Turtrain (C) VS. PROXIMA (A)
3v3
Singles
Slapstick
equiall 1
Switch = OK
72hr DQ
Arena: Rock
Two people I don't really know will be battling it out under the eyes of one of my reffing students. Turtrain, you'll start us off with a squad of six pokémon at Equiall 1. PROXIMA, you will give us another six and select your first pokémon for battle. Turtrain will choose a counter pokémon and some first orders. PROXIMA will order.

And then there shall be reffings.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

Thanks for reffing Mercutio, and good luck to PROXIMA

Jet-Tail
level 1 male Buizel
Sig: Special Technique: Aqua Shield: Type: Water, at first it looks like Jet-tail is going to use AquaJet, the water forms around him, but instead of becoming a jet of water, it becomes a wall of water and protects Jet-tail but doesn't allow him to move or attack while using it, it can only be used twice per battle, and can be broken by electric and grass type attacks. It uses significant energy. When an opponent hits the Aqua Shield with a physical move, it is swept up in the current and thrown out, and the lighter the pokemon is, the farther it is thrown and more damage will be caused. This also only blocks one move, and doesn't block special moves.

Replay
level 2 (uplevel) male Pikachu
Sig: Special Training: Chain Boost: When Replay "Replays" moves (uses 2 of the same moves in a row), the second attack delivers 1.25x the amount of damage, however, Replay takes 1/8 the amount of damage caused by the second move as recoil.

Trippy
level 1 male Chimchar

Conri
level 1 male Mudkip

Fang
level 1 male Gligar

Spaz
level 1 male Pansage

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Credit: Equal-to-Heaven
TurTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to PROXIMA
Good luck to you too Turtrain.

Elekid
Male Lv1

Cubone
Male Lv1

Vigoroth
Male Lv2

Machop
Male Lv1

Abra
Male Lv1

Meditite
Male Lv1

Let's start things off with Vigoroth.
PROXIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

Go, Replay!

go strait for a Fake Out, then Thunder PAWNCH!

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 10-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #5
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Try and interrupt it with a Bulldoze and finish by countering its thunder punch with a Vital Throw.

Last edited by PROXIMA; 11-02-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Chapter 1: Not who you expected

Ha, I bet you guys actually thought Mercutio was going to ref this. Welcome to MARS (Mercutio's Awesome Reffing School). I'm kingothestone (Call me Kots), and I am currently serving as one of Mercutio's apprentices. If you've been paying attention to other matches around both UPN and SPPF, you may have seen the same thing happening in other matches that Mercutio has taken. So here's what's going to happen, just so you're both completely in the loop. I'm going to be reffing the match, but before I post each reffing, I'm going to send it to Mercutio and make sure it checks out for him. Any and all questions and/or concerns regarding reffings should first be directed to me. Also, I tend to work quickly, so if you guys can keep up, and if Mercutio's real life isn't too busy, we should be able to get through rounds at a good pace. Now then, on to the action.

Welcome, both of you, to the Rock Arena. One of the more common ASB arenas, it's a great place for a quick, uncomplicated match. On my left, we have Turtrain, and on my right we have PROXIMA. Both look to be relative newbies to the ASB, with Turtrain having slightly more experience. The match specifications already been posted, but let's bring them up on my portable jumbo screen. Gotta love Capsule Corp. and their nifty storage system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbotron
Turtrain (C) VS. PROXIMA (A)
3v3
Singles
Slapstick
equiall 1
Switch = OK
72hr DQ
Arena: Rock
Okay so it looks like we have a pretty standard match incoming. 3v3 singles, nobody's allowed to die or get permanently injured. Looks like it's Switch=OK, so switching is allowed. That could be fun. Equiall 1, which you already knew, and a 72 hour disqualification period. Pretty simple stuff, in the end. Should make for a fun match.

Now let's take a look at the arena itself. It's already been mentioned that you're playing in the Rock Arena, but this arena actually has a fun characteristic to it. Let's bring it up.

Quote:
Rock (Outdoor): The arena is covered by boulders of varying shapes and sizes. Exactly what is there is up to everyone's imagination. If someone says a rock is there (or isn't there), it's there as long as it doesn't contradict something someone has already said.
Special Rule: Boulders
So, basically, If one of you says a boulder exists, it exists unless someone has already said something does or does not exist in that spot. Just to start off, there is a small group of medium sized boulders to Turtrain's Left, and a single, solitary large boulder on PROXIMA's left.

Now then, on to the match itself.

The players gaze over the arena, surveying the terrain. Proxima is the first to act, releasing his up-leveled Vigoroth in a flash of red light. In response, Turtrain releases his own up-level, a Pikachu nicknamed Replay. Here come the Species & Type Characteristics.

Quote:
Vigoroth (Normal): Vigoroth always want to be active, and find it impossible to remain still. A Vigoroth has more energy than normal, but uses it at a quicker rate. Because of their active nature, Vigoroth are more resistant to effects that cause Sleep.

[Normal]: Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. In the ASB, Normal types take 100% damage from Ghost type moves.

--------

Pikachu: (Electric): The most popular Pokémon, Pikachu is the most agile of its evolutionary line, if not the fastest. Pikachu have sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks.

[Electric]: Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn't appeal to them.

The two face off in the center of the arena, about ten feet between them. Vigoroth bouncing up and down on all fours, rearing for battle. In the blink of an eye, Replay darts in before the beast has a chance to react and gets in a light slap. Vigoroth, slightly startled and more than a bit annoyed that his pint-sized opponent got the first move, stomps the ground repeatedly, channeling ground energy into the earth. The terrain shakes as shock waves radiate from the ground with Vigoroth at the epicenter. The waves radiate with the force of a bulldozer, crashing into Replay for a huge hit, and bringing the mouse to one knee for a second.

Replay isn't done yet, though. Still on one knee, electrical currents can be seen flowing through his right paw. After half a moment, he jumps up, punching Vigoroth with a violent uppercut to the jaw before he can react, a crack of thunder shaking the air with the impact. Vigoroth staggers back, electrical currents flowing through his body. It looks like he's been stung by some paralysis. His muscles tense up, and he is unable to move, his body locked into a standing position, bringing the round to a close with the players still within melee range, although it doesn't look like Vigoroth will be able to do much right now.

SUMMARIES

Vigoroth took significant damage that round, and his energy use was high. His more pressing concern, however, is that he's currently paralyzed. Still fresh from the unintentional one-mover. Ground is about half gone.

Replay didn't fare as well, health-wise, taking a nasty hit from the earthquake. He's already a good way through his first third of health. Energy use was significant, but he's fine on that front.

PROXIMA, you're up.

Last edited by kingothestone; 11-04-2013 at 05:57 PM.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Look's like we're in a bit of a pickle.

Try to fight through the paralysis and attempt an Uproar. End with a final Bulldoze.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

get after him with Dynamic Punch, then use Magnet Rise to dodge that bulldoze!

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 11-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #9
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

The round begins with Vigoroth, thoroughly paralyzed, glaring at Replay while he struggles to move his locked muscles. The electric mouse takes advantage of the opportunity, feeding fighting energy into his fist for another powerful punch. He lunges at Vigoroth, slamming his fist into his opponent's chest, creating a dynamic explosion and knocking the paralysis out of Vigoroth as he stumbles backwards, luckily evading confusion. The larger creature, now steaming mad, retaliates by letting loose a deafening howl, the uproar appearing in a display of blue rings and smacking into Replay for a solid hit.

Replay chooses to play defense after that attack, channeling some of his electric energy into his feet. As if by the power of magnets, he begins to rise in the air, about three feet off the ground. This works to his advantage, as during those few seconds, Vigoroth began stomping the earth again, releasing a second wave of bulldozer-strength shockwaves. The attack, of course, passes right under Replay, who floats there, grinning like a hyena.

SUMMARIES

Replay had a better round this time, taking only solid damage from the uproar. Energy use was bad, sending him well into his first third. A one-mover would be advised.

Vigoroth didn't fare well this round. That dynamicpunch shellacked him for beyond extreme damage. Energy use was better, and he doesn't need a one-mover yet. Ground is all but gone.

Turtrain, to you.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #10
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

go for Brick Break, then quickly dart behind the group of rocks and chill.

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 11-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #11
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Double Team, watch for where he runs. Follow him and Mega Kick as high up as possible.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #12
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Chapter 3: Hide & Seek

Replay, even though he's breathing hard, makes the first move once again this round. He begins to head towards Vigoroth, channeling more fighting energy into his right paw. Unfortunately for him, however, Vigoroth is prepared, and begins to jump quickly back and forth between 4 places in front of Replay. After half a moment, there are 4 Vigoroths standing before the electric mouse. Replay pauses for a second, realizing his predicament, but since he has his paw already charged, he decides that he may as well take a wild guess and go for the attack. He lunges at the leftmost (from Replay's Point of View) Vigoroth, swinging his arm down in a karate-chop style fashion with enough force to break a brick, and...

Passes straight through the beast! He tumbles through the illusion as it dissipates, unable to stop his own momentum, as the other three Vigoroth figures laugh in unison at Replay's misfortune. Replay then decides that his next course of action is to hide, so he makes a beeline for the grouping of medium-sized boulders that stands about 15 feet behind him. Once at his destination, he darts into the grouping, hoping to find a reprieve out of sight of his larger opponent.

Vigoroth, however, had other plans. He had followed behind Replay, and had managed to keep track of the yellow rodent. Just as Replay slows to a halt, his breathing just starting to ease up, the three Vigoroth figures jump between the boulders, sick grins on their faces. As one, they rush at the Pikachu before swinging their left legs around in unison and unloading one very real and two very fake mega kicks into Replay. The little mouse is sent flying up and back about five feet into the top of the nearest rock, letting out a loud squeal as he makes contact with the boulder. He slides down to the base of the rock and slowly gets to his feet, clearly in pain, but not even close to giving up just yet. Only 5 feet stand between the three Vigoroth and Replay, with medium sized boulders surrounding them on all sides.

SUMMARIES

Vigoroth took zero damage this round. Energy use was a bit more than extreme, but he's okay and doesn't need a breather just yet. He still has 2 clones up, so that could be fun.

Replay is not a happy camper right now. He took Major damage from the kick combined with his high-speed collision with that rock, and is almost into his middle third. He used a good chunk of energy with his attack, and he should be ready to go next round despite taking a beating. Fighting is around half.

Ball is in PROXIMA's court.

Last edited by kingothestone; 11-07-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #13
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Another Mega Kick, please. Then Body Slam.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #14
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

Lets do this! Dynamic Punch X2!

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 11-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Chapter 4: Falcon Punch!

Vigoroth finally makes the first move this time, as Replay is still a tad sluggish after his beatdown from last round. Vigoroth, along with his two clones, smile evilly as the beast decides to adopt the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' method. The three clones take two loping steps towards Replay, their right feet glowing white with Normal energy, and they collectively deliver a second very powerful, very real mega kick. Replay squeals again as he crashes into the rock behind him for a second time. The rock, however, can't handle the beating, and cracks down the middle. Replay slides to the base of the rock once again before the crack spreads outwards. the three Vigoroth stare at the spreading cracks, smiling, before the rock shatters completely, the pieces falling to a pile on the ground.

Replay has had just about enough of being kicked into rocks at this point, and decides that he should go with an attack that worked for him before, as well. He begins charging his fist with more fighting energy, preparing himself for another punch. Only after this does he realize that he has a slight problem - there are still three Vigoroth in front of him. Replay shrugs, thinks for a quarter of a second, and lunges at the center Vigoroth. This time, his guess works out, as his paw makes a connection, setting off a dynamic explosion and sending Vigoroth stumbling backwards. The two clones dissipate, leaving a lone Vigoroth standing there... and facing the rock to his left! It doesn't look like he has any idea where he is, and is hopelessly confused! That ridiculous hit must have boggled his mind a bit. Replay chooses to seize the advantage, charging his fist up for a third punch. The only issue is that he doesn't quite have enough energy to fully charge the punch, so it won't be quite as potent. He lunges at Vigoroth again, striking him in the ribs and creating a second not-so-dynamic-this-time explosion, and sending Vigoroth stumbling again. He comes to a stop just before the boulder on the opposite side of the rock formation, keeping his hand out for balance. The confusion seems to be gone, but he's breathing heavily.

Vigoroth is now, as one would guess, thoroughly pissed off at his miniature opponent. Clearly, the best course of action he could possibly take is to body slam the little mouse. He throws his full weight at Replay, slamming into him for another good hit as the round comes to a close. As per usual, the fighters are within five feet of one another, with both fighters breathing hard, but Replay looking better off in that regard.

SUMMARIES

Replay had a better round, but by no means looks good. Both health and energy took a beating this round. Well into the middle third on health, just the tip on energy. Fighting is tapped out.

Vigoroth had a miserable round, as well. He took ridiculous amounts of damage, sending him well into his middle third. Energy use wasn't much better, as he's in the middle third for that, too. He has leads on Replay in both categories, but not by much. He'll probably need a break next round.

Turtrain is up to bat.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #16
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

ThunderWave to slow the brute, then then Reflect.

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 11-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #17
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Show 'em you got your Swagger back, than show him your Strength, by hurling a boulder at it.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #18
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Chapter 5: Swagger Like Us

Both Pokemon took a beating, and Replay is the first to act this time. In an attempt to slow down his opponent, he lets loose tendrils of electric energy in an attempt to trap Vigoroth in a wave of thunder (except not really because thunder is sound but you get the point). the tendrils wrap around Vigoroth, doing a bit of damage. Vigoroth, of course, is tired of Replays games, so begins to move about, strutting his stuff and showing his swagger. Replay becomes thoroughly enraged by his opponent's actions and redoubles his efforts to paralyze the larger beast, ignoring his trainers orders to perform a defensive move. The wave seems to be taking effect as Vigoroth turns around and hefts the boulder behind him onto his shoulder before hurling it at Replay. The mouse, does nothing but continue his electric onslaught against Vigoroth, stopping only when the 100 pound boulder smashes into him for a disgusting hit before striking the ground and shattering, the pieces falling in a light covering over Replay. A glance back at Vigoroth shows a second bout of paralysis setting in, although not nearly as potent as before. He can still move, but not quickly, as his locked muscles fight against him with every breath. They are now about 8 feet apart, as the boulder pushed Replay back a few feet. Still close enough for a melee attack.

Summaries

Not only is Vigoroth trying to fight off paralysis, but he's still tired. The low energy moves helped, but he could still really use a one mover. He didn't take any damage worth noting.

Rocks are not kind to Replay. He took another nasty hit and looks to be teetering on the edge of his final third. Energy use was fantastic and he's fresh. He's got a light covering of small rocks on him that probably wont take much to get out from under, and he has a fun little attack boost because of that swagger.

Turtrain to tee off, if you will.

Last edited by kingothestone; 11-14-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #19
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

Thunderpunch, then jump ontop of one of the rocks around him and use a ThunderBolt!

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 11-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #20
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Hit him with another Body Slam before he's able to get out from under the ruble and retaliate. Make sure to keep him pinned so he can't move.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #21
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Chapter 6: What is this, a UFC fight?

With Vigoroth struggling to make his way towards Replay, it is a simple matter for the little mouse to shrug off the small rocks on top of him. He spies Vigoroth making his way closer and chooses to help loosen the paralysis. He charges his fist once again, this time with electric energy, and leaps at Vigoroth, unloading a solid thunderpunch into his jaw. Vigoroth reels back once again, but now the paralysis is gone and he can proceed with his second body slam of the match, which he does with full force. He jumps into the air and belly flops onto Replay, pinning the electric rodent face down underneath him, with just his head sticking out from under Vigoroth. The giant sloth smiles as Replay struggles to escape from his captor, but is unable to do so due to the massive size difference. He can't get a clear shot from his position, let alone get onto the rock to fire off a thunderbolt, so he doesn't. The round comes to a close with the two literally on top of one another.

Summaries

Replay is into his final third on health. Energy use was fine and he's currently pinned under a giant sloth.

Vigoroth enjoyed his break and is looking a lot fresher. Health and energy are both better off than Replay.

PROXIMA to order.

Last edited by kingothestone; 11-14-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #22
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Keep on him, mate. If he escapes, send him flying with another Mega Kick and then pin him again with another Body Slam.

Last edited by PROXIMA; 11-13-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #23
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

Don't escape, stay under and double Thunderbolt to take advantage of your signature training!

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #24
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

This round begins as the last round ended - With Vigoroth lying happily on top of Replay, pleased with his own success. Ordered to simply stay on top of the little mouse unless he should escape, Vigoroth is quite content to continue lying there, taking a break from the action.

Replay, however, has a plan in mind, and it doesn't involve escaping. This, in fact, is probably his best option, as the 13 pound mouse would have quite a bit of trouble moving the 100 pound sloth. Instead, Replay makes an effort to wriggle around under Vigoroth, attempting to get onto his back. His movement causes Vigoroth to shift his weight to squish Replays legs a little bit, causing him to wince, but after a few seconds he successfully gets onto his back. Finally in position, Replay grins, a smug look on his face.

The air begins to tingle around the pair as Replay begins to charge himself with Electric energy. Vigoroth notices the change and glances down at Replay, but simply chooses to do his very best to keep the mouse pinned down. the Pikachu releases a powerful thunderbolt into Vigoroth from point-blank range, sending a heavy jolt of electricity through Vigoroth's system. The electricity causes Vigoroth to squeal in pain, jumping up in an attempt to make the electric shock stop. Once the tingling in his brain ends and he manages to clear his thoughts, Vigoroth looks to take action with a vengeance. For the third time this match, he rears back and unloads a mega kick into his smaller opponent and sending Replay flying backwards, out of the decimated grouping of boulders in which they had been fighting.

This, of course, causes a rinse-and-repeat method from Replay, who unloads a second, even more powerful thunderbolt due to his special training. A bit of the electricity from the attack bounces back into Replay, however, for some recoil damage. Vigoroth takes the attack in stride, making his way towards Replay before leaping on the mouse in a body slam and pinning him down once again. His placement this time, however, wasn't as on point, and Replay is actually about halfway out from under the large sloth, and is face up.

Summaries

Vigoroth had a bad round health-wise. Into his final third of health now. He used a big chunk of energy, as well, and is nearing the end of his middle third. Still fresh, though.

Replay is into critical range, healthwise. Energy is still okay, but that's really not his concern right now. He's fresh, as well.

Turtrain, please.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #25
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

Let's give the sloth another shock with Discharge, then if he's off you, slam hom to the ground, if not, another Discharge for a larger shock.

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL