It's always a possibility.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 02-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #1952
Aposteriori
Banned

Im confused, but this merited some bugging.

Psych up was amended in this post. It is what we see live over at the move errata, but it was ratified over here.

Legit question: What trumps what? Or better yet, does a move rewrite only become canon (aka: usable) until it goes up on the errata first?
Old 02-07-2016, 04:14 PM   #1953
Jerichi
本✚能

It only becomes legal when it goes up on the errata, but I also didn't realize I had rewritten Psych Up twice.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:40 AM   #1954
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
What happens when a Ditto Transforms into a Smeargle? Do they just get the auto-grant and event moves, or do they get temporary "Sketch" slots that of course only last the battle (which would be essentially Mimic you can use more than once)?

I know, probably never happen, but good to know regardless.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:31 AM   #1955
Jerichi
本✚能

In this singular case I'd say they copy the moveset.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 02-09-2016, 12:40 AM   #1956
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Does the asb hazard version of spikes do ground damage or normal like in the game?
Also just so it is confirmed by an LO officially, does a substitute or the real pokemon use an attack? Or can it be ordered to come from either?

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 02-09-2016 at 02:36 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 AM   #1957
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Ok, so a match seems to have come to an have an agreed draw, namely this here. The last round ended up in the KO of a Trainer's pokemon, though. So how exactly would I have TP/KOs distributed, if any?
Old 02-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #1958
Aposteriori
Banned

Just a couple of questions I want to get down somewhere. I don't remember if I had asked Connor in PMs, but this would be a needed answer so people have a go to for Smeargle

Smeargle (Normal): Smeargle may use the move Sketch to permanently learn new moves. Smeargle may learn up to ten Sketched moves as a TL1 Pokémon. For each level that a Smeargle gains, it can learn an additional three moves, up to a maximum of 31 total Sketched moves (other moves which Smeargle can learn naturally do not count towards this limit). Moves which Smeargle has learned must be noted in the Miscellaneous Squad Submissions thread and recorded in the Pokémon’s biography. Moves can also be deleted freely using this thread. Smeargle may not Sketch the same move more than once without deleting it first and cannot Sketch signature moves or moves learned via signatures. The amount of off-type energy that Smeargle receives is proportional to the types of moves that it copies. Smeargle may also may use their tails to paint their surroundings or their foes. This counts as a move and can serve a variety of purposes, from marking gathering points to writing taunts that will enrage the opponent. Smeargle have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound based status attacks. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments.

We established that fauxmiarity is 4 to 5, depending on the type. Familiarity is likely not possible via regular means.

1) When it refers to proportional, is it 1 use if you have 1 of that type and standard amounts if you have 2 or more? In the case of Smeargle because he has that specific wording within the SC.

2) Complex annoying question: My chatot has 15 sketch slots, and about 1 move sketched of some types. Since it is technically not proportional amounts based on Chatot not having that limitation, and more weaknesses overall. Is it one use of the move or two?

Also, we established that dual typed moves such as Muddy Water share the same pool as lets say Earthquake and Water Gun, which by that I mean with those three moves Smeargle technically has 2 water moves and 2 ground moves.

Dual typed moves use half and half to fire off the attack based on their description. My specific Smeargle at the time of the match has 2 ground moves with Earthquake and Muddy Water, and no additional water move.

3) Does it gain 1 use or 2 uses?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #1959
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
You cannot be serious.
I know it is common sense once you get a hang of things. However simple you may think these questions are to answer on your own, it is better to have somewhere to quote from so the LOs dont need to double down on the work at a later date. For example, a new referee was unsure about these scenarios per say. Proportional energies for a Smeargle with 1 move? GG, Smeargle becomes broken within the first 17 moves sketched. If it was indeed intended to be 2 or more, then Smeargle needs to be smart about what it sketches. With the use of the search function, this question can just be directed to as an official answer.

No need for it to become a written rule on the site, but more of a quotable unwritten rule. If it is referee's discretion, that works as an official answer. If there is a set parameter, that works even better.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:27 AM   #1960
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Slash just needs to write up a guide to poke smeargling.... but yeah while im not a new referee (i have reffed for quite some time now) this is the first time i have had to ref smeargle and while i have heard mention of it having different offtype pools, i was unable to find a proper account of this. I assumed that it would be 1 move sketched equals 1 use, same as hidden power. 2 moves provides regular offtype, but then from there i had no clue what to go off of.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:30 AM   #1961
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Slash just needs to write up a guide to poke smeargling.... but yeah while im not a new referee (i have reffed for quite some time now) this is the first time i have had to ref smeargle and while i have heard mention of it having different offtype pools, i was unable to find a proper account of this. I assumed that it would be 1 move sketched equals 1 use, same as hidden power. 2 moves provides regular offtype, but then from there i had no clue what to go off of.
Exactly. This is the norm. By new I mean, you haven't possibly encountered every awkward ASB scenario such as the A refs. Heck, I haven't either. What I want is to make sure we can just double check, and never have to think twice about it. Referee's discretion as an answer works great too! We, the Smeargle users, just need to double check with the ref!
Old 02-11-2016, 10:12 AM   #1962
Mercutio
Banned

Wow I obviously deleted that too slowly.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:11 PM   #1963
Jerichi
本✚能

Smeargle is now banned.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 02-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #1964
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
While amusing, Jeri, perhaps this isn't the place for such sarcastic quips? This is supposed to be the S/I thread where LO rulings are intended to be law, after all.

(also didn't someone claim they'd stay out of S/I for a month?)
Old 02-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #1965
Jerichi
本✚能

I really don't feel like parsing Smeargle right now.

It'll happen eventually.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 02-11-2016, 09:53 PM   #1966
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggg5 View Post
Does the asb hazard version of spikes do ground damage or normal like in the game?
and the projectile version for that matter. we might want to confirm this in the desc since it might be different than what people assume

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
Old 02-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #1967
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew The Gato View Post
Can Ghost Types that are not explicitly inorganic like Golurk and Aegislash breathe underwater? This includes not only Pokemon like Sableye, but also Pokemon like Mismagius. If they are indeed able to breathe underwater, why so, given the fact that they can now be poisoned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
I really don't understand your question since the two you listed are the most explicitly inorganic. I think you're greatly misinterpreting the new Ghost rules - unless stated explicitly, Ghost types are generally inorganic and do not need to breathe (therefore can stay underwater) and only those that are specifically organic (which includes only Sableye and the plant Ghosts) + Frillish/Jellicent can be poisoned.
Inorganic has a solid definition, and some ghosts dont have an explicit mention made of that they are able breathe underwater separately from not being inorganic. No amount of common sensing is helping out. Ghost are weird. Do all ghost have the ability to breathe undewater? If not all the. which ones?

If that is too cumbersome, at least I would like an answer to my original ref q/a question, can the gastly line breathe undewater?
Old 02-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #1968
Jerichi
本✚能

Gastly, being gas, does not need to breath.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:46 AM   #1969
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Gastly, being gas, does not need to breath.
Thank you! Are gases affected by spores?
Old 02-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #1970
Jerichi
本✚能

Last time I said no it caused a rule crisis so I'm just going to say yes unless there is clear counterevidence.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 02-15-2016, 12:12 PM   #1971
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Last time I said no it caused a rule crisis so I'm just going to say yes unless there is clear counterevidence.
There really isn't. This has been in the back of my mind. Thank you for the answer.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:02 PM   #1972
Zelphon
Happy October

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Seeing as we have a very strict code involving pokemon types in Type themed gyms I just wanted to ask.

Are Castform and Ditto allowed to do Castform and Ditto things in a Normal gym?

Old 02-25-2016, 01:02 PM   #1973
Mercutio
Banned

I was considering taking up Normal again on the stipulation that I may only use gimmicky shite like those two and Smeargle.

Make it happen Jeri.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:43 PM   #1974
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
So no one is going to like what I'm suggesting, but can we please have a cooldown on the amount of stuff in the Mew thread and other similar threads? I don't think we're actually solving any problems as of late and its just nitpicky, unnecessary changes that are being brought upon by personal moaning and insistence on how people believe things should be run.

It's also creating a really bad atmosphere where if you aren't loud and you aren't involved in everything, nothing you say matters. Which isn't good and is honestly very stressful. Just pointing out as well that my opinions on the nature of the changes as of late is not a reflection on anybody in particular, I myself have even spearheaded a change or two, but I honestly think that we need a little while to chill and let ASB de-stress. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like the constantness of it.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Old 02-25-2016, 05:49 PM   #1975
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
So no one is going to like what I'm suggesting, but can we please have a cooldown on the amount of stuff in the Mew thread and other similar threads? I don't think we're actually solving any problems as of late and its just nitpicky, unnecessary changes that are being brought upon by personal moaning and insistence on how people believe things should be run.

It's also creating a really bad atmosphere where if you aren't loud and you aren't involved in everything, nothing you say matters. Which isn't good and is honestly very stressful. Just pointing out as well that my opinions on the nature of the changes as of late is not a reflection on anybody in particular, I myself have even spearheaded a change or two, but I honestly think that we need a little while to chill and let ASB de-stress. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like the constantness of it.
My propositions on the thread are as indicated, and 75% of them are either asking for clarification or closing loopholes. The other 25% are fine tuning. Jeri gets to these moves in batches, so rather than have Jeri do small sit downs several times he can do one clean sit down and put the nail on the coffin for all of my suggestions; in the previous thread they were glossed over or ignored. Now I have a platform for Jeri to either say "no this change is not beneficial, the move stays as is" or "I like your proposition, let's improve the move."
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries