Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #51
Selena
Aroma Lady

You were saying?

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #52
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

Well fought Ichi, Kappa (Lotad), you're up!

Water Gun into Energy Ball
Lanturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #53
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
Snarl him out of his first attack, then Rock Tomb.

Last edited by Fallen Icarus; 02-15-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Fallen Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #54
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 10: DEMON

Next from Lanturn is the infamous demon imp, a Lotad. I personally like this mon though…

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”pokédex”
Lotad (Grass/Water): Though able to swim and stay underwater for a fair amount of time, Lotad are not the best swimmers and prefer to stay near the surface of the water. Lotad are capable of restoring more health and energy then grass Pokémon normally get in the rain.
Lotad starts immediately by getting hit by stealth rocks. He follows with spraying a large quantity of water towards the Sandile. This is a surprisingly hard blow, but he stands up regardless and snarls angrily at the lillypad. However Lotad aren’t easily frightened in such a lush environment so he’s met with an energyball for his rude behaviour. This hurts Sandile a lot, so he just locks Lotad up, so he can’t typespam anymore.

Results:

A lot of pain for Sandile leaning onto critical now. Normal energy use ect, I wouldn’t worry about that.

Lotad took a small hit and is currently trapped. No problems in the energy department.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P

Last edited by Selena; 02-16-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #55
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
Stealth Rocks should have happened. Stealth rocks happening gives my pokemon time to prep. Time to prep could have possibly allowed Sandile to interrupt the Water Gun.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #56
Selena
Aroma Lady

Stealth rocks happen, snarl isn't disruptive but demotivating so no disruption there because forest.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #57
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Crush him under the Rock Tomb. Rock Slide. Keep an eye out, and fire off a Dark Pulse when he escapes. If he doesn't, go ahead and Hone your Claws.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:10 AM   #58
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

Protect the Rock Slide. If you arent trapped, fire off a Water Pulse-Orb. If you are, attempt to wiggle your way out.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:27 AM   #59
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 11:

Continuing on the trapping round, Sandile tries to make the rocktomb implode and slide inwards. This works and he emits some evil gloating, however after the dust settles we can clearly see Lotad smirking in a small area clear of rocks. It seems that he protected against the rockslide and made the rocks bounce harmlessly to the side. Fortunately Sandile was prepared for such an occasion and flings dark waves of energy towards the lilly pad. However no flinching occurs and Lotad finishes this match-up with more typespam, a sphere of clear water engulfing the crocodile and blasting him with supersonic waves, leaving him unconscious after it bursts.

Results:

Lotad took some damage and used a bit of energy, nothing serious.

Sandile is unable to battle, next mon and orders please Icarus.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #60
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Al, up high. Stay in that position, remaining evasive as you fire off an Air Cutter. Twice.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:57 AM   #61
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

Knock him down with a Water Gun aimed at the wings as he prepares to charge his second Air Cutter. If that works well, a Toxic shall suffice. If not, a Teeter Dance.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #62
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 12: A new challenger appears.

Second from Icarus is his Murkrow, Al Capone: Al Capone (Murkrow) Lv.2- Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”pokédex”
Murkrow (Dark/Flying): Murkrow are symbols of woe amongst Pokémon and people, particularly when seen at night. Murkrow can see in the dark, and fight more enthusiastically at night.
The Krow is up high and starts the round by bringing forward a gust of wind laced with cutting pockets of flying energy. Lotad is not amused and prepares his own attack. Al goes in for the repeat but Lotad is ahead of him, firing his watergun just before Murkrow can get the attack going. The watergun hits and disrupts Murkrow out of his attack and makes him drop a few feet. A perfect opportunity to get the passive damage going, which Lotad beautifully takes advantage off, spewing toxic sludge over the crow.

Results:
Lotad took a harsh hit, almost out of his first third. On the energy front he’s still fine but poison is running low.

Al also took some damage, but he’s still fine. He didn’t use much energy either but toxic will start working next round.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #63
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

A Teeter Dance, then make a dash to the tree. If taunted, go for a Scald at his wings instead.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #64
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Okay, happy to oblige.

Taunt as you rise. Drop down with a Drill Peck once he Scalds, avoiding the attack (and landing a hit!). Retreat back into the air afterwards.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:03 AM   #65
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 13: Dive bombing

Lotad prepares himself to do a weird dance, however Al insults his dancing before he can even begin. Saying that with those stubby feet any dancing he’ll do would be the world’s worst. Lotad is furious about this insult, his family dances for generations. He fires a stream of boiling hot water at Al, who responds by dive bombing right through it, spinning wildly. No evasions because drill peck =/= fly. The spinning however does deflect some of the water and he avoids burns. Lotad on the other hand receives massive damage as the raven slams into him before using the momentum to ascend a little bit.

Results:

Lotad took a huge hit, below half now. He didn’t use much energy though.

Al took his first poison damage plus some from scald, still nothing serious. Energy was fine as well.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #66
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Spiral out and upwards as you fire off an Air Cutter. Haze.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #67
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

Intercept it with a Scald at the wings. If he drops down enough for you to see him in the haze, Leech Seed, aiming for the mouth. If not, run with your life and take cover in the trees.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #68
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 14: Everyone’s hiding.

Given last round’s glorious success Al opts to continue with the typespam, and prepares for an aircutter. At the same time Lotad goes for another scald, sadly this time he isn’t in time to prevent air cutter completely but the attack is cut short. Drenched again Al squawks and blurs out a dark cloud of haze, someone should stop smoking all those cigars. The cloud is quite effective at concealing the crow, so Lotad doesn’t risk missing the leech-seed and dashes into the foliage, blending in quite nicely.

Results:
Both pokémon took about the same amount of damage, but Lotad used a tad more energy. Neither of them can locate the other at the moment and Al took more toxic damage.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #69
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

Stay hidden. Give him a Scald at the wings only if you can see him completely.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:55 PM   #70
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Rise above the haze, then once he shoots his Scald, allow yourself to drop. After you see it pass above you, Drill Peck into where the attack came from. Return back to the cloud afterwards.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #71
Connor
Who Knows?

PM your squads, I'm commandeering. You'll get next round refereeing within the next 48 hours.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #72
Connor
Who Knows?

Al slowly rises within the thick gas of the haze surrounding his body. As he eventually emerges above the obscuring cloud, Kappa's eyes widen, a small grin forming on his face as he realises his opportunity. Narrowing his eyes to squint and better identify his foe, he inhales silently, before compressing his lungs sharply. A blasting stream of scalding water suddenly erupts towards Al, and the Murkrow drops sharply, wincing somewhat as the trail end of the pressurised water catches his body. His target identified, the Murkrow draws his wings tightly into his body, diving directly for the area where the previous attack sourced. As he watches the thin foliage rustling somewhat, his eyes narrow, and he begins to propel himself through the air with an even greater speed by gyrating his body. Resembling a deadly black drill, he carves through the air brutally, before finally slicing through the foliage covering Kappa. The Lotad has no time to react as the Murkrow suddenly crashes into him, and can only scream out in agony as his body desperately tries to withstand the horrible blow. Al, pleased with his performance, uses the momentum from his dive to propel himself skywards once again, coming to a rest within the haze.

Kappa is hovering just above critical health now, while Al is just above the midpoint. Both are refreshed.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #73
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

CONNOR I LOVE YOU <3

Um I'll send my squads and order shortly
Old 04-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #74
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

From within, Air Cutter at the Lotad. You should remember where you attacked, so aim there. If you see him move, then just aim at him. Follow with another.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:12 PM   #75
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

How did Kappa ninja-detect Murkrow? The Mist should've obscured his vision which means my conditional order would haven't came until after he came in for Drill Peck.

Anyways, thanks for taking this Connor :3

[Current WF Adventure]
(lol totally should update these links)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL