UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 04-20-2014, 01:12 AM   #1
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
UPN PASBL: Copygoo versus Ex-ad in the biggest clusterfuck ever

The thread title says it all. Two semi-decent battlers who have nothing to lose? A ref who is prone to disappearing and has a habit of reffing things completely wrong? An arena so nuts it competes with Crackosseum for craziest arena? Okay that last one isn't really true, nothing competes with the Crackosseum.

Quote:
3 v 3
Singles
Equiall
Slapstick
72 HR Strict DQ
Switch = KO
Arena: Zero Gravity Arena with Boulders

Zero-Gravity chamber (Indoor. Advanced Arena for Indoor Battles): If you've ever read Ender's Game, then you'll probably have a good idea of what this arena looks like. It's a large transparent sphere floating in space (or a recreation, like X-Rok's Bolse Defense Satellite arena), with a diameter of the length of a football field (so in other words, about a few hundred feet/hundred meters). There is no gravity in the arena, so Newton's Third Law ("For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction") becomes very obvious over the course of the battle. Moving throughout the arena without gravity will make it slow going for most Pokémon, since moving for most will consist of flailing their limbs. To add to the fun, at the ref's discretion, there may be a number of Snorlax-sized asteroids in the arena, which Pokémon can use for defense or propulsion.
Special Rules: Zero gravity, Artificial Lighting
Optional Special Rules: Boulders (aka meteors)
I guess the one thing we can all take solace in is that this is a 3 on 3. Copygoooooooooooo squad up kadet!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Sheldon: Male Level 3 Banette
Hidden Power: Ice

Allie: Female Level 2 Klang
Hidden Power: Ground

Tjeka: Female Level 2 Beedrill
Tjeka is really intense. She doesn't show weakness except on Wednesdays, when she loosens up and will only play video games and watch anime all day. Otherwise, though, she's a cold and hardened killer.
Hidden Power: Fighting
Signature Ability: A Cold and Hardened Killer (XX)
Tjeka enters battle with a Swords Dance boost in effect. She loses the actual use of Swords Dance, as well as Double-Edge and Skull Bash.

Wilma: Level 2 Female Floette

Rallentando: Level 2 Male Frogadier

Anna: Level 2 Female Mienfoo
Hidden Power: Ghost

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Testing out Psychies. Also, Blaze your my hero for picking this up. Thank you for taking up this clusterfuck of a match. (No nicknames, sigs, hidden powers, items or such gimmicks for now, so let's get straight to it)

Level 3 Male Kadabra (uplevel)
Level 2 Female Drowzee
Level 2 Male Ralts
Level 2 Female Meditite
Level 2 Male Elgyem
Level 2 Female Drifloon

As shocking as it may be, I'll start with my uplevel Kadabra.

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Sheldon! Fight!

Blow him away with an Ominous Wind and then lose a Dark Pulse.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #5
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Uhm, Bide?

ASB Profile
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Old 04-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #6
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

HA!

Shit, yo.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #7
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Round 1: The Crushing of your Hopes and Dreams!

So, funnily enough the round title to the Mercutio vs Firewater fits for this round as well, as a certain GT might have his hopes and dreams ripped away from him in glorious combat! Might. I'm not sure yet cause omg what is this arena? Each trainer immediately picks up a Pokeball, before throwing it into the arena...I guess? Maybe the trainers are immune to all this no gravity sillyness. The Pokeballs release their payloads before suddenly disappearing, leaving us with a Banette named Sheldon and a Kadabra named...well nothing it seems. This looks to be pretty one sided, and no that's not just my internal Ghost bias kicking in.

Sheldon starts off the round by taking a big...huh...umm...breath? in, because if there wasn't air in here then both of the Pokemon...well okay one of them anyways, would die a horrible screaming death. Which would not be fun but would make the next few rounds incredibly easy. So, Sheldon creates a small ball of ghostly energy before releasing it as a wind that quickly moves towards his opponent. But, his opponent has a plan you see. A really, really devilish plan that could threaten society and civilization as a whole! Maybe. Suddenly a red aura surrounds Kadabra as the attack hits him, giving an odd purplish hue to it as Kadabra remains motionless in the air, as normally that attack probably would have pushed him back a bit but the inertia from the protective layer of the bide kept him safe from that. Sheldon looks for any sign of a boost from that attack, but sadly, none ever comes from it. Kadabra isn't showing any signs of attacking either, well, he really can't with that red barrier around him anyways.

Sheldon then goes into his next attack, not really caring about the red glow as all it seems to be doing at the moment is keeping his opponent from attacking, something that is perfectly okay with him. He creates a black sphere between his hands, which then shoots out in a pulse of black spiral things that zooms towards Kadabra, pushing Sheldon back a little bit but not too much given his ethereal-ness, and ethereal Pokemon aren't affected by gravity! Of course they aren't! Anyways, the beam or pulse depending on how you want to say it slams into the red aura, and all of a sudden a change happens that is both mystifying and terrifying and beautiful at the same time. The aura suddenly turns a dark purple color, you know, that purple that looks incredibly sexy. Or maybe that's just me? I dunno, but the aura then condenses rapidly before shooting out as a massive beam, causing Kadabra to be pushed back quite a bit from the force of the beam. Sheldon can only look in shock and horror as the beam just completely smashes him, and even though he managed to turn physical in time the attack still just knocks him on his ass. He flies back quite a bit from the knock back of the attack, and looks like he just got smashed by a train. In flames! Choo choo motherfucker. Choo choo.

Condition:
It was a round of damage folks, and Kadabra in a shocker has a huge lead over his opponent. Kadabra however is almost out of his first third, while Sheldon dangles over his final third. Energy use was alright from Sheldon and massive fomr Kadabra, he'll need a break to recuperate. Dark energy is at half for Sheldon.

Sheldon and Kadabra are pretty far apart now, just teetering on the edge of long-range because of the amazing distance created by the attack.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a force of a Psychic Wave to push it back as well as any small rocks that may be in front. Then just swim(?) to a place where large boulders may block the view between you two and relax.
(Did this make any sense?)

ASB Profile
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Old 04-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #9
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Pursuit and Spite.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:52 AM   #10
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Round 2: More crushing!

This is going to be a rather uneventful round folks, but what can you blame our two battlers given the rape tactics events of the round before. Kadabra concentrates his psychic energies inside of his body, building them together and concentrating on making them into a psychic blast. Due to his tiredness, this attack takes a lot more time to charge, giving Sheldon a nice little breather in the mean time to recover from the powerful blow from last round. Finally, after a good charge time, Kadabra opens his eyes, revealing them to be a bright blue color as suddenly the air in front of him warps and shoots forward in a large blast of psychic power. The blast shoots across the arena towards Sheldon, who doesn't even seem concerned about the attack coming towards him. He just gives a small smile as the wave approaches him before covering himself in dark energy and causing the death of the universe as we know it! Well okay maybe he's not causing that but he definitely is going to cause his opponent to become mighty disappointed that his move is going to fail so spectacularly. Banette and the blast of psychic energy collide, and its clear to see who was victorious in that endeavor. The blast of energy hits the dark energy and completely dissipates in a spectacular show of flavor while Banette continues his course to Kadabra, completely unharmed. Kadabra freaks out for a minute as he sees his foe coming towards him and tries to get out of the collision trajectory, but the dark energy around Sheldon keeps correcting his course and with Kadabra really not getting too far in this arena Sheldon easily slams into him, dealing a rather nice hit and causing the distance gap between the two to shorten immensely. Then, Sheldon acts to make sure that his opponent really won't get a break at all this round, by sinisterly placing a curse on him. Kadabra takes a sharp breath in before suddenly feeling waves of tiredness come over and take away any vitality that he had gained this round away. Too bad, so sad.

Condition:
Sheldon took no damage this round, which is good since he took rape-tastic damage before. Energy use was alright, he's still good for two.

Kadabra took another hit, now out of his first third, but his energy situation continues to worsen. He took another plunge, and he still feels worn out thanks to the Spite.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #11
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Shadow Ball and Confuse Ray.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #12
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Try to distance yourself while using Kinesis to turn that Shadow Ball back at him. Then just close your eyes for the blinding light.

ASB Profile
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Old 04-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #13
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Round 3: Crush on through, to the other side.

Shledon starts off the round by cackling evilly to himself, knowing that in the close quarters that they are in he can easily get a hit in with his own attacks. He concentrates his ghostly energies in between his hands, ghostly winds coming together to create a rather large orb of energy. At one point in time I might have said it was an unstable orb and shook and quaked, but now its pretty stable and not as likely to explode to everything under the sun. Including nuking the sun. Anyways, Kadabra is ridiculously tired so he can't even think about redirecting the attack with his own energy, and so when the ball of energy reaches maximum power at the ideal density, the ball fires from Sheldon and slams into Kadabra, causing the ball of energy to explode mildly. Sheldon grimaces as he takes a little bit of damage from the winds, but its Kadabra who took a massive smacking. Groaning loudly, he flies backwards from the force of the attack, putting some nice distance between the two, and he looks to be pretty battered at this point. Sheldon continues by trying to confuse his opponent, his eyes turning a light blue color before a ray of light shoots out of them, zooming towards Kadabra. Kadabra is prepared for this however, and closes his eyes, the ray washing right over it and doing nothing to him, Sheldon grumpily accepting that.

Condition:
Sheldon took no damage this round, continuing a nice streak so far. Energy use was a lot, so he's feeling the wear now.

Kadabra continues to get pounded attack after attack. He's coming closer to his final third, but still has a bit of a buffer over it. He got a very nice break this round so he should be better next round, maybe a little slower on the upkeep.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:08 AM   #14
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

That moment you would have reffed it the exact same way and yet you still thought it was a clever order -_-

I gots nothing better than this.
Shadow Ball followed by Dark Pulse

ASB Profile
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Old 05-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #15
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Dodge Shadow Ball with a Phantom Force. When you strike him, try to put a little force behind it and push him away from you. Then float backwards, countering the pulse with a Dazzling Gleam.

Last edited by Copygoo; 05-01-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #16
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Round 4: The Crushing Menace

With both battlers feeling the pain as the match-up goes on, this one could really go down to the wire. Especially after this round. Though I'm obliged to make you wait until it actually happens in order to tell you any specifics. You know, cause that it exactly the way it works and all. Anyways, with Kadabra feeling fresher than his opponent, he is easily able to get the jump on him. Putting his hands together, he solemnly thinks to himself on how to concentrate his darker side into an energy form, before suddenly ghostly winds appears around him and quicklly move to a point, where they begin to condense together into an orb of energy that begins to grow rapidly. His opponent, Sheldon sees the attack but the strain of the last few round has caught up to him and he manages to just turn invisible before the orb is completely ready, and Kadabra throws it towards where he last saw Sheldon. Sheldon barely had any time to react to the attack and gets slammed, hard, throwing him backwards a ways and popping him out of invisibility while he groans in pain from the attack. Man did that hurt. But Sheldon is able to recover from the attack and looks at his opponent with a wary eye. Indeed, Sheldon begins to put some distance between them while Kadabra continues meditating on his dark energy, and suddenly several rings of dark energy form between his hands, spinning around rapidly while they to being to condense into a powerful looking orb that seems like it really could inflict some rather stupendous damage. Or something along those lines, I'm really not sure. I might have eaten too much sugar in the meantime anyways. Anyways, at about the same time as that Sheldon begins to gather some of his energy inside of him, and he begins to glow a bright pink color as Fairy energy pours into him and a bright ball of energy forms in his hands. Both attacks fire off at the same time, a weird pulsing beam from Kadabra and a bright flash of energy from Sheldon. They collide mid-air and the energy from both of them explodes, pushing both battlers back a ways while causing some nice damage to both of them.

Condition:
Sheldon is pretty much down for the count at this point, with most attacks being able knock him out at this point. Energy use was small though Fairy took a hit.

Kadabra didn't come off unscathed this round either, now into his final third but a good ways away from critical. Energy use was high this round but he is still good for two.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #17
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Phantom Force and Shadow Ball.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #18
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Psybeam left to right. Push it away with a Psychic (wave) if need be afterwards.

ASB Profile
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Old 05-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #19
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Round 5: CLUSTERFLUCK!

So the round starts off by Sheldon turning invisible, looking to get some deception on his foe and strike for some big damage. Kadabra isn't terribly fazed by this development, however, and concentrates his own psychic energy locked in his body in order to attack. Then, a beam of energy shoots out from his head, but instead of going straight forwards, Kadabra uses his psychic abilities to swing the beam around in front of him, moving across the entire spectrum of his vision. Sheldon groans as he takes a hit, but its actually nothing much at all and Kadabra didn't really notice him that well from the attack since it was moving pretty fast and really doesn't give a good sign of where he is. Sheldon appears behind the Kadabra and rams into him, causing him to screech out in pain as the ghostly energy fills his body, causing him to be pushed away a bit by the attack. He looks to be pretty battered up, but this isn't stopping him just yet. She releases a psychic wave and yeah I'm getting a little bored of reffing this move. Short reffing is short, but it definitely gets to the point.

Sheldon is unable to battle!

Condition:
Kadabra didn't go unscathed, he is just into critical and will be a bit sluggish next round as well.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #20
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Tjeka, up close! X-Scissor x2!

Old 05-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #21
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Alright Kadabra, you're in critical ranges and sluggish and your opponent is about to be released close to you. Essentially you're a sitting duck so good luck to you.

Let's see what your alpha waves are capable of in terms of mental discomfort. Quickly Flash while moving to your left. Then let's pray to Arceus you can push him away with a Psychic after that.

ASB Profile
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-25-2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Arceus, not god
Old 05-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #22
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Round 6: FLASH

Kadabra is unable to battle!

Condition:
Tjeka used some energy, still fresh.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:52 AM   #23
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

You're up Meditite! On the asteroid a distance away.

Keep him at a distance with a Psyshock and MC Hyper Beam. Replace latter for Fire Punch if he managed to get up close.

ASB Profile
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Old 06-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #24
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Protect as you glide to the opposite side of the asteroid as him. Give it a Rock Smash to send him + it flying.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #25
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Round 7: Sitting duck

After watching his Kadabra fall to the mighty Beedrill, to of which I might add there really is not escape from, Ex-ad recalls his fallen Psychic and takes out a Pokeball, ready for the next match-up. Throwing it into the arena, it releases a Meditite, without a nickname. This should, again, be a pretty one-sided match-up, but honestly considering the last match-up you really never know. Starting off the match, the Meditite concentrates his psychic energy together in order to perform a very type-spammy attack. Tjeka sees the attack coming and prepares himself for a beating. His psychic energies reaching a crescendo, he shoots out a bright pink wave of energy that rushes towards Tjeka, threatening him with the onslaught of a ton of typespam headed his way. However, Tjeka has a nice little defensive maneuver to play with. Crossing his arms together, a bright green bubble of energy surrounds him, and the psychic wave crashes into the bubble of energy, causing some energy sparks to shoot out as the two attack clash together. The wave of energy pushes against the bubble, but the bubble holds strong and soon the wave disappears, not having the energy needed to break through the shield. Tjeka is unharmed, though he didn't really move much since you can't move while using Protect.

Seeing as how his original attack failed, Meditite is really looking to inflict some kind of damage to his opponent. Charging up his energy into a yellow ball in front of him, he let's it get to a significant size before firing it off, not bother to charge it all the way since he doesn't really need to. The beam of energy easily close the gap between them and smashes into Tjeka, causing it to hiss in pain as it blown back quite a bit, enough so it makes a difference in the distance between them. Tjeka recovers from the blow and flies towards Meditite, albeit a little slower since its not used to the zero Gs yet, and he swings his stinger at him, smashing Meditite like a rock and causing him to fly backwards a bit, but it doesn't do much damage.

Condition:
Both battlers took damage, though it wasn't much on either side. Energy use was alright from both side, both are fresh.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL