Singles
Equiall
Slapstick
96 Hour DQ
Switch = OK
The Last Stop

Spoiler: show
The Last Stop
The Last Stop looks like a simple bog, but it is not entirely of this realm. It is the final resting place of souls who have yet to cross to the other side. The trees here are all petrified, and while there are enough of them to provide decent cover, they are spaced out well enough to allow Pokemon of somewhat large size to pass unhindered. The real quirk to this place, however, is the somewhat dense fog, which cannot be blown away. Pokemon not of the Ghost type will have some difficulty seeing through it, as it is not normal fog, and is the barrier to the other side. Additionally, the fog gets thicker with each Pokemon that is knocked out during the battle, starting as a slight irritation at the beginning but able to become bad enough that the average Pokemon won't be able to see far from their own face, though this requires a full ten Pokemon total from both sides to become as such. The bog itself is fairly shallow, so Ground and Rock attacks may be used normally, however it is deep enough that it can be used for Water attacks that rely on the arena. In the center of the woods, where the battle starts, is a circular platform raised a foot out of the bog made of clay enscribed with odd simbols that glow an eery blue to show the direction of any Pokemon that are not of the Ghost type. There are five torches on this platform lit with blue flame. Four spaced evenly along the perimeter and one in the center. The torches cannot be blown out or put out in any way other than being fed upon by a Ghost, which costs a move and restores light energy. All battles will take place at night under the full moon, having an effect on attacks that use moonlight similarly to if Sunny Day was to be used at night. The moon may give off a lot of light, but this is the main reason that visibility is so clear, and as the fog gets thicker the combatants will be less and less able to use the moon to it's full advantageous effects. Weather based attacks will not work here, as there is no change in weather in the other realm.
The Ghost- type Gym Leader faces off against our most beloved Dark- type Gym Trainer. This can only end well. Squads!

Last edited by Connor; 08-06-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze

Smoke Badge
Attachable Badge
The Smoke Badge is proof of a trainer's victory over Sneasel12 in The Last Stop Ghost Gym, the main metal casing of which is shaped as a wafting puff of smoke. The ever swirling smoke behind the thick glass of the badge represents the ability to change one's strategy at a moment's notice, a quality one must possess if one wishes to be a top tier trainer.
Badge Effect: Shifting Smoke
The Pokemon this badge is attached to is enveloped in a smokey aura that, when touched by an opponent, causes them to become horrified. This horror prevents the opponent from using any attack or technique gained through their signature for the rest of the match. Additionally, if the opponent normally has a justifiable reason to be afraid of the wearer, the opponent will also have any mental stat changes removed and their mental state made neutral. The effects of fear and intimidation moves are not affected by the horror created by this smoke.
Attached to Anasazi the Dusknoir

Reaper's Token
This attachable item can only be given to Ghost type pokémon. If the pokémon wearing this token has the ability to change in to the Invisible state, they are able to do so for three turns instead of the usual two and enjoy perfect invisibility where they might usually have left an icy glimmer or some other give away. If the selected pokémon does not already possess the ability to change in to the Invisible state, they gain the ability to do so for two turns, leaving a slight give away when they do so such as the glint of an eye or the glow of an ectoplasmic body. Ghosts wearing this token are also granted an increased ability to trick their opponents. This token is available only during the Halloween sale and may be purchased by trainers up to once.
Attached to Caesar the Aegislash

Creed: Male Gengar (level 7) (uplevel)
Biography: Creed prides himself on being a master of status and dirty tricks, but oddly enough is unable to use one of the more underhanded ways of distributing status. Because GameFreak likes crack, I suppose. He has undergone the brief training to learn this move.
Hidden Power: Water
Special Training: More Poison, Less Hassle
Creed can now use Toxic Spikes.

Anasazi: Male Dusknoir (level 6)
Biography: Anasazi is the ghost of a deceased tribal chief, known for his unrelenting war tactics and brutal power. His entire tribe was massacred and his land razed in the dead of night by another tribe, himself included. He holds a connection to the rest of his tribe that allows him to shift into their plane of existence with great effort.
Hidden Power: Bug
Special Training: True Power
Anasazi can use Shadow Force once per match. Anasazi no longer benefits from fighting more enthusiatically at night, as most Ghosts do. Additionally, he is considered weak to Fire type moves, and can no longer use any Fire type moves. His connection to other spirits means that he does not have full control over his own being, let alone having control over that of others, and as such can no longer use Curse, Pain Split, or Destiny Bond.

Miss Missy Miss: Female Mismagius (level 6)
Biography: Miss Missy Miss has always taken joy in staying awake for days on end, and I could never figure out as to why. After quite a while I determined that this problem was because she couldn't relax when it was time to sleep, disturbed by all the commotion around her. It was at this point when I got her a white noise machine, and she hasn't had a problem relaxing ever since. In fact, she liked the white noise so much that she would just start letting out sounds of her own to mock it, calming herself down in the process.
Hidden Power: Fighting
Special Training: White Noise
Whenever Miss Missy Miss uses Screech, she is benefitted with the same boosts associated with a Calm Mind. Her Screech attacks now use 25% more energy, and may only be used twice per match. Also, because she respects how difficult it is to get sleep sometimes, she will not purposely use damaging attacks against sleeping opponents, and has foregone her learning of Nightmare and Dream Eater.

Keaira: Female Sableye (level 6)
Biography: Keiara, being a Sableye, has always had a deep connection to the shadows around her. Inspired by her abilities involving shadows, Keira decided to go under training to use shadows further to her advantage, forming a strong attack out of them.
Hidden Power: Flying
Special Attack: Totally Not Shadowball (Ghost/Dark)
Keiara draws shadows around her into a ball of energy which she then hurls at the target for extreme damage. If the arena is very dark, the charge time will be reduced slightly, but if there is very little shadow to draw from, it will take longer, at ref's discretion. Obviously if for whatever reason there are no shadows about, the attack is unusuable. This attack takes extreme energy, and can be used twice per battle, once as a Ghost type attack, and once as a Dark type attack. Charge time in an average arena is just over that of a Hyper Beam.

R-66Y aka "Robo": Genderless Golurk (level 6)
Bio: R-66Y hails from a time period from the distant future, brought back by crazy science magic portals or whatever. His parts were in disrepair when found, and had to be replaced - save for one thing - his optic sensors. These advanced optics allow him to see weaknesses that his opponent may be trying to cover up, thus allowing him to exploit them.
Hidden Power: Grass
Special Training: Analyze
Any moves used by R-66Y do not have their type effectiveness modifiers changed by sigs that would otherwise effect them. This goes both ways, meaning that a normally super effective move made neutral, or simply weakened, would still do full damage, however an immunity made neutral would remain immune, and so on. Thus, a Scizor sigged to take 300% damage from Fire attacks would still take the normal 400%, and a Lucario sigged to take 100% damage from Steel attacks would still take the normal 50%. R-66Y cannot use Double Team, Substitute, Protect, Safeguard, or Magic Coat.

Caesar: Male Aegislash (level 6)
Biography: The soul of a valiant soldier and leader, stabbed in the back by his friends. Caesar has wandered the afterlife with his defenses constantly up. He's even gone so far as to learn how to catch his opponent off guard before they can do the same to him.
Hidden Power: Psychic
Special Attack: Shield Chuck (Steel)
Caesar coats his shield in a good amount of Steel energy before tossing it violently at his foe. The strike is quick, dealing moderate damage, and upon hitting any object, Caesar's shield will automatically return to his sword. Due to the swift nature of the blow, it will frequently catch opponents off guard, startling them and allowing Caesar to strike with a follow up attack much more easily. Additionally, due to the Steel energy, if this attack is used to charge through any energy based attack, the damage taken will be somewhat reduced, much like Iron Head.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Torn between screaming "DEATH TO HONOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR" and "I'M FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCEKD". Both? "Death to I'm honouuuuuuucked"?

Silliness aside, let's have a fun one, Sneezy. I look forwards to seeing how you drive me off!

Breakwater Badge:
Global Badge
Depicting a rocky breakwater with a mighty wave looming behind it, this badge is given out to those who defeat Concept in his water gym.
Badge Effect: High Tide
Once per battle in switch = KO, the wielder may switch a pokemon as if it were switch = OK (obviously unlike BP, VS and UT, this doesn't pass any stat changes). This is treated exactly as it would be in switch=OK, with the opponent getting a re-order and such. In switch = OK, the wielder may (once per battle) pass on stat changes using a conventional switch as if using one of the switching moves. This is still treated as a regular switch would be (with the opponent getting a re-order). In either case it costs good energy (which, like the energy used for baton pass, cannot be recovered in the pokeball) and even if the switch is somehow prevented, the badge effect cannot be used again that match.

Reaper's Token:
This attachable item can only be given to Ghost type pokémon. If the pokémon wearing this token has the ability to change in to the Invisible state, they are able to do so for three turns instead of the usual two and enjoy perfect invisibility where they might usually have left an icy glimmer or some other give away. If the selected pokémon does not already possess the ability to change in to the Invisible state, they gain the ability to do so for two turns, leaving a slight give away when they do so such as the glint of an eye or the glow of an ectoplasmic body. Ghosts wearing this token are also granted an increased ability to trick their opponents. This token is available only during the Halloween sale and may be purchased by trainers up to once.
Obtained - [x]
Attached to Krystal the Sableye

Krystal: Level 4 Female Sableye
"Ah, welcome to my shop! What would you like?"
Krystal the soulsmith. Renowned for her amazing technique, warriors would come from all over in the hopes of a blade custom made by her expert eye. She took payments all kinds of denominations, from gold, to silver, to gemstones, or even rights to your soul. She quite liked that last one, and even offered to forge souls into weapons, for a particularly hefty price. Warriors meeting her in person for the first time where often thrown off by the cheerful worker at seeming odds with her reputation, but were impressed all the same by her craftsmanship. When I heard of her, I was fairly apprehensive, but decided to visit all the same, as I have a strange interest in metalwork. She was fairly surprised when I told her that I hadn't come for a weapon, just to look around. And so I simply camped out around there for a while, watching her work when possible. I asked her a lot off things, not all of them related to her craft. When I asked her about her hungering for souls, she impishly told me that she was 'working on something'. Shrugging, I decided to leave it at that. I was fairly surprised when she approached me and told me that she'd like to go to the customers which couldn't come to her, and that she believed that traveling with me would be a good way to do that. It's not like I had a reason to deny her request, right?
Hidden Power - Steel
Token - Reaper's Token

Signature Move: Aetherbreak (Typeless)
Krystal summons up a glowing orb of energy, like a Water Pulse Orb composed entirely of golden light, before flinging it at her target. The attack deals good damage for good energy, although it damages the target's energy rather than their health. It can be used in either Orb Form or Wave Form, like Water Pulse, with the Wave Form having properties similar to solid water because damn Kush that is a really cool idea.

Nihilia: Level 3 Female Liepard
". . ."
Nihilia has always been a quiet one. She's not really 'cold' in the usual sense of the world... But she certainly doesn't socialize very well. It's almost impossible to discern what she's feeling at any time, which would lead one to think that she's hiding her emotions. However, after spending time with her... I think she simply hasn't learned emotions yet, somehow. While I wish she would get a little more involved in team meetings, I have to admit that her lack of empathy does make her fairly pragmatic when it comes to taking out the opposition.
Hidden Power - Steel

Signature Move: Assassinate (Ice/Fire)
Nihilia starts this move with her claws retracted. If they are not currently retracted, she will retract them as part of the attack. Charging towards the foe, she charges her claws with either Ice (Ordered as Frost Assassination) or Fire (Ordered as Flame Assassination) energy. Just before attacking, she extends her claws and strikes the foe. It's very hard for pokemon to determine the type of this attack, due to the 'glow' of the attack not being visible until the last millisecond. In addition, due to the piercing nature of the attack, a successful hit will either deeply chill the foe ala Icy Wind (For the Ice-type variant) or give them a feeling not unlike heartburn, making it difficult to focus on powerful attacks (For the Fire-type variant) Nihilia can perform this move a maximum of two times a battle, and has gained the ice and fire energy necessary to use either variant twice. This move is identical to Shadow Claw in energy and damage.

Fenrir: Level 4 Male Houndoom
"You thought that hurt? There's a lot more where that came from."
Fenrir is one of the few wild pokemon I've ever encountered who used to have a trainer. Past tense. His original trainer was a real strong guy, big and tough, with a heart to match. Fenrir was his right hand man, and the two formed a potent combo, both on and off the battlefield. Rick, the trainer, wasn't a man lacking in pride, and he dedicated his muscles to many a cause, from building villages to competitive wrestling and mixed martial arts. In fact, he quite climbed the ranks when it came to pitting his strength against others. Fenrir doesn't like to talk about the accident much. Says it makes him queasy. Knowing Fenrir... I'm not sure I want to know. I still remember finding him. He didn't even resist capture, and his eyes were those of a dead man. 'Remake me however you wish. But my name. Let me keep that, at least.' was his only request. It's been quite a while since then, and I've managed to earn the privilege of seeing him grin from time to time. It's never noticeable- It'll just slip onto his face and hesitate there a moment after hearing some snark or another, but it's an improvement, and one I'll happily accept.
Hidden Power - Fighting

Signature Move: Right Straight (Fire)
Fenrir opens his mouth wide, creating a giant fireball by focusing a ridiculous amount of fire energy. The attack takes about a second to create, but remains difficult to avoid due to the sheer size of the attack, being about four feet in diameter. However, the attack's unique trait is not it's size, but rather the fact that the attack is consisted of almost purely 'hard fire', acting much like Psyshock in that it uses Fenrir's special attack but impacts the foe physically, and is solid enough to push the target along with it, with a 200lbs pokemon being pushed about four feet, lighter pokemon being pushed further and heavier pokemon being pushed less. Right Straight deals damage equal to and takes energy equal to Flamethrower.

Damion: Level 5 Male Drapion (Uplevel)
"A man's strength is measured by those he strives to protect, not those he defeats."
A dedicated veteran of many a battle, Damion is the big-hearted leader of the famed warrior's guild. Very few can match him in solo combat, and testing his strength is a point of pride for him.
But who was he before all this?
A young fighter, dedicated to justice. Dedicated, yet naive. Despite his ideals, he didn't even know what he fought for. He didn't truly know what justice was. But, as he grew, his mind changed. No longer was he quite so concerned about some abstract ideal. He fought for his friends, and he counted on them to set him straight when he wandered off the path.
...Maybe he found his 'justice', afterall.
Hidden Power - Fighting

Signature Technique: Master Warrior (Fight)
Damion has learned Iron Defense and Dynamicpunch and has gained the fighting energy to use the latter twice per battle.

Katrina: Level 1 Female Absol
"Killing you seems like effort... Would a knockout do?"
Absol are known for being heralds of disaster, oftentimes blamed for the tragedies they predict. Hilariously, Katrina is an exception to this rule- Nine times out of ten, she's the cause of any nearby disasters. The sole remnant of a future villainous group, she was sent back in time to prevent the hero that caused their downfall from ever blossoming.
...So you'd wonder why I'm sponsoring someone with a motive like that, but the truth is she's ridiculously lax in fulfilling her mission. And so the Absol I just happened to encounter stays on the team, a lazy presence of evil in the otherwise well-intentioned team.

No Sig

Namaeka: Level 1 Female Inkay
"I'm. Um. Right here."
Coming from a species of manipulators and masterminds, Namaeka has a standard 'I just want to be normal' complex. But she was born with an ability above and beyond those standard to her species- The power to escape notice. Somewhere between FE:Awakening's Kellam and Mekakucity's Kido, she continuously slips from people's memories altogether. There's about a billion ways you could use this ability for evil, which frustrates Namaeka to no end. On the one upside, it makes anomynous acts of kindness hilariously easy to pull off. Now if only she could find someone who would remember her.
After forgetting her name(, gender and existance) a dozen times I finally named her Namaeka, which literally means 'Name?'.

No Sig

"Nihilia, lead us off if you would."
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
Sneaze
#SWAG

Bluh.

"Keaira, starting off high in the trees. Give your foe a Mean Look to start and then a Round."

Quote:
Old 05-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Well that's pretty much what I expected.

You're a leopard. Chase him into the trees with Pursuit, then show your tree combat superiority with Play Rough."

Also that Inkay in my squad shooooould be a Malamar and everyone shooooould be TL6 I just stuck in the unaltered stats for whatever reason.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:06 PM   #6
Connor
Who Knows?

A thin fog wraps itself around petrified trees, and a crooked sign swings eerily in the light breeze. The Last Stop. The home of the haunted and tomb of the grave, the sparse lighting only serves to add to the otherworldly feel of the arena, and our referee shudders somewhat as he slowly makes his way towards the edge of the swampland. This was an evil place. Looking out over the barren sight, he sighs to himself, before patiently awaiting the arrival of our two battlers. It does not take long. Our Gym Leader seems to merely materialise from nowhere amidst the grey, blurred edges of the bog, striding confidently forwards. His jacket is emblazoned with the likeness of his badge, and he holds himself with an aura of impatience as he gruffly calls out to his challenger. The young male walks forwards, clearly intimidated by the fearsome presence of the occasion, and he staggers as he trots towards his position, almost falling flat on his face. Steadying himself, he burns crimson with embarrassment, before nodding respectfully towards his opponent. Formal exchanges set aside, he readies his Pokeball, clenched had trembling.

Shouting into the chilling air, our challenger sends his Pokeball forwards, calling out a simple name before the orb splits open. Nihilia. A blurred red curtain of light breaks down around the arena, whirring noises piercing the otherwise silent air. The energy slams into the ground and quickly begins to writhe, accruing mass rapidly. Not long thereafter, an incredibly lithe figure stands before our Gym Leader, her elegance pouring from every orifice of her body. Her feline pride carries her well, and she turns her head towards the opposing trainer, batting her eyelids in a confident show of mockery. Grinding his teeth together, our Gym Leader quickly responds in kind, sending his own Pokeball cleaving through the air. This time the cascading energy reveals two glittering eyes, and Keaira chuckles as she surveys the area from on high, her eyes finally calling upon her quarry. This could prove difficult.

Drawing her body close to the ground, Nihilia studies her opponent in her vantage point amidst the tree tops, her eyes narrowing as her lips are drawn over her fangs, a low hiss reaching towards Keaira. While the Sableye cocks her head inquisitively at the gesture, she quickly registers it as an attempt at intimidation, and breaks into hysterics. Her answer is quick. Concentrating intently, she stares viciously towards Nihilia, and the Liepard takes steps backwards, clearly somewhat unnerved by the sudden change in presence of her opponent. A faint aura of deep blue energy surrounds the gems functioning as Keaira's eyes, and almost immediately, an aura of the same hue surrounds Nihilia. With a startled glance towards her trainer, the Liepard feels her connection with her Pokeball severed, and realises with horror that retreat is no longer a viable option. Mewling into the air, she leaps into the air deftly, her physique belying a defined athleticism. Spinning through the air, she cloaks herself in a fine bubble of the darkest energy, before rocketing through the air towards Keaira. Roaring with a newly found confidence, Nihilia slams into her opponent heavily, startling Keaira and causing her to lose her footing somewhat. The Sableye reacts dextrously, slamming her claws into the branch she was perched on and hauling herself back up. As she does so, she groans as her body is lifted back onto the thick set footing, as Nihilia stands elegantly beside her, a mocking grin set in her face.

Keaira slowly backs away from Nihilia, the Sableye clearly feeling perturbed by her opponent's persistent outlook. Frowning, she leaps between nearby branches, but is unable to shake her arduous pursuer, the feline showing steady balance as she weaves after the fleeing Sableye. Grunting, Keaira instead determines to take a forceful stand, drawing air into her lungs rapidly. As Nihilia leaps over to her current branch, Keaira begins to serenade the Liepard with raucous tones, the inescapable din producing a cacophonous sound. Sound bursts through the air, forming a rainbow of energy which spreads towards Nihilia, the tight conical construct slamming into the feline with vicious force. Grimacing somewhat from the sudden blow, Nihilia suddenly adopts a much more playful demeanour, easily sucking Keaira into her pace. The pairing exchange playful blows, but the swatting quickly from Nihilia quickly becomes much more vicious. Blows rain down on Keaira as she cowers away from her assailant, and pink energy hangs in the air following each swipe. The Sableye rocks from side to side as she is beaten from all angles, before a quick yell disrupts Nihilia. Giggling with flighty tones, she nimbly leaps backwards, putting a respectable distance between the pair. Keaira glares back from her perch near the edge of the thick branch, with Nihilia resting closer the trunk of the ailing tree.

This round saw Nihilia seize the lead, but it is early days yet. Both are fresh and raring to continue.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Aim low with a Night Slash, then simply stay evasive."
Quote:
Old 05-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #8
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Get that thing out of your face. Toss it to the ground with a Seismic Toss and then keep them there with a Gravity."

Quote:
Old 05-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
Connor
Who Knows?

Her movements careful, precise, Nihilia slowly advances on her quarry. The erratic Keaira chuckles wildly as the Liepard gradually approaches her, the caution etched throughout her opponent's body bringing her a specific sense of pleasure. Jerking her body forwards, she feints left and right, trying to keep Nihilia guessing as to where her assault will come from, but the Liepard remains on guard. Matching her movements step for step, the pair dance betwixt the thick branch, knowing the moment one of them laid a single step wrong the opportunity would present itself. Hissing loudly, Nihilia weaves deftly, before diving towards an opening. Yowling into the air, she ignites her right paw with a vicious coating of seething energy, before delivering a brutal skywards slash to Keaira. Knocked backwards somewhat, the Sableye fakes losing her footing ... before a telling grin slinks onto her face. Diving forwards with an impressive agility, she grabs the front most limbs of Nihilia, ignoring the wild screeching from the Liepard. Planting her feet firmly, she rotates her hips, before flinging the lithe feline over her head. Roaring with triumph, Keaira sends Nihilia tumbling to the ground, cackling wildly as the Liepard crashes into the ground sickeningly, the old saying being forcibly excepted. As Nihilia desperately tries to claw her way back up to her quarry, Keaira shakes her head purposefully, before opening her arms wide. Grin malicious, she channels Psychic- type energy into the air, and the gravitational forces of the vicinity suddenly spike, sending Nihilia crashing back down to the ground, where she hides her pained expression.

Keaira lessened the lead of Nihilia this round, but failed to wipe it out completely. The Sableye remains good for two, while Nihilia is refreshed following her breather.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #10
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

So I know that this is punishment for bringing all darks but I'm contractually obligated to bump.
Quote:
Old 07-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Play safe and stay in the cover of your tree branches while you loose a Round and follow up with an Icy Wind."

Quote:
Old 07-20-2014, 01:53 AM   #12
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"If I can't stay up there, neither can you!

Knock her off her perch with Grass Knot. If she's on the ground, then let's borrow sneezey's own tactics and evade Icy Wind with Thief. Or simply push right through the wind with Dark Pulse if she's still treeborne."
Quote:
Old 07-20-2014, 06:12 AM   #13
Connor
Who Knows?

Staying amidst her foothold in the trees, Keaira looks down on the stranded Liepard who had battled her. Chuckling somewhat despite her wounds, the Sableye inhales sharply, before regaling Nihilia a rowdy tune. The discordant sound quickly carries towards the Liepard, who flinches away even as a a wide berthed cone of energy crashes over her body, fur standing on end in response to the pain. Grumbling she makes to counter with her own attack ... before stopping abruptly. A frustrated yowl rises from her, wondering why her trainer ordered in such a manner which seems impossible. How would the grass grow tall enough to strike Keaira from her perch, or with enough force?

Choosing instead to conserve energy, Nihilia begins to match Keaira's pace as the smaller Sableye begins to weave through the trees, a brief glint and a rustle of branches allowing her to trail the Ghost- type with near impunity. Becoming agitated, Keaira sticks her head from her cover, allowing a fine blue mist to descend towards Nihilia. Hissing with triumph, the Liepard allows her maw to become consumed by a writhing black cloak, and just as she is about to be engulfed by the incoming mist, she sends the energy pulsing forwards. Startled, Keaira grunts as the attack strikes her chest, her anger being only intensified as the chilling wind is parted by the blast, leaving Nihilia to take a fairly reduced hit.

Keaira managed to narrow the gap a little this round, but not by much. She's well on her way to the midpoint though, despite remaining good for two following a conservative round. Nihilia remains fresh.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #14
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Grass Knot (GR) EUsing decent energy, the user pumps grass energy into the ground in order to make grass grow around the opponent's feet, causing them to trip and fall. Heavier Pokémon will take more damage from the fall. This move can only be used where grass or other similar plants are growing (for example, the move cannot be used on solid concrete).
So I assumed this meant I could use the tree foliage. Y/N?
Quote:
Old 07-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #15
Sneaze
#SWAG

They're long since petrified so if you managed that it'd be a miracle.

Quote:
Old 07-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #16
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Disregard, we've confirmed I'm a baka. I guess a second breather is a boon enough.

"Spite her hers cold heart, then bark out a Snarl!"
Quote:
Old 08-06-2014, 06:53 AM   #17
Connor
Who Knows?

Bump for Sneazebag.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #18
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Just give her a Dazzling Gleam to think on."

Quote:
Old 08-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #19
Connor
Who Knows?

Nihilia crouches low to the ground, the intensified gravity clearly troubling her somewhat. Her thin, lithe tail cracks through the air as she begins to pace beneath the tree Keaira finds herself holed in, the determined expression lingering in the movements of the Liepard clearly posing a distinct threat to the holed up Sableye. Hissing loudly, Nihilia allows her features to begin pulsing with a faint blue energy, and Keaira abruptly gasps with shock, her muscles feeling laden as energy is ripped from her body. Doubling over as she pants for breath, the Sableye looks down, and Nihilia looks back up at her with a smug expression etched onto her face.

Hissing down on her foe, Keaira allows her eyes to begin brimming with shining pink energies. Slowly waving her hands before her, she allows the energy to flow into a single focal point, rapidly creating a globular sphere before her clawed hands. With a wide grin spreading across her face, she slams her hands into the sphere, which sails rapidly towards Nihilia. The nimble and fresh Liepard manages to sidestep a good amount of the attack, though her flank is still dangerously grazed, causing her to mewl loudly in pain. Rounding on Keaira, Nihilia allows her maw to flood with blackened energies, a sharp bark into the air sending fervent sound waves thrusting forwards, crashing headlong over the body of the Sableye.

Both Pokemon are neck a neck now, with Nihilia good for two. The energy drain sees Keaira fresh out of Ice- type energy and looking pretty tired, robbed of her breather.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:26 PM   #20
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Three-Week Bump!
Quote:
Old 09-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #21
Sneaze
#SWAG

So I officially can't remember what my plan here was, so...

"Just stay behind branches for safety and pop your head out momentarily for a Round."

Quote:
Old 10-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #22
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Stalling? Fine with me.

Use his tiredness against him and prep a Snarl, launching it as soon as he shows his face."
Quote:
Old 10-09-2014, 05:58 AM   #23
Connor
Who Knows?

Standing behind her tree, breathing laboured and ragged, Keaira slowly psyches herself up. With a final, affirmative nod, she begins to allow a rousing crescendo to build within her body, before thrusting her head out from her hiding place. As she does, the air is filled with a yowling roar, and Keaira's own attack seems staggered by the sudden blaring sound, the cone faltering as it rushes through the air. As Keaira watches on, thick waves of blackened energy crash into her own body, and she barely pulls away in time to avoid a full hit.

Near equal damage traded here, and neither were afforded great breathers, a little less tired than they were.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:57 AM   #24
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Okay now this is getting old.

Taunt, QC Hyper Beam if and when she shows her face."
Quote:
Old 11-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #25
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Pop another Dazzling Gleam and follow up with a Signal Beam after her beam. Try to stay in cover as best you can."

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles