UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #1
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271
Boulder Badge

Charizard UPN PASBL: Kairne vs. rotomotorz

Well, time to dust off and earn some SP. I mean, why else would I ref, right? SP makes the world go round. Anyhoot, lets get to it, shall we? Battle stats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
Kairne (C) vs rotomotorz (A)
2 v 2
Singles
48 HR DQ
Switch = OK
Slapstick
Equilevel 1
Pool Arena, wooden pontoons
Pool Arena. *Sigh*. I hate dealing with water. More work than its worth. But I guess that's how the boat sinks. Arena stats:

Quote:
Pool (Indoor. Standard Water Arena): A Pool of Water, just like an Olympic Swimming Pool. Nothing Special.
Optional Special Rules: Pontoons (Wood).
I assume you both know the battle procedure, but I am OCD and I need to throw it down here anyway, so here it is:

Kairne posts his/her squad of six Pokemon.
Roto posts his/her squad of six Pokemon, and sends out one Pokemon.
Kairne sends out one Pokemon, and orders.
Roto orders.
I ref.
Roto orders.
Kairne orders.
I ref.
And so on and so forth...

Any questions? Well, too bad. Ask someone else. Lets get started.

PASBL Trainer Level 2 - SPPf Native
C+ Grade Referee - VM me with any reffing requests and I'll see what I can do
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:27 AM   #2
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

Thanks for reffing, mate.

Rotomotorz, pleased to beat meet you. I am Kairne, the Starter Gym Leader. You may call me Kairne.

No badge today, but I am bringing a token:
Harvester's Token (Attached to Brady)
The Harvester's Token denotes one's prowess in caring for and farming the bounties of nature. It can be attached to Grass type pokémon only and greatly enhances their natural abilities. Rain will heal them by a mild amount each round, sunlight will regenerate them mild energy each round, healing moves cost half their usual energy cost and draining moves are much more efficient. This token may be purchased during the week long Thanksgiving event and may be purchased up to one time per trainer.

Marill Lv 1 (M)
Hidden Power Type: Ground
Sig: Special Training: Bounce Chain
When using a physical strike move, Marill can be ordered a Bounce Chain variant of the move, such as "Bounce Chain Iron Tail". This causes Marill to first bounce up (like with Bounce), and then come down with the move, increasing its power. Using a move as a Bounce Chain takes a decent amount more general energy and causes the move to do a moderate amount more damage at its base. This counts as a two-mover, but does not exhaust Marill as much as using two full moves would. Only thrice per battle can Marill use a Bounce Chain move.

Lux: Eevee Lv 1 (M) [shiny]
Hidden Power Type: Ground
Sig: Special Attack: Eon Power (Various)
Lux forms a small energy construct in the image of any member of the Eevee line (including Eevee itself), and sends it at the opponent. This move takes on the typing of the member of the Eevee family chosen (so Flareon Power would be a Fire-typed move, Eevee Power would be Normal-typed, etc), and does considerable damage for significant energy, both of that type. The Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, and Glaceon Powers may each be used only once. Lux cannot evolve into Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, or Glaceon. He also loses access to Curse, Last Resort, Toxic, Double Team, and Double-Edge.

Brady: Cottonee Lv 1 (M)
Attached: Harvester's Token
Hidden Power: Electric
Sig: Special Training: Galeforce
When Brady knocks out a foe's Pokemon, he will restore a good amount of both health and general energy, although he will not feel refreshed. This will only activate once per battle. If the foe is knocked out by indirect damage (such as poisoning) or energy exhaustion, Brady must have been the one to set it in motion for Galeforce to take effect.

Klefki Lv 1 (M)
Hidden Power Type: Fairy

Stu: Luvdisc Lv 1 (M) [Studisc]
Sig: Special Training: Luv(disc) Bug
Studisc has learned Signal Beam, U-Turn, Quiver Dance, and Bug Buzz. As well, he is considered to have familiarity with the Bug type. He loses access to Toxic, Hail, Bounce, and Aqua Ring.

Pallas: Quilladin Lv 2 (F) (uplevel)
Hidden Power Type: Fighting
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:38 AM   #3
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Thanks for reffing, FPM! And good luck Kairne, lets have fun

Lifeguard-Level 1 Male Buizel
Hidden Power: Fire

Isometric-Level 1 Genderless Porygon

Alpha-Level 1 Genderless Unown-A
Hidden Power: Psychic
Signature Technique: Secret Blessing
When Uxie blessed Alpha and the other 27 Unown with life, Uxie also gave them another blessing, a technique which no other Unown could preform. Once per battle, Alpha can use a Hidden Power type that is not its regular type. When it does this, Alpha's type and Hidden Power type will change to whatever type of Hidden Power it used, gaining whatever properties of the type it changed to while sacrificing the properties of being a Psychic type for the remainder of the battle. Using this technique requires significant energy.

Pulsar-Level 1 Male Elgyem

Kinetic-Level 1 Genderless Klink
Hidden Power: Ground

Karma-Level 2 Uplevel Female Modern Vivillon

Lets start big. Karma, you're up!
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
Slash
Poison Jam

Marill, come on out!

Quickly start off with an Aqua Jet. Then launch an Uproar.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Use Infestation just after it finishes using Aqua Jet. Wait for its Uproar to finish before using Toxic
Squad Summary

Old 01-31-2014, 05:56 PM   #6
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271
Boulder Badge

Charizard Round 1: Bugs! Bugs everwhere!

Welcome, pokefans and pokemon alike, to the Pool Arena, for today's 2 v 2 battle. Looks like we get to soak up some rays during today's battle. To start off the party we have both trainers release their first pokemon choice. On the right side we have a female Vivillon, nicknamed Karma, a bug/flying type with red and white wing pattern, giving it a very Modern look. Facing off against Karma we have a male Marill, a blue mouse that has recently been revealed to be Water/Fairy type. Guess Professor Birth dropped the ball on that one, huh?

Quote:
Vivillon: (Bug/Flying) Vivillon's wings come in a number of patterns, depending on the environment in which the bug developed. Some patterns are bright and ostentatious while others are muted and more suited for camouflage. If its wings are an appropriate pattern for the environment of the battle, it can order to hide itself, making it much more difficult to spot.
[Bug]: Bugs can, in most case, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike cold.
[Flying]: Flying Pokemon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation.
Quote:
Marill: (Water/Fairy) Marrill's hearing is more sensitive than normal, at the expense of making it more vulnerable to sound attacks. Marrills may use their tail-balls as a floatation device, making it difficult to force one underwater if it does not wish to do so.
[Water]: Water Pokemon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokemon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
[Fairy]: Fairys are slightly more adept at support moves than most pokemon and use slightly less energy to perform them. Fairies prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically there. Any attack used by a Fairy type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied pokémon is slightly more effective at providing a buff. Fairies dislike fighting in urban environments.
Seems like a pretty even match up, with neither really being hinder by the pool. Vivillon has a level on Marill, but the little rodent might be able to win if it uses its surroundings to its advantage.

Marill starts us off by coating itself in water, and it uses an Aqua Jet to rocket into the sky and slam into Vivillon, hitting hard for some moderate damage. After shacking off the attack, Vivillon releases the swarm as she sends a Infestation down towards Marill, who is plummeting back down to the water. The bugs surround the mouse and, while it might be quite annoying and digesting to have bugs everywhere on your body, they only cause minor damage. Marill then lands into the pool, and the resulting splash hits a good number of the bugs, soaking them and leaving a bug graveyard floating on the surface of the water. Luckily, a good number of the swarm survived and are now hovering above the pool waiting for Marill to resurface. Marill does so temporarily to scream and shout, and lets out an Uproar that seems to bash into Karma for a solid hit. Marill dives back under water before the swarm can find him again. A little annoyed itself, Vivillon spews out a purple liquid from its mouth, and the Toxic hits the water above Marill. It spreads across the water, and contaminates it, as well as Marill. Staying in that water too long may not be too good for your health.

At the end of the round, Vivillon has taken significant damage for those attacks, and is already a goods ways into its first quarter of health. It also used quite a lot of energy, placing it well into its first quarter of energy as well. Maybe another Toxic or so before the second.

Marill is much better off in the health department, only taking minor damage from the swarm. Energy use was good, but is not as bad as Karma's, and has a plenty left in the tank. Is currently in a poisoned pool and has some poison that is soaking into the bloodstream, although its not going to be as bad as a direct Toxic. If it gets out of the pool, it should escape the poison getting any worse. However, there is also a swarm of bugs hovering above the water, waiting for a chance to attack.

Roto's orders please, followed by Karine.

Last edited by Fire_Pokemon_Master_271; 01-31-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:51 PM   #7
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz
Squad Summary

Old 01-31-2014, 10:59 PM   #8
Slash
Poison Jam

Copycat that Quiver Dance. Take the Bug Buzz, you resist it anyway, then Surf into him. Try to knock him into the toxic water with you.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #9
Fire_Pokemon_Master_271
Boulder Badge

Charizard Round 2: What The Hell Is A Super Bowl?

With Marill enjoying a nice swim in the death water, Karma decides to take the chance to brush up on her dancing skills, and celebrates nothing in-particular with a quick Quiver Dance. Marill suddenly leaps out of the water onto one of the platoons. Seemly mocking the flying bug, Marill begins its own dance, using Copycat to try and get the same boosts as Vivillon. After what seems like the most boring episode of Dancing with the Stars ever, Vivillon starts to flap its wings rapidly, and releases a Bug Buzz towards Marill. The screeching sound makes its way to Marill, and it seems to actually cause physical pain to the mouse, to the point of forcing it to its knees. (Do Marills even have knees?) However, no matter how unpleasant the sound may be, Marill shakes it off pretty quickly and is back in the game. He dives right back into the poisoned water, deep enough that you can no longer even see him. After a few seconds, a giant wave raises up out of the pool, and washes over Vivillon. The Surf attack overwhelms the bug, and the sheer force of the massive wave drags Karma down towards the surface of the water. A lot thud is heard, and after the water settles we see Vivillon laying face down on one of the wood platoons. She seems to have escaped the fate of drowning in the depths of the pool, but her wings are completely soaks and she seems to be having a hard time getting up. Seems like Marill may have an advantage here. Although, Marill also seem to be having some issues. It seems to be in some sort of pain under the water. Seems all that time in the poisoned water has taken a toll.

After this round, Karma is hurting. She took a heavy hit from that Surf, boosted as well. She is roughly about half her health left, give or take a few hits. Energy is better off, into her second quarter but still got a way to go before halfway. Quiver Dance boosted, but currently grounded and probably be getting up any time soon.

Marill took a good hit this turn, due to its heightened sense of hearing, but also resisted the typing, so he broke even for the most part. Perhaps taking slightly less damage than a normal pokemon. However, it was also a boosted attack, and therefore he is now hovering around his second quarter of health, a good hit away. Energy use was expensive. Right around even with Karma, maybe slightly better. No more bug energy though. Quiver Dance boosted, but is also taking slight poison damage.

Overall field conditions: The Surf seems to have washed a bit of the poison away, so that although I won't be swimming in it, the water doesn't seem to be as contaminated. The swarm is basically gone, wiped out by the wave. Marill is currently swimming around in the water, while Vivillon is grounded on a nearby wooden platoon.

Karine's orders please, followed by roto's.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #10
Slash
Poison Jam

Surf again, still trying to pull him into the water.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #11
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Light Screen, Supersonic
Squad Summary

Old 02-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #12
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Bump number 1 for FPM
Squad Summary

Old 02-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #13
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Kairne posted his extremely sad TA post and FPM is never on anyways. This match is cancelled
Squad Summary

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL