UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

UPN PASBL: Mane VS. akaFila

Hoy! Here I am, for my first match as a ref on UPN.
From one side is Mane, a newbie which I don't know much... Nothing. He probably doesn't know me, so we're friends already. From the other, is akaFila! I have read his name several times, but I don't really know him.
Anyway, match specifications:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS
Mane(C) vs. akaFila(A)
3 vs 3
singles
Equilevel 1
Slapstick
24 hour DQ
Return=KO
Ref's Choice

Hey! My pick?! Nice! We're going to play on my custom arena, then. It's fairly simple, not needed to be an advanced trainer or any stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena
City of Music:
Outdoor Arena.

A big city, that one being Avenida Paulista, in Brazil:
http://www.giroinsampa.com.br/wp-con...paulista-2.jpg
However, the city is quiet and it's always night, with 50% of chance to start a small drizzle at the end of the fifth round, since the weather is cloudy. The drizzle is weak, and may not give much problems to Fire type pokémons.
Several postlamps illuminate the arena, meaning no pokémon will be hindered by the supposed lack of light. However, they can be destroyed, and it's easily done so.
The terrain is extremely hard, though it can still be damaged, it's really difficult to. In the avenue, there's a big, red building, in which the combatants can enter to fight. The building have several statues, art, and much more stuff related to art (if a trainer says there's X item there, it's there, as long as reasonable). There's a really weak light inside the building.
Ghost and Dark pokémon does not fight enthusiastic here; Pokémon that live in urban areas usually feel more in home here.
At the end of each round, one music of the following genres will play during the whole next round
Metal (any of its subgenres)
Rock
Samba
Electronic
Indie
Folk
Rap

The following pokémons' types receive the following boosts:
If Metal; Steel type Pokémons gets a 15% boost in its attacks, in exchange of using 10% more energy to perform physical attacks
If Rock; All Dark, Ghost and Poison pokémons get a 15% boost in their attacks, in exchange of using 10% more energy to perform a special attack
If Samba; Grass and Water type pokémons receives a 10% boost in their defenses, and use 10% less energy to execute any grass or water move.
If Electronic; All Electric type pokémons receives a 15% boost in their Electric type attacks, in exchange of using 10% more energy. Their electric type moves have a less charge time.
If Indie; All Normal and Flying type pokémon use 25% less energy to perform any Normal or Flying Move.
If Folk; All Fairy, Dragon and Fire type pokémons receives a 15% boost in their defenses and reduce the energy usage of their STABs by 10%.
If Rap; All Fighting type pokémons receive a 15% boost in physical attacks, and use 10% less energy to perform them. Fear inducing attacks are rendered useless.
Ref's choice.
Pokémon with sensitive hearing may get annoyed by the song, but it doesn't give them much problem.

Special Rules:
Type enhancement (Music), Night Fight, Artificial Light, Buildings, Easily destroyed (art, statues, postlamps).
If you guys don't want to battle on this one, we can change! Maybe something simple would be better.

Anyway, match goes as:
-Mane post his squad of 6
-akaFila post his squad of 6 and send one of them to the battle
-Mane send one of them and give orders
-akaFila give orders
-I ref
-akaFila orders
-Mane orders
-I ref
And flip-flop de woop!

Mane, start, please!
Akanjão is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
Mane
Cascade Badge

Today I think I'll employ...

Leif, level 1 female Snivy

Caladbolg, level 1 male Honedge

Moro, level 2 female Mawile HP: Water

Xander, level 1 female Joltik

Lotus, level 1 male Espurr

and Zoro, a level 1 male Scyther.

Last edited by Mane; 02-28-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:39 AM   #3
akaFila
Boulder Badge

That arena tho~

Squad:
1. - "Slim"
Lv.1 - Magby(Male) - HP:Grass

2. - "Chester"
Lv.1- Sandshrew(Male) - HP: Electric

3. - "Corvo"
Lv.2 - Nuzleaf(Male) - HP: Dark

4. - "Dave"
Lv.1 - Gligar(Male) - HP: Fire

5. - "Wattson"
Lv.1 - Joltik(Male) - HP: Rock

6. - "Bacchus"
Lv.1 - Lotad(Male) - HP: Fire

I'll be starting off with Dave.

akaFila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #4
Mane
Cascade Badge

C'mon Lotus, let's see some spirit!

QC Substitute, then shoot em with Energy Ball!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Root it out with Razor Wind. Now, move in and get off a direct X-Scissor.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

Episode 1: Intensifies

Welcome to São Paulo! The land of everything! Beauty girls, heat and cold, cars and motorbikes, people and dogs!
From my left, Mane sends out a Espurr, known by the name of Lotus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC
Espurr (Psychic): Espurr's Psychic abilities are somewhat underdeveloped, requiring slightly more focus than normal to execute Psychic attacks. Using a move, it can raise its ears to expose its telepathic organ, giving it a slight boost to its Psychic attacks for a drop in accuracy.
[Psychic]: Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
From my right, Fila sends out a Gligar, known by the name of Dave! DaveTheBatBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC
Gligar (Flying/Ground): Gligar are not true fliers: instead, they glide. If needed to, however, they are able to fly for short distances, and their claws allow them to grab and climb relatively smooth surfaces. Gligar can see in the dark

[Flying]: Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation. When standing on the ground, they take 1x damage from Electric moves.
[Ground]: Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
Mane, quickly commands its Espurr to create a QC Substitute, which he does swiftly, creating a copy of himself and tricking Dave with its strategy! Tricked by the move, Dave decides to go offensive, and starts to flap its wings forcefully, releasing a powerful Razor Wind on the poor Substitute, making it fade quickly. As this happens, Lotus begins to gather grass type energy and shoot a [b]Energy Ball[b/] towards Gligar, which just hit the bat for some nasty damage!
Dave, annoyed by the attack, does exactly the same move, but with bug type energy instead, and condenses them on its claws. He finally run towards Lotus with his claws closed, and swiftly delivers a X-Scissor, which hits Lotus for some horrible damage, sending the poor one a few steps back, as he screams in pain from the move!
As he hit the ground, a Indie music starts to play, enhancing Flying and Normal pokémons!
"I loved so muuuuuch, I want you back! Back! You back!"
Airplanes

Summaries:
Lotus took a nasty X-Scissor right at the first round, and dropped through his first, already on his second third of health! Energy use was fair, but he's good for two and ready to rock! Grass can fuel another, a bit weakened Energy ball.
Dave done terrific! Take some damage, but still on his first. Energy use was quite good though, but he's good for two too. Bug can fuel another X-scissor!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:35 PM   #7
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Make another forward push and deliver a direct contact Earthquake. Afterward, Acrobatics before creating a few paces between yourself and your target.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #8
Mane
Cascade Badge

Blast him away from you and up with Psychic, then Charge Beam him as fast as you can!
Old 02-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #9
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

Episode 2: Hard & Heavy

Just in the right time, the round starts with Dave facing Espurr, both a bit far. The postlamps illuminate the arena, and they both face each other, listening to some indie music.
Dave takes the first move, and stomps on the ground angrily, setting off a Earthquake, and send it directly at Lotus, causing a nice damage once again.
Lotus retaliates by using Psychic powers to lift Dave. However, Dave is so heavy, he give up and decide to use the energy to perform a attack instead, sending the energy in form of a wave, sending Dave flying a few steps back, and force him to hit the postlamp, which tremble from the hit.
Dave, grounded, quickly gets up and flies towards Lotus with flying energy and releasing a swift Acrobatics on the Espurr, which takes another nasty damage from the hit. Dave retreats after the attack, and see Lotus releasing a Charge Beam at him, hitting Dave for some damage and increasing Lotus' special attack for quite a bit!
The round ends with both relatively far from each other. One of the postlamps, on the left side, is weak, and may fall if damaged. The clouds begin to appear and hide the full, bright moon.
The music stops, and a new one begins, this time a Heavy Metal!
"United, united, united we stand! United we never shall fall!"
United

Summaries:

Lotus took one nasty hit! Man, it hurted and he dropped below the halfway mark. Energy use was relatively high, but he's fine for two next round. He also have a boost on his special attack. Electric can fuel another Charge Beam!
As for Dave, he's doing well, but that round was tiring. The ground is hard and he used more energy than he thought he would use, this tired him quite a bit; However, doesn't yet need a break! As for his health, he took a solid hit and one other, but he's doing fine still, although on his second.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:20 AM   #10
Mane
Cascade Badge

Apparently I need to brush up more on what exactly you can do. Shoot another Charge Beam, then Assist because why not.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:41 AM   #11
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Aim to evade the beam with a quick burst of Agility. Immediately jump into another contact X-Scissor.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:28 AM   #12
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

Episode 3: Your Ref Is Slow

Oh guys, sorry me. I usually ref daily, but thing is, I was unsure about one of the moves. Here I am, and I'll be fast from now on! Feel free to bug me when needed!

As the music plays loud, Lotus gathers electric type energy again, and shot a Charge Beam towards Dave. The Gligar use Agility and quickly avoids the beam released by Lotus! As quick as he does that, his claws once again is charged with Bug type energy, and he so rushes against Lotus and hit him with a X-Scissor, which watches the the move hitting him from some nasty damage!
His hands glow purple and it sudden shots a Vine Whip directed at Dave, slapping him and making him scream in pain, as well as causing some damage.
The round ends with a nice Folk music playing~

Summaries:
Lotus is on his last third of health. Energy use was eh this round, but he's fine on that matter Electric is quite gone, maybe a Thunder Wave may come out of it.
As for Dave, just small damage here. Energy use was decent and he's tiring fast, just so you know. Bug is almost gone, but it can deal some small damage still, just not a X-scissor again.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:07 AM   #13
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Just go with a Return this round.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #14
Mane
Cascade Badge

Protect, then Rain Dance!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #15
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

Episode 4: The City of Rain

The round starts with Dave aiming to end with Lotus. Energised and happy from his actions on this battle, he charges towards Lotus, and attack him with Return!
Lotus, prepared for this already, create a protective barrier, and watches Dave hitting the barrier angry, as its attack has just failed. Lotus, happy because he managed to survive what'd kill him, begin to dance happily and call all cllouds, using a hefty Rain Dance! The clouds gather together, with little to no time as there had clouds already, and so begins to fall some water drops, which then just turn out to be a rain. The weak moon is finally gone, and with the rain, a Samba begins to play!

Summaries:
No damage to both sides, just some energy usage. Lotus used some really good energy; He has other things to worry, though! Luckily for him, he survived this round, hehe.
Dave, however, taken no damage and is fresh from the one mover!
The rain is falling and will stay for some turns.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #16
Mane
Cascade Badge

Lotus, just hit him with an Energy Ball. You did well buddy.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #17
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Try for another Return, and Slash afterward.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #18
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

Episode 5: Two Hits and Fall

As the music plays and the rain falls, Lotus, tired from this match already, form a ball full of grass energy, and releases it at Dave. The ball travels the city and rain at full speed, and explode on Dave when contact was made. The Gligar shakes his head off from the attack, and rushes towards Lotus! He gets near the poor Espurr, and attack him with Return! The Espurr manages to survive, but he just watches Dave sweeping on him once again, using a hefty and hurtful Slash on Lotus' chest. The Espurr falls unconscious, much to Fila and Dave's pleasure!
Lotus is unnable to battle! Your second pokémon and orders please, Mane!

Summaries:
That was fast. What a hurtful match. Well, and there's not much ocurring. Dave dropped just a bit below the halfway mark. Energy use was high, but he's fresh still. Pefect for two.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:15 AM   #19
Mane
Cascade Badge

I forgot that when you lose a Pokemon you post first by default. Sorry.

Go, Snivy! Try and slam him into the ground with Vine Whip! If that succeeds, Aqua Tail and if not, Coil up!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #20
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Grab hold of the incoming vines and try to swing it into a lamppost via Strength. Now, rush it with Poison Jab.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #21
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

Episode 6: A New Challenge Appears

Mane recalls his fallen partner from the wet arena and send out a Snivy, known by the name Leif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC
Snivy: (Grass) Snivy, as a young snake, is a fairly swift and agile Pokémon, and the most agile of its line. Its body and coloring allow it to easily hide amongst trees and grass.
[Grass]: Grass types live anywhere that can support vegetation, though most prefer temperate to tropical climates. Grass types enjoy both bright sun and rain. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls

Leif, the Snivy, start out by using its Vine Whip to hit Dave. He takes a small damage from it and grabs onto Dave! As soon as the whip surrond the Gligar, he uses his Strenght to slam Leif on the nearby lamppost, which falls from the hit and explode, causing small electric damage to both. The arena now have just a small light, though both can still see it almost perfectly.
Leif, seeing his strategy have failed, begins to Coil up, increasing his power and defense, as well as giving him a nice accuracy boost! Dav, noticing his opponent new strategy, run towards him and delivers a nasty Poison Jab right on the Snivy's chest, sending the snake back a few steps and forcing it to scream in pain! That Coil saved him from some damage though, as well as the poison wasn't enough to poison him. The rain falls, and Snivy appreciates it, getting some of its health back.
As the round ends, a nice Indie music plays!

Summaries:
Snivy used really low energy here. Fresh and ready to rock! Damage was hard, but on his first third, still. Poison didn't affected him at all. Talking about poison, he can get another Coil!
As for Dave, low damage too and low energy usage. Fine, I say! May as well that poison, though he has plenty.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #22
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Let's work off the music with a show of Acrobatics, followed by Aerial Ace.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #23
Mane
Cascade Badge

Crap! Leif, I'm sorry! Er...I mean...yeah, we got this! Use Glare as he comes in for Acrobatics, wait for the aerial ace, and then Aqua Tail him when he's done...unless he looks like he's paralyzed and can't move, in which case just Aqua Tail anyway.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:02 AM   #24
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

Episode 7: Retaliation

The round starts with Leif Glaring at Dave. The Gligar, scared, stays paralysed and does nothing. The Snivy however, is all happy and moving, forth towards Dave, with his tail filled with Water energy! As he gets near, he slap his opponent with a Aqual Tail, sending Dave back a few steps, and forcing it to scream in pain from the move! He gets up, however, and rushes towards Snivy, angry from the nasty hit! Charged with Flying type energy, he quickly delivers a bliding hit by the use of Acrobatics on Leif, which does nothing, but take the hit in pain! Dave, not done yet, gets another load of Flying type energy, and delivers another hit, now with Aerial Ace instead, by swinging his wings on Leif's body. The lil' snake endures it once again.
The rain falls again, and restores Leif's health by a small amount again, reducing the hit taken.
As the round ends, a Rap music begins to play.

Summaries:
Dave took a nasty hit and dropped into critical health. If he doesn't take care, the next round may be the end for him. Energy usage was low, because of this round.
Leif did well, however, he did taken two nasty hits and dropped below the half mark. Just a bit though. Energy usage was low and Water is now gone.

Fila!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #25
akaFila
Boulder Badge

It's Mane's post next~

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL