UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Connor
Hope

UPN PASBL: Aeon™ (C) vs Kingothestone (A)

Quote:
Aeon™ (C) vs Kingothestone (A)
2v2
Singles
48 HR DQ
Equiall 1
Switch = KO
Slapstick
Rock Arena
Got a battle between two people I know. Yep.

Squad up, guys.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
Aeon™
Pokemon Trainer

Sup

Enchantress - Level 2 Female Roselia
Groot - Level 1 Male Phantump
Elektra - Level 1 Female Elekid
Vision - Level 1 Male Porygon
Jewel - Level 1 Female Cleffa
Rogue - Level 1 Female Scraggy

Yep that's my squad for this match. Kots, you're up.

Last edited by Aeon™; 02-05-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Aeon™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #3
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Philoctetes

[Level 1 Male Skiddo]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Grass

---------------------------

Antaeus

[Level 1 Male Gible]
[Biography]
I stumbled upon Antaeus one day while exploring Stark Mountain. The little dragon, for some reason, was obsessed with trying to fly, and continuously hurled himself off of cliffs in an attempt to become airborne. He was, of course, completely unsuccessful, but he did manage to create some impressive damage in the ground where he landed. After capturing him, we decided to use his love for flying to his advantage, teaching him different methods with which to fall onto opponents. His favorite, we learned recently, is a straight body slam, although he also enjoys employing Iron Tail to spear his opponents.

[Hidden Power]
Fire

[Special Training: Leaps of Faith]
Any physical attack that Antaeus uses while coming down on his opponent from above inflicts 1.25x the normal damage. Antaeus receives recoil damage proportional to the strength of the attack, and there is a 15% chance that he will be disoriented after the attack. That chance increases to 30% if the attack involves his head.

Tartarus

[Level 1 Male Gastly]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Fire

Hephaestus

[Level 1 Male Charmander]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Grass

Ares

[Level 2 Male Mankey]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Psychic

Prometheus

[Level 2 Male Snover]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Grass

Yeah that'll work. Prometheus, lock and load.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #4
Aeon™
Pokemon Trainer

In that case I'll lead with Rogue. Rogue, use Fake Out to try and get in close quickly and startle him, then hit him with a Brick Break.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

And then we come to the part where I actually look at your team and realize "wait, Scrafty is TL4, Aeon can't possibly have one yet."

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:21 PM   #6
Aeon™
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingothestone View Post
And then we come to the part where I actually look at your team and realize "wait, Scrafty is TL4, Aeon can't possibly have one yet."
That was a typo, meant scraggy. I actually made the same mistake while typing it into veekun. Just went and edited that post with that change.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #7
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Fine then.

Brace yourself as best you can against the fake out, allowing the impact to help you back away from Rogue a bit without wasting a move. Then put up a qc substitute before he lands the brick break. Finish with toxic.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 02-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #8
Connor
Hope

The sun shines down below, warming the arena while a pleasant breeze ensures the temperatures don't rise too much. Our two trainers slowly come into view, each walking towards their respective podiums. They exchange respectful glances, before each reaching for their first Pokeball. The first is launched into the air, the small orb spinning erratically before slamming into the hard ground, where it promptly bursts open at the seam. Red energy quickly escapes from the orb, slowly taking the form of a Snover. Prometheus slowly drinks in his surroundings, before narrowing his eyes at the opposition trainer, wondering who his opponent will be. The trainer gladly indulges Prometheus, his own Pokeball spinning through the air and clattering against the ground in a similar fashion. The capsule erupts outwards, and the red light this time shows the figure of a Scraggy. Rogue cocks her head to one side, curiously taking in his opponent's figure, before hunkering down into a combative position. The bell sounds, and our round begins.

Rogue is the first of our two combatants to attack, blasting forward with her powerful legs. She runs headlong towards Prometheus, who is somewhat taken aback by his opponent's speed. Rogue lifts her left hand menacingly, and strikes Prometheus hard in the face with her outstretched palm. The attack clearly results in the Snover being Faked Out, and he stares listlessly at his opponent, wondering how on earth she moved quite so quickly. Rogue simply grins, before lifting the same hand high, coating it in a dense field of Fighting- type energy. The arm swings down, and the open palm slams into Prometheus' skin, causing him to cry out in pain and reel backwards. Still smarting from the Brick Break, Prometheus glares at Rogue, before calming down somewhat. He grins, knowing his opponent can do little to avoid what is next. He sends forward a huge gob of Toxic looking material, and the substance promptly splashes over Rogue's skin. The Scraggy noticeably shudders as the toxins begin to seep into her skin, and the round ends with the two sharing mutual hostile glances.

Prometheus took a pretty nasty blow right from the bat, falling roughly halfway through his first third. Rogue is unscathed, but Toxic will begin next round. Energy wise, both are looking pretty fresh. Poison is all but shot on Prometheus' side.

Last edited by Connor; 02-06-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #9
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Alright, so this is going to be one of those matches where I'm just going to get smacked because I don't bother paying attention to matchups. Alright.

mist. Once you're hidden, double team.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 02-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #10
Aeon™
Pokemon Trainer

Okay then, let see...

Use Detect to increase your visibility and identify the real Snover, then hit him with a Fire Punch.

Also, just thought I'd point out that Rogue is a female Scraggy.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #11
Connor
Hope

Disgruntled by the previous rounds failure, Prometheus begins to slowly walk backwards, spraying out an incredibly fine Mist as he does so. While the light blue expulsion initially seems quite thin, it quickly builds up, until it becomes a thick shroud around Prometheus. Small amounts of it lap over Rogue, and she shivers involuntarily as her body is chilled. The Scraggy is prepared however. She slowly focuses on Prometheus, drinking in his essence as he disappears into the fog, and gains an uncanny knowledge of his whereabouts. Prometheus, oblivious to this, begins to quickly dart backwards and forwards, hurriedly creating after images of himself. They flicker slightly as the mist permeates their body, but for all intent and purpose the Snover has created a perfect Double Team. Confident in his preparations, the real Prometheus lowers his guard slightly, which turns out to be a fateful mistake. Rogue makes use of her earlier Detection of Prometheus' whereabouts, bursting through the misty fog and shouting in triumph as she sees the Snover materialise. Prometheus panics, and begins to move away, but he's no match for the speed of his Fighting- type opponent. Rogue raises her right fist high, coating it in a dense layer of Fire- type energy, before bringing it swinging down. The brutal Punch slams into Prometheus, and the Snover reels back in pain, the unintelligible sound escaping from him relaying the pain he feels. Rogue's laughter at her opponent's suffering is cut dreadfully short, and she shivers from the toxins rushing through her bloodstream.

Referee note: From now on, Toxic will be omitted from the main round, but it will still be taken into consideration.

Rogue remains barely touched, while Prometheus has fallen into his second third, albeit just barely. Both remain good for two, but Rogue is beginning to show signs of tiredness. Rogue's Fire- type energy will fuel one more weakened Fire Punch.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #12
Aeon™
Pokemon Trainer

Rogue, how about we just set up a medium charge Substitute and lay back a little.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #13
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

ugh. May as well go all out.

double edge. Water pulse aimed at the ground at an angle for a wave. Finish with blizzard.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 02-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #14
Connor
Hope

Rogue begins the round by attempting to erect a Substitute of herself, but Prometheus has other plans. Using the close proximity of the two to his advantage, he charges forwards recklessly, abandoning all notions of defence. Using his body as a battering ram, he slams into Rogue with an outrageously powerful tackle, but the attack is quite clearly a Double-Edged sword. While Rogue is reeling from the damage she sustained, Prometheus clearly grunts in pain, recoil damage striking his system. Prometheus is not finished there, however. He holds his hands out before him, gathering Water- type energy into a pale, blue sphere between them. Raising his arms high, he quickly slams the orb into the ground, generating a small wave which quickly washes over Rogue. Rogue grunts in pain from the strike, and is left shaking her body, having been quite soaked by the attack. Prometheus looks tired, but lets loose a small cry of triumph. Exhaling powerfully, he sends a Blizzard hurtling towards Rogue, and the Scraggy can only look on in horror as the attack washes over her, causing small patches of ice to form all over her body. While they'll be painful, the distribution shouldn't hinder her movement all too much.

Prometheus cut through a huge amount of energy this round, resting just into his second third and looking quite exhausted. The two are pretty much tied in health now, and Rogue is looking fairly fresh.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #15
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Well that went better than expected.

Keep up the frostiness. ice beam, covering both legs if possible.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 02-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #16
Aeon™
Pokemon Trainer

I need to figure out something to do about the freeziness... hmm...

Protect against the Ice Beam, then use Drain Punch. After that jump back to get some distance between you and Snover.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #17
Connor
Hope

Technically, moving back in that way can be considered excessive movement, meaning it constitutes a move. I'm going to have to have you either reorder, or confirm 3.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #18
Aeon™
Pokemon Trainer

Ah I didn't realize things like that counted as moves. With that being the case, I'll just take that last part off.

Protect against the Ice Beam, then use Drain Punch.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #19
Connor
Hope

The round begins with Prometheus clearly showing signs of lethargy, but Rogue seems unwilling to capitalise on this, cautiously hanging back and away from the Snover. Prometheus sees this as a golden opportunity, quickly condensing a large amount of Ice- type energy into a sphere which hangs between his outstretched palms. The energy fluctuates and spins, before quickly dissipating, a jagged Beam of cyan energy lancing out towards Rogue. The Scraggy grins, her opportunity having presented itself, She quickly conjures up a green, Protective barrier of energy, the the Ice Beam harmlessly vanishes into the sphere, leaving Rogue entirely unharmed. Darting forward, the Scraggy begins to take the offensive, raising her right fist high and coating it in a fine layer of Fighting- type energy. Swinging the fist down, she connects a brutal Punch with Prometheus' face, sending the Snover reeling backwards in pain. It seems to have had the added effect of Draining away dregs of his health, as Rogue looks noticeably healthier coming out the skirmish than she did earlier.

Rogue took Toxic damage this round, but it was entirely mitigated by the returns from Drain Punch, hanging just into her second third. Prometheus fell below the halfway mark, and is heading towards his final third. Energy wise, Prometheus is looking fresher now, while Rogue remains good for two.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #20
Aeon™
Pokemon Trainer

Rogue, keep up the offensive with two quick Brick Breaks.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:11 AM   #21
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

flash to interrupt the first brick break by blinding him, then sheer cold while he deals with that.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 02-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #22
Connor
Hope

Rogue grins, and begins advancing on Prometheus, slowly raising her right arm into the air. Opening the palm of her hand wide, she goes to deliver a Brick Break to the Snover, but he has other ideas. He quickly lets loose a bright Flash of light, the sudden flare disorientating Rogue quite considerably. She stumbles, and her attack is taken entirely off course, slamming into the ground harmlessly. Prometheus lets loose a triumphant cry, before deciding to take advantage of the presented opportunity. Rounding on Rogue, the Snover lets loose an incredibly concentrated blast of cold air, which strikes Rogue solidly in her chest. The strength of the Sheer Cold blast knocks her backwards off her feet, and she groans in pain as her eyesight begins to clear. She clambers to her feet, ire in her eyes, before charging towards Prometheus. This time the Snover has no way to turn, and Rogue swings her arm down, delivering a brutal Brick Break to Prometheus once again. He reels pain in pain, and is looking much worse the wear following the super effective blow.

Prometheus fell a fair way into his final third this round, while Rogue is hanging on the edge of hers. Rogue is beginning to tire, but remains good for two, while Prometheus is beginning to show signs of tiredness.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:54 AM   #23
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Can't let up now, Prometheus. Sheer Cold twice.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 02-10-2014, 06:29 AM   #24
Aeon™
Pokemon Trainer

Try and block the first Sheer Cold with an Incinerate, then use Hi Jump Kick.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #25
Connor
Hope

Confident with how well his attack worked in the previous round, Prometheus once again exhales an incredibly Cold wind, which rushes towards Rogue. The Scraggy is prepared, opening her mouth wide and allowing a huge wall of Incinerating flame to spew forth. While the fire certainly takes the sting out of Prometheus' attack, the Sheer concentration of energy allows it to blast through the wall, striking Rogue for a somewhat reduced hit. The remaining flames continue to travel towards Prometheus, lapping over his skin and causing him to screech out in pain. His ego injured by this, the Snover once again shoots forth a Sheer Cold, but Rogue uses her powerful legs to Jump incredibly High, allowing her to completely remove herself from the trajectory of the concentrated attack. She grins, before pirouetting neatly in the air and coming crashing down on Prometheus with her leg extended. The impact of the Kick sends Prometheus sprawling across the ground, where he slowly slides to a defeated slump.

Prometheus is unable to battle! Kingothestone, your final Pokemon please.

Rogue is pretty exhausted now, and rests a fair way into her final third. She's also looking pretty tired, and will need a breather.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL