UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 03-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
deh74
Noted homosexual

Ludicolo UPN PASBL: Cloneblazer12 vs. Anzzi

Hello everybody, I am deh, your ref. Welcome to the deck of the RMS American, a cruise ship employed by the PASBL for the sake of this battle.

This battle will take place on the front (stern) deck of the ship and features a bunch of cool ways to abuse the arena which you can look at below.

Cloneblazer12 (c) vs Anzzi (a)
2v2
Equilevel 1
Singles
Switch=KO
36 HR DQ
Slapstick
Arena=Ships Deck (Outdoor): The battle takes place on a cruise ship out on the ocean. On the ship specifically, the battle starts off on the ship's front deck. It is quite probably that the battle can spill out into the ocean or into the inside of the ship.
Special Rules: Easily destroyed, Onlookers, Terrain Edge (Sea w/ Wild Pokémon [sea] as an special rule), Building Edge (Concrete/Indoor with special rules Onlookers and Confined in effect)
Optional Rules: Terrain Edge (Pool/Outdoor [basically, a pool on the front deck] with special rule diving platform in effect

Since you guys are new I'll tell you how this works:
Cloneblazer posts squad of 6 pokemon
Anzzi posts a squad of 6 and sends out first pokemon
Cloneblazer sends out first pokemon and orders
Anzzi orders
I ref
Order reverses for all eternity

Cloneblazer, start us off.

PASBL
The Whistling Sound of Impending Doom.

Last edited by deh74; 05-04-2014 at 07:43 PM. Reason: I post in darkorange, deal with it.
deh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
Cloneblazer12
somewhat temporarily back

Send a message via Skype™ to Cloneblazer12
Technically I've completed four matches so I know the order, so it's more for Anzzi than anything. (Just throwing that out there).

Blazer the Combusken-Male lvl 2 Uplevel
Signature Training: Submission
After training extensively with other fighting types, they have shown him the ropes of true hand to hand combat. This, in turn, allowed Blazer to learn the move Submission. His technique is not perfect, however, as he can still slip up in particularly difficult holds that natural learners of the move would be able to perform. He is still able to grapple with his opponent in the more traditional sense. However, it takes increased energy to perform a second move while performing a submission.

Juggernaught the Drilbur lvl 1 Male
Signature Move: Iron Drill
Juggernaught has learned how to coat his claws with a metallic energy while using the move Drill Run. While he uses this move, it draws upon his steel reserves and allows him to move through the air more aerodynamically, so wave attacks (such as a psychic in wave form) are slightly less effective while he is in the air. This attack hits for solid damage. This attack allows him to burrow through concrete, albeit at a higher energy cost.*While learning this technique, Juggernaught forgot how to use Sludge Bomb and Toxic due to the increased steel training.*

Shadow the Froakie-Male lvl 1

Grace the Ralts-Female lvl 1

Boomer the Yanma Male lvl 1

Maverick the Gible Male lvl 1

Alright Anzzi, you're up. Good luck!

Last edited by Cloneblazer12; 03-25-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Cloneblazer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
deh74
Noted homosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
Technically I've completed four matches so I know the order, so it's more for Anzzi than anything. (Just throwing that out there).
I'm still getting the order posted for me. Honey, it's going to be a while.

PASBL

Old 03-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #4
Cloneblazer12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deh74 View Post
I'm still getting the order posted for me. Honey, it's going to be a while.
I don't have any problems wih you posting the order. I'm just saying that I know how it goes.

Just because my color is orange doesn't mean you can call me honey.
Inb4 long wait
Old 03-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

The Serebii Noob is ready for the battle. Thanks for reffing the match deh74!

My Pokemon:

Pertti, Male Marshtomp Level 2
Nightmare, Male Gastly Level 1
Megawatt, Male Elekid Level 1
KidsDontSmoke, Male Koffing Level 1
Elektronik Supersonik, Genderless Porygon Level 1
Ahma, Male Riolu Level 1

Go Pertti!
Anzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #6
Cloneblazer12

Boomer, engage!

Start out with Hypnosis. If he's asleep, charge up and fire a Solarbeam. If he's not, Bug Buzz.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #7
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

Protect from the Hypnosis and Mimic to use Hypnosis on Yanma!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:19 PM   #8
deh74
Noted homosexual

Mimic (NO) -- The user copies the technique that the target last used (barring signature moves), and now has the ability to use that attack for the rest of the battle, though not always at normal power, if at all. If the attack is, say, a water technique, and the Mimicer is a fire type, it won´t work. This technique does not perform the attack itself, the additional order must be given for the attack to be used. After the battle, the user forgets the attack.

Because of this, I'm going to need you to confirm that as your three mover for the battle or change your orders, Anzzi.

PASBL

Old 03-27-2014, 05:34 AM   #9
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

Re-order:
Dodge Hypnosis with Agility and Thunderpunch!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:08 PM   #10
deh74
Noted homosexual

Round one: Electrifying!

The RMS American glides calmly through the glass-like waters of the Mediterranean as two trainers take their places at each end of the deck. Looking at each other, squinting because of the hot summer sun they release their balls at each other, which pop open, revealing the creatures within. For Cloneblazer, there is a Yanma named Boomer, and for Anzzi, we have Pertti the Marshtomp. Neither side looks to have too big of an advantage, so let's get started already. Here are your SC's.

Quote:
Yanma (Bug/Flying): Yanma makes a humming noise as it flaps its wings. This makes it easier to locate, however, the noise is very irritating close up, and any Pokémon within 10 feet of Yanma have a 10% chance of flinching from the sound (20% if the Pokémon has sensitive hearing). Yanma can see in the dark.

[Bug]: Bugs can, in most case, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike cold.

[Flying]: Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation. When standing on the ground, they take 1x damage from Electric moves.

Marshtomp (Water/Ground): Being a wet and slimy Pokémon, attacks involving grabs or holds are difficult to execute. It may also use its fin to detect things happening in the arena.

[Water]: Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath and/or breathe under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.

[Ground]: Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).

Boomer starts us off today by zipping through the air, letting off his species' trademark buzzing sound and he flies. He swoops down towards Pertti, and releases a group of big, slow, purple rings that float towards Pertti. As Boomer pulls out of his dive after releasing the rings, Pertti runs away in a quick burst of agility, sliding across the deck towards the pool and escaping the hypnotic rings. Pertti turns back around to face the harassing dragonfly as Boomer sweeps back around for another pass. Boomer zooms in, this time releasing red rings of energy, but this time instead of being hypnotic these rings are of the painful variety. As the rings buzz through the air Pertti charges up a wad of electrical energy around his hand and jumps up and punches Boomer with it as he flies above him, knocking the bug off its balance and into the deck, mere inches away from the edge of the pool, if he had slid any further he'd have ended up drowned like so many little bugs in backyard pools during the summertime. Pertti comes back down to the deck and lands on one knee just as the buzzing rings impact, knocking him down as well.

Summary:

Boomer has taken quite a bit of damage from that punch and is currently sprawled across the deck. not too tired though, so once back in the air should be good.

Pertti has also taken a bit of damage, albeit less than his foe. He's currently on the deck as well and his energy is looking swell. Electric energy is mostly gone though, might fuel another small T-punch.

Anzzi orders.

PASBL

Old 03-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #11
Cloneblazer12

Just to let you know, according to this, as well as this, Marshtomp does NOT learn Thunder Punch.

Last edited by Cloneblazer12; 03-28-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Cloneblazer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:49 AM   #12
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

Sorry, I must have looked at the same time Abra's attacks and mixed up them with Marshtomp's attacks.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:45 AM   #13
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

I meant Ice Punch!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #14
Cloneblazer12

Sorry, but its too late to reorder.

Reref please.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #15
deh74
Noted homosexual

Jesus Christ! I must have misread it as well. Kids, let this serve as a lesson to you that it is imperative that you always do your research at all times, lest you be called out and embarrassed. Thank you for catching that Cloneblazer, you will have a rereffing once I get home in a couple hours.

PASBL

Old 03-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #16
Cloneblazer12

Thats fine, everyone makes mistakes.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #17
Cloneblazer12

Bump cuz third page.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #18
deh74
Noted homosexual

Round one, take two: Let's just get this started already.

The RMS American glides calmly through the glass-like waters of the Mediterranean as two trainers take their places at each end of the deck. Looking at each other, squinting because of the hot summer sun they release their balls at each other, which pop open, revealing the creatures within. For Cloneblazer, there is a Yanma named Boomer, and for Anzzi, we have Pertti the Marshtomp. Neither side looks to have too big of an advantage, so let's get started already. Here are your SC's.

Quote:
Yanma (Bug/Flying): Yanma makes a humming noise as it flaps its wings. This makes it easier to locate, however, the noise is very irritating close up, and any Pokémon within 10 feet of Yanma have a 10% chance of flinching from the sound (20% if the Pokémon has sensitive hearing). Yanma can see in the dark.
[Bug]: Bugs can, in most case, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike cold.
[Flying]: Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation. When standing on the ground, they take 1x damage from Electric moves.

Marshtomp (Water/Ground): Being a wet and slimy Pokémon, attacks involving grabs or holds are difficult to execute. It may also use its fin to detect things happening in the arena.
[Water]: Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath and/or breathe under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
[Ground]: Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
Boomer starts us off today by zipping through the air, letting off his species' trademark buzzing sound and he flies. He swoops down towards Pertti, and releases a group of big, slow, purple rings that float towards Pertti. As Boomer pulls out of his dive after releasing the rings, Pertti runs away in a quick burst of agility, sliding across the deck towards the pool and escaping the hypnotic rings. Pertti turns back around to face the harassing dragonfly as Boomer sweeps back around for another pass. Boomer zooms in, this time releasing red rings of energy, but this time instead of being hypnotic these rings are of the painful variety. As the rings buzz through the air Pertti hears his trainer yell something about thunder and punching? Thisleads to Pertti standing on the deck, perplexed at his new orders before he gets laid out on the deck by the red rings of buzzing energy as they slam into him.

Summary:

Boomer took no damage! He's not too tired either and will totally be good for another two-mover
Pertti has also taken a bit of damage. He's currently laid out on the deck, but his energy is looking swell, which is a plus.
Anzzi orders.

General things:
-When an order is given for a pokemon to use a move which they do not know, as was the case here, they will likely not do anything as they will be confused. You did not get a re-order for this because I personally believe that it is important for people to learn things the hard way and have to live with the consequences of their mistakes, while still being able to try again later and improve themselves. Don't let this discourage you though, as I did something similar to this once as well before my ref pointed me towards a really useful site which I will link below. I also had to submit three ref applications before I was accepted, but I perservered and am now a ref as you can hopefully tell.

http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/marshtomp

PASBL

Old 04-08-2014, 05:32 AM   #19
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

Try to slow Yanma down with 2x Icy Wind.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #20
Cloneblazer12

Fly up and away while giving him an Air Slash. Then Silver Wind
Old 04-18-2014, 04:51 AM   #21
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

Is deh going to continue reffing or what?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:43 PM   #22
Cloneblazer12

He said he would ref another round, but thats not gonna happen. Ill put this in the ref queue and see where this goes.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:27 AM   #23
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
And, as if by magic, the referee appeared. Will look to get this reffed by the end of Monday, but I have one or two family commitments.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #24
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Round 2: So I Lied

SPEEEEEED!

Pertti, whose name I will likely misspell countless times, fires off an Icy Wind! Boomer begins to rise up, but can’t get high enough before the wind makes an impact. Damage is dealt, though reduced due to distance and height, and Boomer’s wings slow down, if only just a touch. Boomer responds with an Air Slash. This deals damage and stuff!

Boomer continues to rise as Pertti fires off another Icy Wind. Again, it hits for reduced damage. Boomer then stops rising and fires off a Silver Wind. Damage. I will write better next time, this is just to get it up now.

Summary

Distance hasn’t actually helped Boomer much, as he can’t rise too quickly while focusing on attacks, and he took some ridiculous damage here. Energy is ok right now though. No fatigue just yet.

Pertti is ahead on both counts now. Definitely no fatigue problems, as he’s used less this round and had a 1 mover last round. Ice reserves around half.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #25
Cloneblazer12

thanks for reffing Sal.

Remain above him as you give him a Bug Buzz. If he uses an Ice move, Protect. If not, Bug Buzz.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL