UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 12-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Connor
Who Knows?

UPN PASBL: Salamencia (C) vs. Kingothestone (A)

Quote:
Salamencia (C) vs kingothestone (A)
2 vs. 2
48 HR DQ
Singles
Equilevel 1
Slapstick
Switch = KO
Forest Arena
Here we have a battle between a member who is a regular of the ASB, and another who is quickly becoming a regular. You both know the order of proceedings, so without further adieu, Squad up Sal.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #2
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Apologies for the delay; I probably took this match too seriously but I wanted to make sure I balanced this squad. Good luck Kots and thanks for picking this up Penguin.

Norbert, the Norwegian Ridgeback: Male Fraxure (Level 2) - Uplevel
Hidden Power: Ground
No Signature Move

Felix: Male Togepi (Level 1)
Hidden Power: Fighting
No Signature Move

Steve: Male Xatu (Level 1)
No Signature Move

Dye-Are-Hoe-Ia (DAHI): Male Stunfisk (Level 1)
Hidden Power: Ice
No Signature Move

Jean, the Gene Genie: Genderless Solosis (Level 1)
Jean’s a huge biology geek; think Dave (TheFishGuy), but more generally knowledgeable. Unfortunately, she’s not incredibly well versed in English, being a Pokémon, so she doesn’t often attempt to share this information. But it’s there. A true scientist, she finds the whole Pokémon physics thing a shade disconcerting. But she’s no physicist, so she tends to shrug it off easily enough.
Named for a famous David Bowie single, Jean is a massive fan of his. Quite fortunate, really, considering her name was conjured before her personality was invented discovered. Finding it quite difficult to develop any kind of Bowie-related signature move, she instead concentrated on the particular song that named her. After watching Disney’s rendition of Aladdin countless times, we finally settled on a technique that might be passable. Win/win situation; Aladdin’s a good film.

Signature Technique: Three Wishes
Once per battle, Jean can expend major energy to send three orbs of energy skyward. Each orb contains the same amount of energy (moderate), and will grow a minor amount each round, up to a maximum of significant energy per orb. These orbs will remain when Jean is KOd or otherwise returned to her ball, and will travel with the battlers if there is an arena change (e.g. Dave’s Dark Gym). Furthermore, they are not volatile, and will not explode when hit with anything. As a move, Jean or her team-mates can “recall” one of the orbs, at which point it will drop down and enter the recipient’s body, triggering its effect. Each orb can be one of three types, all of which must be declared when ordered, and each orb type has a slightly different effect, denoted by a different colour:
Type A: Red in colour, this orb restores energy equal to the energy it currently holds.
Type B: Milky white, this orb restores energy from one type pool (selected when ordering to recall that orb) equal to the energy currently in the orb, at the expense of all reserves of one other random type energy. This drain applies at the same time as the recovery.
Type C: Tinted deep blue, this orb will recover health equal to the energy it currently holds. This orb counts as a “healing move”, and as such only one Type C orb can ever be created.
Excluding the limit on Type C, the orbs can be any type, so one could order “ABC”, “AAC” or even “BBB”. After an orb has been recalled, Jean and her allies must wait 5 whole rounds before attempting to recall another. As the orbs are all different colours, it is possible to tell which is which at any time, and thus possible to order which orb to “recall”. The order for this attack is "Three Wishes ([Types])". For example, "Three Wishes (AAB)" would result in 2 Type A and 1 Type B.

Tyson: Male Hitmontop (Level 1)
Recently renamed due to trying to sig him, Tyson is rather a fan of his own ability to spin. He takes quite some enjoyment from spinning around in the park, to try and improve his spatial awareness while spinning. He recently noticed an episode of “Beyblade” (the old stuff; back when people I knew actually watched it), and was fascinated by the unrealistic, physics-breaking stuff he was seeing. He began spinning harder and faster, trying desperately to emulate this. Realising he needed some better movepool options, I decided to get him to add some energy to this, and a new move was born.
Hidden Power: Dark
Special Attack: Beyblade (Fighting)
Tyson spins while coating himself in Fighting energy, similar to Gyro Ball, before slamming into the opponent, dealing significant damage for the same amount of energy. Tyson can also use a ranged version, with the spinning motion generating a vortex of Fighting energy and air, similar to Twister, dealing significant damage for high energy.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #3
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Apologies for taking so long with this. I'm hosting a tournament over in SPPF Comp and that's basically taken up all my time over the past 2 weeks. I'll be quicker with orders, though. Good luck, Sal, and thanks for reffing, Connor.

----------------

Zeus

[Level 1 Male Elekid]
I met Zeus up in the mountains, training with a group of Beartic. For some reason, they had accepted him as one of their own. He is incredibly comfortable in colder arenas. While in the mountains, I met a hermit who told me Zeus' story.

Another trainer had been searching the mountains looking for Pokemon when an egg he was carrying began to hatch. Unable to care for the freshly hatched Elekid, and in a terrible rush, the trainer had left the baby behind the hermit's hut. Alone and forgotten, the Elekid began to climb the mountain, looking for some sort of safety from the elements. He managed to find a cave after hours of searching, and made his way inside. His rest, however, was to be short-lived. It seemed that the cave was home to a particularly ornery Haxorus that apparently dwelled deep within the mountain. The beast quickly chased the baby Elekid out into the harsh elements once more, where he tumbled down the mountainside, coming to a stop just before a second cave. Bruised and battered, the baby Elekind crawled inside and and fell to the ground, unconscious.

When he awoke, the Elekid found himself surrounded by a group of Beartic. He jumped to his feet, ready to fight, but the Beartic looked concerned rather than angry. He told them his story of the Haxorus, and they took pity on him. They decided that, since he had nobody else, they would train him. And train him they did. For 6 months they worked together, teaching the young electric type some ice type moves while shying away from moves that could prove dangerous should the baby ever turn on the larger group. After 6 months, the Elekid had learned all he could from the Beartic, but he was still not content. He told the Beartic that, in order to prove himself capable, he had to best the Haxorus. Despite their warnings, the Elekid set out once more up the mountain, returning to that fateful cave.

Before he even took a step inside, the Elekid heard a deafening howl from within the cavern. He took a moment to work up his nerve, and then scurried into the cave. Once there, he once again met his opponent. A fierce battle ensued, with Elekid fighting valiantly, combining his natural moves with those that he had been taught by the Beartic. After a long, long confrontation, the Haxorus finally went down, and the Elekid let out an echoing victory screech before hurrying down the mountainside to tell his companions his story.

[Hidden Power]
Ice

[Special Training: Kheimon's Blessing]
Zeus has gained an Ice Familiarity and can now use Ice Beam, Ice Shard and Powder Snow. Due to his training, he never learned any fire type moves. He also never learned Focus Punch, Cross Chop, Dynamicpunch, Rolling Kick, Brick Break or Rock Smash due to the Beartic he trained with being afraid of those moves in particular.

---------------------------

Ares

[Level 1 Male Mankey]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Psychic

Orithya

[Level 1 Female Swinub]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Ice

Apollo

[Level 1 Male Kricketune]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Water

Aether

[Level 2 Male Fearow]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Flying
[/spoiler]

Antaeus

[Level 1 Male Gible]
[Biography]
I stumbled upon Antaeus one day while exploring Stark Mountain. The little dragon, for some reason, was obsessed with trying to fly, and continuously hurled himself off of cliffs in an attempt to become airborne. He was, of course, completely unsuccessful, but he did manage to create some impressive damage in the ground where he landed. After capturing him, we decided to use his love for flying to his advantage, teaching him different methods with which to fall onto opponents. His favorite, we learned recently, is a straight body slam, although he also enjoys employing Iron Tail to spear his opponents.

[Hidden Power]
Fire

[Special Training: Leaps of Faith]
Any physical attack that Antaeus uses while coming down on his opponent from above inflicts 1.25x the normal damage. Antaeus receives recoil damage proportional to the strength of the attack, and there is a 15% chance that he will be disoriented after the attack. That chance increases to 30% if the attack involves his head.

A mix of some of my favorites and some that I really want to try out for the first time. Let's start off with an old favorite, though. Zeus, lock and load.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Tyson, get yerself out there.

Vacuum Wave, followed by Mach Punch. Keeping it light.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #5
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Toxic and then a psychic wave
Old 01-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #6
Connor
Who Knows?

The dank Forest floor is spotted with slight patches of illumination, the canopy above blotting out much of the Sun's rays. The relative peace of the Forest is broken only momentarily and fleetingly, the raised cry of distant Pokemon sounding infrequently. However, the relative peace is soon to be broken. Twigs broken underfoot, irritated cries as branches catch on bodies - two trainers walk into a small clearing, grinning at one another before hurriedly reaching for Pokeballs. Challenge issued - challenge accepted. The first Pokeball goes spinning through the air, reaching the apex of it's arc before splitting open. A shining red beam of energy erupts outwards from the capsule, striking the ground before quickly dissipating. The air suddenly becomes statically charged for a brief second, as the Elekid before us begins to psyche itself up for the battle to come. Zeus looks at the opposing trainer curiously, wondering who is to be his opponent. The trainer answers readily, throwing his own Pokeball into the air, before revealing his selection to be a Hitmontop, named Tyson. The two Pokemon give each other respectful glances before adopting combative stances, awaiting their individual orders.

Tyson is the first of the two combatants to move. Coating his right fist in Fighting- type energy, the Hitmontop quickly thrusts his fist forward in a neating punching motion, sending a small orb of energy cruising through the air. The orb crashes into Zeus, the Elekid barely flinching in the face of the Vacuum Wave attack. Quickly darting forward, he expels a large gob of Toxic- looking sludge from his mouth, the roughly spherical projectile slamming into Tyson and erupting on contact, coating him in a thin layer of the poisonous substance. He grimaces slightly as he feels the toxins rushing into his bloodstream, where they will lie dormant until next round. However, he quickly shakes off the slight shock he felt, once more coating his right fist in a thin layer of Fighting- type energy. Slamming his fist forward once more, the Hitmontop this time follows through with his Punch, hurtling towards Zeus at Mach speed. Crashing into the Elekid, the momentum of the move manages to knock him backwards slightly, but he quickly regains his footing. His eyes suddenly flash with a radiant blue energy, a wave of Psychic- energy suddenly blasting outwards from the Electric- type. The energy washes over Tyson, the Hitmontop quickly grabbing his head as the Psychic- type energy assaults his mental faculties. The round closes with Tyson glaring at his opponent, insulted by the large amount of damage he's sustained already.

Tyson took a big blow this round, sitting about halfway through his first third. Zeus took decidedly less damage, and has opened a small lead. Conversely, Tyson holds a slight lead over Zeus in the energy department, though neither yet require breathers.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:26 AM   #7
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

thunderbolt into ice beam
Old 01-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Right. Your own Toxic, followed by a Drill Run. Mimicry? Never!

WF

Old 01-16-2014, 06:27 AM   #9
Connor
Who Knows?

Zeus begins the round staring his opponent down, the small Elekid clearly feeling unsettled by his foes rotational movements. The air around him suddenly sparks with static electricity, and Zeus is covered in a yellow aura, a huge build up of Electric- type energy becoming evident in the Elekid's body. With a defiant cry, a vicious Thunderbolt suddenly leaps between our two combatants, Tyson clearly cringing visibly as the attack surges through his system. He stops spinning momentarily, quickly leaping to his feet. Glaring at Zeus, he sends forth a huge gob of a Toxic looking substance, which promptly crashes over the Elekid and leaves him decidedly drenched. Shaking the foul material off his body, Zeus shudders slightly as the toxins begin to seep into his body, lying dormant in his bloodstream for now. Gritting his teeth, Zeus begins to condense a small sphere of energy before his mouth, the cyan energy issuing a barely audible screeching as it is formed. The orb suddenly dissipates, sending forth a jagged Beam of Ice- type energy. The beam strikes Tyson dead in the chest, knocking the Hitmontop back somewhat and leaving a small patch of ice adhered to the stricken area. Grumbling to himself, Tyson quickly leaps back onto his head, coating his feet in Ground- type energy. Spinning with an incredible velocity, he quickly rushes towards Zeus, striking the Elekid with a Drill Run and sending him crashing through the air, where he slams into a tree. Sliding to the base, Zeus picks himself up, looking mildly disorientated and fairly battered.

Tyson fell into his second third with this round, and the Toxic is starting to hurt. Zeus took a pretty nasty hit and now sits barely above his second third, with Toxic laying dormant until next round. Energy wise, both remain good for two.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #10
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Apologies for not ordering, but this is kind of pertinent. How are we in terms of fatigue?

WF

Old 01-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #11
Connor
Who Knows?

Roughly equal. Tyson is doing better from an energy viewpoint, but the health disparity is putting them on more or less equal footing. They probably have a round of two movers equalling average-ish energy left before necessitating a breather.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #12
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Sal, I'm sorry, but I kinda want a slot back for a more active opponent. I know you have a lot going on right now, and if/when you return I'd love to get a rematch going. Since you posted that TA saying you're really busy, I'm just going to request to cancel this match.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #13
Connor
Who Knows?

In line with the above sentiment, I'm going to officially cancel this match. Salamencia and Kingothestone each receive a battle slot.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #14
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Totally understand. Thanks for being patient for as long as you were, to be frank. Yeah, turns out I checked the site the day of the cancellation.

WF

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL