UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
Mew The Gato
Smile

UPN PASBL: swampertforever (C) Vs. Zekrom25 (A)

Statictics:

Quote:
6 vs 6
Equilevel 1
48 HR DQ
Slapstick Rules
Return=KO
Pumello Arena
Welcome one, welcome all, to this Pummelo Stadium!

Quote:
The stadium sits atop a hill overlooking the city. A statue of a Dragonite is situated at the top of the stadium. It is a Colosseum with lights and a scoreboard, its size rivaling even Indigo Plateau. Today's field will remain the same for the remainder of the match. It is a Rock Arena with a pool sitting in the middle of the field. The diameter of the pool is about the size of two fully stretched out Gyarados, so Pokemon that are any larger than that are unable to fit within pool.
I had to fix the grammar.

As mentioned by swampertforever, this is the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny! Another troper, yay! This is the final battle that shall take place between the two combatants for a Pokemon that has not been implemented into the PASBL yet. Let the battle begin!

And even though this is the final showdown, I am going to mention the order.

- swampertforever posts his squad of 6 Pokemon.
- Zekrom25 posts his squad of 6 Pokemon, and chooses his first Pokemon, without orders.
- swampertforever chooses his own Pokemon and orders.
- Zekrom25 orders.
- I ref the round.
- The next round, the order changes, so...
- Zekrom25 orders.
- swampertforever orders.
- And so on...
Old 12-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Thanks Mew!
Good luck Zekrom! Remember, only one will survive. I wonder who it will be?

Meet the Team:
Marshy - Level 2 Male Marshtomp
Spoiler: show
Bio: Marshy holds a special place in my heart; he was my very first Pokemon and he has grown with me through the years as my partner in all sorts of wacky adventures. He is just as quirky as I am, and even more free-spirited, but he is cursed with being, how you say, prone to accidents. Nothing major really - just eating hot food without blowing on it, Walking into doors, falling down randomly in the street. You know, odd things like that. He even managed to catch a case of headlice. HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE HAIR.
Still, can't say every day isn't a barrel of laughs with my oldest pal. He isn't even affected anymore, his skin roughening up a little to reduce impact. Fun that means his body produces
Hidden Power: N/A
Special Training: Idiotproofing (Water)
Due to Marshy's tendency to get hurt a lot, his body has naturally found a way to soften the impact from each and every mishap. His wet, slimy body has now gotten even more wet and slimy, in order to soften impact damage dealt to him. This means that Physical attacks deal only 0.75x their damage to Marshy. In exchange, Marshy now counts as a "wet Ground type", meaning that his resistance to Electricity has been removed. That's right, I'm trading Electric Immunity for a defense boost.

Magnus - Level 1 Male Magby
Bio Pending...

Caprice - Level 1 Female Chatot
Bio Pending...

Lee - Level 1 Male Sewaddle *Shiny*
Bio: "Lucky" Lee Sewaddle. That was his nickname ever since I hatched him. He's always been a delightful little fellow, Always so .friendly and polite, he'd even try to befriend the Moltres about to burn him alive. Because of this, he is a helper 'mon by nature, willing to aid anyone who asks for it. This is his biggest flaw, however. The poor lil' bug is such a pushover. He could never really say no to anyone, even those with ill intentions. He never lost his smile though, even when forced to hurt another pokemon he'd been told to attack, forced to pilfer items for a common crook, forced to go against his own nature. I never noticed any of this, though, until one day he was told to turn on me by someone. It took me, Bella, Blue and Dikune to stop him going through with the hit, at which point he did something I never saw him do before. He cried. My upbeat little bug cried. He admitted to all his misdeeds to me, and just sat in my arms crying. I asked him how he could just keep it all bottled up like this. He showed me how. It was an attack I had never seen before, and as I closely inspected his body I could tell he had been hitting himself with it. With a bit of dream therapy courtesy of myself and 'Kune, He finally could get over the actions he had been dragged into, but he still never forgot that new attack. So we made the most of it, making it a secret attack to turn the tides on those preparing to hurt him.

Hidden Power: Rock
Special Attack: Binding Blade (Typeless)
Lee charges Typeless energy into his Leaf hat blade and slashes the opponent, dealing Significant damage. If this attack connects, if the last attack the opponent had used was off type (not of the Pokemon's original types, for example Wooper using Ice Punch or Togepi using Nasty Plot etc), that type is considered 'Bound', meaning the opposing Pokemon cannot use attacks that require that type of energy for 3 rounds. For slightly more Energy, this attack can be sent at the opponent as a ranged attack, with the energy forming a solid-like ring of radius 2cm. Only one type of energy can be bound at a time, Normal and Typeless energy cannot be bound, and this attack can only be used 2 times a battle.

Whimsy - Level 1 Male Snover *Shiny*
Bio: I never caught Whimsy, per se. I was just out one Winter Day, trying to find Scrappy after he did one of his trademark "battle hunts" and he was just there, talking to my Croconaw as if he wasn't about to get hurt. There clearly had been some connection between the two as Scrappy was the one who invited Whimsy back to our house, and used the Pokeball on the guy. Then again, I'm not complaining; he was a new friend for me, and the only real friend Scrappy had.
Whimsy is such a relaxed guy it is funny. He wouldn't fight unless it was really necessary, all other times he'd try to befriend the Pokemon he was battling. His nature is pretty infectious, actually - when you're with Whimsy you can't help but be mellow and benevolent. The only Pokemon that isn't really affected by Whimsy's "vibes" is Scrappy, which helps because sometimes Whimsy's lighthearted nature could lead him into danger and he needs a guard. But I'm starting to think that Whimsy's friendship with Scrappy is much more than that, I just don't know what's going on between them...

Hidden Power: Ground
Attached Item: Harvester's Token
Special Training: Hypsnowsis (Ice/Grass)
Ice Attacks that Whimsy learns that are capable of freezing the opponent no longer freeze. Instead, after being infused with Grass energy, they send the foe to sleep. No really, hear me out.
The chance of Sleep being afflicted is about half the freeze chance of the attack - for example, Mist wouldn't send them to sleep, Ice Beam has a small chance to send them to sleep, Icy wind even smaller (considering it is just a weak Blizzard it could probably freeze), Sheer Cold would have a pretty high chance but not certainly, etc. To balance this, All Ice attacks he uses now cost 1.5x more energy, with the extra half being taken from his Grass energy pool. This does not make his Ice attacks dual-typed for the sake of super/not very-effectiveness, the normal Ice type effectiveness scale is used. (For example, the Ice attacks are still resisted by Water types).

Ralph - Level 1 Male Rhyhorn
Bio Pending...

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 12-25-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: making things neat
Old 12-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Level 1 Male Tyrogue

Level 1 Male Sandshrew

Level 1 Male Charmander
Signature Move: Firey Tail Rage

Charmander was training to be the best he Trained by using the flame on his tail to get his flame as big as he could and channeling his Fire-type energy to it for battle. As a result, he learned this attack.
Special Attack: Firey Tail Rage (Fire)

Level 1 Male Deino

Level 1 Male Larvitar

Level 2 Male Wartortle

i'll send out Level 1 Male Larvitar first

UPN PASBL

Last edited by Zekrom25; 01-09-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Alright, let's start this war dance, shall we? Let's Wreck it, Ralph!
Start with a Swords Dance, then rush in with a Drill Run!

Quote:
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Larvitar lets win this
Start with a Dragon Dance, then rush in with a Body Slam

UPN PASBL
Old 12-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #6
Mew The Gato
Smile

Round 1: Know Yourself

The Ultimate Battle of Ultimate Destiny begins with both trainers arriving at the field of battle, wearing figurative armour, and literal weapons in the shape of Pokeballs. Zekrom25 shoots his weapon into the air first, blasting a blinding flash of red light. He reveals his primary weapon to be a Larvitar, a grim expression on the small Pokemon's face. The opponent, swampertforever, is not going to rest in peace, either, as he reveals his own weapon to be Ralph, a sturdy Rhyhorn.

Quote:
Larvitar (Rock/Ground): A trainer may order Larvitar to eat the soil as a move. Larvitar will eat a mouthful, increasing its health and energy a little. Poisonous soil will have the opposite effect, damaging Larvitar instead of healing it. Larvitar can see in the dark.
Rock: Rock types generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to unskilled (non-fighting) blows. However, most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. Rock types prefer heat to cold.
Ground: Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).

Rhyhorn (Ground/Rock): Slung low to the ground, Rhyhorn are excellent at charging and tackling attacks. Any ramming attacks a Rhyhorn uses are more effective, as a Rhyhorn will be able to hit the Pokémon and keep running, adding a little “trampling” damage.
Ralph, with his priority orders, commences the battle, opting to get a head start by using a boosting moves right off the bat. He manages to balance on his strong hind legs for a brief interval, holding his horn high like a Sword, as he spins his head as if he were Dancing. The small wind created does not affect the battle in any way, however. Although the move was not in vain, of course. Raplh feels his battle spirit flying sky high, as his physical attack power simply skyrockets.

At the same time, the Larvitar is not going to miss this glorious opportunity, either, as he starts off with his own boosting move, spinning in a similar fashion, although he stands on one foot while doing this, instead. He holds his hands high, as he performs a Dance so magnificent that it makes the tiny Pokemon seem to be a Dragon. It feels both its muscles loosening and its spirits soaring, as it feels the boosts to both his physical attack power, and especially his speed.

Now having properly prepared himself for battle, Ralph prepares to execute his next attack. He scrapes his foot on the rocky terrain, checking the fastest speed he could possibly manage, considering it. He then breaks into a Run towards his opponent, his horn suddenly spinning like a Drill, while also promptly cloaking it with Ground Type energy. The sturdy Pokemon rams into the Larvitar, sending him flying a short distance, having deals absolutely devastating damage, especially after the boost.

The Larvitar promptly gets up, attempting to proceed with his own orders in retaliation. However, he then promptly turns his head slightly to look at his trainer, a puzzled expression on his face. Turns out that he cannot really learn the move... it is a simple enough action, of course, so he manages to just jump on his opponent in a Body Slam. It, however, does a very small amount of damage, due to both the fact that Ralph was heavier, and the fact that he was resistant to unskilled physical blows.

At the end of the round, Ralph used a fair amount of energy; nothing of concern yet. He took little damage.

Larvitar took a beating, and is now mostly through his first third. He shall remain fresh the next round due to the relatively low energy use. Relatively.

Last edited by Mew The Gato; 12-26-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #7
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Sorry to rudely interrupt, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew The Gato View Post
Turns out that he cannot really learn the move...
*Fires Evidence Bullet: Larvitar's Veekun Page*

You've got that wrong. *Statement Shatters*
Sorry, no rudeness meant, I just wanted to quote Dangan Ronpa. But Seriously, Larvitar learns Body Slam via 3rd Gen move tutor. May I recommend, one ref to another, using Veekun over Bulbapedia? It's much neater and gives you every move a pokemon can learn in any generation without having to navigate every other page looking. It won't change much, but... Just being fair.

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
Mew The Gato
Smile

...oh... I see. Very well. Edited. But that picture was weird.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #9
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Blame Japan. XD

Anywho, back to our regularly scheduled battle. Zekrom, order please!

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Larvitar
begin with Iron Defense then use Earthquake on Ryhorn

UPN PASBL
Old 12-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #11
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Raising your defences? Smart, but Iron Defence leaves you wide open!
Ralph, no rock is too hard for you to wreck!
Rock Smash Larvitar after he uses Iron Defence - his harder body should make the move stronger! Then ignore his higher defence with Earth Power!

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
Mew The Gato
Smile

Round 2: Curbstomp Battle

Larvitar, noticing that his opponent has had an immense boost to his physical attack, and the fact that the last attack he took had been physical, he decides to increase his physical defense in an attempt to deal with these attacks. He suddenly uses up energy from his Steel Type energy stocks in order to give his body a coating of Iron, which dramatically increases his physical Defense, although making his body much harder and heavier. It pretty much made Dragon Dance's speed boost pointless...

This, however, is exactly what Ralph was waiting for. Ralph cloaks his horn with Fighting Type energy, being unable to use his forelimbs instead. He draws in closer, having already been fairly close to his opponent. He proceeds to Smash the Larvitar's body with his horn, as if the Pokemon were a Rock... which is his Type. With another round of devastating damage, the Larvitar shrieks in pain, although his weight ensured that he does not get knocked over by the force of the blow.

The Larvitar recovers from the shock surprisingly quickly, considering the amount of damage he just sustained. He cloaks his hand with Ground Type energy, promptly smashing it into the ground, setting off an Earthquake. The attack releases shockwaves all around Larvitar, causing several rocks to crumble, and Ralph to take intense damage. Ralph takes extreme damage from the super effective move, his legs giving away momentarily, although he manages to avoid a fall.

Ralph, deciding that two can play at the game of using the ground to battle, smashes his right foot into the ground, transferring Ground Type energy into it. This causes the Earth itself to erupt under the Larvitar due to the sheer Power, dealing another round of extreme damage to it.

This was another abysmal round for Larvitar, who dropped under the half mark in terms of health already. His energy use was fairly high, too.

Ralph took a boatload of damage himself, although still in his first third of health. His energy use, while also being fairly high, is not to be fussed about... yet...
Old 12-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #13
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Hmm, time for a little painful choice.
Wait to see what he's going to do.
If he uses something Super effective on you, Bide it back!
If not, Earth Power!

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #14
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Protect against the Earthpower/Bide then cause another Earthquake

UPN PASBL
Old 12-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #15
Mew The Gato
Smile

Ralph waits for his opponent to make a move, Biding his time, but not as in the move. He is just waiting for his opponent to actually attack before he cloaks himself in red energy, lest he ends up wasting energy. However, seeing that his opponent is not making a move, either, he just follows his priority orders, lifting his right foot, then smashing it into the ground hard, transferring shock waves into the ground. The attack causes the Earth itself shift around Larvitar, dealing another round of ridiculous damage to him, due to the sheer Power of the move.

In retaliation, Larvitar uses his previous attack again, this time with his foot instead of hand. He cloaks his left foot with Ground Type energy, smashing it into the ground afterwards, sending shockwaves all around him. The rocks that had survived the last Earthquake, but still had been damaged, crumbled down, and Ralph momentarily collapsed out of pain. However, the strongly willed Pokemon recovered from the shock surprising quickly, still longing to battle further.

At the end of the round, Ralph finally dropped under the two thirds mark of his total health, well on his way to half health. He appreciated the one mover greatly.

On the other hand, Larvitar took another round of devastating damage, even dropping to his final third! Like Ralph, he also enjoyed the one mover round.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #16
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Dig down ( dodge any attacks while digging down ) & chill, however if earthquake shoud be used against you while you're underground dig up as fast as you can (to minimize damage )

UPN PASBL
Old 12-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #17
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

No Earthquake, eh?
Well... I won't use Earthquake.
Wait until he digs, then MAGNITUDE X2
However, if he surfaces after the first, replace the second with Aqua Tail!

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #18
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Magnitude would be treated the same as if ryhorn was using earthquake

UPN PASBL
Old 12-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #19
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Ah, but how could Larvitar tell the difference between an Earthquake and a Magnitude?
We'll just have to wait until Mew refs, as this is all refs discretion.

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #20
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

Magnitude is same as eartquake therefore no damage to minimal damage

UPN PASBL
Old 12-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #21
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Ok. Sorry about that, I was in the frame of mind that differentiated how the ground shakes. I was wrong, I apologise.
Now, back to our regularly scheduled battle!

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #22
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

ref please continue when possible

thank you

UPN PASBL
Old 12-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #23
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

i would like to be reminded which is why i posted

i wouldn't want a dq

UPN PASBL
Old 12-27-2013, 02:32 AM   #24
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Zek, refs cannot DQ you - they just ref them. Only your opponent can call DQ - and that's if you haven't ordered within the DQ time. You have ordered, I have responded to them, meaning you are in no position to be DQed so don't panic.
The rules on DQs can be found here. Read them please.
And I don't know why we have to remind you. Take some responsibility for your own actions - if you see Mew has posted, then check the battle occasionally to see if it's your order. Easy.

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #25
Mew The Gato
Smile

Round 4: Taken Down In Four Turns?

Larvitar, in an attempt to evade any further damage and just stall the match for whatever reason, bends down and starts Digging through the earth swiftly. The soil is not really as loose as a Lawn Arena, so it takes some time to dig a hole in. And all this while, Ralph, following his trainer's orders, just stands there, waiting for his opponent to proceed with his orders so that he could put his own plans into play. Getting bored a little, his attention wavers momentarily, before he hears the sound of the Larvitar jumping into the hole that it had managed to dig, making Ralph's mind alert again.

Ralph waits a few more seconds, waiting for the Larvitar to dig a good depth down, so that it has sufficient difficulty emerging from the soil again. Finally satisfied, Ralph lifts his right foot, strongly smashing it into the ground afterwards, with the sheer Magnitude of the attack causing the ground to shake vigorously. Having been taken by surprise, the Larvitar gets tossed around in its tunnel, the shockwaves reaching it, and deal ridiculous damage to the poor Pokemon, as a crack appears on the surface of the ground.

The Larvitar tries to quickly rise to the surface, struggling to dig his way out as fast as he can, but, as mentioned, the soil is not as loose as a Lawn Arena's. Before he can reach the surface, Ralph repeats his previous move, although this time standing up on his hind legs momentarily and then letting his forefeet fall in order to execute the move. The shockwaves again damage Ralph, the vigorous shaking dealing another round of intense damage to the Larvitar. He manages to dig to the surface of the ground, but then almost immediately collapse, unable to continue battling, with another small rift appearing in the soil to signify the defeat.

Larvitar is unable to battle! Zekrom25, send out your next Pokemon with orders.

As for Ralph, he took no damage this turn. Energy use was somewhat high, but his one mover last turn allows him to keep going without a breather.

Last edited by Mew The Gato; 12-27-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL