BlazeVA vs. Kingothestone
6 v 6
Equilevel 3
72 HR DQ
Switch = OK
Slapstick
The Hallowed Tracks
Spoiler: show
The arena starts out at a pair of train tracks that run indefinitely both ways, without a clear end in sight. These tracks are old and decrepit, being rusted, the wood rotten. To the right of the tracks is a large lake., this lake being a short distance away from the tracks. While the lake is somewhat shallow, its deep enough for most underwater tactics and has enough water for repeated uses of Surf. One might think that this lake is good, but in reality the water is a sickly brown color, and any Pokemon that isn’t a Ghost type, a Poison type, or an inorganic Pokemon will lose a mild amount of energy for every round they are in the water. The arena is continually midnight, and the only light there is for the arena is the full moon overhead. Due to the moon, any attack that relies on moonlight will be slightly faster and more potent. The ground underneath, while having been dead for some time, is easy enough to work with that Ground and Rock type attacks that rely on the arena will work fine.
Our newest Gym Trainer takes on one of our many aspiring newbies.

Squad up.

Last edited by Connor; 05-22-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
"Why, greetings there Kots! I see you have come here after your defeat in NvV! Sad to say I might have to join you, ahahaha, but I'm afraid that you must pass no farther. Prepare for eternal oblivion Kots."

Carmina: Level 4 Female Mismagius

Hades: Level 3 Male Banette

Murasa: Level 3 Female Frillish

Junko: Level 3 Female Super Pumpkaboo
Signature Training: OH SUCH BEAUTIFUL DESPAIR!
Junko is so full of despair that all of her ghostly attacks are filled with it, so when she uses any Ghost type move, there is a 20% chance of the opponent flinching from the massive amount of despair they feel afterwards, but all of her Ghost type moves cost an extra 10% energy.

Durundal: Level 3 Male Doublade
Signature Training: Dragon-killing Sword
All of Durundal’s attacks do an extra 20% damage to Dragon types but for an extra 20% energy, and will ignore any resistances that a Dragon might have. For example, if Durundal used Iron Head on a Kingdra, it will do neutral damage instead of resisted damage. But, in return, all of Durundal’s attacks will deal 20% less damage to Rock and Fairy types, and will not deal SE damage to them.

Yog-Sholoth: Level 3 Male Spiritomb
Signature Attack: Dark Art of Destruction! Banishing Seal of Dark Magic
Yog-Soholth creates a magic ring around its body that glows briefly before moving under the opponent, glowing brightly before sending them back to the Pokeball. This will work like if the opponent used Baton Pass to switch out, meaning that in a Switch = KO the Pokemon will not be KO’ed but there is one secret to this attack. The Pokemon that is sent back by this attack can no longer be sent out against Yog-Soholth by any means, including being sent out after a KO, conventional switching, and Baton Pass. If for some reason Yog-Soholth is returned to his Pokeball, this signature is considered not to be in effect and the affected Pokemon can be sent out against Yog-Soholth again. When used, the round will immediately end and the opponent will post what Pokemon will come out next round. If the combatant is the only Pokemon left, this sig cannot be used. This attack uses heavy energy. This can only be used once per battle.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Cheers, you creepy creepy person. Here's to a good match in which I'm sure to learn how to handle ghosts.

Menoetius

[Level 3 Male Deino]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Ghost

-----------------------

Zeus

[Level 4 Male Electabuzz]
I met Zeus up in the mountains, training with a group of Beartic. For some reason, they had accepted him as one of their own. He is incredibly comfortable in colder arenas. While in the mountains, I met a hermit who told me Zeus' story.

Another trainer had been searching the mountains looking for Pokemon when an egg he was carrying began to hatch. Unable to care for the freshly hatched Elekid, and in a terrible rush, the trainer had left the baby behind the hermit's hut. Alone and forgotten, the Elekid began to climb the mountain, looking for some sort of safety from the elements. He managed to find a cave after hours of searching, and made his way inside. His rest, however, was to be short-lived. It seemed that the cave was home to a particularly ornery Haxorus that apparently dwelled deep within the mountain. The beast quickly chased the baby Elekid out into the harsh elements once more, where he tumbled down the mountainside, coming to a stop just before a second cave. Bruised and battered, the baby Elekid crawled inside and and fell to the ground, unconscious.

When he awoke, the Elekid found himself surrounded by a group of Beartic. He jumped to his feet, ready to fight, but the Beartic looked concerned rather than angry. He told them his story of the Haxorus, and they took pity on him. They decided that, since he had nobody else, they would train him. And train him they did. For 6 months they worked together, teaching the young electric type some ice type moves while shying away from moves that could prove dangerous should the baby ever turn on the larger group. After 6 months, the Elekid had learned all he could from the Beartic, but he was still not content. He told the Beartic that, in order to prove himself capable, he had to best the Haxorus. Despite their warnings, the Elekid set out once more up the mountain, returning to that fateful cave.

Before he even took a step inside, the Elekid heard a deafening howl from within the cavern. He took a moment to work up his nerve, and then scurried into the cave. Once there, he once again met his opponent. A fierce battle ensued, with Elekid fighting valiantly, combining his natural moves with those that he had been taught by the Beartic. After a long, long confrontation, the Haxorus finally went down, and the Elekid let out an echoing victory screech before hurrying down the mountainside to tell his companions his story.

[Hidden Power]
Water

[Special Training: Kheimon's Blessing]
Zeus has gained an Ice Familiarity and can now use Ice Beam, Ice Shard and Powder Snow. Due to his training, he never learned any fire type moves. He also never learned Focus Punch, Cross Chop, Dynamicpunch, Rolling Kick, Brick Break or Rock Smash due to the Beartic he trained with being afraid of those moves in particular.

---------------------------

Loke

[Level 3 Male Honedge]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Electric

----------------------

Erebos

[Level 2 Male Grimer]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Fighting

Mania

[Level 2 Female Jigglypuff]
[Biography]
Mania is a wide-eyed psycho. Do with that what you will.

[Hidden Power]
Flying

Tartarus

[Level 2 Male Gastly]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Fire

As if I could start with anybody else. Zeus, lock and load.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

So you brought out your up-level?

Carmina, take flight!

Trap him with a Mean Look, then give him an Ominous Wind to deal with.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Let us begin, my friend. A double dose of thunderbolts, please.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #6
Connor
Wistful

Pitch black. The only illumination afforded The Hallowed Tracks is the full moon overhead, the singular white sphere suspended neatly amidst thin, passing clouds. The twin set of rails form the main centre piece of this newly founded arena, each of them rotten to the core. The decrepit scenery is only matched by the sickly colours of the stagnant lake nearby, the waters a dank brown colour, robbing the area of it's last hope of vibrancy. Gravel is crunched underfoot, and our referee slowly walks into view, standing directly between the two rails. Raising his flags, he gestures to the two combatants standing at the sidelines, and our Gym Trainer confidently strides into view, shortly followed by the equally confident challenger. Nodding to one another in a respectful show, they take their respective places as indicated, before considering their rosters before them. Our challenger is the first to select his champion, tossing his orb high into the air. The shining metallic surface reflects the scarce light beautifully, eclipsed only by the sudden stream of red energy which erupts from the inner workings of the capsule. A yellow body, petered with a black, striping pattern stands to attention, his aura brimming with confidence. Our Gym Trainer is nonplussed, quickly sending forth his own champion. A haughty giggle permeates the arena, and a Mismagius slowly drifts forwards. Carmina eyes Zeus readily, clearly considering herself favourite in the match up.

Wasting no time, Carmina stares intently at Zeus. Her eyes are rimmed with an ominous, pale energy and she grins widely as the same energy slowly flickers to life around Zeus. The Electabuzz wears a placid expression, but he can clearly feel his connection to his Pokeball severed, a faint look of frustration dancing across his face. He perseveres though, spinning his arms wildly. Electric- type energy begins to build up around his entire body, a thick aura of energy shrouding the Electabuzz. With a defiant cry, he stops his arms spinning, directing them straight at Carmina. The Mismagius reels away as the bolt strikes her body, grumbling loudly as she slowly turns back towards Zeus. Pouting, she extends her Ghostly energies into the air around her, before directing them towards Zeus. A shrieking wind blows throughout the arena, engulfing Zeus and causing him to shudder involuntarily against the buffeting. Carmina, on the other hand, grins widely, seemingly empowered by the churning energies. Zeus responds in kind, once again firing off a Thunderbolt, because variety is cool and all that.

Carmina took a nasty blow right off the start, looking a bit worse for wear than Zeus. She'll enjoy her boosts though. Both are fresh.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #7
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

A round of song may be beneficial here. Sing proud, my friend.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 04-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #8
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Well, after going it over with Connor, it seems those are orders.

So, after much deliberation, ascend while you give him a Shadow Ball. Then, give him a Confuse Ray.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #9
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Yeah bolding things on mobile is apparently effective only 85% of the time. Lazy version of the orders is "round" in case that changes what you want to do.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 04-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #10
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

That's what I figured it was.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #11
Connor
Wistful

Zeus grumbles upon hearing his trainer's orders, the commands being far more restrained than the previous. Inhaling sharply, he opens his mouth wide, before bellowing out a raucous song. The sound waves create a multicoloured cone of energy, which quickly expands outwards and engulfs Carmina. The Misdreavus hisses loudly as the energy washes over her, before she grins wickedly. Her arm like tendrils are drawn up, before a small black sphere suddenly leaps to life between them. Gathering shadows from all around, the sphere quickly accrues mass, becoming a writhing mass of dark purple energies. Spinning her body, Carmina sends the orb churning towards Zeus, and it strikes him dead in the chest. The energy erupts over the Electabuzz, and he winces in pain, but his torture is not ended there. Carmina narrows her eyes, and a sudden flash of ominous, yellow light leaps from the slits. Zeus is struck dead in the face by the ray, and he begins to stumble backwards aimlessly, his mind addled completely.

Carmina is looking fairly scuffed up now, but Zeus isn't much better off. Zeus is refreshed, while Carmina remains good for two, and the pair seem to be roughly tied in total energy.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:18 PM   #12
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Use his confusion to smack him with an Inferno, then float away.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #13
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Sorry, Zeus, but we'll have to fight through the pain. After the inferno, loose a blast of thunder, followed by a thunderbolt.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 04-15-2014, 06:40 AM   #14
Connor
Wistful

Zeus stands blank faced, eyes scrunched up and glazed. It is clear he is not in his right mind, and he stumbles left and right as he tries to make sense of his trainer's garbled orders. Carmina simply flits through the air, cackling menacingly. Drawing near to Zeus, the gems adorning her neck suddenly begin to burn with a vicious flame, before the energy slowly transfers to the air before her. A giant sphere of raging flame is suspended before her, her face illuminated ominously as the ball churns and writhes. With a simple nod of her head, the sphere begins to crawl towards Zeus, and the confused Electabuzz can do nothing but admire the beautiful sight before him, his blurred vision failing to register the imminent danger. The flame lightly touches him, before suddenly roaring into life. Zeus is engulfed, becoming little more than a screaming black silhouette amongst the storming mass of flame. Carmina laughs manically all the while, and as the flame subsides, Zeus sports a huge burn mark on his chest, stretched over the majority of his torso.

Howling in pain, Zeus fights to force the pain to the back of his mind. Finally managing to suppress it, he grimaces at Carmina, his rage flagrant in his eyes. Slamming his fists together, he allows a powerful current to stream throughout his entire body, sparks rapidly dancing across his skin. Never once does his gaze leave Carmina. Now shrouded in a fluctuating aura of Electric- energy, he raises one arm slowly, a telling grin crawling onto his face. Roaring, he sends the energy streaming skywards, where it arcs neatly. Carmina tries to escape the incoming blow, but a crashing boom echoes throughout. The Mismagius is consumed in a pillar of shining yellow light, screeching sparks arcing from the construct. As the attack dies down, Carmina is left looking battered, but Zeus is not finished there. In a masterstroke of variety and innovative attacks, he sends a Thunderbolt towards Carmina. Yay damage.

Carmina looks a fair way worse off that Zeus now, resting near the end of her first half. She's looking fresh though, while Zeus looks somewhat winded thanks to the intensive round - he'll begin the next round somewhat sluggish.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #15
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

A quick shock wave will work. Follow up with a discharge.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 04-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #16
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

"Oh dear Kots I would very much enjoy if you didn't just press the STAB button every once in a while. I'm getting hilariously bored. Carmina, let's teach him the meaning of pain, shall we? Back off from him while delivering a Screech, then a Hex, darling."
Old 04-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #17
Connor
Wistful

Zeus holds his hands before him, fingers outstretched and palms inverted. Small lightning bolts begin to dance between each finger, slowly wrapping around one another until quite quickly a small, writhing sphere sits between his hands. The sphere whines with Electric- type energy, the pale blue orb crackling loudly. Carmina has no intentions of allowing it to fire. Opening her mouth wide, she begins to channel energy through her throat, managing to issue one of the most unearthly sounds known to man. The shearing screech quickly assaults Zeus' ears, and the Electabuzz finds his concentration broken utterly, his hands quickly leaping to his ears to try and suffocate the din. Visibly angered by the rude gesture, Zeus once again begins to channel Electric- type energy between his hands, but this time the faint aura slowly extends to the entirety of his body. Opening his arms wide, he allows the aura to condense into a single arc between his hands, before slapping them together. A brief second later, the aura implodes, before lancing out front the focal point of Zeus' hands. Crashing into Carmina, the energies surge through her body, causing her to moan involuntarily ... but also awakening the wrath hidden within the spirit. Her face contorted into once of sheer malevolence, the Mismagius begins to channel energy into the air above her, and a writhing, dense mass quickly forms. The aura fluctuates wildly, until Carmina begins to exert a notable influence over it, and it shifts into the form of a deranged eye. The pupil flicks back and forth, clearly inspiring a degree of fear within Zeus courtesy of the grotesque image. The beady eye slowly turns towards Zeus, before the pitch black mass surrounding it closes in, giving the impression of a narrowed eye. With no warning, the pupil blinks red, and seething waves pour out from the construct. The waves wash over Zeus' chest, causing the Electabuzz to gasp out loudly in pain, buckling to his knees. His chest rages in agony, something within the sadistic nature of the attack aggravating his injury further. The round comes to a close with Carmina's manic laughter echoing throughout the arena, and Zeus forcing himself back to his feet, a steeled determination resting on his face.

Zeus didn't have the best of rounds, now level in health with Carmina. He's like to be good for two, but he's not in as good as condition as Carmina, who managed to have a fairly conservative round.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #18
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

"Alright good sir, time to die. In flames! Use your SC to give a boosted Psywave, then respond with a Hex. If he tries to be an unimaginative kid and use Bide, replace the latter with a Quick-Charge Substitute."
Old 04-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #19
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

quick attack around the psywave and straight at her, passing through her to get at her back. Once there, spin around and fire off a quick hidden power. If she turns solid and stops you from passing through, hit her with an ice beam instead. Either way, screech her out of the hex.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 04-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #20
Connor
Wistful

Zeus stands wary, his entire being on high alert. His eyes narrowed, he watches Carmina intently, and the Mismagius simply giggles back at her opponent. The gems adorning her neck begin to pulsate with a strange energy, and she begins to chant with her eyes closed, channeling as much energy as she possibly can. As she does so, multiple blue rings begin to appear before her, and Zeus wears a worried look as they continue to multiply, until a total of 6 rings stand before him. His face horrified, he watches on as they bear down on him, before twisting his feet at the last second. Erupting sideways in a wide arc, he manages to remove himself from the trajectory of the incoming blow, but he doesn't quite manage to enact his trainers orders to perfection, the maneuver being far too complex. Grumbling, he closes his eyes briefly, a radiant blue colour emanating from beneath the eyelids. The energy consumes his entire eyes, shining ever brighter as he opens them once more, and orbs of the same hue begin to slowly form at the edges of his skin. Waving an arm through the air, the Electabuzz sends the deep blue orbs hurtling towards Carmina, who moans as the energy lances through her body. She quickly shakes the attack off though, pumping a faint, purple mist into the air. Her expression is manic as the energies begin to gather, and before Zeus can do anything to stop her, a pulsating eye forms amidst the mist. Brief moments later, waves of thick, purple energy churn out to meet the Electabuzz, and he roars in pain as the burn on his chest is aggravated once again. Zeus does not Screech since there is nothing for him to Screech.

Both Pokemon remain fairly tied in health. Carmina is now the one showing heavier panting, but neither look particularly good.

Last edited by Connor; 04-20-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #21
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Did any of the Psywave hit, and if it did, what happened to the mental befuddlement?

EDIT: Also, not exactly sure how a Screech used as the third move would interrupt a Hex used as the second move by a Pokemon going first and against orders that are deliberately reactive.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #22
Connor
Wistful

On the Psywave, none of it hit. Zeus prioritised avoiding the Psywave, which is why he arced around the path of the rings. As for the Hex thing, Carmina had just expended a fairly high amount of energy, which somewhat delayed Hex firing, allowing Zeus to Screech her out of it. Screech is a fairly quick move, after all, even if a Pokemon is tired.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #23
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

I still think initiative should cancel out delay. Psywave really isn't a move that leaves the user drained and even so, getting two moves off on the latter part of a three mover before your opponent can even get one while showing no signs of tiredness is pretty ridiculous.

EDIT: I could also bring out Hex's startling effect coming into play here.

Last edited by Emi; 04-20-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #24
Connor
Wistful

Bleh. Edited.

I'd still want to argue that Psywave should leave you drained if you're specifically concentrating on it and managing to generate 6 full rings, but that's just me. Your arguments are reasonable.

I hate you both.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #25
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Made the ref hate me without even arguing anything. I'm content.

Orders will likely come while I'm sitting in class tomorrow, as I'm ridiculously drained from babysitting 5 screaming 7 year old girls all day at my family's Easter gathering.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles