UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #76
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Yeah it's one of the only genderless Pokémon that is.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #77
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

seems like a silly question, but... still think it needs an obvious answer.

If you are banned, I assume you cant order from UPN for the match in the other forums, correct?
Old 12-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #78
Mercutio
Banned

Banned?
Old 12-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #79
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Banned?
Skarm got banned over at serebii for breaking rules in a different section of the forums. Would he be allowed to send me the orders over at UPN? (I personally, don't think that would be allowed, hence why i asked here ;.; )
Old 12-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #80
Jerichi
本✚能

How long is he banned?

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 12-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #81
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I think we'd be fine with it as long as he hasn't been causing trouble with ASB; the SPPf mod team are, largely, complete assholes and tend to cause us trouble so I don't much care what they say. If his ban is only like a week or something though then people can just wait on him.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #82
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
How long is he banned?
20th of december for posting illegal roms over at competitive section, and promoting the download of said rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I think we'd be fine with it as long as he hasn't been causing trouble with ASB; the SPPf mod team are, largely, complete assholes and tend to cause us trouble so I don't much care what they say. If his ban is only like a week or something though then people can just wait on him.
so, could he could pm me his orders on UPN no problem? if so, we can get on that immediately
Old 12-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #83
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I'd be okay with it but Kush and Jeri have the actual mod powers on ASB so would get the flack if there was any so I'll defer to them on this one.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #84
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

In the mean time...

Teleport's description... consumes heavy energy, no specification about a tiring effect.

Would using teleport + attack after a one mover have the same energy effects of using heat wave, or does it generally tire the pokemon out because of the move itself? If it has any bearing, it is being used by a psychic familiar pokemon (Staryu)
Old 12-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #85
Jerichi
本✚能

The move is fairly tiring. I believe the description describes it as "draining".

Also I don't really care. It's not exactly ban evasion. Chances are, they'll never look to notice anyways, so if they have a problem with it, they won't know in the first place.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 12-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #86
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
The move is fairly tiring. I believe the description describes it as "draining".

Also I don't really care. It's not exactly ban evasion. Chances are, they'll never look to notice anyways, so if they have a problem with it, they won't know in the first place.
Teleport (PS) -- The user concentrates, and then disappears in a quick white flash and reappears in a similar flash at a location, to be determined by the referee, unless the trainer has directed a location to teleport to, in which case the user will teleport there. This attack uses a considerable amount of psychic energy if used by a Psychic type and heavy energy if used by any other pokémon. The user can only teleport to a place which it has recently seen or detected.

No specification of it being draining; so does it have an acquired feature of it being draining? Because its one of those things that is not specified like other moves (example: pain split)
Old 12-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #87
Mercutio
Banned

To b honest our line is that we're ok with PMing of orders as long as it is discreet, but if Serebii admins notice we'll deny knowledge and try to shield the community from their ire. It would frankly be more sensible for someone to post in TA on their behalf and just leave it at that.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #88
Jerichi
本✚能

I think we edited it out (the old description was a lot harsher) but I would say that it is still fairly draining.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 12-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #89
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Are the SP donation limits over a set period of 6 months, or is it 6 months since each individual donation? For example:

If I were to donate 5 SP to another ASBer every month, after 6 months (and 30 SP in total) would I be able to donate 5 or 30 SP?

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #90
Mercutio
Banned

It's a rolling thing. So if you donate 5 SP in September and all the rest of your quota in October, you could then donate another 5 SP in March and the remainder from April. Same with receiving SP.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #91
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Can I get an official ruling as to whether or not SP received for doing tasks for the LO's counts towards the limit per 6 months? One would assume not but there's no official statement on it anywhere so I figure it's best to ask. Nevermind it was hiding in the Pokemart.

Also, I would like to suggest that perhaps paying back SP loans should not count towards the give/receive caps (though any interest would). It just seems to me that people who loan out a lot of SP have the problem of potentially being unable to get their SP back due to the way rolling caps work and the potential for multiple people attempting to pay them back at the same time (though granted this would require someone to wait quite some time before paying back). To clarify: The initial loan would count towards the cap, but returning the loan would not, up to the amount the initial loan was for, with any extra counting towards the cap.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Whatever Sneasel says is right

Last edited by Sneaze; 12-09-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:27 AM   #92
Mercutio
Banned

Payment for services rendered to the ASB does not count towards your limit. Power is fun.

Yeah we thought of that but it's fairly exploitable. I'm frankly more likely to just ban anyone who leaves loans too long from spending SP on anything until they pay it back. Now that's hilariously draconian so we're not likely to do it but still.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #93
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Or how about you remove the rule because it's needless and it does not result in anyone reffing more. Even if shit gets loaned out, the SP has to come from somewhere.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:24 AM   #94
Mercutio
Banned

Prove it. And then perhaps.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #95
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
So let's say X needs 10 SP to buy a token but he doesn't have that SP on hand. And because of the 30 SP rule he can't get anymore. So, he refs.

But if the 30 SP rule wasn't there? He...would borrow the SP. And to pay it back...he would have to ref anyway.

So what's the point?
Old 12-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #96
Mercutio
Banned

The flaw in your logic is that the second sentence wasn't happening.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #97
Sneaze

The perhaps you can make it so that they can only have a max 30 borrowed or lent at any given time. Sort of a +/- system with 30 borrowed being a +30 and 30 lent being a -30. When they repay/get repaid it will slowly work it's way back to 0. Though this does prevent the problem of how to deal with people who charge interest (albeit the amount of people who do so is very few) as well as the problem of what happens if someone lends out to someone who then disappears. It's also easier to keep track of the one number than two seperate numbers as is.

Edit: Basically what I'm saying is that 6 months is a hilariously long time and that working in the short term may be a better idea.

Quote:

Last edited by Sneaze; 12-09-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #98
Mercutio
Banned

What are the differences between that policy and the existing situation?
Old 12-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #99
Sneaze

The existing situation is that once you're paid back, the amount you've lent out still doesn't reset, which means you have to wait for quite some time for things to reset (take Daisy, for example, who has to wait until the end of this month for the loan she gave me when I needed to reach TL4 forever ago to clear). Whereas in the proposed system, as soon as they are repaid that loan is removed from their record (so it would have no longer been on her record when I paid her back less than a month later). Same deal would go with receiving loans (take for example the 10 SP loan I took from Concept which I paid back the SAME DAY, which is now on my record and is somewhat unfair for me to have to wait 6 months for it to be removed). The proposed system takes both caps and puts them on a number line from -30 to 30, with everyone starting at 0. Every time you are loaned SP, it goes up the line by the loaned amount, with the person loaning you that SP having it go down their line by the same amount. When you pay back, it does the opposite, so that when you've fully paid off your loans you are once again at 0. It basically takes the six month wait out entirely while still enforcing caps on both ends.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #100
Mercutio
Banned

Why do you suppose there is a limit both on transferring between TP and SP and on trading with one another?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries