UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #51
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

The orders, specifically, were to use "Aqua Jet to counter strength". This being the case, the only viable option he had was to skip his trainer's more generic order so that he could fulfill the more specific one. If the boulder had been hurled straight at him or rolled it, he would have 'jetted' to the side rather than at Cubone. I actually attempted to use my relatively basic understanding of physics when deciding how Cubone would make the throw. Since Cubone is tiny, the boulder is large, and Cubone was tiring, I don't see it being particularly feasible for him to have been able to hurl the boulder in a more linear fashion like Vigoroth did in prior rounds against replay. They have completely different body types and builds, so it would follow that the way that they perform the attack would vary, particularly with objects of similar weight.

Additionally, I don't see "smashing" someone with a boulder as including rolling it at someone. If you wanted it rolled, you should have ordered that. Also, while I may not have made it completely clear in the reffing, Cubone was basically mid-throw by the time Jet-Tail 'activated' his attack.

On the plus side, it is definitely Turtrains move. I had that originally and changed it for some reason. Not really sure why.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #52
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to PROXIMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingothestone View Post
Additionally, I don't see "smashing" someone with a boulder as including rolling it at someone. If you wanted it rolled, you should have ordered that.
I didn't specifically ordered it thrown either, I just said smashed. So that could've been interpreted in many different ways, as you proved since you said you didn't consider smashing to be rolling it at someone. I agree I could've been more specific, but I was unspecific for a reason. I didn't really want him to throw it. Smashing it straight down on him was the implied intention.

*Shrugs* Doubt it would've changed much so carry on.
PROXIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #53
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

If you're going to be vague, you can't expect to have a solid argument when things don't go exactly as you plan.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #54
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

I wasn't trying to be vague, it just happened that way. I interpreted what I ordered differently from you, namely Cubone not throwing the boulder but more smashing it downwards on his foe, that's all I'm trying to say.

Sorry, I've been exhausted lately with examinations, house and job hunting, et cetera so if I don't make sense or seem a little crabby just tell me to shut up. Politely would be nice but not required lol.

Last edited by PROXIMA; 12-09-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #55
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

With that, Ice Beam then Brine, but if the runt comes in for a physical attack, use Ice Punch instead

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Credit: Equal-to-Heaven
TurTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #56
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Rock Tomb around him ASAP, then end the round by getting close to the tomb. Don't overdo it though. Take it nice and slow.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #57
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Chapter 15: Thou Shalt not Brine

With Cubone tiring and Jet-Tail having gotten a bit of a break, the weasel gets a jump this time, forming a ball of ice energy in his open mouth. From that ball of ice, however, comes the real attack. A freezing bolt of ice spears its way out of the ball, zipping through the air in a jagged pattern. The beam makes a connection with Cubone's left shoulder, covering it in a layer of ice and dealing quite the nasty bit of damage. Since the ice is right on a joint, moving that arm will be very difficult until that ice is broken.

Even though his shoulder's frozen, that doesn't mean he can't stomp his feet, and stomp his feet he does. Fighting the chill in his shoulder, he pushes more rock energy into the earth, causing a tomb of boulders to erupt around Jet-Tail and enclose around him. In pure darkness and no line of sight on his opponent, Jet-Tail weighs his options. There is no chance of a briney blast of water breaking through the rocks, and an ice punch is really more flash than power when it comes to sheer force. Since it doesnt seem like either of his orders will help him escape, he simply stands there, allowing himself to take a break.

Meanwhile, Cubone is slowly walking towards the tomb. He's trying to use as little energy as possible, so takes a nice leisurely pace, and comes to a stop about 5 feet from the tomb. His breathing is starting to slow, but he still looks battered.

Summaries

Jet-Tail is in a tomb again. He took no damage this round, though, so he looks good, and his energy is loving the one-movers. Good for two.

Cubone is dangerously close to critical health. His breathing has slowed, so he could probably do two next round assuming he lasts that long.

PROXIMA to order.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #58
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Rock Smash to bring the tomb down on him. Then Earthquake.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #59
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

quickly Dig out of the tomb, come up into the air using Aqua Jet to avoid earthquake.

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 12-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #60
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Chapter 14: Almost

Cubone is virtually right next to the tomb of rocks that has Jet-Tail trapped, so he's quick to fuel some fighting energy into his right fist. He waddles forward and smashes his fist down on the rocky grave before him, causing the wall to crumble and collapse on top of Jet-Tail. This time, though, he doesn't hear any sounds from within the rubble, so he's wary. He begins to smash his club into the ground in discontent, causing a rippling earthquake to radiate outwards.

It is then that the bone-warrior hears a squeal, but it's not from within the tomb wreckage. It's from underground! It seems that the Buizel has once again made an escape, digging through the ground before the tomb collapsed! Once underground, though, he was easy prey for the earthquake, and took a huge blow. Cubone, realizing what he's done, smirks in satisfaction, as Jet-Tail haggardly rises to the surface, poking his head out of his hole. He looks very upset, and he plans on showing it. Not only did he take a huge rocking from the quake, but he wasn't even able to comply with his trainer's orders due to the fact that he physically can't move through something he hasn't dug out yet. He allows the water energy to rush through his veins once more and out through his pores, coating himself in water-armor. Then, using the energy to propel him, he jets into the air and straight at Cubone. The semi-aquatic mammal hurtles towards Cubone, who braces himself for the worst. They collide, and Cubone takes a heavy hit, but remains standing, leaning on his bone club for support. He looks like he could drop at any second.

Summaries

Cubone could be felled by a finger prod at this point. Fighting's about half, and energy is basically a nonfactor at this point.

Jet-Tail is nearing his final third of health. Energy is doing the same. He took a ton of damage that round, and used some heft energy, but he's okay for two next round.

Turtrain, you're up.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #61
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

Swift, then if he's not down and out, another Aqua Jet!

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 12-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #62
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Leer since your so close I guess. Then use up the last of your electric with a final Thunder Punch. All in all, good job out there Cuby!
Old 12-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #63
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Chapter 15: Counting Stars

Cubone is leaning on his club, having trouble standing, let alone doing anything involving movement. He finds it in him, however, to look up and leer at Jet-Tail just as the Buizel rears back his head to finish him off. A single pair of energy stars shoots forward from Jet-Tail's mouth as the weasel finds himself locked into place once more. It seems, however, that those small stars were all he needed, as they swiftly smack into Cubone's chest. The little Pokemon wobbles, fighting to stay upright, but the stars put him over the edge, and he collapses, falling to the ground, a tough grimace still on his face.

Cubone is unable to battle! PROXIMA, your third and final Pokemon, please!

Summary

Jet-Tail used just a wee bit of energy that round and took no damage. He enjoyed his break and should be good for two next round.

Proxima, mon and orders
Old 12-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #64
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Bump for PROXIMA. I know it's the holidays and all, so this is mostly just so this doesn't fade into obscurity.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #65
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Bump. PROXIMA has been absent for almost a month while Turtrain has been missing since the 31st. Yeah.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #66
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Final Bump. If no orders are issued in 1 week's time, this is getting binned.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #67
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Alright. Cancelling this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL