UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Swoobat UPN PASBL: Kots vs zekrom25

So, today we have two newbie battlers fighting it out. The first is kingofthestone, also known as KOTS, someone who is currently facing Kush's Hydreigon with an Electrivire! Too bad that match is frozen in time! The other is zekrom2525, a newbie who is trying to grasp the ropes and shake off the Golden Magikarp award. As a minor sidenote: I was the last holder of that award, so it's completely possible zekky-kun~
Quote:
kingothestone (C) vs Zekrom25 (A)
6v6
Equilevel 1
Slapstick
Switch=KO
Arena = Shopping Mall
Here is how its going to go!

kots-san will post a squad
zekky-kun will post a squad and send out his first pokemon
kots-san will send out his first pokemon and order
zekky-kun will order
I will ref
zekky-kun will order
kots-san will order
I will ref
Rinse, repeat, and finish
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Thanks for reffing, Blaze, and good luck, Zek. It's a 24 hour DQ, btw.

Khione

[Level 1 Female Vanillite]
[Biography]
Khione, while in mythic legend is the daughter of Boreas, is in this instance the daughter of the lead mascot of the guild Creamery Command. The guild mascots include a large group of Vanilluxe, Vanillish and Vanillite, all with their own histories that have caused them to adopt a special "flavor", or recoloring. Khione, however, was deemed to be too frail to be a mascot, and thus was given to me to train. We have worked hard over the past 3 years since Creamery Command first opened, and she is now one of my most trusted partners.

[Hidden Power]
Ground

[Signature Attack: Ice Cream Sundae (Ice)]
Using ice energy, Khione creates a ball of hard ice cream and sends it flying at her opponent. The ball can vary in size depending on charge time, topping out at the size of a softball (12 inch circumference). The attack does good damage while using good energy. Additionally, the attack has a 20% chance of causing a 'brain freeze', which will cause the afflicted Pokemon to be unable to attack for approximately 2-3 seconds. If the ball of ice cream manages to get into the mouth of the target, the chance of brain freeze is doubled to 40% and will last for 5-6 seconds. This attack can be used twice per battle. Khione never learned to use Frost Breath.

---------------------------

Zeus

[Level 1 Male Elekid]
I met Zeus up in the mountains, training with a group of Beartic. For some reason, they had accepted him as one of their own. He is incredibly comfortable in colder arenas. While in the mountains, I met a hermit who told me Zeus' story.

Another trainer had been searching the mountains looking for Pokemon when an egg he was carrying began to hatch. Unable to care for the freshly hatched Elekid, and in a terrible rush, the trainer had left the baby behind the hermit's hut. Alone and forgotten, the Elekid began to climb the mountain, looking for some sort of safety from the elements. He managed to find a cave after hours of searching, and made his way inside. His rest, however, was to be short-lived. It seemed that the cave was home to a particularly ornery Haxorus that apparently dwelled deep within the mountain. The beast quickly chased the baby Elekid out into the harsh elements once more, where he tumbled down the mountainside, coming to a stop just before a second cave. Bruised and battered, the baby Elekind crawled inside and and fell to the ground, unconscious.

When he awoke, the Elekid found himself surrounded by a group of Beartic. He jumped to his feet, ready to fight, but the Beartic looked concerned rather than angry. He told them his story of the Haxorus, and they took pity on him. They decided that, since he had nobody else, they would train him. And train him they did. For 6 months they worked together, teaching the young electric type some ice type moves while shying away from moves that could prove dangerous should the baby ever turn on the larger group. After 6 months, the Elekid had learned all he could from the Beartic, but he was still not content. He told the Beartic that, in order to prove himself capable, he had to best the Haxorus. Despite their warnings, the Elekid set out once more up the mountain, returning to that fateful cave.

Before he even took a step inside, the Elekid heard a deafening howl from within the cavern. He took a moment to work up his nerve, and then scurried into the cave. Once there, he once again met his opponent. A fierce battle ensued, with Elekid fighting valiantly, combining his natural moves with those that he had been taught by the Beartic. After a long, long confrontation, the Haxorus finally went down, and the Elekid let out an echoing victory screech before hurrying down the mountainside to tell his companions his story.

[Hidden Power]
Ice

[Special Training: Kheimon's Blessing]
Zeus has gained an Ice Familiarity and can now use Ice Beam, Ice Shard and Powder Snow. Due to his training, he never learned any fire type moves. He also never learned Focus Punch, Cross Chop, Dynamicpunch, Rolling Kick, Brick Break or Rock Smash due to the Beartic he trained with being afraid of those moves in particular.

Antaeus

[Level 1 Male Gible]
[Biography]
I stumbled upon Antaeus one day while exploring Stark Mountain. The little dragon, for some reason, was obsessed with trying to fly, and continuously hurled himself off of cliffs in an attempt to become airborne. He was, of course, completely unsuccessful, but he did manage to create some impressive damage in the ground where he landed. After capturing him, we decided to use his love for flying to his advantage, teaching him different methods with which to fall onto opponents. His favorite, we learned recently, is a straight body slam, although he also enjoys employing Iron Tail to spear his opponents.

[Hidden Power]
Fire

[Special Training: Leaps of Faith]
Any physical attack that Antaeus uses while coming down on his opponent from above inflicts 1.25x the normal damage. Antaeus receives recoil damage proportional to the strength of the attack, and there is a 15% chance that he will be disoriented after the attack. That chance increases to 30% if the attack involves his head.

Apollo

[Level 1 Male Kricketune]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Water

Mania

[Level 1 Female Igglybuff]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Flying

Aether

[Level 2 Male Fearow]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Flying
[/spoiler]

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Level 1 Female Nidoran

Level 2 Male Pikachu

Level 1 Male Deino

Level 1 Male Larvitar

Level 1 Male Charmander
Signature Move: Firey Tail Rage
Charmander was training to be the best he Trained by using the flame on his tail to get his flame as big as he could and channeling his Fire-type energy to it for battle. As a result, he learned this attack.

Spoiler: show

Level 1 Male Charmander
Charmander was training to be the best he Trained by using the flame on his tail to get his flame as big as he could and channeling his Fire-type energy to it for battle. As a result, he learned this attack.
Special Attack: Firey Tail Rage (Fire Energy)
Charmander's flame on its tail grows as Charmander gets angry. He then hits the opponent with it, doing significant damage in exchange for considerable energy. It has a 15% chance of inflicting a burn.

Level 1 Male Snivy

i'll test the waters with

Level 1 Male Larvitar

UPN PASBL

Last edited by Zekrom25; 01-09-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Zekrom25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Zek, before we continue, you need to edit your team to include what charmander's signature move actually is and how it works. I believe that it was posted in your recent match with Swampertforever.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Mania, it is time for your debut. Lock and load.

Let's start off fairly simple. toxic, followed by a psychic wave

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 01-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

use a toxic to hit the other Toxic at the same time to nullify Mania's toxic then attack Mania with Iron Head

UPN PASBL
Old 01-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Round 1

The two battlers meet on the first floor of the mall, onlookers seeing a battle taking place. They stop and look as two Pokeballs fly forth, releasing Mania, an Igglypuff, and an unnamed Larvitar.

Mania starts the round up by coughing and retching violently, looking like she is trying to pass up a hairball. Many of the onlookers look(lol) in disgust at the sight, thinking that Mania might have come down with something and may be sick. After I reassure them that the Iggybuff is not actually sick, suddenly, the Larvitar begins to make the same noises and begins retching himself. Many of the onlookers now leave, not wanting to catch what those two have, but the brave and smart few remain, looking in awe at two Pokemon getting ready to release some toxic chemicals at each other. Mania release her blast of chemicals first, the purple goo flying towards Larvitar. In haste, Larvitar spits his out as well to try and block Mania’s, but this doesn’t work very well and all that ends up happening is the two splatter together and all over Larvitar, who hisses at the sight of all the poison around him and on him. This poison is going to take effect next round kids, so make sure you got your toxic counters ready!

Mania is satisfied that Larvitar is covered in purple goo and she is not, and begins to concentrate her psychic energies, ready to to blow him away in one final wave. She focuses her mind and energy into a single spot, before suddenly the air in front of her ripples and jiggles. She fires the wave of telekinetic energy at Larvitar, but he is also doing an attack of his own! His head is covered in a sheet of iron, probably as the result of some sort of energy, before charging forwards, straight through the psychic wave. It breaks around him and threatens to stop him in his tracks...but he is able to keep on pushing on and slams into Mania, causing her to screech in pain and fly backwards a little bit. The onlookers clap and applaud at the sight, while Mania just grits her teeth.

Condition:
Mania took a decent hit this round, but nothing really to worry about. Energy use was rather high, with Poison and Psychic quite low.

Larvitar took a decent hit this round as well, but is doing a little bit better than Mania. Energy use was again pretty high from him, with Poison quite low and Steel at about half.

zekrom to order
Old 01-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #8
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Curse then Iron Tail

UPN PASBL
Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #9
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Sweet kiss while he curses, then solarbeam. If you can't charge the beam with the solar energy through the skylights, go for an icy wind instead.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 01-11-2014, 02:40 AM   #10
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

bumping to first page

UPN PASBL
Old 01-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #11
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Round 2

Now zekky-kun, while I appreciate the gesture, I am going to ask that you do not bump the thread from now on. I have this thread subscribed, so it doesn’t matter how many pages back it is since I will still be able to access it. Okay, zekky-kun~

To start off the match, the Larvitar begins by pouring energy into his muscles in an attempt to make them bigger, and in response make him stronger. Sadly, it won’t make him any faster though. Will it make him better or last longer? Only time will tell with that, but the boost definitely seems to have had some effect, Larvitar looking to be quite a bit bigger and having better physical capabilities, if just slower because of it. Mania is all impressed by that big hunk of Larvitar, and runs up to him before giving him a sweet kiss on the cheek. The crowd positively gushes over it, but quite frankly the Larvitar has no idea what is going on right now, I mean who runs up to an opponent in the middle of battle and gives them a kiss. His eyes glaze over in confusion as he begins to stumble around, not having an idea what in the world is going on anymore. Why did your ass just sneeze? Horses don’t talk! What is this!?

Larvitar is pretty confused, but in a miraculous breakthrough of science and mind tricks, Larvitar is able to remember his orders perfectly fine! He coats his tail with a coating of iron, most likely the result of some sort of metallic energy, before swinging his tail towards Mania and bashing her on the head, his Curse boost giving him a nice boost in damage and causing Mania to screech out in pain. Mania, however, is more than willing to give some sort of payback herself, and looking up towards the skylight, she begins to coalesce the sun’s energy into her body, creating a light inside of her that grows and grows. Sadly Larvitar is too confused to really know what is going on, but a massive beam that erupts from Mania soon solves that question. The beam slams into Larvitar, pushing him back quite a few feet while even blowing Mania back a bit. Larvitar screams in pain as the attack pretty squarely floors him.

Condition:
Manai took another hit this round folks, and but she is still in her first third. Energy use was still pretty high, so she is going to need a break. Grass energy is also pretty much gone.

Larvitar took a massive hit this round, now into his second third by a decent amount. Energy use wasn’t that bad, though Steel is gone.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #12
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Show me a shadow ball

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 01-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

use Toxic then a Power-Up Punch

UPN PASBL
Old 01-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #14
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

conditional - use Earth Power instead of attempting Power-Up Punch

Toxic then use Earth Power

UPN PASBL
Old 01-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #15
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

I'm confused zekrom, which set of orders to do want to use?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #16
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Lets also point out that this match started before gen 6, and precedent in other matches that started recently states that, as such, gen 6 should not exist for this match. I can dig up examples if needed, but yeah.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 01-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #17
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

I know it doesn't exist. And so should he.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #18
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

should != does

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 01-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #19
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Toxic then use Earth Power

^ these orders

UPN PASBL
Old 01-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #20
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Round 3

Mania is a little bit tired out this round, and begins by putting her tiny little hands together and charging up a ball full of shadowy ghost energy in her hands, this ball fluctuating and pulsing, clearly unstable and violent. However, while her opponent...okay well maybe her opponent can’t take advantage of that, but he begins to violently wretch and cough. This time though, the attack he prepares is not as potent as his last one, and a smaller globule fires out of his mouth just about at the same time as the shadow ball releases from Mania’s hands. Both attack hit their targets about the same time, the toxic globule splattering across Mania while Larvitar cries out as the ball of shadows explodes and sends him flying back a couple of feet. Mania’s toxic chemicals soak into her skin, but the reduced power of the attack means that it will take two rounds to set in instead of just one.

Larvitar then tries to pump some ground energy into the floor to try and use the power of the earth against the opponent, but the energy just erupts in one massive burst a few feet in front of him and doesn’t carry on. It’s not going to move well in this arena, because of the hard, concrete floors.

Condition:
Mania took no damage, used a bit of energy but she got a break. Ghost is low.

Larvitar took a good hit this round, and used a lot of energy so he will be tired. Poison is gone.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #21
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Screech then Headbutt however if taunted use Ancient Power instead

UPN PASBL
Old 01-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #22
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Take the headbutt and then unload a water pulse. Follow that up with an icy wind.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 01-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #23
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Round 4

Larvitar begins this round by taking a deep breath in before screeching loudly, the sound reverberating through the arena causing a lot of displeasure in both Mania and the onlookers. Fortunately as your omnipotent ref I am immune to such an annoying technique, and while it is generally annoying for Mania, it really doesn’t do much other than that, so Larvitar stops quickly. He then lowers his head in order to make a direct line of pure dangerous impact, before charging forwards, stamping his feet on the concrete floor as he quickly makes his way towards Mania. Mania only looks on, gritting her teeth before his headbutt connects with her soft body, causing her to fly backwards quite a bit. She screams from the pain, but quickly rights herself once she is ready.

Mania then creates a small sphere of water in her hands that quickly grows into a mighty big pulsating sphere of water, ready to fling at unsuspecting Rock/Ground types. Mania fires the sphere at Larvitar, who is weighed down by the curse boost, so he really can’t dodge this attack and the sphere crashes into him, the pulsating waters making his sense scrambled as well as getting him all wet. But, he is able to shrug that off however, but Mania is ready with a follow-up attack, taking a deep breath in before blowing out a clod blue wind at her opponent. This wind has some forest and a little bit of snow inside, and when this wind blows over Larvitar, he begins to shudder and shake as he is chilled to the core, the water helping to make him colder than he normally would be. But not by all that much.

Condition:
It’s not good news for Larvitar, who has taken a lot of damage and is a good ways into his final third. Energy use wasn’t bad, but he still is somewhat fatigued.

Mania took another strong hit this round, now a little bit over the second third. Energy use was pretty good this round, with water and ice at half.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #24
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

heal bell, icy wind

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 01-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #25
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Brick Break then Sandstorm

UPN PASBL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL