Salamencia (C) Vs. EmeraldGoblin (A)
4 vs. 4
Singles
Equilevel
Slapstick
72 hour DQ
Return = KO
Forest Arena

Now, here's a match between two trainers with great potential. In the Challenger box, we have Salamencia, the more experienced of the two Trainers and somebody who hopes to one day become the latest Flying Gym Leader. On the Acceptor box, we have EmeraldGoblin, whose sprites and token imagery have beguiled many individuals. Battle stations, allons-y!

So we're all clear on the rules:
- This match is a singles match. Both trainers use one Pokemon at a time.
- Both trainers submit a squad of 6 Pokemon and only 4 will be used in this match. A trainer loses when 4 of their Pokemon are KO'd.
- Switching out is considered a KO unless the Pokemon is recalled by a switching move such as U-Turn or Baton Pass.

The match will progress as follows:
- Sal posts his squad.
- EmeraldGoblin posts his squad and send out his first Pokemon.
- Sal sends out his first Pokemon and orders an attack.
- EmeraldGoblin orders an attack
- Schadenfreude refs the battle, and then the battle order reverses.
- EmeraldGoblin orders an attack.
- Salamencia orders an attack.
And so on...

The arena that I have chosen for this match is the Forest Arena:

Quote:
Forest (Outdoor. Advanced Arena for Outdoor Battles): An advanced level arena, not recommended for novice referees or trainers. A densely wooded forest. Most attacks will have to center around using the arena to your advantage, as there is very little room to move between the trees. Fire based attacks could prove deadly to both sides, for with so many trees the fire will probably spread quickly.
Optional Special Rules: Bamboo Forest. Rainforest. (May have one or the other or neither, but not both.) May not have Announcer, Artificial Lighting (Any), Battle Platforms, Grandstand, Onlookers, Stadium.

I will be reffing the standard 6/9 and x2/x3 for SE. Let us begin.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
I have no idea where you heard I wanted to be Flying GL, Schaden, but Psychic has always been my type. Thanks for picking this up though; here's hoping this finishes quicker than the match I picked up for you.

Anyway, good luck EG. If my Inkay were evolved, I might have gone mad with the Psychics. As it stands, I'll have to disappoint you with my squad selection. Tokens first:

Spoiler: show
Harvester's Token
The Harvester's Token denotes one's prowess in caring for and farming the bounties of nature. It can be attached to Grass type pokémon only and greatly enhances their natural abilities. Rain will heal them by a mild amount each round, sunlight will regenerate them mild energy each round, healing moves cost half their usual energy cost and draining moves are much more efficient. This token may be purchased during the week long Thanksgiving event and may be purchased up to one time per trainer.
Attached to Tetsu the Torterra.

Tetsu: Male Torterra (Level 4)
Tetsu is a real team player. Always looking out for his friends in and out of battle. With intelligence to go with his kindness, Tetsu is the stability of the group, helping all ‘mon to co-operate.
After a while of training, I realised he was lacking something. Despite his Ground type moves allowing him to fight Fire types well, he still wasn’t that capable in battle. I eventually remembered the meaning behind the name I gave him. “Iron”. Inspiration was flowing, and I got to work teaching him Steel moves, some knowledge of the type already fresh in my mind from using my Scizor before it left the team.

Hidden Power: Ground
Special Training: Iron Will (Typeless)
Due to his training, Tetsu is considered familiar with Steel type moves, increasing his Steel energy pool to the level of a Water type’s Ice energy pool. He has also learned Heavy Slam and Flash Cannon. However, he can no longer use Double Edge, Sand Tomb, Leech Seed, Swagger, Substitute, Curse or Amnesia.
Attached: Harvester's Token

Hank: Male Primeape (Level 4)
Hidden Power: Dark
No Signature Move

Zeke: Male Tauros (Level 4)
Zeke is a relatively new member, but this doesn't stop him acting like one of the original members. He's rather friendly, and constantly tries to place himself among other members of the group. He's also easily irritated, as one might expect from a Tauros. But he's fitted in well, partly due to a suspected crush on Belle, the Miltank on my squad.
I caught Zeke a little while after all the Gen V nonsense settled in, and one of the newly discovered Pokemon, Bouffalant, has rather bothered him. While Bouffalant does have an afro, which is perhaps its only selling point against Tauros aesthetically, it seems to have been given a lot of love by its creators. In particular, it can somehow use Swords Dance, yet Zeke can't naturally use it. This really irritated him, and he worked hard to remedy the problem.

