuttles away. A thin layer of ice forms, perhaps half an inch thick. Luckily it doesn't obstruct her vision, and only rendered two tentacles immobile, Grudgingly, the Lileep flips back over and turns about, ready to continue the fight.

Summaries

A swift change, as Neptune has taken a large health lead. Lily is nearing her final third while Neptune is a ways into his middle third. Energywise, both are still okay overall, but Neptune would like a breather. Lily, however, just got one and looks ready to wreak some havoc.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #12
Slash
Poison Jam

Back up as much as you can without it costing a move as you try to time a Struggle Bug to interrupt something.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #13
Slash
Poison Jam

Bump for Kind.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #14
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Hoist yourself up to the platform and approach, firing off a Stone Edge and Two Ancientpowers as you do."

Three-mover confirmed! Unless I messed up somewhere again.
Quote:
Old 07-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #15
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

With both Pokemon on the floor of the pool, both sides are looking for some sort of strategic positioning. As Neptune backs up, moving directly under one platform, Lily flips back onto her head before using her mobile, superstrong tentacles to shove herself into the open water, where she flips about once more and grabs onto the edge of a different pontoon, pulling herself up. As she begins to concentrate a bit, gathering a few loose, sharply edged stones from the concrete walkway surrounding the pool, Neptune looses a second pulse of bug energy which strikes Lily, dealing a nice blow. She struggles to fire off her attack through the pain, but her aim is off, as only a couple of the stones strike the Anorith. As Neptune breathes a bit, panting, Lily quickly charges up an ancientpower and hurls the orb at Neptune, striking the fossil Pokemon. Without any pause, Lily charges up a second dose of ancientpower and fires once more, and try as the Anorith might, he can't quite manage to avoid the entire blast, taking a substantial blow.

Summaries

Lily regained her lead, as Neptune is precariously close to critical range. Not that Lily is doing so hot herself as she dropped into her final third. Both Pokemon are good for two, as Neptune is refreshed, and Lily just got a break last round. Lily might be a tad slower off the mark, though.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #16
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Ancientpower twice because who needs variety?"
Quote:
Old 07-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #17
Slash
Poison Jam

I'd question how it can move that well with two immobilised tentacles.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #18
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

The way I see it, a standard Lileep has 8 tentacles which are pretty much useless. Even with two of them frozen, that leaves 6 tentacles free. The only real reason that Lileep stopped moving after last round was because the purpose for moving had already happened. As it was, the getting to the platform took a bit more energy than it would have normally - although not enough for me to count it as a move, and to be quite honest I don't really see how it benefited Lily all that much, if at all.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:30 PM   #19
Slash
Poison Jam

Metal Claw through the power and strike, use both claws to cut through the energy better. Aqua Jet around the second to dodge and strike. X-Scissor.

Potential three.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #20
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

With Lily up on a pontoon, now, she seems to have a great vantagepoint from which to rain down evil upon the good lord Neptune. As such, she cobbles together an orb of ancient rock powers before sending it flying at Neptune. The Anorith, howerver, has other plans. the little fossil Pokemon coats his claws in a metallic substance as he leaps through the water, claws outstretched. He slashes right through the ancientpower, sparing himself from damage, and proceeds to surface, bashing his claws straight into Lily. That has to hurt. Lily, though, isn't pleased with that as she fires off another ancientpower. Neptune, lo and behold, wants none of it, so he begins to propel himself around the blast with an aqua jet. Unfortunately, he's not quite quick enough as the orb of energy connects with his tail end, throwing him off-course as he skids along the platform before he loads his claws full of bug energy and slams home an X-scissor. Lily tries to stay with it, but she can't manage, This proves to be too much for Lily to handle, and she flops forward, defeated.

Lily is unable to battle! Kindindra, your second and final Pokemon, please!

Summaries

A decent chunk of damage to Neptune as he drops just into critical range, and some good energy use. still alright there

Last edited by kingothestone; 07-17-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #21
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

So I'm actually OK with the large movement from Metal Claw because I support that, but evading with Aqua Jet at close range just can't be right.
Quote:
Old 07-17-2014, 12:05 AM   #22
Slash
Poison Jam

Lileep might be a little slower off the mark because the previous round's three-mover.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #23
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

A little slower, sure, but at close range it should still net at least a partial hit and I'm not sure why I didn't account for that. Round will be edited shortly.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:08 AM   #24
Slash
Poison Jam

Fair.

Saw edits, no objections here.

Last edited by Slash; 07-17-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #25
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Cool.

"That'll teach me to try and play it safe. Jordan!

Quote:
Jordan: Level 1 Male Audino
No Bio
Hidden Power- Dark
No Sig
Quickly Charge Beam. A second, if necessary!"
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL