UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
Selena
Aroma Lady

Celebi UPN PASBL: Mon VS akaFila

So another match between two new people, and hopefully will move quite fast due to the enthusiasm of the battler.

Let's see the stats:

Mon VS Akafila
2v2
Singles
24 STRICT HR DQ
Equilevel
Switch = OK
Slapstick
Indoor Pool

[quote="arena"Pool (Indoor/Outdoor. Standard Water Arena): A Pool of Water, just like an Olympic Swimming Pool. Nothing Special.
Optional Special Rules: Diving Platform, Heated Pool, Pontoons (Any).[/quote]

Simple enough. Now the order goes like this:

Mon will select 6 pokemon and post them here
akaFila will post his/her 6 and selects one for battle
Mon will select one for battle and orders
akaFila will order
I will ref
akaFila will order
ect.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
mon
Pokemon Trainer

Noctus Jr. (LEVEL 1 M Cacnea)
No Bio
No Sig

Murphette (LEVEL 1 F Seel)
No Bio
No Sig

Star (LEVEL 1 X Staryu)
No Bio
No Sig

Jenkins (LEVEL 1 F Yanma)
No Bio
No Sig

Shocker (LEVEL 1 M Chinchou)
No Bio
No Sig

Yu99 (LEVEL 1 F Mienfoo)
No Bio
No Sig
mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #3
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Squad:
1. - "Angler"
Chinchou (Male) - Lv. 1
2. - "Bacchus"
Lotad (Male) - Lv. 1 - HP: Fire
3. - "Ampere"
Helioptile (Female) - Lv. 1 - HP: Fire
4. - "Barbossa"
Squirtle (Male) - Lv. 1 - HP: Ground
5. - "Skrillex"
Noibat (Male) - Lv. 1 - HP: Ground
6. - "Capital"
Meowth (Male) - Lv. 1 - HP: Psychic

I'll be starting off with Ampere.

akaFila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
mon
Pokemon Trainer

"Go, Shocker! Aqua Ring, Confuse Ray."
Old 02-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Go for a Swagger right off the bat. Now dive in and strike a U-Turn. Bacchus to switch in via U-Turn.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
Selena
Aroma Lady

So sorry I completely forgot about this match. Next time if I'm about to lose the 48 hour bonus PM me.

Round 1: Switching time

Welcome today in the pool, where newcomers akaFila and Mon will duke it out to gain some precious KO’s to get that all important TL-2. From mon’s side we have a Chinchou while Aka sends out a helioptile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”pokédex”
Helioptile (Electric/Normal): Helioptile is extremely sensitive to changes in weather. Its frills act like solar panels. Using a move in bright sunlight, Helioptile can extend its frills to absorb energy from the sun, restoring significant energy once per battle. Its dry skin is also very water absorbent, and it will restore minor energy every round in the rain. Due to living in a desert environment, it is also immune to damage from Sandstorms.
Chinchou (Water/Electric): Chinchou are fish, and thus are slow and nearly immobile on land, but are faster and more agile in the water. Whenever a Chinchou uses an electric attack in the water, it creates a small amount of electricity around it, shocking anything in the water with it within 10 feet of it (damage is considered equal to half a Thundershock for the most powerful electric attacks). As an electric type, it is immune to recoil from using electric attacks in the water or during a Rain Dance. It may also use its antennas as a light source in the same way that the Mareep family does with their tails.
With Chinchou plopping in the water he plans to think ahead and starts the formation of the aqua ring energy balls. Ampere will have none of this and starts miming Chinchou as a sissy who needs lame health care to pull through. This infuriates Chinchou to no ends and he promptly drops all intention to use aqua ring. Smirking at the success of the swagger Heliptile cloaks himself in bug energy before jumping towards the anglerfish for a good hit. He’s somehow recalled in the pokéball and is quickly replaced with Bacchus the Lotad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”pokédex
Lotad (Grass/Water): Though able to swim and stay underwater for a fair amount of time, Lotad are not the best swimmers and prefer to stay near the surface of the water. Lotad are capable of restoring more health and energy then grass Pokémon normally get in the rain.
Chinchou took a light hit and didn’t use any energy. Since the subject of his rage is gone, swagger has pretty much disappeared.

Ampere didn’t take damage and used a bit of energy, but is restoring. His bug pool will remain low however.

Bacchus is fresh on all acounts.

akaFila to order.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 02-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Energy Ball, follow up with Toxic.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
mon
Pokemon Trainer

"Launch an Aqua Ring in between hits, and than arc a Thunder."

Last edited by mon; 02-05-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #9
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 2: Short because I don’t have time.

Bacchus goes the typespam route by slamming a grassy energyball into the anglerfish, ouchies. In order to live a little longer he sets up an aqua ring, hmm wonder how long that will last… Anyway he gets covered in toxic slime afterwards before arcing a close range thunder, no paralyses but it gets a full hit boosted by SC.

Results:

Eh, it’s still early they’re about even but Chincou has both aqua ring and toxic status. Lotad’s poison is running lowish. And Chincou is a bit winded from two high energy moves.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #10
mon
Pokemon Trainer

Go for a Thunderbolt x2.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #11
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Back up to create some space and let loose a Seed Bomb. Compliment it by following with another Energy Ball.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #12
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 3: Cloudy with a chance of typespam.

Bacchus starts to back up a little, but is met with more electricity coursing through his body, fortunately no paralyses sets in so he’s free to fire a whole bunch of grassy energy orbs. The orbs start to blow up around the poor fish leaving it in a world of hurt. She responds with yet more electricity, apparently going by the motto “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Sadly no status this time either, so Bachhus, being fed up sitting in the electric chair, goes for yet more typespam this time with a single grass energy sphere. And to top it all off, Chinchou starts to shudder from the nasty poisons ravaging his system, poor thing.

Results:

Not a good round for Chinchou, he has taken some quite extreme damage here, almost in his final third already. Energy use was fairly good but he should be capable of going for two another round or so.

Bacchus didn’t avoid damage here, but he had the fortune of it not being super effective. Energy use was pretty much the same. He isn’t the freshest anymore but he could go on another round with two.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #13
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Giga Drain, then strike again with Energy Ball.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #14
mon
Pokemon Trainer

Go underwater for the duration of both attacks. Next, Heal Belle before Signal Beam.

godfreaking danggit it took me this long to realize that Shocker had Heal Bell.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #15
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 4: Diving underwater…

Chinchou dips underwater in the hope to avoid the next onslaught, in short maybe if she had used dive, a move, but with regular movement this only weakens the resulting gigadrain a little bit. Green energy strands glorping away health and energy at an alarming pace. An energy ball soon follows and Chinchou is starting to look really miserable. Panting heavily after that draining attack she manages to rid herself of poison with healbell. This exhausts her even more but she manages to squeeze out the delicious destructive bug energy beam to strike Bacchus in the face for some retaliation.

Results:

Chinchou is TIRED, she needs a break after this round and she feels completely drained. Her health isn’t exactly stellar either, any strongish SE move will take her down probably.

Bacchus drained enough energy to use energy ball for free, he also cushioned that signalbeam a bit but it still hurt pretty badly.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #16
mon
Pokemon Trainer

Flash before Rest.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #17
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Descend a bit underwater and take note of Chinchou's general location. Close you eyes before the flash gets off, if you can, and let go a Seed Bomb towards your target. Should this not be enough, finish it off with an Energy Ball afterward.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #18
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 5: Going to sleep during war is NOT a good idea.

Chinchou’s antennae start to glow very brightly, and a very bright flash suddenly errupts from them. Bacchus doesn’t really feel the negative effects of this with his eyes closed though. And Chinchou making himself an easy target by going for a nap doesn’t really help as well. As a result the incoming seed bombs strip away the remaining health from Chinchou.

Results:

Bacchus used some energy and enjoyed the one mover, but a fresh mon will be fresher.

Chinchou is unable to battle, last mon and orders please Mon

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #19
mon
Pokemon Trainer

Go, Star.

Water Gun, then Rapid Spin in the water to disrupt any incoming attacks.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #20
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Alright, Bacchus, remain on standby and allow it to go about its business. Once done, light Star up with Seed Bomb, then send back-to-back Energy Balls in, taking aim for your opponent's core if you can.

Confirmed 3-Mover.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #21
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 5: Fail to the max.

Last from mon is his Staryu, perhaps not the brightest choice when facing a grass type and an electric type going after that, but we’ll see how it turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”pokédex”
Staryu (Water): Starmie and Staryu are, technically, blind. However, they use their senses, along with an excellent sense of touch, to detect opponents. Starmie and Staryu are capable of limited flight by using psychic energy. A Starmie or Staryu’s core is its most vulnerable point. While not as adept at psychic abilities as Starmie, Staryu are considered familiar with psychic abilities, and can use Psychic to lift Pokémon.
The starfish immediately begins with an anime staple. Watergun, simple yet effective. Except in this case. Bacchus being a Lotad holds a quadruple resistance to this particular attack, so it does about nothing. Woops. But the fail doesn’t end here, no folks. We have CONDITIONAL ORDERS *gaaaasp*. People should be careful with those, as demonstrated here. See Staryu was ordered to repel an attack with rapid spin. Bacchus was ordered to wait until Staryu was finished. Bacchus also heard Staryu receiving two attacking orders. The end result is that rapid spin doesn’t happen because Bacchus isn’t attacking and Bacchus doesn’t attack because Staryu isn’t spinning. Repeat at infinitum, but the round ends here.

Results:
Some energy use from Staryu and Bacchus enjoyed the break. Aka keeps his three mover. And some friendly advice: Wait until done then xxxxxx usually doesn't work here anyway.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #22
akaFila
Boulder Badge

Spoiler: show

Now that our little break is over, go for two servings of Seed Bomb.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #23
mon
Pokemon Trainer

Reflect, Signal Beam
Old 02-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #24
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 6: Engage shields and fire phazers

Bacchus finally has the opportunity to hurl those seedbombs at the starfish. However Startyu really isn’t keen on taking that hit, and quickly conjures a wall out of thin air absorbing the hits, although nothing gets bounced back. A second volley however is more successful, but so is the resulting signalbeam, the end result is a lot of pain for both contestants.

Results:
Both pokémon took a large amount of damage, Staryu a bit more but he holds a massive lead. Energy use was fair for both. Staryu’s bug energy has been cut in half but he has plenty of the psi stuff left.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #25
mon
Pokemon Trainer

Dive, Twister while underwater.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL