UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #26
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

pokemon with ingame shed skin... can they get a 10% chance of shedding status afflictions... even expand that to serpents like milotic
Old 06-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #27
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
For Delphox, shouldn't it say it uses light energy per action and not light damage?

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Old 06-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #28
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Kadabra partially has a SC that describes Abra. And then a SC that describes the same effect for a Kadabra.

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Old 06-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #29
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
> Doduo line

Current SC gives flight (shitty flight but flight all the same).

Doduo:
Red, Blue
A bird that makes up for its poor flying with its fast foot speed. Leaves giant footprints.

Yellow
Its short wings make flying difficult. Instead, this POKéMON runs at high speed on developed legs.

Leaf Green
A bird that makes up for its poor flying with its fast foot speed. Leaves giant footprints.

Bulbapedia (I know not an official resource but it still strengthens the argument):
Due to its almost non-existent wings, it cannot fly very well but has developed its legs to be very powerful runner.

Anime Pokedex:
Doduo, the Twin Bird Pokémon. It runs faster than it can fly.

Dodrio, a three-headed Bird Pokémon that can run faster than it can fly. Its three heads represent joy, sorrow and anger.

^
This is the big thing, because it means that the anime confirms its ability to fly. Not well, but fly all the same. Add that to the ability to learn Fly via HM in every generation (and like I said, not dismissible as Crackachu) and I don't see any effective argument whatsoever for it not being able to fly.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #30
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Can we pls remove "Can see in the dark" for most of the Bug type SC's? It's totally unnecessary. The Bug SC already covers that. It's the exceptions that should be pointed out, not the majority.

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #31
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

I love the Cryogonal SC. And Klinklang is finally getting an SC :P
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

Old 06-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #32
Mercutio
Banned

I don't think that redundancy is harmful.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #33
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying): Aerodactyl are a terrifying sight and its fear-inducing attacks are more effective. Aerodactyl's biting moves are 1.2x more powerful than those of other Pokémon. Though not particularly agile, Aerodactyl are powerful fliers. They use less energy when carrying other Pokémon and can lift 1.5x the weight that most other Flying-type Pokémon could.
Where was this when it was actually needed?!

The SCs look really great, by the way. Though I think Seviper should get a slight boost to their biting attacks and Zangoose should get a slight boost with slashing attacks to add a bit more flavor to their SCs that isn't a rivalry that is almost never going to come to fruition in an ASB battle.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #34
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

>Carbink still gets boost to beam attacks
Old 06-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #35
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Staryu (Water): Starmie and Staryu do not have eyes and thus cannot be affected by moves such as Confuse Ray or Flash. However, they use their psychic senses and an excellent sense of touch to detect opponents with ease. Starmie and Staryu are capable of limited flight by using psychic energy, with a flight ceiling about as high as their trainer's head. A Starmie or Staryu's core is its most vulnerable point and they will take a bit more damage if attacked there with physical moves. While not as adept at psychic abilities as Starmie, Staryu are considered familiar with psychic abilities, and can use Psychic to lift Pokémon. As starfish, they easily recover from serious injuries and will never have to stay in a Pokémon centre for longer than one battle, unless they are placed there because their core has been damaged.

Starmie (Water/Psychic): Starmie and Staryu do not have eyes and thus cannot be affected by moves such as Confuse Ray or Flash. However, they use their psychic senses and an excellent sense of touch to detect opponents with ease. Starmie and Staryu are capable of limited flight by using psychic energy, with a flight ceiling about as high as their trainer's head. A Starmie or Staryu's core is its most vulnerable point and they will take a bit more damage if attacked there with physical moves. While not as adept at psychic abilities as Starmie, Staryu are considered familiar with psychic abilities, and can use Psychic to lift Pokémon. As starfish, they easily recover from serious injuries and will never have to stay in a Pokémon centre for longer than one battle, unless they are placed there because their core has been damaged.

Musharna is spelled Munsharna as well.

Basculin (Water): Basculin come in two forms, one with a red stripe and one with a blue stripe. These two types also vary in fin and eye shape, but these differences are largely atheistic.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #36
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

I approve of atheistic Basculin.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #37
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Well Arceus doesn't.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #38
Cloneblazer12
somewhat temporarily back

Send a message via Skype™ to Cloneblazer12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy View Post
Well Arceus doesn't.
Hes only a myth
Old 06-05-2014, 10:10 PM   #39
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
I love everything. The only points that I'll mention are the ones that I mentioned in the other SC thread, which Kush said that he'd consider for the new SCs:

- Psychic familiarity for Mothim and Aromatisse, since they learn Psychic via level-up (like many other Pokemon which are Psychic-familiar).
- Spritzee-esque levitation for Aromatisse.
- Honchkrow being a symbol of woe like Murkrow.

Other than that, everything else is great. Thanks for the fantastic work!
Old 06-05-2014, 10:12 PM   #40
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Oh yeah one more thing.

Spiritomb no longer being perma-ethereal please. Being able to go solid would be great for it.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #41
Slash
Poison Jam

> pokemon with ingame shed skin... can they get a 10% chance of shedding status afflictions... even expand that to serpents like milotic

Honestly this is a terrible idea. Not really a reason why shedding a skin should make you less confused, less asleep, or less cursed.

And then Milotic makes absolutely no sense and seems completely irrelevant to the idea of Shed Skin, especially since many who get Shed Skin are bugs or reptiles, whereas Milotic is a fish who does not in any way get Shed Skin or anything similar, so I'm not even sure why that's even an idea.

My arguments on Doduo line's flight have been mentioned

> Carbink

I was wondering if we could do something like letting him release moves like Moon Blast and Power Gem in beam form for an energy boost. Light moves seems most fair, since it limits him to those two and Dazzling Gleam for it, giving him a nice uniqueness that doesn't over power him.

> The SCs look really great, by the way. Though I think Seviper should get a slight boost to their biting attacks and Zangoose should get a slight boost with slashing attacks to add a bit more flavor to their SCs that isn't a rivalry that is almost never going to come to fruition in an ASB battle.

I like this idea, but for me, I'd more lean to tail moves for Seviper. Since Poison Tail is almost a signature move of Seviper's, or at least one pretty much invented for it, an equivalent to Zangoose's Crush Claw, meaning they both get an SC boost.

> Spiritomb no longer being perma-ethereal please. Being able to go solid would be great for it.

Maybe make it not take so much from special attacks, or perhaps let it be gassy? It looks kinda gassy as it is, and then it wouldn't be so terrible against special moves.

I'd like some more of the understood familiarities and fauxmiliarities to be codified, even if they should be common sense, because there are quite a few refs, especially when you consider that we get new refs all the time, who won't give any extra off-type unless specifically stated and codified somewhere official, instead of just using their heads and seeing the answer that should be right in front of them.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:00 AM   #42
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Honestly I feel any Ghost that has perma gaseous or ethereal parts should get the Gastly buff. Especially if they've also got perma solid parts since having the worst of both worlds and the best of neither sucks and most Ghosts that suffer from this are piss poor to begin with.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Old 06-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #43
Mercutio
Banned

> Carbink

I'll change it to light based attacks, it gets a few of those once they're rewritten to explicitly be light based attacks.

> Seviper and Zangoose

I'm sure there's a reason we didn't already give these two tail (not fang, Kairne's right) and claw boosts. I can't remember what it is so I'll put it in now and we can remove it if it becomes problematic.

> Shed Skin

We rejected this internally, it didn't really work in the way we wanted it to, but I'll bring it up with the LOs. Some of the stuff that gets it could certainly do with the help.

> Psychic familiar

We're probably just gonna kill this concept off to be honest.

> Levitation

Sure.

> Symbol of woe

Sure why not.

> Solid Spiritomb

No, but Sneezey's idea is good so I'll put that in.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #44
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

if electivire got a motor boost-esque boost... can lanturn get a volt absorb-esque boost... maybe resist electric as oppose to immunity + health regain... or maybe energy regain when hit by electric while taking neutral to electric?
Old 06-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #45
The Desert Spirit
Boulder Badge

Rotom (Electric/Ghost): Rotom are considered permanently in 'plasma' state, which counts as the Gaseous state, and cannot achieve the solid, ethereal or invisible states. However, they can pass through walls in this 'plasma' state and are able to occupy objects for a much longer time than other Ghosts. Despite being locked out of the physical state, they take only 10% extra damage from special moves instead of the usual amounts. While occupying an object on the battlefield, they will take full damage from attacks if that object is hit with attacks. Despite these abilities, Rotom cannot stay in walls, floors, or other significant surfaces for any longer than the typical ghost. Despite being locked out of the physical state, it takes only 10% extra damage from special moves. Rotom are very fast and able to turn corners sharply and instantly. It can levitate to about waist height of its trainer. Rotom may change 'formes' and bond itself more permanently with an object, thus changing its moves, abilities, typing and appearance (see Ghost Information for more details).

Bit of unnecessary repetition here

credit to Mew The Gato for the epic banner
Old 06-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #46
Mercutio
Banned

> Volt Absorb

In no way will this ever be a thing

> Rotom

Woops
Old 06-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #47
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Regarding Mothim and Aromatisse, another point is that Wormadam has received Psychic familiarity in the SC rewrites. Mothim and Aromatisse are too light to be telekinetically lifting anything, but they do appreciate the extra Psychic type energy, especially for coverage against Poison-types (for Aromatisse) and especially for not being completely outclassed by all other Bug/Flying Pokemon (for Mothim). That extra oomph of Psychic offtype, making them officially familiar than than merely "fauxmilliar", would help them be less awful.

Yeah, they'll both still suck, probably, but at least they'll suck slightly less.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:15 AM   #48
Mercutio
Banned

Yeah the issue is that when we give stuff Psychic familiarity we don't actually intend to increase their Psychic energy. But because the terms are the same for some reason it happens.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:47 PM   #49
Slash
Poison Jam

Okay, so I was thinking about Seviper and Zangoose getting the tail and claw boosts and it made me think of some other Pokemon and moves they have that either are/were signature to them, or seem to have been created pretty much for them. Perhaps some Pokemon should be able to use these and similar moves either with a boost or just with some more ease. These and a few other ideas ran through my head so I figured I'd bring them up.

The Oshawott line's Razor Shell. Although not exclusive, it does have quite limited distribution and seems to have been created expressly for them. Samurott gets a boost on it, so that might cover it, but I was thinking possibly having them able to execute Razor Shell a little quicker.

The Tepig line has the signature Heat Crash, and they also get Heavy Slam, so a boost to moves helped by large mass might be an interesting idea (especially if specified that it only benefits the damage these moves do and not all weight use in general) and also help set it apart from the other firefighter starters

The Snivy line's equivalent seems to more or less be Leaf Tornado, being one of only five lines that gets it. Perhaps instead of a boost to damage or quicker usage, the line could get a small boost to wind speeds of moves like it and Twister, making them a bit more likely to disorient.

Perhaps Sawsbuck's Horn Leech could be a little more efficient for him, or start slightly less affected by diminishing returns?

Flavourwise, Eelektross has the sucker mouth and Giga Drain and Drain Punch, so I was wondering if we could give him a slight boost to drains.

Joltik and Spinarak lines could probably stand to be noted as more skilled than any other Pokemon with webbing, perhaps having their webbing be a bit tougher?

Mienfoo get a few bouncing attacks, and are kinda bunnyish kinda. A boost to skill using moves like Jump Kick, High Jump Kick, Bounce, Fake Out, and Acrobatics, as well as a higher jump ceiling, might help.

I was thinking of what might make Spiritomb more usable, and thought of his interesting makeup of evil spirits. Perhaps this could be used to justify a boost to some of the more evil or vile techniques, like Nasty Plot and curses, and/or more tenacity with Pursuit.

The Mankey line might benefit from a boost to moves that benefit from rage, like Frustration, Rage, Fury Swipes, Thrash, Close Combat, Revenge, and Outrage. Perhaps they are more powerful and a bit harder to break him out of prematurely, but are more tiring?

Perhaps Cacnea and Maractus could have a chance of piercing damage with Needle Arm?

Volbeat and Illumise having a slight boost, or just perhaps slightly less energy cost to their light-based moves wouldn't be a terrible idea. Tail Glow and being fireflies is an obvious point to that, but Signal Beam (originally only given in RS by levelup to Volbeat) is also a thing.

Blaziken, Swampert, and Sceptile each had signature exclusive moves when they were the new thing. While Blaziken gets a boost to kicks (Blaze Kick), the other two don't get boosts to the moves that were once their exclusives. So I think Sceptile should get a boost to slashes (Leaf Blade) and Swampert's mud moves (Muddy Water) should be stickier and more likely to get in places they can cause irritation.

Nuzleaf was the only one to get Extrasensory by level in Gen III, so perhaps make it slightly better at disruption or causing slightly worse trauma for them? It also quite fits in with the oni concept it has.

Arcanine perhaps is faster executing Extremespeed?

Dusclops with slight Shadow Punch boost?

Octillery really doesn't need the help, but Octazooka should probably be a bit better when he uses it (it is Okutank [Octillery] Cannon in Japanese)

Shellder line with Icicle Spear, or perhaps all solid projectiles that are formed from energy (Rock Blast, Pin Missile, not physical water)? Nods to both Icicle Spear and Skill Link and is an interesting quirk.

I was also thinking the original trio of trios (Magneton, Dodrio, Dugtrio) might benefit from a boost to Tri Attack, because thematically it fits.

Eruption and Water Spout for Camerupt and Wailord, maybe?

I was wondering about Arbok, due to its potent poisons, having an innate 10% chance to poison with biting moves?

Spheal line's ability to manipulate objects with their noses perhaps extended to help better use of Ice Ball?

Also, can Pumpkaboo line get Fire familiarity?
Old 06-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #50
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
I was also thinking the original trio of trios (Magneton, Dodrio, Dugtrio) might benefit from a boost to Tri Attack, because thematically it fits.
To expand on this, perhaps Hydreigon too? Doesn't really need the help, but the thematicness is there.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries