Omanyte UPN PASBL: Red Panda vs. Sneezey12

Quote:
Red Panda (c) VS Sneezey (a)
6v6 (all or nothing) Singles
Equiall 5
Switch=KO
72 Hr DQ
Slapstick
River (Outdoor. Advanced Water Arena): An advanced level arena, not recommended for novice referees or trainers. A wide river, with the Pokémon battling in, above and on the banks of it. Pokémon which cannot swim or fly will be at a disadvantage. The river flows fast, and Pokémon will have to be careful not to get swept away.
Special Rule: Terrain Edge (Forest)
Come on then, you two know the drill. Let's get this party started.

Last edited by Connor; 06-29-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
Red Panda
donk

Connor bby<3

This is my first match above a 4v4. I'll do what I can to not waste your time here. And don't bother with the warning, I have a pillow right here.

Frigidus Level 6 Male Empoleon *Uplevel*
Special Attack: Deflector Shield
When ordered Deflector Shield, Frigidus coats his right wing with a metal as if he were using steel wing(even though he can't learn it). He swats aside the next attack at him, though it has different properties with different attacks. If it is a solid attack like stone edge, but not direct contact, he simply swats the attack aside, taking half damage. If it is a beam like energy attack, he swats it back at the user, the rebounded version dealing half damage. He takes half damage from this too. If it is direct contact, Frigidus swats the opponent aside, redirecting their route, possibly causing them to crash and take damage. He takes half damage from this as well. Frigidus can use this 3 times in one battle, but never twice on one opponent. This takes a heavy amount of energy. Frigidus loses access to Metal Claw, Brine, Aqua Ring, Yawn and Brick Break.
Hidden Power: Flying

Lutra Level 5 Male Samurott
Lutra is relentless when it comes to training, and it definitely shows for it. All of his hours increasing his skill has unlocked a new ability inside of him, putting him ahead of other Oshawotts and water types everywhere. With this new ability Lutra has soared to new heights.
Special Training: Empathic Bond
Oshawott's constant training with his scalchops has developed a deep empathic bond with them. This gives him a pseudo-Psychic control over them, making them easily able to fly back to his hands if dropped or thrown, without costing a move. It also allows him to throw them for moves like Razor Shell, Cut, Night Slash, X-Scissor for an extra minor amount of general energy cost for no decrease in power, giving them a much greater range. As it is an empathic bond, he can also throw the scalchops for use of Facade, Return, and Frustration, imbuing them with the force of his emotions. His Cut attack is now considered to be Fighting-typed, from all his meditative training, and he has the type energy for two uses of it. However, this training with his scalchops has led to gaps in his training otherwise, losing access to Ice Beam, Scald, Protect, and Iron Tail.
Hidden Power: Fighting

Aranea Level 5 Female Galvantula
Aranea means "Little Spider". While this is true about my Joltik, it isn't true in regards to battle skills or determination. Aranea, being the smallest pokemon know to mankind, is the definition of the saying "big things come in small packages". The little spider, however, occasionally still needs an extra boost. She developed a new technique to keep herself ahead of the game.
Special Training: IronWeb
Aranea's "web" attacks(String Shot, SpiderWeb, ElectroWeb) are now significantly stronger and larger. The attacks also deals slightly more Electric damage each round(Minor->Light). They now take 1.25x energy to use.
Hidden Power: Water

Kula Level 5 Female Beartic
Hidden Power: Fairy

Bane Level 5 Male Skuntank
Hidden Power: Ice

Silvia Level 5 Female Sceptile
Silvia was the guardian of the forest she used to live in. She would protect it, but didn't want to be seen. So, she developed a new technique that would allow for her to move even faster than before.
Special Training: Ninja
Silvia is now familiar with the flying type, getting as much energy as a water would ice. She can also use Air Slash.
Hidden Power: Flying

Your turn, Sneeze.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:09 PM   #3
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze

Harvester's Token
The Harvester's Token denotes one's prowess in caring for and farming the bounties of nature. It can be attached to Grass type pokémon only and greatly enhances their natural abilities. Rain will heal them by a mild amount each round, sunlight will significantly boost their mobility, healing moves cost half their usual energy cost and draining moves are much more efficient. This token may be purchased during the week long Thanksgiving event and may be purchased up to one time per trainer.
Attached to Fangorn the Trevenant

Lucarionite
Allows Lucario to Mega Evolve.
Attached to Emlyn the Lucario

Silver Wing Token
Bestowed upon the winner of the Winter Whirl Cup. The attached pokemon is allowed to be one evolutionary stage higher than they would otherwise be at their current level.
Attached to B.R.A.I.N. the Metagross

Fangorn: Male Trevenant (level 5)
Hidden Power: Rock
Sigless

Emlyn: Female Lucario (level 5)
Biography: Well trained in the art of fighting, Emlyn is no stranger to the idea that one must remain collected in order to defeat their foes. With many trickster foes capable of throwing minds out of whack with their multitude of mind altering attacks, Emlyn has focused on turning these tricks against their users for her own advantage.
Hidden Power: Bug
Special Attack: Infinity Strike (Fighting)
Emlyn closes her eyes and focuses her mind to clear it of all negative thoughts and return herself to her original mental state. Following this, Emlyn charges energy into her arms and strikes open palm with both hands. The strikes is rather forceful, and can cause foes of Emlyn's size or smaller to be sent backwards a way. The strike is charged with the energy used to clear the mind, normally dealing good damage, however, if the attack has successfully cleared any negative condition from Emlyn's mind, the attack deals considerable damage. Infinity Strike uses solid energy and can be used twice per battle.

B.R.A.I.N.: Genderless Metagross (level 5)
Biography: Binary Reactive Artificially Intelligent Neurocircuit aka B.R.A.I.N. is the creator of all other machines. Having been re-purposed to wipe out all life, B.R.A.I.N. has manufactured many types of traps and has chosen to keep only the most efficient of them.
Hidden Power: Dark
Special Attack: Fabrication (Psychic)
B.R.A.I.N. creates many small orbs of Psychic energy around the arena, some of which explode immediately dealing moderate damage to the foe, while the rest fade into the arena until a new foe is sent out. Every time a new foe is sent out some foes re-emerge and explode dealing moderate damage to that foe. This attack uses a significant amount of energy.

Siren: Female Lapras (level 5)
Sigless

Maxim: Male Machamp (level 5)
Biography: Maxim is all about pushing limits, of both himself and everyone around him. After a good bit of training he's found a way to use his fighting spirit to force others to push themselves as well.
Hidden Power: Ghost
Special Attack: Weight Training (Fighting)
Maxim charges a significant amount of Fighting energy into a small orb before launching it at his foe, dealing good damage. Upon contact, the energy makes the affected Pokemon feel significantly heavier for a period of three rounds, making Pokemon who fly or levitate have their flight ceiling reduced drastically, usually to only a few feet off of the ground unless they have particularly strong wings or mental capacity. The effects will also make swimming and jumping a bit harder, though it will still be possible to do so with increased energy usage.

Kirill: Male Excadrill (level 5)
Biography: I'm a drill and I'm digging a hole. Diggy diggy hole. I'm digging a hole.
Hidden Power: Ice
Special Training: Giga Drill
Whenever ordered to Dig, Kirill coats himself in an additional minor amount of Ground energy and a minor amount of Steel energy, the combination of which allows his drilling prowess dig through surfaces he would not be able to, such as reinforced concrete or steel, only unable to dig through the most indestructible of surfaces. This extra energy will always be used, even if digging through the softest soil, and does not affect the damage done nor the type of damage when Kirill uses Dig to strike a foe.

I think I'll start off with... B.R.A.I.N.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:36 PM   #4
Red Panda
donk

So, I can see plainly that Metagross has Miracle Eye, but I don't have another pokemon that can match typespam for typespam, so Bane, ready for battle.

Let's cut them down to size with Thief, see how they like being a Metang. Follow up with Night Slash, abusing your close proximity. If you find yourself at a range, however, use Dark Pulse instead.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:40 AM   #5
Sneaze

...lol item moves don't work on Silver Wing.

"Miracle Eye and blast it backwards with a Psychic wave when it comes in for the slash."

Quote:
Old 04-17-2014, 09:36 AM   #6
Connor
Who Knows?

A roaring cacophony permeates the entire arena, the distant cries of Pokemon inhabiting the forest barely heard over the surging river. The waters are noticeably deep, nothing seen on the surface but the breaking white of the storming currents below. Rocks litter the edges of the banks, jutting out of the rapids. The shore stands more firm, and our two trainers slowly walk into view, breaking from the thick of the forest wreathing the edges of the arena. Our referee likewise bursts into view, and after removing the worst of the foliage from his clothing, he wanders between the two trainers. They respectfully greet one another, with one clearly looking more confident than the other. Red Panda grips his Pokeball, his hands shaking somewhat as he slowly calms himself, convincing himself that he is making the correct decision.

Throwing his Pokeball into the air, he almost winces as the orb splits open, and a thick red beam arcs from within. Striking the ground, the energy quickly accrues mass. A thick tail, a glaring mouth. None of these are the most striking qualities of the Pokemon standing before Sneezey. Covering his nose with his hand, eyes watering, the trainer recoils from the almighty smell emanating from the Skuntank. Grabbing his own Pokeball, he throws it at the ground fluidly, and the orb quickly splits open. Four huge legs slam into the ground forcefully, breaking small sections of the earth with little effort. A resounding roar later, and B.R.A.I.N. has announced his presence, the Metagross clearly intent on winning no matter what.

Bane hisses loudly at his opponent, pandering at the ground as he observes the lumbering Metagross. Hairs standing on end, the Skuntank suddenly leaps into the adjourning forest, darting through the trees with an incredible speed. B.R.A.I.N. tries to follow the charge, but he quickly becomes frustrated, Bane managing to cloak himself within the shadows perfectly. Suddenly, the Skuntank erupts from the edge of the forest, charging forwards wreathed in a seething layer of Dark- type energy. His eyes are fixated clearly on a single point on B.R.A.I.N.'s hide, the glinting silver token. With a wide grin, Bane slams into the Metagross, his claws reaching directly for the Silver Wing token. Making a connection, the Skuntank instantly plants his feet, darting a few feet away from his opponent. Believing himself to have stolen the token without a problem, he wears a wide grin, but his grin quickly fades. Looking back over to the Metagross before him, he sees the tell tale shimmering framed by the dark blue hue of B.R.A.I.N.'s body, and he groans loudly. His frustrations are only compounded as B.R.A.I.N. stares at him intently, his eyes wreathed in a thin layer of light blue energy. Bane shudders as he feels the Metagross staring into his very soul, and he becomes convinced that he will be assaulted no matter what.

Ignoring his feeling of dread, Bane begins to channel Dark- type energy along the length of his rightmost front leg. The entire limb begins to radiate the foul, pitch substance, and the Skuntank crouches low to the ground, before rocketing forward with an incredible speed. His entire body exudes confidence, and the distance is cut quickly ... but not quickly enough. Just as he closes within striking range of his mighty foe, Bane feels a sudden moment of resistance, before his body begins screaming in agony. Mere moments later, the Skuntank is sent hurtling backwards, his mind reeling from the sudden mental assault. Rising back to his feet, Bane quickly understands what has happened, and he roars loudly in protestation, frustrated that his opponent got the better of him not once, but twice.

Bane took a heavy blow right off the bat, allowing B.R.A.I.N. to open up a small lead. Both remain fresh.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #7
Sneaze

"Make your way over the river using levitation as you loose a Flash Cannon and another Psychic wave."

Quote:
Old 04-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #8
Red Panda
donk

Screech them out of the Flash Cannon and levitating shenanigans. Pursuit to break through the Psychic and get on top of them.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #9
Connor
Who Knows?

B.R.A.I.N. slowly rises into the air, small pebbles being forced aside underneath the Metagross. His eyes narrowed with concentration, he begins to move backwards, his gaze never straying far from the body of Bane. As he moves closer towards the rapids of the river, a small sphere of shiny grey energy begins to condense before the defined X plastered across his face. The small sphere whines loudly as energy is condensed, but the noise can do nothing to drown out what Bane unleashes. The Skuntank looses an almighty scream, the shearing noise echoing throughout the entire forest. His concentration broken utterly. B.R.A.I.N. crashes back down to the ground, grumbling as his feet reconnect with the earth below, and his attack dissipates harmlessly. Grinning to himself, Bane awaits hie foes next move. Eyes pulsating with a pale blue energy, B.R.A.I.N. slams his forelimbs into the ground, and a crushing wave emanates from his body. While the invisible wave would have normally washed clean over Bane, the Skuntank has other ideas. Leaping into the air, he wreathes himself in a bubble of Dark- type energy, before leaping forwards. Slicing through the wave effortlessly, he slams into B.R.A.I.N.'s face, before twisting in mid air and landing atop the Metagross, his position precarious at best.

No damage to Bane here sees the gap close somewhat, but not by a great margin. B.R.A.I.N. looks more refreshed than Bane, but both are good for two following conservative rounds.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #10
Red Panda
donk

Rake them with Night Slash. After that, hang tight, but use Protec if you feel particularly threatened.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #11
Sneaze

"Blast him off of you and into the water with a Psychic wave. Follow up with a Fabrication."

Quote:
Old 04-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #12
Connor
Who Knows?

Bane stands atop B.R.A.I.N., the mighty Metagross wearing a disgruntled expression in response to the weight straddling his body. Slamming his legs into the ground, he roars loudly, but Bane refuses to let go. Raising a single, clawed paw, he wreathes it in a dense layer of Dark- type energy, the entire leg consumed by the pitch substance. With a manic look on his face, the Skuntank slams the paw down onto B.R.A.I.N.'s carapace, and the Metagross grumbles a low growl of pain. Stopping still for a moment, he goes entirely silent, his body limp. Bane looks decidedly perplexed by the benign show, and his caution is duly rewarded. With almost no warning, the Skuntank is ripped free from B.R.A.I.N., an invisible wall of force propelling him backwards into the sky. Screeching all the way, Bane is consumed by the raging waves of the river, and struggles desperately to swim against the strong currents tugging at his body. A guttural laugh slowly rises within B.R.A.I.N., the Metagross clearly enjoying his opponent's less than perfect position. As Bane slowly drags himself back to shore, panting and dripping wet, B.R.A.I.N. continues his assault. Concentrating, he causes multiple small spheres of Psychic- type energy around the arena, the light purple spheres embedded within the ground. With warning, a resounding boom echoes throughout the arena, only eclipsed in volume by the screaming of Bane. Flung once again across the floor, the Skuntank slowly rises from the ground, looking decidedly battered from the sudden impact.

B.R.A.I.N. is looking rather tired by this point, a breather appreciated much sooner than later. He still retains a lead in health on Bane, who is looking pretty roughed up by now, just above the midpoint. He's refreshed, despite his struggle with the river.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #13
Sneaze

"Confusion and follow up with another Psychic wave. Keep him in the river."

Quote:
Old 04-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #14
Red Panda
donk

Dark Pulse to punch through the Confusion, then Pursuit through the Psychic.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #15
Connor
Who Knows?

Shaking his fur, Bane stands on the shore, clearly disgruntled by the efforts of his opponent. Hissing loudly, his hairs stand on end, but B.R.A.I.N. is nonplussed by the show. Concentrating, he allows a thin layer of energy to build up over his eyes, and a beam of the same colour slowly stretches forth from B.R.A.I.N., winding and curving through the air. Bane paws the ground with worry, before allowing Dark- type energy to seethe up from his body. It coats every surface of his skin, before suddenly coalescing to form round his muzzle, the Skuntank grinning viciously. Opening his mouth wide, he spews forth a thick blast of interlocked rings, the energy meeting the blue beam emanating from B.R.A.I.N. readily. The thinner beam is chewed up by the pulsating rings, and they slam into B.R.A.I.N. painfully, causing the Metagross to release a garbled shriek of pain. Refusing to be bested, B.R.A.I.N. begins to once again gather mental energies, hesitating as he watches Bane stare at him wistfully. Forcing himself past the hesitation, B.R.A.I.N. allows his eyes to become completely consumed by the energies, before once again spewing forth an invisible wall of force from his body. Energy knocks pebbles aside, but does not for a second faze Bane. Leaping into the air, in an all too familiar fashion, he quickly wreathes himself in a bubble of pitch black energy once again, bursting forward and cutting through the wave with ease. This time, the Skuntank slams into B.R.A.I.N.'s faceplate, and the Metagross grumbles loudly with discontent.

Health situation is more or less tied now, both sitting around the midpoint. B.R.A.I.N. is tiring a bit more now, and looks much more tired than Bane, who remains good for two.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #16
Red Panda
donk

Circle them while letting out a Snarl. Protect if you feel threatened.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #17
Sneaze

"Bulldoze him out of his attack."

Quote:
Old 04-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #18
Connor
Who Knows?

Bane begins to circle B.R.A.I.N. tentatively, before continuing with his onslaught. Inhaling sharply, he fills his lungs to capacity, but B.R.A.I.N. takes this subtle shift as his cue to begin. Coating each of his hefty legs in thick layers of Ground- type energy, he begins to pummel the ground rapidly, great tremors seizing throughout the river bank. Bane is caught short in his attack, his lungs deflating with much more of a whimper than the mighty bark he intended. The round ends with the Skuntank looking decidedly disheveled, his confidence clearly knocked somewhat.

B.R.A.I.N. has reopened a lead on Bane, though not a considerable one. Both are fresh going into the next.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:58 PM   #19
Sneaze

"Raise yourself off the ground as you approach with a Zen Headbutt and follow up with another Psychic wave."

Quote:
Old 04-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #20
Red Panda
donk

See how they like running into a Fire Blast, then another Dark Pulse through the Wave.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #21
Connor
Who Knows?

>Referee match twice within 2 hours.
>Orders within an hour.

Spoiler: show
B.R.A.I.N. grumbles to himself, before folding his huge legs up alongside his body, maintaining his levitation with his indomitable Psychic prowess. Propelling himself forwards, he closes his eyes as he channels energy across his forehead, a thick blue cap of energy springing into life as he bears down on Bane. The Skuntank simply smiles coyly, before turning abruptly, his huge tail raised over his head. The sight is strange to B.R.A.I.N., but he carries on his valiant charge. This proves a fatal mistake. A roaring sound erupts from the behind of Bane, and seconds later, a huge burning kanji stands before the still charging B.R.A.I.N., who is unable to change his course of attack. Crashing headlong into the seething fires, the Metagross screams in agony, his focus broken and the energy coating his forehead disappearing without a trace. Huffing, Bane slowly turns around, the sight before him an amusing one. B.R.A.I.N. wears an expression somewhere between horrified and agonised, the Metagross having fallen back down to earth and managed to right himself. Glaring at Bane, his eyes begin to glow with a surging blue energy, and a crushing wall of energy once again erupts from his armoured body. The energy crashes over Bane, who is sent skittering from the attack, but the Skuntank quickly drags himself back to his feet. He ushers a quiet, haughty laugh, before once again allowing himself to become consumed by a raging darkness. Hunkering his body down, he slowly allows the aura to condense around his maw, and B.R.A.I.N. wears a notably worried expression. With a resounding roar, Bane sends the energy churning towards B.R.A.I.N., who has little time to react. The thick stream barrels into his body ... and his legs crumple, his heavy, metallic carapace slamming into the floor unceremoniously.

B.R.A.I.N. is unable to battle! Sneezey12, your next Pokemon please.

Bane offloaded almost all his Fire- type energy in one fell swoop, and he's looking pretty battered by this point. He's pretty winded from such a sudden expenditure of energy, but could go for two if necessary.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #22
Sneaze

"Kirill, murder it. Double Bulldoze."

Quote:
Old 04-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #23
Red Panda
donk

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.png

Move closer, then lunge in after the first bulldoze ends and lift them off the ground with crunch, keeping them in your jaws. Explosion.

Last edited by Red Panda; 04-19-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #24
Connor
Who Knows?

B.R.A.I.N. is slowly returned to his Pokeball, a solemn look etched upon his trainer's face. Swiftly, decisively, he makes his next decision. As the orb splits open at the seams, two large, metallic claws are the first features to form. Closely followed by a shearing of metal as fingers are flexed, Kirill strides into the arena, a cocksure grin etched upon his face. Wasting no time, the Excadrill coats his feet in dense layers of Ground- type energy, and Bane panics. Rushing forward, he is stopped abruptly in his tracks as Kirill begins to pound the ground with his feet, waves of energy pulsating outwards and disrupting the footing of Bane. The Skuntank slides across the ground, his chin grinding into the graveled banks of the river. Dragging himself to his feet, he quickly bursts forward, trying to make a move to close the distance between the pair. His movement is too slow, the distance too great. A second rumble rips through the relative peace of the arena, drowning out even the roar of the river, and this time Bane does not return to his feet.

Bane is unable to battle! Red Panda, your next Pokemon please.

Kirill is untouched and fresh.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #25
Red Panda
donk

Frigidus, time to shine.

Starting you off swimming in the water, not touching the riverbottom.

Start off with a Water Pledge, then move into a Water Pulse Wave.

Opt out either for Dive to dodge if Typespam comes your way, again not touching the bottom.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL