You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Pokébowl Z [Round 2] - Kuno vs kusari

Female Vivillon
1 vs. 1
72 Hour Strict DQ with a 96 Hour exception for each
Switch = Forfeit
Arena: The sun Lawn

Hooray! PM me attacks/nicknames/wing patterns. Eager to get this shit started.

kus orders first after the initial reffing.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:25 AM   #2
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Round I

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari
So, Vivillion will have the Sun Pattern because it's my favorite. And the little cutie will be going by the name of Honey.

Quiver Dance into Gust, Honey. U can do it bby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Empress
I want a Polar Vivillon. Named Laser McSplosions.

Toxic and Aerial Ace, please.
vs.

Quote:
Vivillon (Bug/Flying): Vivillon's wings come in a number of patterns, depending on the environment in which the bug developed. Some patterns are bright and ostentatious while others are muted and more suited for camouflage. If its wings are an appropriate pattern for the environment of the battle, it can order to hide itself, making it much more difficult to spot.
Welcome one and all to the ubiquitous lawn, where today we shall be witnessing the kind of fierce combat characteristic of the Pokebowl. This match features two incredible league trainers, including our very own Holy Empress. Both have been given female Vivillon, the winged insect endemic to the Kalos region. It shouldn't be a surprise that Kuno's beautiful bug, nicknamed Laser McSplosions, is of the polar variety, a reflection of his past as the League's successful Ice GL (which I hope to see revived sometime soon!). Ever the bold one, kusari retaliates with Honey, bearing the symbolic sun pattern. If there's anything you need to know about Kuno, it's that he wants the sun nuked. And really, who doesn't? Everybody should.

#nukethesun

The Vivillon, tired of listening to my boring rambling, fly up into their positions, ready to dismember the opposition and wear their wings as fashion accessories. Honey decides to shake out her aggression, channeling her determination into a self-enhancing Quiver Dance. Her flittering and fluttering pisses off Laser McSplosions, though. The display makes her so sick that she literally vomits, a poison projectile flying in Honey's direction. The Toxic completes its parabolic path directly on top of Honey's head, dripping down her face and into her mouth. Oh no she didn't. Honey bristles with disgust and shakes her head in an effort to dislodge the corrosive mucus. Using her boosted agility, she swoops low to the ground and back up, raising up a light Gust of resentment. Laser takes the blow head on for some strong damage. She isn't going to let Honey just retain the upper hand for no reason. Moving swiftly, she darts towards her foe with a calculated, deliberate flap of her wings before pivoting, slamming into Honey from an unexpected angle. The two collide in mid-air and flutter askew, Laser righting herself pretty quickly and glancing cheekily at the other Vivillon. Honey regains her bearings and returns the stare, though humor is the last thing on her mind.

Good early damage exchanged on both sides means things are still relatively equal. Laser is status- and boost-free, but she's out of Poison energy. Honey has a Quiver Dance under her belt, but she has also ingested some toxin, meaning she'll begin taking poison damage at the end of next round.

kusari to order first.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Gust into Aerial Ace.
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Flash to Sleep Powder.

Spoiler: show
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:12 AM   #5
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Round II

At the sound of her trainer's orders, Honey perks up and begins flapping her wings, churning up some Gusty winds in Laser's direction. Laser, though, is feeling confident, and literally sparkles. A Flash of light erupts from the polar Vivillon's body and causes Honey to recoil in surprise, the Gust she conjured passing benignly over Laser. Honey chatters a bit as she tries to regain her bearings, not as used to intense lights despite what her sun pattern would suggest. In the end she's helpless to avoid Laser's Sleep Power and floats gently down to the matted grass for a rest.

*toxic*

Light damage to both via disrupted Gust and Toxic, and that's it. The latter will begin steadily building up over the course of the battle. Kuno's used his one sleeper.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:36 AM   #6
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Quiver Dance yourself. If it wakes up and attacks you blast it with a Gust.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:53 PM   #7
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Sleep Talk twice. Should you wake up, replace the second one with a Hurricane.

Fuck them police.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:37 AM   #8
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Round III

With Honey asleep, Laser takes the opportunity to boost herself, mimicking the Quiver Dance she saw her adversary pull off earlier with perfect aplomb. Meanwhile, Honey mumbles some in her sleep, her trainer clenching his fists in anticipation of the Sleep Talk. She shifts in her slumber, righting herself briefly before shooting a beam of energy skyward. The remaining clouds in the sky cloud, bringing forth a magnificent Sunny Day. I can already feel the heat.

Laser looks on unimpressed, waiting for a sign of alertness.

Honey Sleep Talks again, and the great goddess Arrengee is on her side. Stretching her wings taught, her eyes flash with a burst of energy as a telekinetic wave bursts from her body. Laser gets slammed hard by the unexpected Psychic blow, crying out in surprise. She looks to retaliate, but sees her foe still sleeping. Unfortunate.

Honey cringes as Toxic takes its toll. She flutters awake as the round comes to a close.

A significant hit brings Laser down a good margin, giving Honey the unexpected health lead. She does, however, have a special attack and speed boost equal to her foe, and she feels quite refreshed. Temperatures will climb due to the Sunny Day and Fire moves (lol) will be strengthened. Honey's Psychic energy reserves have been cut in half.

kus.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #9
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Hurricane twice because I want that to be a thing.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:30 AM   #10
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Is that the best you got?

Protect to stop the first attack. Then overpower its weakened second Hurricane with a Hurricane of your own.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Round IV

Honey, awake, seems bloodthirsty after all that rest. Utilizing her Quiver Dance boost, she briefly ascends before flapping her wings hard. Like, really hard. Super hard. She churns up a veritable storm, letting loose a burst of Hurricane winds at Laser. The opposition, though, appears largely unimpressed. As the winds build, she enshrouds herself with her wings, buffeting a little. Once the storm reaches its apex and launches itself at Laser, the insect repels the great Hurricane with a Protect shield, parting the winds and taking no damage from the onslaught. Honey looks pretty peeved as she flutters low to the ground. Her wings are exhausted, and she's breathing heavily. Laser smirks, ready to take advantage of her foe's disadvantaged position. The sun-pattered bug casts a worried look at her trainer before conjuring the storm again, though this time, despite the feverish flapping of her wings, the storm looks much weaker. Laser has other plans, though. Using her stronger pair of wings, the polar Vivillon steals away the Hurricane and strengthens it herself, turning the winds her way before sending the maelstrom at Honey for some pretty insane damage. The Hurricane tosses Honey to the ground, exhausted and battered.

Honey's lead was shredded in one fell swoop, taking her close to the midpoint once all's said and done. Both are quite tired after all that, though again Honey's worse for the wear after nearly flapping her wings off this round. Her flying will be hindered substantially for the next round or so.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:51 AM   #12
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Supersonic. If it gets confused, Stun Spore. If not go for a Gust.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #13
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Bug Buzz to drown the Supersonic. Then Protect yourself.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:58 AM   #14
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Round V

Taking advantage of her initiative and Honey's exhaustion, Laser McSplosions opens her mouth and releases a startling Supersonic. Honey forgets all about her tiredness as her mind turns to mush, pretty solidly confused by the racket. She stares dumbly at the ground, wondering why her wings won't work. Laser smirks and flaps her own wings, a fine vermillion powder flying from the polar-patterned appendages. Honey unknowingly inhales a handful of the Stun Spore, adding a layer of full-body paralysis to her mental malaise. Devious.

Insert Toxic here.

While Honey greatly enjoyed her round of inaction, she's confused and mildly paralyzed all over her body. Similarly, Laser did not really exert herself this round, leaving both physically capable of resuming Hurricane spam. Well, at least once Honey can get back to her real self.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #15
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Welp. Take whatever comes first. Protect what comes next. Then a Supersonic of your own.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #16
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Hurricane and then Calm Mind.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #17
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Round VI

WOOSH. Whippy winds visit the arena once more, drowning out the encouraging cheers of the audience as they pick Honey's motionless body off the lawn and take her for a ride. The Hurricane racks the poor insect, simultaneously ripping her out of her contented confusion and paralysis. The Sun Vivillon can only shriek in surprise until the winds die off enough to stabilize herself, glaring at Laser McSplosions with the intensity of a nuke. Instead of going straight for retaliation, she begrudgingly accepts her trainer's orders and watches Laser closely. Her foe just smirks and closes her eyes, Calming her Mind.

"Objection!" Honey yells, waves of Supersonic noise bursting from her mouth. They pass harmlessly over Laser's collected head, not phasing her at all. Honey ends the round looking very dejected, and battered to boot. She shudders from the toxic damage again. Poor thing.

Honey looks horrible, brought down below half and too close to critical for comfort. While she's great on energy, she'll really need to budget her remaining time well to even the odds. Her Quiver Dance is gone. Laser's rocking two boosts right now, with her Quiver Dance due to end shortly. She's pretty tired but the state of her foe is equally encouraging. Can she close it out?
Old 05-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #18
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Take advantage of the boosts with a Gust. Protect afterwards.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #19
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

kusari bb don't make me DQ you
Old 05-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #20
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Didn't realise we were waiting on me.

Time to go for broke. Hurricane to overpower the Gust. Struggle Bug to prompt Protect. Then another Hurricane.

Three.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #21
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Round VII

Shitty reffing because I need this to finish.

---

Laser flaps her wings and generates a rather formidable Gust considering her boosts, but Honey is ready and waiting, conjuring up some more Hurricane-strength winds to overwhelm the assault, turning the storm's eye into her foe instead. Laser struggles to withstand the zephyr, floundering in the air until the winds dissipate. She glances angrily at Honey after it's done, waiting to Protect the next attempt at stealing the match away from her. Honey smirks and releases a weak pulse of Bug energy, rightfully named Struggle Bug. Laser falls for the ploy and erects a serene green barrier, absorbing the blow. She's left open to the second, weaker Hurricane, though, leaving her pissed and battered on the battlefield.

On the bright side, Honey shudders from the very potent poison and looks as exhausted as fuck.

Honey regained some ground, bringing the pair snuggled close to their last dredges of health. Laser retains a fair lead, but with Hurricanes in their arsenals, it'll only take one more each to send either one packing. Honey's tired.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #22
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Gust
Old 06-08-2014, 03:40 AM   #23
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Exodia, obliterate.

Hurricane until it dies. 3 mover confirmed.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:50 PM   #24
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

The final Hurricane washes over Honey and knocks her out.

Laser McSplosions wins! Kuno advances to the next round.

Kuno gets 1 KO, 2 TP.
kusbb gets 1 TP.
I get 2 SP for being slow as balls.

GG, gents. <3
Old 06-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #25
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Thanks for reffing. Good match, Kusari.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum