UPN PASBL: Machamp-X Vs Kindindra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match Specifications
2v2
72 Hour DQ
Slapstick
Switch=KO
Arena = Ref Choice
Well then, it looks like I get to throw you guys into another one of my custom arenas. I hope you guys have played Jak 2 so you have some idea what the hell this is.

Arena Name (Origin): Haven City (Jak 2 / Jak 3)
Special Conditions for use: None

Arena Special Rules:

~ Hovercars
~~ Once every 4 rounds, a hover car will pass through the battlefield. The size of the car will vary in size from small to medium to large, with a 33% chance of each one appearing in the given round. The car will take 2 full rounds to make its way out of the area. These cars are driven by civilians. The cars, flying about 10 feet off the ground, may be used as stepping stones or as weapons. If used as weapons, the civilians driving the cars will attempt to jump out of the car and run away screaming. If they cannot escape quickly enough, they will 'die'. The hover cars are relatively durable, and will require significant amounts of damage to explode. The explosions can send shrapnel everywhere, at the refs discretion.

~Civilians
~~ Civilians may only enter the field via hover cars, and will run away screaming should their road trip be cut short. They can be 'killed' from a light amount of damage, and will fall and disappear in a soft flash of white energy orbs. Consider them normal typed.

Arena 1: The Port (Custom Outdoor)

The match will take place on a pair of circular platforms, each 100 feet across in diameter. They are connected by a 70 foot long by 20 foot wide straight walkway. In the center of each platform is a 50 foot high tower, not dissimilar to Sprout Tower in structure. these towers, easily climbable, are connected to one another at the top by a second bridge, this one only 10 feet wide. This upper bridge can only sustain the weight of a pair of small-medium sized Pokemon. Any combined weight over 300 lbs will likely cause the wires holding the bridge up to break (refs discretion). There are additional walkways on the outer side of either platform, but these are blocked off by force fields and are only even mentioned as a way to utilize a special rule. The entire structure is surrounded by water, the platforms and lower bridge only a foot above water level.

I did away with the Krimzon Guards and the wild Pokemon since this is a 2v2. Machamp, squad up whenever you're ready.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Okay, let's go. Go easy on me, Kin!

Malefica LV 1 female Misdreavus

Hallowight LV 1 average male pumpkaboo

Cath LV 1 Magnemite

Serpenox LV 1 f Dratini

Virus LV 1 Porygon

Scorpius LV 2 M Gliscor HP Elec
Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm notoriously terrible at leveling matches. ^_^
Thanks for reffing, however-you-spell-vomit-in-that-language!

Quote:
Valma the Hurricane: Level 1 Female Pawniard
"No one shall pass this point. No one."
A legendary warrior devoted to her cause.
Hidden Power - Fighting

Signature Move: XV Cutter (Flying)
Valma charges her blades with energy before slicing the foe with a rising double upper (X) followed by a converging downwards chop (V). The attack generally deals significant damage, but it works like a reverse-Rock Smash, being more effective against fleshy opponents, and potentially inflicting distracting cuts on such opponents. The attack requires significant energy to perform, and Valma has the flying energy to perform it twice per battle.

Namaeka: Level 1 Male Inkay
Too lazy to post bio

No Sig

Aoika: Level 1 Female Frogadier
Bio Pending. Aoika is a lesbian, attracted to female pokemon but not male pokemon.
Hidden Power - Fire

Sig Pending

Halley: Level 1 Female Clefairy
"I- If you think I'm ready..."
Halley, like Apollo and Hubble, was one of the younger pokemon sent on the Pokeventure operation. As the representative of the species thought to have come to the stars, Halley found blending in with the others a tad difficult, and often kept to herself. Her exceeding shyness, remarkable among her species, didn't help matters any. However, her status as the only loner aboard the ship aroused Apollo's curiosity, and he took to observing the nameless companion. He started trying to converse with her, and gradually she started not running away quite as quickly. One day, Apollo slipped, and accidentally referred to her as 'Halley' while he was talking to her. Startled, she asked if he meant her. Embarrassed, Apollo explained that since she was certain to appear at mealtimes, but absent the rest of the day, he had come to think of her as something like a comet. He continued to bashfully ramble on about how he knew it was a boy's name and how he was really sorry and suchforth, but Halley stopped him. She told him that she had never had a name before, or at least one that wasn't a number. She... Liked it. It took Apollo a moment to process this, but he cheered up noticeably once he had. From that day on, the two were seen together much more frequently, oftentimes staring out a viewport, simply chatting about the stars. Halley started to take an interest in the myths and legends that surrounded the burning spheres, a topic Apollo wasn't averse to learning more about, either. Often the two would cause a bit of a commotion when they broke into the quarters of the more experienced pokemon and begged for scraps of info. Luckily, their seniors were happy to oblige, and the teachings became a regular thing. Hubble would frequently wryly ask if she didn't get tired of their mutual friend's enthusiasm, and would simply smile knowingly when Halley perplexedly asked what she meant. Even now that they've joined my team, the two are never far apart, chatting whenever they're not tied up with battle. I ship them so hard.
Hidden Power - Ice

Signature Technique: Halley's Comet (XX)
Emulating the slow but certain regularity of a comet's cycle, Halley focuses her energy. For energy equal to Curse[NO], Halley receives a speed loss equal to that of Curse[NO], and gains a boost to defense and special attack equal to Curse[NO]'s boost to defense and physical attack. All boost stipulations, such as diminishing returns, apply.

Allie: Male Level 1 Flabebe (Pale Green Flower)
"I'll show you what I can do!"
Too lazy; Didn't C+P

No Sig

Hiro: Male Level 1 Marill
cba
Hidden Power - Fighting

No Sig

Namaeka, you're up first simply due to being the only team member not weak to someone's STAB.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:55 AM   #4
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Scorpius, the usual Razor wind then DC earthquake.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Throw up a Reflect Screen, then strike with a Psychic Wave after his attacks."
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:08 AM   #6
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

And so, our battlers are ready. Kindindra sends out Namaeka the Inkay, while Machamp-X provides his usual counter of Scorpius the Gliscor. Neither side wastes any time, as Namaeka throws up a reflective barrier. This works out very well, as Scorpius flaps his wee little wings, blowing some razor-sharp pockets of wind at his foe. The pockets, of course, slam against the screen, doing pretty much nothing, although it puts some nice cracks in the screen. Not pleased, Scorpius lunges forward, slamming his pincer into the screen, hoping to break it with a direct contact earthquake. The screen, although it's designed to take a lot of damage, has had enough, and shatters under the force of the blow. Namaeka, however, smirks as the Gliscor realizes that he's in for a world of pain. The Inkay unleashes a psychic blast, sending Scorpius tumbling backwards in pain.

Summaries

Not much happened. Both sides used quite a bit of energy, and Scorpius took the only hit.

Last edited by kingothestone; 06-06-2014 at 06:59 AM.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:45 AM   #7
Chalis
Activating Rampage

This time it's a Gliscor.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #8
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Lead with a QC Substitute, then follow with Rain Dance. Replace Rain Dance with Psywave if your substitute is broken- Concentrate on it."
Quote:
Old 06-06-2014, 05:37 PM   #9
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Break QC sub with Razor Wind. X-Scissor, possibly breaking Psywave concentration.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #10
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

The round seemingly starts with Scorpius spamming some more razor wind, but alas it seems as if Namaeka created a quickly charged substitute, which eats the attack right up before crumbling to nothingness. The Inkay is ready, though, and fires off a highly concentrated psywave, generating a full 7 rings due to not having to worry about the incoming attack. The psywave slams into the Gliscor, and it's so powerful, in fact, that the mental barrage leaves Scorpius writhing in pain, his mind addled. It seems he can't think clearly enough to attack!

Summaries

Direct damage for Scorpius, while Namaeka's was self-inflicted. Scorpius is nearing the end of his first third, and Namaeka wouldn't mind a break after the last couple of rounds.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #11
Chalis
Activating Rampage

I wanted him to stop Psywave with it. Razor Wind, DC Earthquake.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #12
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Reflect, chill."
Quote:
Old 06-08-2014, 08:28 PM   #13
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

When your opponent has the initiative advantage and isn't taking a hit, chances that you'll be able to interrupt anything that they do with something besides screech/roar or the like diminish greatly.

Reffing tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #14
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

So Scorpius decides to go for all out damage, but Namaeka is apparently having none of it. As the Gliscor whips up another razor wind, the Inkay throws up a reflective screen, which just eats that all up with plenty of room to spare. Not to be deterred, Scorpius moves in for a DC earthquake, slamming into the shield and sending shockwaves through it, causing the screen to crumble but doing no damage to Namaeka.

Summaries

No damage, lots of energy use from Scorpius. He could use a break, while Namaeka is fresh.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #15
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"The situation has changed, but the plan is all the more viable.

Lead with a QC Substitute, then follow with Rain Dance. Replace Rain Dance with Psywave if your substitute is broken- Concentrate on it."
Quote:
Old 06-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #16
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Ummm... Let's go with a Slash to break that substitute, then an X-Scissor as fast as you can. Replace with Screech if being battered by Psywave.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #17
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

REDUX

The round seemingly starts with Scorpius spamming some more razor wind slashing at what appears to be an Inkay, but alas it seems as if Namaeka created a quickly charged substitute, which eats the attack right up before crumbling to nothingness. The Inkay is ready, though, and fires off a highly concentrated psywave, generating a full 7 6 rings due to not having to worry about the incoming attack, although this time she is slightly more rushed. The psywave slams into the Gliscor, and it's so powerful, in fact, that the mental barrage leaves Scorpius writhing in pain, his mind addled. It seems he can't think clearly enough to attack! He has no time to hit his foe with an x-scissor, let alone screech for anything besides obvious pain.

Summaries

Direct damage for Scorpius, while Namaeka's was self-inflicted. Scorpius is nearing the end of his first third into his middle third, and Namaeka wouldn't mind a break after the last couple of rounds both sides look decently fresh.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #18
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Waaah! Slash, then Frustration.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #19
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Barrier, Rain Dance.

LET IT POUR"
Quote:
Old 06-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #20
Chalis
Activating Rampage

You really need your fix of rain, don't you. whats your plan ill send you a pizza
Old 06-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #21
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

I have found proof that Namaeka is the wimpiest Inkay in all the land, and it comes in the fact that she refuses to let the Gliscor attack her, throwing up a barrier to stop both a slash and then a frustration, causing the third screen of the match to crumble away. She then shoots some energy into the sky, finally summoning the rain. Maybe now we can see what the hell Kind is trying to do?

Summaries

No damage. Plenty of energy usage. Both should watch that, Namaeka more so.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #22
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Soon.gif

"For now, it's time to take some damage. Distance yourself and stay dodgy, throwing up a Barrier if he approaches."
Quote:

Last edited by Kindrindra; 06-10-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:17 PM   #23
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

That's old!Reflect you're thinking of.
Quote:
Old 06-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #24
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Sorry bout deleting my first post, I tried to edit but my internet or phone messed up and made a new post.
Moving closer to trigger Barrier, Screech it out of it, then X-Scissor on Namaeka, nothing else but Namaeka itself.
If it counts as three, though, a Razor Wind. From afar, to prevent Barrier from happening, and Sunny Day.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #25
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Scorpius moves in, and just as Namaeka begins to concentrate on creating yet another barrier, the Gliscor lets out a horrendous screech, shattering the squid's concentration. The flying scorpion then glides in, striking with an X-scissor and dealing a disgustingly harsh blow.

Summaries

It's really starting to rain now, and both sides are neck and neck on all fronts. Both seem fairly refreshed after pseudo 0/1 movers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL