UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 04-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #26
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
"Rock Climb to avoid the Pledge before going straight into a Magnet Rise to stay above the wave. End with a Mid-Charge Focus Blast."

Three.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #27
Connor
Who Knows?

Bane is recalled to his Pokeball, Red Panda wearing a wide grin in light of the Skuntank's achievements. Gripping his next orb tightly, he throws it over the river, and with a fleeting rush of red energy, an Empoleon drifts lazily in the open waters. Eying his new foe, Frigidus immediately becomes interested, recognising an opportunity to prove himself against a disadvantage. Roaring into the open air, he quickly moves about his orders. Opening his beam, he produces three small spheres of pure Water- type energy, each of them radiating a deep blue light as they revolve around one another. With a defiant cry, Frigidus sends them streaming towards Kirill, but the Excadrill is prepared. Jumping slightly, he slams his feet into the floor, ripping free chunks of the earth beneath him and creating a mighty pillar before himself. Slamming his sizable claws into the rock construct before him, he quickly scales it, leaping into the air just as the three orbs of energy explode beneath his position, the plume of water energy not nearly tall enough to catch the Excadrill. Grunting, Frigidus once again forms a sphere of Water- type energy before his beak, but this one pulsates with a strange energy as it revolves rapidly, and Frigidus angles it towards the banks of the river as opposed to aiming directly for Kirill. As it strikes the ground, the sphere ruptures, sending a wave churning across the ground. Kirill would have normally been stricken down quite painfully by the oncoming wave, but he remains suspended in the air, having expended Electric- type energy to increase the magnetic field surrounding his body. Grinning to himself, Kirill slowly forms a sphere of deep blue, Fighting type energy between his hands. Before the sphere can reach it's fullest potential, Kirill hurls it towards Frigudis, catching the Empoleon by surprise. The orb explodes over his body, but the prideful Pokemon refuses to show his pain, simply dipping under the water to mask his discomfort, before surfacing once again with venom in his eyes.

Frigidus took a huge hit right off the bat, but he remains fresh. Kirill remained untouched this round, but he's panting pretty heavily after a strenuous three mover, he wouldn't mind a break.

Sneezey12 has used one of his two three movers.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #28
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Arc around any attacks as you approach for a Drill Run. Dig out of the way of anything supereffective afterwards.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #29
Red Panda
donk

Ride a Surf over them as they draw close to pull them into the drink. If that worked, Whirlpool. If it didn't, SuperSonic.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #30
Connor
Who Knows?

Spoiler: show
Incoming complaints. I feel it in my bones.

Kirill floats on shore, the Excadrill clearly wondering why his trainer wants him to move out into open water with his attack. Panting, he begins to awkwardly move in a wide arc, his eyes never once leaving Frigidus, who remains bobbing in the water. Just before he enacts his Drill Run, his face drops into an expression of sheer horror. Frigidus, with his wings raised high into the air, rides a huge wave, bearing down quickly on the unsuspecting mole. Kirill makes to flail back the way he came, but the Excadrill is nowhere near quick enough for the surprising speed of the wave. Engulfed by the churning waters, he cries out in agony as his body becomes soaked head to toe, the force of the wave seizing complete control of his body's motions. Flung left and right, the Exadrill struggles to right himself in mid air, his disorientation apparent. Meanwhile, Frigidus has landed a mere few feet away. Just as Kirill manages to right himself, the Excadrill moves to pull his arms together, but Frigidus reacts a fraction of a second quicker. Opening his beak wide, he emits a shrieking noise, the sound waves washing over Kirill and addling his mind, quickly rendering his motions obsolete.

Frigidus is now the one panting a fair bit, but he managed to eradicate Kirill's health lead this round. Kirill is confused and refreshed.

Last edited by Connor; 04-21-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #31
Sneaze
#SWAG

Right, so. That's not how Surf works. It's not the in and out of a wave from the ocean. It's a single rush of water that spreads out ahead. There's no real reason it should have any sort of pull to allow it to push back into the water, let alone carry an Empoleon all the way back. From what I can tell, Kirill hadn't started his Drill Run, meaning he should be perfectly capable of using it after the Surf, and since Empoleon was ordered to ride the Surf OVER Kirill, he should in no way have to worry about landing in the water as Empoleon would have to pass Kirill to get back to the river. If Kirill WAS using his Drill Run, he's currently floating and should have no real problem either hitting the Empoleon at the top of the wave and causing the wave to miss, or simply plowing straight through the wave due to momentum.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #32
Connor
Who Knows?

Match dropped. Next referee can deal with Sneaze trying to force feed the refereeing to the referee.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #33
Red Panda
donk

EDIT: Never mind Connor posted it there for us.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #34
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
oh wtf did i get into

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #35
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Right, so, you are both terrible people. Anyways.

One could very well argue that nothing would happen here because both of your attacks have a silly condition. But, that a poor argument. In a perfectly normal fashion, Drill Run goes first. Now, attacks do not give floaty magic powers. I've asked if stuff like Aerial Ace would give a pseudo-flying ability. It does not. And Drill Run is not Aerial Ace. There is no reason why Excadrill should be terribly high at all. In addition, I don't see how it could realistically change it course to go up at a sharp angle. Remember that thing about magic floaty powers? Yeah that. It's more than likely he would burst through the wave taking reduced damage. Even if he hit Empoleon, he isn't going to cause the wave to miss. Otherwise not riding the wave is pointless. Cause if you argue that him not being on top of the wave would make it break up there wouldn't be a "no ride" version. But alright, now that is out of the way.

Oh wait this whole argument is asinine anyways cause he is tired. He wouldn't be able to go up anyways. Re-referring to come in a minute, as long as no other complaints come up.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #36
Sneaze
#SWAG

For the record, the entire argument was because Surf doesn't work like the push and pull of ocean waves. That's literally the entire thing. Also, Empoleon WAS ordered to be on top of the wave.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #37
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

I didn't bring that up because I agreed with that.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #38
Red Panda
donk

>I'm a terrible person

'>_>

I haven't said a word.

As for whether or not I end up back in the water, or whether or not Excadrill is in the water, I really don't care that much. He's going to be confused if he's not in the water, and that's good enough for me.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #39
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Round Fuck this: The Rerefening

So our resident penguin and most pimping Pokemon ever (though Honchkrow begs to differ), who apparently goes by the name of Frigidus and possibly might have something to do with a refridgerator, begins the round by creating a massive wave of water that quickly rises above the arena with him riding the top like a swag motherfucker. About the same time, Kirill begins to spin like a drill and propel forwards, trying to gain some altitude so that he can hit his moving foe. Key word being the moving there, as Frigidus is moving too fast for the tired Kirill to keep up and he ends up crashing into the wave headfirst. The wave threatens to blast him away, but he ends up pushing right through it and falling into the water, while Frigidus ends up on the beach/riverbank. I forget exactly which one it is. MAGNET RISEEEE AHHHH. WHIRLPOOL AHHH

Condition:
Kirill lost all of lead this round, just about where Frigidus is. Energy use was mild.

Empoleon took no damage, but used a shitton of energy. He will be tired next round.

Quote:

Last edited by Emi; 04-30-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #40
Sneaze
#SWAG

Could you please be about 100x clearer what is going on with Whirlpool? This a complicated round and I would prefer if you didn't resort to AAAAAAAAAAAHHH! style reffing.

Quote:
Old 04-30-2014, 05:14 PM   #41
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

You are in the air, trapped in a magic whirlpool.

This round is the devil.

Quote:
Old 04-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #42
Sneaze
#SWAG

...o...kay then.

Quote:
Old 04-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #43
Red Panda
donk

<3

Orders when in a few
Old 05-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #44
Red Panda
donk

Dive back underwater, not touching the bottom. Aqua Jet out of the way of anything supereffective, staying underwater as you do so.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #45
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Rapid Spin out of the whirlpool. Keep the spinning going as you plop into the water upstream forcing him to fight the current to avoid you as you Drill Run, making sure to get back out of the water when you're done.

Quote:
Old 05-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #46
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Round: Rapid Spin, it just never works!

So the thread title aside I've been given explicit instruction by Dave to have Rapid Spin not work here. Unfortunately, he didn't pay me so he can kiss it. Anyways, with Frigidus pretty tired out from his last round, Kirill has more than enough time to do his own little spinny action. He begins to spin in the other direction of the whirlpool really fast, apparently trying to get some sort of counter-momentum going so he can escape its powerful grip. In a sudden blast of water, Kirill pops out of the whirlpool and falls to the ground...or he normally would except that he is still under the effects of Magnet Rise so he levitates over the water a couple of feet. Cause that makes total sense and not that he would be levitating in water...yeah no let's not go that route. Anyways, seeing as he should probably get back into the water, Frigidus makes a pathway to the water, jumping off the shore and diving back into the water, making sure to never touch the river bed must the hurt the patient in Operation. I have no idea where that came from. *spins* Anyways, Rapid Spin fails! *spins*

Then, with him being upstream and all in a spectacular situations of circumstance, Kirill dives into the water while spinning like a top. Or, should we rather say like a drill? *spins* Anyways, despite Excadrill not being at all what I could consider a natural swimmer, the momentum in the attack combined with the fact that he actually is going with the current means that he is easily able to slice through the water and quickly comes barreling close to Frigidus. Unfortunately for the penguin he is too tired to try and dodge that going upstream, and so he takes a mighty big blow from the drill run as the drill bares into his thick metallic skin, causing the penguin to grunt and cry out in pain as the attack relentlessly bores into him. Kirill then takes a nose out of the water, and quickly makes it back to land. Seems he is safe over there for now.

Condition:
Frigidus took a rather large shot this round, now Kirill is the one with the lead in this match-up. Energy wise Frigidus enjoyed the break and Kirill used some energy.

Quote:
Old 05-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #47
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Earth Power to force him away from the bottom of the river. If he comes up higher, quick charge Focus Blast. If not, mid charge Hyper Beam."

Quote:
Old 05-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #48
Red Panda
donk

*goes to order Brine*
*dropped it in sig*

Damn.

Anyways,

Surf, rising slightly out of the water but not riding it. Then quickly drop to the bottom of the river and Rock Tomb them in place.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #49
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Twas a stormy summer's day...nah that really won't work for the situation at hand would it? *the click of a typewriter can be heard, before a page is ripped out* Twas a bright and sunny summer's day when this momentous battle occurred, the battle between a fierce Excadrill and a proud Empoleon, the names of which I can never seem to remember, not that they are terribly important anyways to the story that needs to be told. The two Pokemon were a fair distance away from each other, one in the river and the other on the riverbank, both having exchanged a fair few blows to each other and the mole looking thing seemingly with the lead. But as this ref well knows from his own battles things can change in an instant, and they often will. The mole begins the fight by charging up his hands with energy, this brownish energy seemingly belonging to the Ground family of energy, which means he is going for the super-effective attacks. The Excadrill slams his hands into the ground with a loud thump as they dig slightly into the riverbank, his energy flowing into the ground and moving swiftly through the earth towards the Empoleon. He doesn't have much time to react, and so the energy moves under him and shoots up in a small geyser, causing the metallic penguin to freak out as the energy rushes into his body. He cries out in pain as the attack hits him and rattles his body, leaving him a lot worse for wear while the Excadrill just grins maliciously. But, the Empoleon has a plan to punish him opponent. He gather his energy together as well and creates a wave of water that quickly rushes over the riverbank and slams into Kirill, doing a lot of damage to him and causing him to also cry out in pain, though I'm not sure how much of it is just moles not liking to get wet. Actually, Dave says real life moles are good swimmers, so I guess the jury is still out on that one. The water recedes back in and Frigidus is a little bit higher in the water than before, which is enough of a signal to the Excadrill that his foe has risen. He charges up a ball of energy in between his claws, this ball charging up a lot quicker than other versions and he throws it into the water, crashing through the surface with a majestic splash. The Empoleon sees the attack incoming but really can't do much to avoid it and takes the hit to the wing, causing a groan to come out from him and for him to drop a little bit in the water. He then plummets to the bottom and smashes against the ground, causing rocks to come up and surrounds Kirill.

Condition:
Empoleon took quite the massive hit, now a little over the final third. Energy use was fine, still good for two.

Kirill took a large hit, but still has a healthy lead. Energy use wasn't too bad, though he is feeling a little worn out. Trapped in a tomb.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #50
Red Panda
donk

How was I not able to react in time? I'm coming off a break and he isn't, and both attacks are the same energy level.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL