UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #1
Connor
Who Knows?

UPN PASBL: Mercutio (c) vs Sneezey12 (a)

Quote:
Mercutio vs. Sneezey12
2 v 2 Singles
Switch = KO
Slapstick
48 Hour DQ
Lakeside arena
Levelling RF. Squad up.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
Mercutio
Banned

Ta. I can RF for the rest of the evening but will go to bed around 12 GMT - work. I will be able to order every now and then tomorrow if we don't finish this up. My target is a week or less.

Hopefully I'll get a Slowbro if this and my CCW and Rangeet matches ever end. But I seem to need to level all Psyhic types. *sigh*

Talia (Level 1 shiny female Noibat); Talia is a stealthy assassin, a breed apart from the others in my Gym squad. She flits between the space before her and targets her enemies with maximum force before spiriting away to the security of a fortress she prepares. Her skills are formidable. However, lacking the natural acuity to strike at some of her more enduring enemies, she developed a way to sneak venom in by the plainest method possible.
Hidden Power: Steel
Signature Trait: "Venenum Putare"; Talia's Bite and Super Fang are super effective against Fairy type pokémon. They are not very effective against Water type pokémon.

Forgetting Man (Level 1 male Slowpoke); Uh... oh yes. This is Forgetting Man. Forgetting Man is an old Slowbro hailing from the Seafoam Islands. He almost remembers the day when these damn Dark types didn't ruin everything for everyone. Damn kids, GET OFF MY LAWN!
Hidden Power: Rock.
Signature Move: "Ponder" (Psychic); Forgetting Man concentrates his energy into his mind, tightening it up and focussing on Special moves. In doing so, he is able to deliver more power with special attacks as well as take more special based damage. However, thanks to this concentration, he isn't able to move as quickly. The amount of change in status is up to the referee, although it usually will be about 1/3 increase in special defence and special attack, with a 1/2 reduction in speed. Standard boost stipulations apply. Essentially, any moves which would be affected by Curse, offensively or defensively, are not affected by Ponder, while those moves which would not be affected by Curse are affected. Ponder uses good energy. Forgetting Man cannot use Calm Mind or Hyper Beam.

Granny Weatherwax (Level 1 female Inkay); Granny Weatherwax has a near-unshakeable belief in her own abilities and strives to do what she knows is best for those around her. She knows that being Good (with a capital G) and Right (with a capital R) doesn't necessarily make one Nice (with a capital N). She prefers to be respected. Despite her power, Granny Weatherwax rarely uses magic in any immediately recognizable form. Instead, she prefers to use headology, a sort of folk-psychology which can be summed up as "if people think you're a witch, you might as well be one". Headology bears some similarities to psychology in that it requires the user to hold a deep seated understanding of the workings of the mind in order to be used successfully. It has been said that the difference between headology and psychiatry is that, were you to hold a belief that you were being chased by a monster, a psychiatrist would convince you that there are no monsters coming after you, whereas a headologist would hand you a bat and a chair to stand on.
Hidden Power: Fire
Signature Move: "Headology" (Dark); Granny Weatherwax expends significant energy to curse her target. She convinces them to refrain from using a particular type energy, such as Bug or Fire, for a period of three rounds. The type chosen may never be a STAB type and cannot be the Normal type. Whilst cursed, pokémon will not use any moves of the type chosen, though ref' discretion is advised - a pokémon cursed to avoid the Ground type could still use Dig. Extremely intelligent pokémon will be more resistant to this move. It cannot be used on the same foe more than once per battle.

Thaddeus (Level 1 shiny male Ralts); Legend tells of a warrior psychic so strong and powerful that he could not be defeated by any means in the old world. His name was the death, terror, saga, or simply Thaddeus. He was in tune with the fierce nature of his icy homeland. The tales tell of breathtaking feats of magic and battles that could be heard from many miles away. Of course, what the legends didn't say was that this warrior was a pokemon, nor that his species was prone to supporting their allies and waging war indirectly through the subtle knife instead of the brutal warhamer. Through the ages, his bloodline has survived, migrating and shifting with the ice as a millennial went by. I had the fortune to find a descendant of this noble line, and to battle and capture it. The Ralts I found was gifted with alternate colouration, his icy tenor betraying his icy heart and soul. I came to trust him as a mighty ally, his powers thick with winter and cool with might. We fought in many battles, but a change gradually came upon my trusted friend. Thaddeus became unsure of himself, changing in persona and persuasion. He became aggressive, lashing out at others, eventually choosing to leave my care and see where the road would take him. As the years past and he found new things about himself, he came to change. He retuned to me eventually, refreshed and calmer. A new man, so to speak. Thaddeus is gay, attracted to male pokémon instead of females.
Hidden Power: Ground
Signature Move: "Terram Exhaurire" (Ground); Thaddeus stomps on the ground and channels a stream of ground energy towards the foe, which erupts out from under them in a narrow column like Earth Power. This attack only works if the energy is sent through the ground - it cannot be used directly on an opponent. When the attack strikes, it drains significant energy from the target and gives it to Thaddeus. Thaddeus has the Ground energy to use this attack two times per battle.

Kumori (Level 1 shiny male Froakie);
Hidden Power
: Poison
Signature Move: "Fire and Magic" (Fire); Kumori produces a handful of flame and tosses it at the foe, dealing considerable damage for significant energy. Upon impact, the attack will detonate like a grenade and deal mild splash damage to nearby pokémon. Because the attack is lightweight and hand thrown, it can be fired indirectly like a mortar. Kumori has the Fire energy to use the attack twice per battle but he can't use Hydro Cannon at all.

Hanabi (Level 1 female Fletchling); Hanabi spent the days before joining my team flitting about the skies of Kalos, preying upon her favourite dinner time treats and doing cool pyrotechnic stuff with her buddies. She lived as she wished, not listening to others nor caring much for the cares of the real world. I captured her after a pitched aerial battle across a forest, chasing her down with my Pidgeot and trading well aimed Hyper Beams for erratically launched Flare Blitzes. Once she was one of us, she became a source of fun and frolic for us. She was a freebird, not tied to notions of strategy or caught up in the happenings of her environment. She flew, she fought, she feasted.
Hidden Power: Ground
Signature Trait: "Freebird"; Hanabi is unaffected by moves which affect pokémon as they switch in, such as Stealth Rock or Spikes. She is also immune to the effects of the move Gravity. She cannot use Swords Dance.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze

Silver Wing Token
Bestowed upon the winner of the Winter Whirl Cup. The attached pokemon is allowed to be one evolutionary stage higher than they would otherwise be at their current level.
Attached to B.R.A.I.N. the Metang

Harvester's Token
The Harvester's Token denotes one's prowess in caring for and farming the bounties of nature. It can be attached to Grass type pokémon only and greatly enhances their natural abilities. Rain will heal them by a mild amount each round, sunlight will significantly boost their mobility, healing moves cost half their usual energy cost and draining moves are much more efficient. This token may be purchased during the week long Thanksgiving event and may be purchased up to one time per trainer.
Attached to Treebeard the Phantump

Kralkatorrik: Male Deino (level 2) (level-up)
Hidden Power: Psychic
Sigless

Treebeard: Male Phantump (level 1)
Hidden Power: Rock
Sigless

B.R.A.I.N.: Genderless Metang (level 1)
Biography: Binary Reactive Artificially Intelligent Neurocircuit aka B.R.A.I.N. is the creator of all other machines. Having been re-purposed to wipe out all life, B.R.A.I.N. has manufactured many types of traps and has chosen to keep only the most efficient of them.
Hidden Power: Dark
Special Attack: Fabrication (Psychic)
B.R.A.I.N. creates many small orbs of Psychic energy around the arena, some of which explode immediately dealing moderate damage to the foe, while the rest fade into the arena until a new foe is sent out. Every time a new foe is sent out some foes re-emerge and explode dealing moderate damage to that foe. This attack uses a significant amount of energy.

Parvati: Female Aron (level 1)
Hidden Power: Flying
Sigless

4K: Genderless Porygon (level 1)
Hidden Power: Psychic
Sigless

Zhaitan: Male Goomy (level 1)
Hidden Power: Steel
Sigless

I suppose I'll start off with 4K.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
Mercutio
Banned

Thinking is for dicks. Granny Weatherwax, use Headology to neuter the Bug type, switching to Psychic if that's prevented. Then Psybeam.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
Sneaze

"Conversion and Shadowball."

Quote:
Old 02-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
Connor
Who Knows?

Our Pokemon are released, and they respectively glance at one another, clearly ready to do battle. Granny Weatherwax is the first to enact her orders, her eyes glowing an ominous black colour as she stares into her opponent's being. Her signature Headology attack assaults the Porygon's reasoning, his Bug- type energies being sealed for the next few turns. Pleased with herself, the Inkay grins widely, but her glee is short lived. Energy writhes over the surface of 4K's body, and the Porygon undergoes a notable shift in colouration. Adopting a strange mix of black and purple, it becomes evident that he has Converted his structure, adopting the Dark typing of his opponent. Granny Weatherwax's assumptions are only confirmed as she spews forth a rainbow coloured Psybeam, and she moans in anguish as the attack harmlessly strikes the cybernetic duck. Letting loose a garbled sound not too dissimilar to laughter, 4K gathers his Ghost- type energies, creating a Shadow Ball before him. He sends it hurtling towards the opposing Inkay, who expresses audible discontent as the attack explodes over her body.

4K has had his Bug- type energies sealed, but he has a notable advantage going into the next round, remaining untouched. Both Pokemon remain fresh.

Last edited by Connor; 02-23-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: I need to read Conversion better.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #7
Mercutio
Banned

It only becomes Dark typed
Old 02-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #8
Sneaze

What Kush said.

"Swift and quick charge Hyper Beam as you move upwards and back."

Quote:
Old 02-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #9
Mercutio
Banned

Increase altitude to match whilst firing Thunderbolt. Cut your levitation and drop to dodge Hyper Beam, reengage at the last possible moment.

Last edited by Mercutio; 02-23-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #10
Connor
Who Knows?

4k seizes the initiative, slowly rising backwards into the air. The Porygon generates multiple small stars out of Normal- type energy as he ascends, spraying them towards Granny Weatherwax. The Inkay winces as the Swift attack strikes her body, matching her opponent in increasing her altitude. Her body becomes wreathed in a yellow aura as she gathers Electric- type energy, and mere seconds later a vicious Thunderbolt leaps between the two combatants, soliciting an unintelligible cry of pain from 4k. The Porygon quickly recovers though, gathering orange energy at the tip of his beak. The energy slowly condenses into a compact orb, but just as 4k fires the weakened Hyper Beam, Granny Weatherwax plummets sharply, reducing her altitude at an alarming rate. This allows her to duck under the attack entirely, and she manages to arc neatly before slamming into the floor, leaving her a few feet below her opponent.

4k is into his second third of energy, though only just. He's doing fine with regards to health, while Granny Weatherwax is approaching the end of her first third. Both remain good for two, Granny Weatherwax looking slightly fresher.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #11
Mercutio
Banned

Remaining Electricity?

Love, I wanted you to remain in the air, we'll have to look at that broomstick of yours. Advance on then whilst issuing a Round. Use Hypnosis.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #12
Sneaze

"Skull Bash through the Hypnosis. Keep going to keep some distance between you."

Quote:
Old 02-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #13
Connor
Who Knows?

Very little. You'll be getting a weakened Thunderbolt, at best.

Granny Weatherwax begins the round by slowly floating after 4k, singing a raucous Round as she floats upwards. The energy imbued sound waves wash over the Porygon's body, and his eyes noticeably squint as he fights through the pain. He waits patiently however, and the opposing Inkay gives him the perfect opportunity. Granny Weatherwax begins to pump rings of energy into the air, each of them imbued with Hypnotic wavelengths. 4k lowers his head, coating the top with a layer of shining, white energy, before charging through the rings. He continues through the energy, and slams directly into Granny Weatherwax with a Skull Bash, sending her spinning through the air and causing her to growl in pain.

4k is nearing the end of his first third, while Weatherwax is approaching the midpoint. Energy wise, they're both near tied, each approaching the midpoint. Weatherwax is good for two, while 4k is looking refreshed.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #14
Sneaze

"Aerial Ace and then back away with a Round."

Quote:
Old 02-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #15
Mercutio
Banned

Aerial Ace to counter his. Hypnosis after Round.

Last edited by Mercutio; 02-23-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #16
Connor
Who Knows?

4k begins the round nimbly darting forward, enshrouding himself in a liberal layer of Flying- type energy. As he does so, Weatherwax imitates his movements, herself becoming coated within a Flying- type aura. The two Pokemon meet, and their Aerial Ace's manage to score fleeting blows on one another before they each dart away to safety. 4k narrows his eyes, clearly irate at his opponent's tactics, before generating an almost tuneful noise. The Round pulsates through the air towards Weatherwax, who frowns with distaste at her opponent's choice of attack. Her frown quickly becomes a malicious smile however, as she slowly floats up to 4k. Resting mere inches from the Porygon, she suddenly explodes forwards with incredible force, her Superpower managing to knock 4k back a few feet. The Porygon screeches with pain as he slowly grinds to a halt, Weatherwax left panting but triumphant.

4k is just into his final third now, while Weatherwax hangs near the midpoint. Both battlers are approaching their final third of energy. 4k is good for two, while Weatherwax is panting a little thanks to the fatigue of Superpower.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #17
Mercutio
Banned

For posterity I changed it to Hypnosis but have no issue with this result; you ref what you see.

Slash and Round
Old 02-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #18
Sneaze

"Pain Split after the Slash and Signal Beam."

Quote:
Old 02-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #19
Connor
Who Knows?

Weatherwax pants lightly, quickly regathering her strength and normalising her breathing. Skipping forward, she raises one of her tentacles, contracting the limb to form a sharp edge. Slashing it across 4k's body, she wears a manic grin as the Porygon once again releases a string of garbled noises, each of them laced with his pain. Narrowing his eyes, he creates a connection between the two combatants, ripping away parts of Weatherwaxes health in an attempt to equalise his own. The Pain Split works outstandingly, managing to rip a clump of health away from Weatherwax fairly quickly. The Inkay frowns intently, before once more unleashing a sound based attack on her foe. The Round streams forward, enveloping 4k and causing his eyes to widen with pain. He drops in altitude ever so slightly, quickly regaining his bearings. Gathering his now freed Bug- type energies, he spews forth a narrow beam of the energy type, the Signal Beam catching Weatherwax solidly. The Inkay's eyes widen in horror as the energy courses through her body, her short lived cry quickly drowned out by pain. Her eyes roll to the back of her head, and she falls directly downwards, finally having been vanquished.

Granny Weatherwax is unable to battle! Kush, your final Pokemon please.

4k is skirting critical on both health and energy fronts, and won't be lasting much longer.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #20
Mercutio
Banned

Define critical.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #21
Connor
Who Knows?

Mentioned it on the Skype, but I define critical as being roughly a Thunderbolt.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #22
Mercutio
Banned

Ok. Thaddeus, starting close as allowable, Dazzling Gleam and Round.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #23
Sneaze

"Do A Little Jig."

Quote:
Old 02-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #24
Connor
Who Knows?

Weatherwax is returned to her Pokeball, promptly replaced by Thaddeus, a small Ralts. Holding his arms around his body, he unfurls them quickly, releasing a short burst of Fairy- type energy. The attack rushes into 4k, who has no time to respond, and the cybernetic duck crashes out of the air unceremoniously.

4k is unable to battle! Sneezey, your final Pokemon please.

Thaddeus is pretty much raring to go.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #25
Sneaze

"Parvati. Ancient Power into Iron Head."

Quote:

Lower Navigation