UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
Red Panda
donk

UPN PASBL: Salamencia VS Sneezey

Well, it looks like you two have the torture fortune of me reffing your match! I could use some more matches to ref anyways. Here are the rules:

Salamencia (c) vs. Sneezey12 (a)
4 v 4
Singles
Slapstick
Equilevel
Switch = KO
48 HR DQ
Ship's Deck

I'm not gonna explain anything since you two should know it all by now.

Here's the arena:

Quote:
Ships Deck (Outdoor): The battle takes place on a cruise ship out on the ocean. On the ship specifically, the battle starts off on the ship's front deck. It is quite probably that the battle can spill out into the ocean or into the inside of the ship.
Special Rules: Easily destroyed, Onlookers, Terrain Edge (Sea w/ Wild Pokémon [sea] as an special rule), Building Edge (Concrete/Indoor with special rules Onlookers and Confined in effect)
Optional Rules: Artificial Lighting, Terrain Edge (Pool/Outdoor [basically, a pool on the front deck] with special rule diving platform in effect), Terrain Edge (Beach, replaces Sea [aka ship is docked in harbor])
I'm going to assume that there aren't any optional rules, but if there are let me know. We'll need a squad from Sal, then Sneeze, and so on and so forth.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Well this should be quite terrifying. Cheers for picking this up, Red, and good luck Sneeze. EDIT: Oh, and Red was right to assume no optional rules were intended here.

Hank: Male Primeape (Level 4)
Hidden Power: Dark
No Signature Move

Clay: Male Gliscor (Level 4)
Hidden Power: Ground
No Signature Move

Luna: Female Honchkrow (Level 4)
Hidden Power: Fighting
No Signature Move

Belle: Female Miltank (Level 4)
Hidden Power: Fire
No Signature Move

Shio: Male Blastoise (Level 4)
Shio's motto is "brain over brawn", although it doesn't mean to say his attacks don't pack a punch. He doesn't approve of rushed tactics, and will always try to stop his friends from acting rashly or fighting amongst each other. His calmer approach to life affects his battling quite a bit.
Special Training: Knowledge is power (Typeless)
Shio can now use Calm Mind and Meditate, but is unable to use Rage, Mirror Coat or Counter.

Mohs: Genderless Metang (Level 4)
Mohs has been recently renamed, and with it a new personality. Not that the old one really had a personality. Mohs is rather a video-game fanatic, despite not being able to really hold the controllers or consoles. He has played some, however, by using Telekinesis and Psychic to “hold” anything he needs; it’s a little taxing on him, but nothing he’s not used to with battles and what have you. Amazingly, thanks to the lightness of said controllers and consoles, he is able to get quite a bit of game time in before really tiring. However, it was a game he had never played that gave birth to an interesting trait of his.
One time he stumbled across a recording of E3 2006, which previewed ’Genji: Days of the Blade’. Seeing him watching this, I suddenly realised something. Apparently, a lot of people rather mistakenly associate Metagross with crabs. Because they’re a little similar… 4 legs, no claws. But they do have an exoskeleton (kind of) and multiple legs. With this flawed association in mind, I began training him alongside Dale, my Kingler, to perfect a new move that should help him cover his two weaknesses just a little better.

Special Training: Giant Enemy Crab (Water)
Mohs has learned Crabhammer, and his Water energy pool has increased to allow him 2 uses of Crabhammer per match.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Scolipede Scolipede sez: Choo choo?

Well this is a wonderful opportunity for me to use some of my lesser used 'mon. Good luck Sal, thanks for picking this up red.

Neuge: Female Froslass (level 4)
Bio: New to her ghostly form, Neuge seeks to bring others to the same sad state as herself.
Hidden Power: Fighting
Special Training: Death's Cold Embrace
When Neuge passes through something or something passes through her while she is in Ethereal form, a thin layer of ice will form over the surface of whatever she "touched". While easy enough to break off that most Pokemon will be unhindered by it, even after breaking off the ice will make Pokemon not used to the cold feel chilled and cause their actions to be slower as if they were effected by the secondary effects of an Icy Wind.

Maxim: Male Machamp (level 4)
Bio: Maxim has a slight problem with his belt. This problem is that he doesn't like the fact that it only has two settings. So what did he do? He tried to "crank it up to 11". Unfortunately that didn't quite work and he just ended up breaking it. So instead he decided to attempt to crank up the power of any boosts he lays upon himself. Though they have to rely on Maxim's "protective" nature.
Hidden Power: Ghost
Special Training: MAXED OUT!
Any boosting move Maxim uses that boosts his Defense, or Speed grants an extra bonus to that stat of roughly 25% that of the original boost itself, and uses 25% more energy. Maxim cannot adjust the settings on his belt at any time. Any boost to Maxim's Special Attack or Special Defense only grants 75% that of the normal boost.

Ismene: Female Gardevoir (level 4)
Biography: Ismene was a happy-go-lucky little thing as a young Ralts. She would always dance about in the most cheerful way, likely due to looking forward to her evolution into a Kirlia in the not-so-distant future. She brought joy to those around her like the beauty of a sunset after a hard day's work. But alas, her joyous youth was taken from her. One fateful evening Ismene found herself prancing about in the field just outside of her family's dwelling. It was a normal day, all in all, until a frightening roar sent terror through her spine. And with that terror came crippling pain, as she found herself flung into a tree, a crazed Tyranitar on the loose having found her out on her own and thought to make her its dinner. The second she hit the tree was as though all of her nerves shouted out in pain and were suddenly silenced. She found herself concious only through the adrenaline of the moment, but unable to pick herself up and flee, he spine snapped in two. Fortunately for her a rampaging Tyranitar is somewhat hard to miss, unless your a young child not paying attention to the world, I suppose, and her mother came to her rescue. The Tyranitar and her mother proceeded to engage in a full blown battle of epic proportions, and by the end of it, the Tyranitar was broken and beaten, barely even concious. Her mother carried her home, leaving the beast to wander, having calmed it's rampage for now. Many attempts were made at healing Ismene's spine since then, but none succeeded. Ismene would be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of her life. But life continued on, young Ismene carted around everywhere by her mother, her cheery attitude somewhat dimmed but most definitely not gone. For she still had hope, after all, that her spine would heal upon evolution, and she would be able to dance and prance about as a Kirlia just as she had dreamed before. Alas, the day did come when she would evolve, but even that did not spare her from her fate. She watched as all of the other Ralts her age evolved aswell, and couldn't help but feel resentful towards them all. She became a bit of a recluse, never speaking and obviously never leaving the area that had become her home. The more time passed, the more bitter she became, until the day came that her mother fell ill. She had already lost so much, and the one thing she had left to cling to was being ripped away from her. She stayed by her mother's side through the illness, her psychic abilities making it not too difficult to take care of the dying Gardevoir. But the the day her mother would pass did come, and this final loss that would leave her with nothing in the world sent her into such shock as to send out a wave of psychic energy shattering everything even remotely delicate around her. In the frustration she found herself beginning to glow, and in that moment as she began to evolve into a Gardevior, she looked at the body of her deceased mother, and back to herself, realizing that she would have to fend for herself from this point on. She remained silent, but no longer out of dissent, but instead respect for the world around her, her new evolution granting her the wisdom to see that all things happen for a reason, allowing her to let go of what had happened to her in the past. Instead of remaining a recluse she spent her time focusing on her psychic abilities, lifting herself up and gliding just above the ground. After much work, she found herself able to do this without even having to focus on it, and began turning her studies to the world around her. She decided to attempt to learn how to manipulate the air itself, feeling more attached to it emotionally than other physical things of the earth. She learned that the wind can be either soft or forceful, frightening or empowering, and many other things. The wind was about balance, something she never had in her life, and it brought her something she had not had since that fateful day years ago. A smile.
Hidden Power: Dragon
Special Training: Moving Forward
Ismene can no longer use the moves Lucky Chant, Encore, Hyper Voice, Round, Echoed Voice or Sleep Talk thanks to her vow of respectful silence. Her study of the wind has allowed her to learn Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, and Defog, able to use Defog once per match. Additionally, she no longer has use of her legs, and instead hovers roughly three inches above the ground through the use of psychic levitation, which she does not need to concentrate on in order to maintain. This levitation uses light energy every round, and can be stopped and started as pleased, however she will obviously not be able to move about very well without it. Moves such as Gravity and Smack Down will cause Ismene to hover with her knees just above the ground, her legs dragging about on the floor.

Behemecoatyl: Female Scolipede (level 4)
Biography: Behemecoatyl is a bug that rolls into a ball. She is obviously able to tighten these muscles.
Hidden Power: Ice
Special Training: GameFreak is on crack
Behemecoatyl can use Coil.

Angeli: Female Blissey (level 4)
Biography: Angeli was given to me by a retired Nurse Joy. Angeli does not like fighting and will try to calm her opponent immediately upon entering battle. She emits a faint glow that soothes others.
Hidden Power: Steel
Special Training: Pretty Pink Glow!
Angeli utilizes calm and soothing energy to constantly emit a faint pink glow. The glow will take any Pokemon out of states of aggresiveness, such as having been Taunted or having gone berserk. Also, Angeli is unnaffected by moves that would attempt to anger her. If a Pokemon has already become calmed without the effects of Angeli's glow, then there is a 10% chance of putting that Pokemon to sleep. As a result of her passive nature, Angeli will not use the moves Frustration, Rage (at higher evolutions), or Swagger. Angeli expends energy equal to about one and a half Attracts per turn in order to maintain this glow.

Omega: Genderless Unown O (level 4)
Biography: Unowns have existed since a time long past. Omega has spent all of its life focusing itself and training its inner strength. Through this training it has learned to properly use all types of energy, and trained to act as if it were multiple Unowns. However, due to lack of being in actual battles, Omega is incredibly easily worn out.
Hidden Power: Various
Special Training: One Letter Alphabet
Omega is proficient with all energy types, and can use Hidden Power of all energy types. Omega can also use Double Team, and the clones created by Omega's Double Team can use any type of Hidden Power without disappearing. Omega uses energy at twice the rate of any other Unown of its level.

Hmm... I think I'll start things off with Behemecoatyl.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Hank, it'll have to be you.

Mega Punch, followed with Secret Power.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Toxic Spikes and Baton Pass to Ismene."

Quote:
Old 10-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
Red Panda
donk

Round the First

Alright mates, let's get this started. Sneezey starts us off with a massive Centipede, deemed Behemecoatyl (points for Sneeze because awesome name). Sal responds in turn with a Prime(r)ape named Hank.

Quote:
Primeape (Fighting): Mankey and Primeape interpret being stared in the eyes a challenge to their authority. Thus, any eye contact attacks an opponent uses will raise Mankey or Primeape’s attack power and energy use for the next two rounds. During these two rounds, Mankey and Primeape will attack the one who did the staring incessantly, and will ignore any orders to attack something else.
Quote:
Scolipede: (Bug/Poison) The arm-like extensions on its neck are actually spines that seep poison. Physical attacks used with or that hit these spines have a chance of causing light poisoning (about 10%, does not stack with any poison chance in a move). Thanks to the adaptation of its preevo, its poison also has a 5% chance of localized paralysis.
Well, with that aside, let's get to the action!

Hank starts us off, bounding towards the prehistoric behemoth with malice in his eye, and the will to fight always in his heart. He raises a fist into the air, charging it with a mighty power. Behemecoatyl ignores this, shooting a purple ball of poison energy onto the battlefield, a ball that spews out an invisible gas that has poisoned Hank and will poison other battlers in the future. The insect looks up, only to see Hank bringing his fist down onto the side of the centipede, making her roar in pain. Instead of retaliating, Behemecoatyl simply goes *bampf* back into her pokeball, replaced by Ismene the Gardevoir.

Quote:
Gardevoir (Psychic): Gardevoir's empathic abilities make it very in touch with its opponent. Attacks that deal with the opponents mental state are more effective.
Hank didn't sustain any damage, and his energy use was excellent for the first round. He's poisoned. Expect that to come into play next round.

Behemecoatyl used a small amount of energy, some of which will be restored in the pokeball. She took a somewhat hefty blow, but that isn't anything to worry about.

Ismene is perfect.

Sneezey.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Blast him back with a Psychic and follow up with a Confusion."

Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

As a side note, I assume we're deeming the deck to be reasonably strong? As in "as strong as one'd assume a ship's deck to be". Not like it makes any difference as things stand.

Screech at her ASAP, then U-Turn out to Mohs.

WF

Old 11-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
Red Panda
donk

>Sal

To answer your "side note", or rather clarify, yes it is decently strong. It can and will support the heaviest pokemon (Scolipede at 400 pounds) but if Scolipede were to be slammed forcefully into the deck, it would probably break.

Onto the reffing. Another easy round.

With Ismene the Gardevoir having taken the stage, her dress/skirt thing flowing gracefully in the calm ocean breeze, the matchup seems to be tilting towards Sneezey's side. The Gardevoir glows a powerful blue, radiating power. She's prepared to launch a psychic wave when,

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hank lets out a terrible wail, screeching with all his might. Ismene is halted in her attempts to hurt Hank, looking frightened and maybe a little irritated. Hank then glows with energy, bolting towards Ismene as fast as his legs can carry him. The Psycher tries to let out a damaging confusion in time, but because of the Screech she is just too slow, her lack of energy use helping her out a bit. Hank slams into her for a supereffective hit before making a U-Turn back to Sal. A metang by the name of Mohs is sent out as his replacement.

Quote:
Metang (Steel/Psychic): Metang may levitate itself a short distance above the ground by expending minor energy for each round it remains levitated. Being inorganic, Metang cannot be affected by Poison in any way, unlike other Steel types who could be affected if the Poison is ingested internally.
Hank didn't take any damage, and for a two mover his energy use was somewhat below average. He'll recover a little bit of energy in the pokeball. Bug can fuel another U-Turn.

Ismene took a nice shot of SE damage this round, though she's still fine in that regard. She didn't really use any energy, so that is basically unchanged.

Mohs is perfect.

Sal?
Old 11-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Headbutt, then Secret Power.

WF

Old 11-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
Sneaze
#SWAG

"Meet his Headbutt with a Fire Punch and then set up Light Screen."

Quote:
Old 11-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
Red Panda
donk

Round 3: BORKED

The round begins with the newly arrived Mohs zipping towards Ismene, lowering his metallic head in order to butt into the opposing Psychic type. Now I'm assuming that Mohs is levitating, because this was the response I got when asking how it would move if it was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
As for the second part of your question,

BORKED
So yeah he's levitating. Anyways, Ismene begins to counter, raising her fist in an epic manner, it bursting into flames as time seems to slow down. Ismene throws the punch of fire, colliding powerfully with Mohs' head of steel. The two push for a second, Ismene knocking Mohs away due to the fact that

a) he's levitating and has nothing solid to push off of

and

b) Ismene is using a super-effective attack.

Afterwards, though, Ismene looks to be shaking her fist a little bit. Punching a charging steel block mustn't feel great. She then sticks out her other handing, calling forth a golden plate of light that will protect her from specially based attacks. It takes Mohs' secret power in stride, showing only the smallest of stress fractures.

Both pokemon seem rather close in terms of energy, though with health Mohs has a bit of a lead, though that was reduced somewhat because of fire punching shenanigans. Speaking of which, Ismene has half of her fire energy left. Ismene now seems to have the first quarter marker in slightly distanced sights, though you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at her. She's still raring to go and eager to fight. The same can be said for Mohs.

Unless I missed something, Sneeze?
Old 11-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #13
Sneaze
#SWAG

For the record Ismene levitates aswell. Read her sig.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2013, 05:49 AM   #14
Red Panda
donk

Oh, sorry. They pushed away from each other then, so there's a little more distance.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

In my defence, I really didn't expect to have to specify that something with no defined "legs" was to levitate when moving.

Are the two still levitating?

WF

Old 11-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #16
Red Panda
donk

Yeah, they'll be levitating unless gravity (in which case Ismene will still kinda be levitating) and if either of you order for them to not levitate. Expect physical attacks to create more distance, but not monumental.

And you never really had to specify, I was just being overly cautious. And in Metang's SC it says that they can levitate if they wish to.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #17
Sneaze
#SWAG

Oh man. Dude, poke me next time if I ever take this long. For some reason I thought this was waiting on not me.

"Hyper Voice and Thunder Punch."

Quote:
Old 11-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #18
Red Panda
donk

To be honest, I forgot that this was waiting on you too. No worries.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #19
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

I definitely poked you 3 days ago, knowing you had something against the lax nature of DQing these days or something. You replied saying you'd get around to it or something, so I left you to it. Just for the record. Or something.

WF

Old 11-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #20
Red Panda
donk

Well, Sal, since I will be reffing soon, and it is your turn to order...

You're probably just pondering orders, but w/e. Figured that you want the next round as much as anyone.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Red, remember that I live in the UK. It was past midnight. I may post in TO, I may ref, but I'm not ordering vs. Sneezey at that kind of time. :p

Alright, Mohs... it seems Sneeze has forgotten Ismene's vow of silence, so Shadow Ball, then pin her with Body Slam. Try to get her arms underneath you, if possible, and try not to be too rough on the deck. This can only end badly.

WF

Last edited by Salamencia; 11-12-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #22
Sneaze
#SWAG

Aw, Sal saw through my attempt at faking him out. Boo.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #23
Red Panda
donk

Round 4: *Crunch*

Well, after a somewhat brief hiatus, I'm back and ready to ref, here to make sure that this match doesn't last until I'm TL6.

Ismene starts us off by opening her mouth wide and clear, ready to scream her heart out, when she suddenly remembers her vow of silence. That was a close one. Mohs smirks, if that's even possible, charging up a black and grey ball of swarming phantasmic energies. He throws it like a baseball towards Ismene, the attack moving at a less than stellar pace. Ismene looks terrified, though quickly regains her composure as the ball crashes against her light screen, disappearing with but a whisper. The Gardevoir does flinch slightly as the after effect of winds wash over her.

Mohs then floats eerily towards Ismene, surely with malevolent intentions. Armed and prepared to defend herself, the silent guardian raising her fist, sparking with charged electrical energies. As the metal behemoth moves, closer, Ismene strikes, dealing a hard blow to Mohs' upper side. After righting himself, Mohs darts towards Ismene quickly, shutting off his levitation with a *whirrrrrrrrr*. He falls right on top of his opponent with a crunch and a clang, knocking the wind out of a stunned Ismene. While the Gardevoir cannot move much to get out from under her opponent, due to Metang's flat nature, she has some mobility in her left arm.

Both Pokemon took some damage, though Ismene took plenty more, now looking a little more beat up. Mohs' lead is widening. Ghost energies for Mohs are a slight bit below half, and Ismene's electric is a slight bit above half. Energy wise Ismene has the lead by a bit, not panting much at all. Mohs can go a titch longer before a break is necessary.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #24
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Can I have some kind of idea just where Mohs is on Ismene's body and what he's trapping? I have a little trouble understanding how that left arm's any more mobile than the right without any information. It'd also help with orders. Probably.

WF

Old 11-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #25
Red Panda
donk

He fell on her in a way that he is slightly tilted. Her right arm is near crushed, though her left arm is slightly more free. He could easily, say, pin down her other arm with his own if need be. He is on her midsection, so her face is face is free, and while her feet are, she can't do much to move them at all.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL