UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #26
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyro12
These last couple rounds have been pretty brutal, and this one shall be no different. Parvati stares down his opponent, having had about enough of his nonsense. The iron giant (tee hee hee hee) focuses for but a moment, harnessing the ancient power of the dragons. This dragon energy starts to envelope him, and Parvati begins glowing a deep blue. Then, the murder begins. He kicks off, charging full speed at Pakku. The green eel stares in horror, preparing for the colossal attack to hit. All peace in the arena just a moment before is completely out of the question as the colossal titan slams into his poor opponent. The impact causes a miniature Michael Bay-splosion in the arena, and Pakku lets out a horrendous scream as the pain becomes a reality. Even if it wasn't typespammy, it still hurt like a bitch. Parvati shows the slightest grin, quite apparently happy to see his opponent suffer. Guess he's fine with any and all schadenfreude. Anyways, Pakku tries once again to play catch up with his opponent, resorting to his most useful technique thus far this match. A Rocky-esque training montage goes through his mind. Eye of The Tiger, running up and down bleachers, all that jazz. He puts all this fighting knowledge to use, storing it up in one of his fins. The fin glows bright with a brown-orange-ish light, and Parvati's grin quickly turns to a frown of horror as he realizes just what his opponent is planning. Before the beast has time to react, Pakku swings his fin forward, punching his opponent. Parvati's screech can be heard even outside the arena as he's struck for the horrific typespammy damage.

Parvati stumbles back, and the look of terror just moments ago is suddenly a look of extreme bloodlust. He takes a step forward, regaining his bearings. A few moments go by before the two Pokémon prepare their final attacks for the round. Parvati gathers his similar belts of sharpened stones. The deadly stones gather in masses around him, more and more appearing and spinning around him with every passing moment. This is all a pretty badass scene going on, but what's Pakku up to? Surely he has some dastardly attack to counter with~! As we look over to the slimy eel thingy, we see that he's.. not doing anything. Ouch, turns out he doesn't learn Earthquake. Sads. So, he just kinda stands there, derping around as Parvati finishes preparations for his assault. The steel beast sends forth the rings of stones, and they serve a serious beat-down on the poor Pokémon, as he cries out in pain. As the attack finishes, the two Pokémon are standing rather close to eachother. Oh, and Pakku's special boost thingy from his sig is fading away.

Pakku took another beating this round, putting him ever so closer to critical range. Fighting can fuel a rather weakened Drain Punch, but he's fine for two next round.

Parvati also took quite a beating this round, but maintains a little bit of a health lead. He should be fine for two next round as well. Dragon can fuel a weakened Dragon Rush.

EG~

EDIT: I'm silly and Pakku's boost should have one more round. I r gud @ counting.

Credit to Daisy for this glorious Battle Cut :3
Kyro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #27
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Aqua Tail. Finish the round with drain punch.
EmeraldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #28
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
"Roar and direct contact Earthquake."

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #29
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Round Seven: Six rounds in the making.

This battle between Parvati and Pakku has been a great one, but all great things must come to an end. As the two stare each other down, something stirs within them. A great bloodlust, created from round upon round of merciless fighting. Pakku is the first to make a move. He hones in on the rain all around him, and, to those with sharp eyes, it can actually be seen that the rain drops are now falling towards his tail. The water envelopes his tail, infused with some of Pakku's own special watery energy. He knows that this will be just the trick for destroying his adversary. However, it would appear he's not the only one that knows just how devastating an attack like this would be. The steel beast takes a massive breath in, then proceeds to split the ear drums of all around him. He lets out a monstrous roar, which echoes through the entire arena, even blowing away a good bit of the rain drops. As the mighty cry flies past Pakku's ears, he finds himself in utter fear of his opponent. He loses a bit of his concentration, causing the intensity of his attack to lessen somewhat. Regardless, he slams his tail into Parvati, who reels back in pain.

As Pakku backs away from his foe, Parvati's just getting started. In a manner not entirely dissimilar to earlier, the steel Pokémon puts massive shockwaves of energy into his arms. The energy can be visually seen on him as the arms begin to glow a slightly dim, but still rather apparent beige colour. He knows in his heart that this attack will be the one to end it all. Enough of this insignificant worm. As he rushes in on his opponent, Pakku is too terrified to do much of anything. He merely looks on in absolute terror as his massive opponent comes in. As Parvati strikes his opponent, the shock waves travel through his arms and into Pakku, causing another cute little mini-Michael-Bay-'splosion. Pakku reels back in pain, letting out an awful cry as he slams against the ground. Pakku struggles to regain his bearings, collapsing once again in his attempts to rise up. Oh wait the Earthquake was actually more powerful than that. Yeah, Pakku's down and out.

Pakku is unable to battle. Next Pokémon and orders from EG, please.

So, Parvati used up the rest of his Ground energy. He also took a brutal hit, but is staggering above critical. Might want a breather next round.

Last edited by Kyro12; 02-26-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #30
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Did you take into account the diminishing effects of roar as the attack was used at the beginning of the match already? I personally do not think that two pokemon that have shown to fight on equal footing, should still have that primordial fear to let Roar take dominance twice in the same match up. Would please explain what elements did you take into account to make a second roar work at this stage of the match?
Old 02-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #31
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Mrgrgr, the attack description on the site doesn't mention Diminishing Returns. And since they were on equal footing (Maybe Parvati holding a slight advantage as he has size and didn't have a move derp incident), that would leave Parvati being more fearsome.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #32
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyro12 View Post
Mrgrgr, the attack description on the site doesn't mention Diminishing Returns. And since they were on equal footing (Maybe Parvati holding a slight advantage as he has size and didn't have a move derp incident), that would leave Parvati being more fearsome.
a slight health advantage should not give aggron the full advantage to scare my pokemon twice within the same match. We are actually the same size. Moreover, aggron does have an explicit intimidation factor such as gyarados or hydreigon. So any other reasons as to why it worked?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #33
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Well then, Eelektross is a lot bigger than I thought. Fair, reffing to be edited shortly.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #34
Sneaze
#SWAG

Size is not the only thing that factors into Roar weight and general build is a HUGE factor. Additionally, those sizes are with Eelektross stretched end to end, and with Aggron standing foot to head. Realistically, Eelektross would stand somewhat coiled about a foot or more shorter than Aggron.

As for diminishing returns, they're not so strong that they'll stop an interruption move from working, however they'll likely make the lasting fear effect lessened.

Also, it looks like you made that Earthquake weakened, which it shouldn't be. Rock types get slightly more Ground energy.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #35
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
Size is not the only thing that factors into Roar weight and general build is a HUGE factor. Additionally, those sizes are with Eelektross stretched end to end, and with Aggron standing foot to head. Realistically, Eelektross would stand somewhat coiled about a foot or more shorter than Aggron.

As for diminishing returns, they're not so strong that they'll stop an interruption move from working, however they'll likely make the lasting fear effect lessened.
Roar was never meant to stop an attack whenever used. You are tired out at this point. You have burned a lot of energy, I have even sapped some away. You should not exude fear in your current state. We have fought on the same footing, so really.. roar should have a diminished effect that of not working.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #36
Sneaze
#SWAG

Roar is a startling attack, and even if I am tired, you're at a clear disadvantage and your Pokemon weighs a QUARTER of what mine does. That would scare the shit out of anything.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #37
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
He loses a bit of his concentration, causing the intensity of his attack to lessen somewhat.
Those are the effects of growl, not of roar.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #38
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Roar is a startling attack, and even if I am tired, you're at a clear disadvantage and your Pokemon weighs a QUARTER of what mine does. That would scare the shit out of anything.
A startling attack that has diminishing effects. Which is why your first roar worked fine at the beginning of the match, but at this point, it should not as it is its second use coupled with your tired state.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:17 PM   #39
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Well, editing again because of the extra ground energy knowledge. I still see Roar as at least making the attack partial.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:17 PM   #40
Sneaze
#SWAG

Diminishing effects are not going to stop it from working. They won't. They will lessen its effects, but in such a case where the Pokemon is clearly at a severe size/weight disadvantage such as this, it will matter very little.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2014, 03:22 PM   #41
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Diminishing effects are not going to stop it from working. They won't. They will lessen its effects, but in such a case where the Pokemon is clearly at a severe size/weight disadvantage such as this, it will matter very little.
Well, this is great and all but the mechanics of roar work on fear. weight does not affect it as much as you would hope. An eelektross is just as fearsome as an Aggron, as weight is not designed to denote fear capabilities. Otherwise a pokemon such as Aggron should have nothing to fear against a hydreigon as it outsizes it and outweights it. It is perception, so if were to scale it, agron has nothing favorably scary over eelektross other than weight which is equally distributed among his body. If I were to pick him up, sure I wouldnt be able to, but to fear weight? That seems like a weak argument to use.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #42
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Right, um, so, I think as the ref I have the ability to say shush and take what I gave you. I changed Roar so that it was partial. Please see newest edits and act accordingly.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #43
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Right, um, so, I think as the ref I have the ability to say shush and take what I gave you. I changed Roar so that it was partial. Please see newest edits and act accordingly.
Actually, in a discussion between trainers and Ref I have put into question your understanding of the mechanics and questioned them with respect. I have not discounted your ideas, but rather argued in a respectful manner against them. Please do not expect your trainers to "take what you give", because it sounds a bit condescending when you word it that way. My perspective is that it either works or it doesnt. Roar doesnt have an attack lowering aspect to it as growl. Could you please clarify why it lowered my attack?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #44
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

I still think Roar isn't so black and white as you make it sound. It made you lose concentration, however that may affect you. Be it aim or just keeping your attack together. It interrupted your attack. Distracted you from battle.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #45
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
I still think Roar isn't so black and white as you make it sound. It made you lose concentration, however that may affect you. Be it aim or just keeping your attack together. It interrupted your attack. Distracted you from battle.
To make it miss or make it lose power?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #46
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

I could just change the flavour text to say the roar slightly threw you off, making you attack off-target. It's still gonna be a partial hit.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #47
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
I could just change the flavour text to say the roar slightly threw you off, making you attack off-target. It's still gonna be a partial hit.
Then you will have to explain how my tail which is fairly large missed out on hitting a fairly large target head on as we are standing fairly close to each other according to your reffing.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #48
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Pretty sure Eelektross' tail is rather small. He's an eel. Not some massive something or other. He's thin and such. And Aqua Tail isn't gonna cover up all of his body (in case you were gonna say he's all tail). Honestly, we've spent nearly 20 posts arguing about this. I'm not gonna change the reffing again.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #49
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Gyatso, you are up.

Brick break into brick break.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #50
Sneaze
#SWAG