Hidden Power: Fighting
Special Training: SCREW YOU BOUFFALANT!
Due to his training, Zeke can now use Swords Dance.

Helia: Female Typhlosion (Level 4)
I met her in an alley when she was just a Cyndaquil, fending for herself. She finds it hard to open up to others, but is a loyal companion when she trusts someone. She can hold her own well in a battle, but never seems to be able to trust her opponents after the battle is over.
Hidden Power: Grass
No Signature Move

Pierre: Male Mr. Mime (Level 4)
Pierre is French. Or, that’s what he would have others believe. In reality, Pierre is a born and bred Brit. However, he was inspired by Marcel Marceau (the professional mime, not LC’s Mr. Mime, although said Mime is cool too) at a young age, and has decided to try and become as like his hero has possible. Therefore, he has taken the name of Pierre, and has stopped speaking completely, communicating only through mime. He is even silent in his sleep.
Hidden Power: Rock
No Signature Move

Buzz: Male Galvantula (Level 4)
Hidden Power: Water
No Signature Move

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Tokens:

Black Belt (5 SP) - This Token increases the power of Fighting type moves by 10%. It causes the move Fling to deal Fighting type damage if it is thrown.
Currently Attached to: Gyatso: Level 3 Male Electabuzz

Reaper's Token (10 SP) - This attachable item can only be given to Ghost type pokémon. If the pokémon wearing this token has the ability to change in to the Invisible state, they are able to do so for three turns instead of the usual two and enjoy perfect invisibility where they might usually have left an icy glimmer or some other give away. If the selected pokémon does not already possess the ability to change in to the Invisible state, they gain the ability to do so for two turns, leaving a slight give away when they do so such as the glint of an eye or the glow of an ectoplasmic body. Ghosts wearing this token are also granted an increased ability to trick their opponents. This item causes the move Fling to deal Ghost type damage if it is thrown. This token is available only during the Halloween 2013 sale and may be purchased by trainers up to once.
Currently Attached to: Eska: Level 2 Genderless Rotom

Charcoal (5 SP) - This Token increases the power of Fire type moves by 10%. It causes the move Fling to deal Fire type damage if it is thrown.
Currently Attached to: Hiroshi: Level 4 Male Drapion (Uplevel)

Gyatso: Level 4 Male Electabuzz
Electabuzz (Electric): If an Electabuzz sees the color red, it may launch into a blind rage. While in this rage, an Electabuzz’s attack is doubled, at the expense of a halved defense. A trainer may, with a note in their bio, however, say they’ve trained Electabuzz not to respond to red. However, Electabuzz will lose the ability to go into this rage if they do so.
[Electric]: Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
Biography:
Cuddly, electrifying, and playful, Gyatso is great asset to my squad, and a valuable friend. His favorite past time is to be a drag queen, pursuing his dream in the areas of pagents. His dream is to one day be the winner of RuPokemon's Drag Race. He wants to be a Drag Queen Superstar, hunty. To do so, he has mastered the art of of eleganza. He uses the element of ice to embody a beautiful physique, creating all of his padding from ice. He found that the most efficient way to do so is to create a beam of ice rather than punching his body with ice. His source of inspiration were a pack of Froslass, who has a perfect feminine silhouette to mimic. He kept observing them and eventually learned how to use one of their icy tactics in one simple move.

Special Training: Eleganza extravaganza! [IC]
Gyatso learned how to use ice beam. He can no longer use ice punch, Focus Punch, and Mega Punch.
Hidden Power: Fire
Attached Token: Black Belt Token

Eska: Level 4 Genderless Rotom
Rotom (Electric/Ghost): Rotom is considered permanently in 'plasma' state, which counts as the Gaseous state, and cannot achieve the solid, ethereal or invisible states. However, it can pass through walls in this 'plasma' state and is able to occupy objects for a much longer time than other Ghosts. While occupying an object on the battlefield, it will take full damage from attacks if that object is hit with attacks. Despite these abilities, Rotom cannot stay in walls, floors, or other significant surfaces for any longer than the typical ghost. Despite being locked out of the physical state, it takes only 10% extra damage from special moves. Rotom is very fast and able to turn corners sharply and instantly. It can levitate to about waist height of its trainer. Rotom may change 'formes' and bond itself more permanently with an object, thus changing its moves, abilities, typing and appearance (see Ghost Information for more details).
[Electric]: Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
[Ghost]: Ghosts are resistant to attacks which induce confusion or other mental effects and are immune to telekinetic-based Psychic moves if not in the solid state (though will still take damage from Psychic moves regardless of state). They cannot be poisoned. Ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night and can see in the dark, though they are not put off by fighting in the day. Their fear inducing attacks are more effective than those used by other pokémon. Ghost-types take neutral damage from Normal, Fighting and typeless attacks in the ASB, as opposed to in the games, but some may change their state in order to evade certain moves. See Ghost Pokémon Information for details on states.
Biography: Not Available
No Signature Move

Attached Token: Reaper’s Token

Koko: Level 4 Male Galvantula
Galvantula: (Bug/Electric) Galvantula are excellent climbers. Much like Ariados, they are able to travel using their String Shot, which is slightly charged with electrical energy and can do slight electrical damage on contact.
[Bug]: Bugs can, in most case, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike cold.
Biography: Not Available
No Signature Move

Pabu: Level 4 Male Furret
Furret (Normal): A Furret’s body is long and extremely flexible. While neither the fastest nor the most agile, they are able to bend their bodies adequately to avoid attacks or get into areas that other Pokémon cannot.
[Normal]: Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. In the ASB, Normal types take 100% damage from Ghost type moves.
[Fire]: Fire types love hot temperatures. Most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of Magby, Magmar, Slugma and Magcargo). If a fire Pokémon has a flame somewhere on its body, it will take extra damage if a water attack hits the flame. Otherwise, fire Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except for the above 4 Pokémon, who will take damage the longer they are in the water). Instead of being automatically 2x weak to Water, they take 150% of the damage if hit on their bodies, but take 210+% if hit on open flames.

Biography:

All the sentret and furret used to live in harmony in the forest. Everything change once the evil bellsprout gang attacked. Only the fire element could stop them, but when the forest needed a fire type the most, they vanished. 2 years have passed by, and a sentret family could no longer stand idly. They went to the tin tower to implore help from the benevolent Ho-oh. In his almighty wisdom, he decided that for him to help, they must first sacrifice their first egg as a couple to him. The sentret family was angry with what they considered to be their god. They did not like his request. They abandoned all hope on their god.
The family moved to a quiet section in the forest where they had the chance to create offsprings. They managed to produce three eggs simultaneously.

One day, the family was low on resources, so the father stepped out to gather supplies for his wife, and his future children. The bellsprout gang continued on their two year tyrany, and later found the sentret family. They asked for the family to either give up their belongings or face slavery. The mother was hopeless and could not protect her newly formed eggs. In the midst of attempting to roar them away, she hid one of her eggs inside a hole large enough to fit the egg within the tree behind her. The bellsprout gang gathered what they though were the only two eggs, and sold them in the black market. However, they kept the mother as a slave.
The father returned to his secluded area where he left his family to only find a destroyed home. The father was devastated, depressed, and destroyed. Suddenly, he hears a faint heart beat near the tree; it was one of his remaining future child in a pokemon egg. Enraged, he did the unthinkable; he took his egg as an offering to Ho-oh, so his God could take care once and for all of what the father deemed as evil, the bellsprout gang. Surprised that the father actually presented an offering of this magnitude, Ho-oh questioned the furret and asked him if he truly wanted him to consume his remaining child. The furret in desperation and in anger said yes. Ho-oh looked at the man, and in a beautiful display of fire and wing movement, he encased the egg burning feathers.

From ashes, Ho-oh showed the furret his initial wish, which was a fire warrior that would even the grounds against the evil bellsprout. Thus from the ashes, Pabu was born. Pabu's eyes were teary, and grateful at Ho-oh's mercy. It was Ho-oh's blessing that ushered in a Normal/Fire Sentret. Pabu went on for 3 years, and slowly saved the forest. Ironically with the power of fire, he was able to restore balance to the forest, and eventually track down his mother, and two siblings. They were for the first time the happy family they were meant to be. Until I came along. I saw this strange red-orange looking Sentret, and used Iroh to put him to sleep. I then proceeded to capture him.

Special Training: Ho Oh’s Blessing [NO/FI]
/
Pabu is a unique Sentret that is part fire. As being both normal and fire, he is weak to all of the expected attributes associated with this typing such as 2x weakness to water, rock, ground, fighting. One thing to note though, he can still avoid strong ground attacks that require vibration or movement of the ground below him if he stands on his tail. He has also mastered the use of flame charge, flame wheel, and will-o-wisp.
With Pabu's unique qualities, also come some drawbacks. He is no longer able to use Water Pulse, Surf, aqua tail, nor can he use rain dance, as that will make him feel out of place. He cannot use thief, attract, trick, focus punch, Ice beam, Double Edge, Double Team, nor facade.

Hidden Power: Water

Wan Shi Tong: Level 4 Male Sigilyph
Sigilyph: (Psychic/Flying) Sigilyph don’t actually fly, but rather appear to float. Their floating is quite dynamic and resembles flying, but they can stop their momentum and change direction easily.
[Psychic]: Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
[Flying]: Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation.
Biography: Day seven. The Xatu tribe still believe me to be a long lost evolution. They keep feeding me, and teaching me the ways of the Xatu. Incognito mode has fully kicked in, and they are starting to share their secrets. A magical stick is passed among the Xatu, it seems as form of bonding. The magical stick has passed by Wa Shi Tong's lower fork tail several times. Eventually he learned how to pass the stick himself, really feeling joyful that he feels like one of them now.

Special Training: Passing as one of Them [NO]
Wan Shi Tong learned baton pass from the fellow Xatu tribe. To blend in though, he lost the ability to use ice beam, charge beam, and double team.

Hiroshi: Level 5 Male Drapion (Uplevel)
Drapion (Poison/Dark): Drapion is able to rotate its head 360 degrees.
[Poison]: If not completely immune, poison types are highly resistant to poisoning.
[Dark]: Dark types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
Biography: Not Available.
No Signature Move.

Hidden Power: Electric
Attached Token: Charcoal Token

------------------
Gyatso, start us off!

Last edited by EmeraldGoblin; 02-28-2014 at 06:40 PM.
EmeraldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Ah. Erm. Hmm. Primeape? Primeape. Hank, that's you.

Swift, followed by Secret Power.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #5
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Psychic, Follow up by Discharge.

Last edited by EmeraldGoblin; 02-28-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
ROUND 1: Status Update?
Primeape vs Electabuzz

Welcome to the Forest Arena. Majestic trees sprout forth, as kings of nature, as their branches and roots venture outward in veins of green and wood. Moist permeates the air, like a sharp knife. Between the rustling leaves, cascading beams of sunshine careen through as gentle glows which illuminate the loamy moss that carpets the forest floor. High up the canopy, various Venonat swing like chimes, as Beautifly glimmer in the gentle warmth. These wild Pokémon watch warily from their hidden perches in the tallest peaks. A small brook trickles across, zigzagging across a few sprightly ferns and a lattice of vines. Amid the caws of Pidgeys, two Trainers slide over the tree-roots and approach one another. They glance at one another and nod. Straightening up, the Trainers know that this Rainforest will become an abode of battle, at least very soon. Their hands flit to their PokéBalls.

The Referee, a young man wearing a whistle, speaks aloud:

"We now begin the Pokémon Match between Salamencia and EmeraldGoblin," he says, opening his palms. "Here is the data on their chosen Pokémon."

Quote:
Primeape (Fighting): Mankey and Primeape interpret being stared in the eyes a challenge to their authority. Thus, any eye contact attacks an opponent uses will raise Mankey or Primeape’s attack power and energy use for the next two rounds. During these two rounds, Mankey and Primeape will attack the one who did the staring incessantly, and will ignore any orders to attack something else.
[Fighting]: Fighting Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them slightly greater endurance and energy.

Electabuzz (Electric): If an Electabuzz sees the color red, it may launch into a blind rage. While in this rage, an Electabuzz’s attack is doubled, at the expense of a halved defense. A trainer may, with a note in their bio, however, say they’ve trained Electabuzz not to respond to red. However, Electabuzz will lose the ability to go into this rage if they do so.
The Referee says loudly, "And let's begin in three... two... one. Release!"

From the red lights of PokéBalls converge a ferocious Primeape and an arrogant biped from the Electabuzz species. At first, the two eye each other with caution, since both Pokémon are putative fighters, after all. However, the battle erupts with bedlam. Snarling, Hank the Primeape brings his fists together and spawns a bevy of white stars. With a crack, these Swift stars carom towards Electabuzz. This Electabuzz is not called Gyatso for an asinine reason, though: he has tricks up his sleeve. As the first Swift stars cut his skin and scintillate like burnished copper, Gyatso thrusts out his palms. And a tidal wave of Psychic energy lurches. Blasting away the rest of these solid stars, a telekinetic burst crashes into Primeape as though he were made of flimsy styrofoam. Primeaple grunts with irritation, when the invisible tsunami slams him into one of many buttressed trees, sending bristle and bark everywhere.

Schadenfreude bubbles within Electabuzz, warming his cheeks with sardonic glee. Eager to expand his lead, Gyatso braces to gather sizzle electricity towards his fingertips. Crackles rebound outwards as pallbearers for an electrical Discharge. Electabuzz meets Primeaple's gaze. And then the arc of built-up power discharges, burning through the crisp forest air to sear Hank like a Sunday roast. Choked, Primeape tries to shield his face to no avail. Nearby Pidgeys flock in the closest tree, like Christmas ornaments. They watch the battle with disinterested trepidation.

Primeape grimaces. At the moment, the situation isn't the best for him. Although paralysis has eluded him through some thin stroke of fair fortune, Hank knows only a sliver of damage has scratched Electabuzz. Righteous anger floods him. The situation must be rectified. His master needed this battle, and it could not end with such dismal failure. Glancing at his opponent, he clenched his hands. Retribution.

Glowing in a magenta aura, Hank howls and pounces onto Electabuzz without further hesitation. Gyatso can only sputter when a fist imbued with some sort of Secret Power connects with his mouth, injecting a revolting powder. The taste of peppery bitterness. As Electabuzz shoves Primeape away, Primeape smirks. Despite the lack of confusion, drowsiness or even poison in Gyatso's demeanour, Hank felt a pulse of victory. Finally, proper damage has been dealt, and we can finally begin.

---

Electabuzz has used more energy than Primeape and has tapped into his limited Psychic energies. This referee is uncertain whether Gyatso will be able to pump out another of those waves. Primeape has also used a sizeable amount of energy, although he is faring better than Electabuzz.

Electabuzz has taken only a smidge more than a solid hit and is otherwise leading the health race. Conversely, Primeape has taken a great smack of damage, although he is luckily not paralysed.

Neither Pokémon is statused, and both are within melée range. A flock of Pidgeys are resting in a nearby tree and unless their branch is disturbed, one doubts that they would intervene in any way.

-EmeraldGoblin to order

Last edited by Schadenfreude; 03-01-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Use Screech to interrupt his actions. Follow up with psywave.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #8
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Focus Energy to keep yourself capable, then counter that Psywave with a Hidden Power.

WF

Old 03-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #9
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 2: Birds of a Feather
Primeape vs Electabuzz

Rippling, the bucolic forest flows into chaos as Electabuzz takes a deep breath. A piercing Screech rents the air. While the Pidgeys in the adjacent tree squawk in shock against the disconcerting wails coming from Electabuzz, the opposing Primeape feels a crease of agitation which spikes as whetted knives inside his eardrums. Pained, Hank bows his head to his body. The thought of Focus is temporarily lost, with the first attempts to gather that Energy aborted in the shrieks of disruptions.

Viewing a window of opportunity, Electabuzz disinters his impetus. The monster's eyes glow with turquoise when Electabuzz fires a series of four rings, tessellating with Psychic Waves, towards Primeape. Hank, shaking off the vestiges from that Screech, simultaneously prepares a constellation of orbs containing a Hidden Power from a Darker enterprise. In that split second, fortune could favour either challenge, and only the dice of the forest spirits can determine the beneficiary of Lady Luck.

As Primeape would have it, the Hidden Power finds fortune and tears through Electabuzz's rings, dispersing the Psychic energy with Dark energy. Although the orbs do not reach Electabuzz and touch him, some do thump against the nearby tree. At this point, the Pidgeys have had enough. After that Screech, the metaphorical straw is broken.

Before either Pokémon can react, the flock exhibit their Uproar at this chaos. Both Electabuzz and Primeape cringe, blocking their ears at the awful sound. Pain in evident in both their faces.

Satisfied, the Pidgeys fly away into another tree far away from the battle. Their retribution has delivered.

---

Despite the advantageous first round, Electabuzz has used more energy than Primeape in this round, expending all of his Psychic reserves. Primeape did not receive the benefits of Focus Energy, although that Hidden Power had worked as intended. Dark energy still remains.

Both Pokémon took equal damage, which is only the Uproar from Pidgeys who have now left the battle for a faraway tree.

-Salamencia to order.

Last edited by Schadenfreude; 03-06-2014 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #10
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

HP dark doesnt have pursuit-esque effects, could you please adjust the round? O:
Old 03-06-2014, 03:54 AM   #11
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Voila! Edited.

Sal to order.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #12
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Seed Bomb, followed by another of them Secret Power things.

WF

Old 03-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #13
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quick Attack to dodge seed bomb. Follow up with a dynamic punch as he uses secret power.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #14
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 3: The Dynamic Duo
Primeape vs Electabuzz

Every day, one learns new surprises, and Primeape holds that aphorism quite close to his heart. Taking a page out of that metaphorical book of adages, Hank summons some chartreuse energy and spits out globs of Seeds as a barrage. Apparently, Fighting Pokémon can learn Grass-type moves. Only one or two of these seeds actually reach Electabuzz, though, when the Electric Pokémon Quickly scurries out of the way. In the next second, Electabuzz slams into Primeape's flank, preemptively ending the Bombs with an Attack before Primeape can spit the rest out. One or two Seeds bounce harmlessly on the loamy forest-floor.

The next exchange is more brutal. Parrying like musky swordsmen, Primeape closes the distance between him and Electabuzz with a fist imbued with Secret Power. As the blow injects slivers of magenta, Electabuzz winces and prepares his own stratagem. Anger ignites within Gyatso, as though the Secret Power itself were fuelling the fury with gasoline. And a fist of Dynamic light, trembling with ruin, Punches into Primeape like a train. A booming explosion, slamming Primeape into another tree as the Fighter slumps as a wearied rag-doll.

After gathering his bleary bearings, Primeape manages to find cognisance again and pulls himself off the ground. The blow hurts. Across the forest, Electabuzz glares back. The tension lays thick.

Unbeknownst to this dynamic duo, however, is a seam of poison itching its way through Electabuzz's system. A Secret Power's secret effects, indeed.

---

Primeape has taken a beating this round, greater than Electabuzz has. He is lucky that he's avoided confusion, although he is probably still rather dazed from that Dynamic Punch explosion and hence might be a little slower to respond in the next Round. No confusion from the punch, however.

Electabuzz has used a good chunk of its Fighting pools, although its Fauxmiliarity to Fighting energy helps those Reserves noticeably. Primeape has only used a smidgeon of Grass in a shortened Seed Bomb. Objectively, Electabuzz has used more energy overall.

Electabuzz is now Poisoned (non-Toxic), courtesy of Secret Power.

-EmeraldGoblin to order.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #15
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Discharge. If he is paralyzed then remain evasive. If he is not, then use another Discharge.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #16
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

SF, what's your stance regarding Agility's use under paralysis? I mean, I know I ref that kind of thing working, but IIRC it's one of those "ref's discretion" scenarios so.

While I'm asking, any deep breathing from either 'mon?

WF

Old 03-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #17
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamencia View Post
SF, what's your stance regarding Agility's use under paralysis? I mean, I know I ref that kind of thing working, but IIRC it's one of those "ref's discretion" scenarios so.

While I'm asking, any deep breathing from either 'mon?
Hey Sal, I believe the current ruling from the LOs is that Agility would clear paralysis but none of the additional benefits of LT Agility would get in. Does that sense to you?

Primeape might need to catch his breath after that explosion, but neither Pokemon is breathing too deeply at the moment. It's still anybody's game, really.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #18
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Oh cool. That's exactly how I ref it, so if that's now law then brilliant.

Anyway, let's have an Earthquake. Move forward for a Dynamicpunch, but replace this with a long-term Agility if you find your muscles locking up.

WF

Old 03-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #19
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 4: Earthquake
Primeape vs Electabuzz

Religion edifies us about the adage "eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". Frustrated from the poisonous effects, Electabuzz epitomises this aphorism, embodying it when he gathers a surge of electricity and Discharges. Tendrils of shimmering power arc outwards like fired arrows, as they embed themselves into Primeape. Agonised, Primeape howls. Twitches travel up his arm. When he rests against a tree for support, Electabuzz cracks his knuckles for another assault. Revenge may be a dish best served cold, but retribution is a dish best served with a crackle. Primeaple is lucky that he is not yet paralysed because another train of horror was careening his way.

Electabuzz receives a nasty surprise, though, when Primeape slams his hands against the ground. As each fist charges with shockwaves of geokinetism, an Earthquake blasts into Electabuzz. The waves of Ground energy slam into Electabuzz, flipping him backwards onto a pine tree. Gyatso winces. Every nerve in his body seems as though they are cauterised with a burning torch, scorching. The urge to quit grows. Then Electabuzz catches his Trainer's eyes, buoyant with concern but determination. Electabuzz wishes to win this battle for his master's Gym Leader aspirations. He had to win.

Nodding to himself, Electabuzz works past the extreme pain and Discharges another wave of electricity at Primeape. When the tendrils sizzle Primeape, this time he appears more affected. Limbs and ligaments lock, like rusty gears, and Primeape quivers without any substantive movement. Paralysis, with its immobilising touch. Finally, Electabuzz's Trainer thinks to himself, we've evened out the status odds.

However, Primeape has plenty of his sleeve. Taking a deep breath, Primeape lifts up his arms and allows soothing glides of Agility awaken his limbs, as though they are in a deep hibernation. Once again, the ligaments tauten and the limbs loosen with limbering. Although Primeape has only returned to his previous speed, at least the thoughts of paralysis are gone.

---

Primeape has used less energy than Electabuzz, who has taken more damage than Primeape due to super-effectiveness. The translation is that was a good round for Primeape, relatively. However, Primeape probably does not have enough Earthquake left in him, which opens a window of opportunity for Electabuzz.

Both Pokémon are ten feet apart from one another.

Electabuzz is now Poisoned (non-Toxic), and it will probably kick in the next Round. No paralysis for Primeape.

-Salamencia in to order.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Can I get a rough idea of how worn in total both Pokemon are?

WF

Old 03-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #21
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

You have overall health and energy updates. Is that what you'd like?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #22
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

In short, yes. No need to be as specific as I am, but I'd like some idea of how doomed each side is. I am taking this way too seriously. ;;

EDIT: Ok that makes no sense to me. What I mean is "no need for quarterly milestones".

WF

Old 03-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #23
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Official Update Time!

I've run through everything, and here it is!

Primeape: Leaving first quarter of energy and approach halfway point. Below halfway for health, and in the final third. You have a very good energy advantage on Electabuzz and afford to shoot out some more powerful attacks.

Electabuzz: Around the halfway point for energy and are bit tired energy-wise. Need to be careful and think about more one-rounders, or else will lose energy at an increasing rate. Still above halfway point for health, extending that health lead, although Poison will kick in soon.

Both are ten feet apart from one another.

Primeape can kick out more attacks but is running low of health, and Electabuzz is way more tired but just needs to snipe off enough of Primeape's health before the poison becomes an actual issue.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #24
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Cheers SF; you've done a cracking job so far and I didn't want to undermine that. Just felt a more detailed update would help.

Low Sweep followed by Dynamicpunch. Proper attacking will perhaps happen later.

WF

Old 03-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #25
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Strength to pick him up by the foot as he comes in for the low sweep. Smash him into the ground. Screech him out of Dynamic Punch.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL