UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 10-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

UPN PASBL - Gym Match: Blaze Challenges Sneezey's Ghostly Gym

I reffed the first part of Blaze's gym challenge, may as well ref the latter. Hopefully my quality will be much increased from last time. Also looking forwards to seeing the science of ghost usage from the expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
blazeVA (c) vs. Sneezey12 (GL)
6 vs 6
Singles
Equiall
Slapstick
96 Hour DQ
Switch = OK
The Last Stop

Spoiler: show
The Last Stop
The Last Stop looks like a simple bog, but it is not entirely of this realm. It is the final resting place of souls who have yet to cross to the other side. The trees here are all petrified, and while there are enough of them to provide decent cover, they are spaced out well enough to allow Pokemon of somewhat large size to pass unhindered. The real quirk to this place, however, is the somewhat dense fog, which cannot be blown away. Pokemon not of the Ghost type will have some difficulty seeing through it, as it is not normal fog, and is the barrier to the other side. Additionally, the fog gets thicker with each Pokemon that is knocked out during the battle, starting as a slight irritation at the beginning but able to become bad enough that the average Pokemon won't be able to see far from their own face, though this requires a full ten Pokemon total from both sides to become as such. The bog itself is fairly shallow, so Ground and Rock attacks may be used normally, however it is deep enough that it can be used for Water attacks that rely on the arena. In the center of the woods, where the battle starts, is a circular platform raised a foot out of the bog made of clay enscribed with odd simbols that glow an eery blue to show the direction of any Pokemon that are not of the Ghost type. There are five torches on this platform lit with blue flame. Four spaced evenly along the perimeter and one in the center. The torches cannot be blown out or put out in any way other than being fed upon by a Ghost, which costs a move and restores light energy. All battles will take place at night under the full moon, having an effect on attacks that use moonlight similarly to if Sunny Day was to be used at night. The moon may give off a lot of light, but this is the main reason that visibility is so clear, and as the fog gets thicker the combatants will be less and less able to use the moon to it's full advantageous effects. Weather based attacks will not work here, as there is no change in weather in the other realm.
Sneeze with his pre-planned squad first, please~
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Spoiler: show
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Misdreavus Missy sez: Two Walk In - One Walks Out

Right, so I guess this gets to keep going as scheduled due to my forcing a slot open.

Smoke Badge
Attachable Badge
The Smoke Badge is proof of a trainer's victory over Sneasel12 in The Last Stop Ghost Gym, the main metal casing of which is shaped as a wafting puff of smoke. The ever swirling smoke behind the thick glass of the badge represents the ability to change one's strategy at a moment's notice, a quality one must possess if one wishes to be a top tier trainer.
Badge Effect: Shifting Smoke
The Pokemon this badge is attached to is enveloped in a smokey aura that, when touched by an opponent, causes them to become horrified. This horror prevents the opponent from using any attack or technique gained through their signature for the rest of the match. Additionally, if the opponent normally has a justifiable reason to be afraid of the wearer, the opponent will also have any mental stat changes removed and their mental state made neutral. The effects of fear and intimidation moves are not affected by the horror created by this smoke.
Attached to Anasazi the Dusknoir

Anasazi: Male Dusknoir (level 5) (level-up)
Biography: Anasazi is the ghost of a deceased tribal chief, known for his unrelenting war tactics and brutal power. His entire tribe was massacred and his land razed in the dead of night by another tribe, himself included. He holds a connection to the rest of his tribe that allows him to shift into their plane of existence with great effort.
Hidden Power: Bug
Special Training: True Power
Anasazi can use Shadow Force once per match. Anasazi no longer benefits from fighting more enthusiatically at night, as most Ghosts do. Additionally, he is considered weak to Fire type moves, and can no longer use any Fire type moves. His connection to other spirits means that he does not have full control over his own being, let alone having control over that of others, and as such can no longer use Curse, Pain Split, or Destiny Bond.

Miss Missy Miss: Female Mismagius (level 4)
Biography: Miss Missy Miss has always taken joy in staying awake for days on end, and I could never figure out as to why. After quite a while I determined that this problem was because she couldn't relax when it was time to sleep, disturbed by all the commotion around her. It was at this point when I got her a white noise machine, and she hasn't had a problem relaxing ever since. In fact, she liked the white noise so much that she would just start letting out sounds of her own to mock it, calming herself down in the process.
Hidden Power: Fighting
Special Training: White Noise
Whenever Miss Missy Miss uses Screech, she is benefitted with the same boosts associated with a Calm Mind. Her Screech attacks now use 25% more energy, and may only be used twice per match. Also, because she respects how difficult it is to get sleep sometimes, she will not purposely use damaging attacks against sleeping opponents, and has foregone her learning of Nightmare and Dream Eater.

Keaira: Female Sableye (level 4)
Biography: Keiara, being a Sableye, has always had a deep connection to the shadows around her. Inspired by her abilities involving shadows, Keira decided to go under training to use shadows further to her advantage, forming a strong attack out of them.
Hidden Power: Flying
Special Attack: Totally Not Shadowball (Ghost/Dark)
Keiara draws shadows around her into a ball of energy which she then hurls at the target for extreme damage. If the arena is very dark, the charge time will be reduced slightly, but if there is very little shadow to draw from, it will take longer, at ref's discretion. Obviously if for whatever reason there are no shadows about, the attack is unusuable. This attack takes extreme energy, and can be used twice per battle, once as a Ghost type attack, and once as a Dark type attack. Charge time in an average arena is just over that of a Hyper Beam.

Perdita: Female Drifblim (level 4)
Biography: Perdita loves nothing more than to float about happily in the sky, but she just doesn't like it when people try to bring he down. Inspired by Swords Dance and Reflect, she has created a way to attempt to stop this from happening.
Hidden Power: Ground
Special Defense: Spin Sphere (Ghost)
Perdita spins quickly in place why producing Ghost energy, causing a swirling sphere to appear around her. This sphere will bounce orbs and rocks back in the exact direction from which they came, with slightly reduced power. Any other moves that hit the sphere are harmlessly nulled a la Protect. Energy use is equal to that of Reflect, and Spin Sphere may only be used once per battle.

Gashka: Genderless Rotom (level 4)
Bio: Gashka decided that unlike others of her species she would not possess appliances to gain power, and instead focused on her Ghostly ways, more precisely, mixing them with her Electric prowess to neutralize certain electrical fields.
Hidden Power: Ice
Special Training: Neutralize
Gashka’s plasma is specially tuned to the electrical fields of moves and Pokeballs in such a way that any move such as Stealth Rock, which would normally place itself around the field after hitting and await the next change in an electrical field that is produced by a new Pokemon switching in, instead has its tuning removed. This causes the move to become completely useless after striking Gashka, just sitting around the arena where they normally would, and not striking upon Pokemon switching. This applies both to moves that are used on Gashka first and to moves that have been sitting in the arena and strike Gashka when she switches in. Gashka can no longer use Volt Switch.

Azura: Female Chandelure (level 4)
Bio: Preferring to fight at night, Azura suffers from her Fire attacks, among other things, never being able to be affected by the brightened sun. As such, she has learned to use the sun's reflection on the moon as well as the light from the distant stars in the same manner as the sun itself.
Special Training: Azura's Star
Azura can use any moves that would normally require sunlight at night as though the sun itself was still out, however Sunny Day must first be in effect either by use of the move or through simulation in the arena. Azura can no longer use Flash, Haze, or Embargo.

Good luck. I'll make sure you need it.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Blaze walks into the Last Stop arena, having escaped the clutches of the last trainer who had fought him. Blaze had done well last match, but this time, he knew for sure he was going to die. This Gym Leader quite simply was not one to fuck with. And defeating his Gym Trainer was more than enough to get his attention...and anger him. Despite the confidence in his abilities, Blaze knew that this was quite simply, the Last Stop.

Thanks for picking this up Kin, And good luck Sneezey, though you won't need it. Doesn't mean you won't get it. I've thought for all of about 15 minutes on who to bring to this match, and this doesn't mean I will win. Not by a long shot. But thank God for Equiall.

Marche: Level 5 Male Golem(up-level)
Signature: Paladin Heart, Fighting Body (FIGHT)
Marche is now a Rock/Fighting type, with all the weaknesses (Water, Grass, Psychic, Fighting, Steel, Ground), and resistances (Normal, Bug, Dark, Fire, Rock, Poison). He has learned the moves Bulk Up and Close Combat. He also loses the moves: Focus Punch, Fire Blast, Bulldoze, and Rock Slide.

Lemon Drop: Level 4 Female Lopunny
Hidden Power: Flying
Signature Training: Kyun-Kyun Fighting Spirit!(Typeless)
If Lemon Drop is about to be KOed by an attack, she will be able to continue fighting on for another round due to her fighting spirit. This is similar to Charizard's SC, and functions the same as well. Because she does not like to get into arguments, she loses the moves Frustration, Switcheroo, Hyper Voice, Uproar and Retaliate.

Ravager: Level 4 Female Charizard
Hidden Power: Rock
Special Attack: Tenacity (Electric)
Ravager charges Electric energy into both of her fists, before slamming them into the opponent, dealing considerable damage and causing them to be launched away from Ravager, distance depending on the size of the opponent. Ravager will then become fatigued after using this attack, and her stats(excluding accuracy and evasion) will be lowered slightly. These debuffs are considered permanent until she is switched out. This attacks power increases with every debuff and status condition she is inflicted with, a minor increase for each one. This attack will have a higher chance of success under paralysis or confusion. This attack costs major energy and Ravager has enough Electric energy to use this twice.

Raptor: Level 4 Female Sceptile
Hidden Power: Electric
Special Attack: Devastation Crush(ROCK)
Raptor leaps through the air(either through jumping from the ground or from a high place such as a tree) and charges a fist full of Rock energy before slamming it into the opponent, dealing considerable damage. The energy is designed so that it will “crush” the opponent, lowering all of their stats slightly for three rounds. Raptor has the Rock energy to use this move twice per match.

Traptrix Atrax: Level 4 Female Galvantula
Sig Pending

Amazoness: Level 4 Female Samurott
Hidden Power: Fire
Sig Pending

Hopefully this will be a good match. Not anything like what happened between me and Dave.

Ah crap I got to chose who to send out as well. Balls. Anyways....I'm not going to send out a Pokemon with an obvious weakness right at the start, so let's go the same way we did last match! Lemon Drop, come forth!

Fuck these crabs
Old 10-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
Sneaze

"Anasazi, show them what fear truly means. Pursuit into your foe then proceed to Fling her into the swamp, preferably into a tree."

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Double Team after the Pursuit, then give him a Shadow Ball.

Fuck these crabs
Old 10-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 1: Blaze VS Gravekeeper Chief

The murk of the fog claims the field as it's own as two trainers face off across the fell world they find themselves in. The elder of the pair regards his challenger with a look that could be interpreted as scorn, a subtle flame of anger burning beneath. Fear flashes across the upstart foe's face as he considers his situation, but he sets his feet and steels his heart as he reaches for his first orb and tosses it onto the stage before him, a rabbit who's entrance has become near synchronous to his own quickly taking shape on the field of combat. Hardly phased by this development, the leader gestures to the stage, Blaze and his pokemon looking up to have their gaze filled with terror as a massive pokemon descends onto the field.

Darkness filling the void around him, the mighty Dusknoir, Anasazi, hovers for a moment before being whisked away by the current around him, Lemon Drop's eyes widening in shock as the ghost moves with a speed belying it's size, crashing into her with a resolute strike. As the rabbit takes the hit, the light around her suddenly refracts, the air hazing over for a moment as five normal-types regain their footing. Although, there appears to be something wrong with four of them- The bright light from the runes below faintly shines through their bodies, as though they were not quite real... Taking this as a cue, Anasazi lunges towards the solid image, hefting them into the air before flinging them into the nearest tree, Lemon Drop crying out in pain as she smashes into the solid rock. Painfully rising out of the bog, she hopes to repeat her success of the first match in this campaign, summoning the air around her into a devilish sphere of dark power, the pulsating orb throbbing almost as though it were living as it flies through the air and strikes it's target.

As the pokemon stare eachother down once more, neither looks particularly pained or tired quite yet. This could be a truly enjoyable fight.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

So...apparently blue light is the key to solving Double Team? Come on. Bright sunlight could do the same and it doesn't. This isn't rain. All clones appear the same, regardless of lighting conditions.

Fuck these crabs
Old 10-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Sneaze

Doesn't much matter since Kin reffed the way the symbols work wrong anyway. They light up in the direction of the actual Pokemon, so they would light up directly under the real one but not the fakes.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #10
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Ahhh, so they are decently small enough. Fair enough. Statement retracted(though its right).

Sweet Kiss to confuse him, then...errmmm...Secret Power.

Fuck these crabs
Old 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
Sneaze

"Taunt. Blizzard to overpower the Secret Power while you move forward to close the gap."

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #12
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Oooooooh

Yeah, see, I totally misread the arena. I thought the symbols 'lit the way' for non-ghost types, implying that ghost types didn't need the symbols to see. Now I see that it's that they light the way to non-ghost types. I seeeeeee.

(Yeah I was told that the symbols would nullify Double Team but I couldn't figure out how so I just flailed around until I found what I thought was the reason and I was wrong. Sorry, all!)
Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #13
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 2: 'Lemon' Drop

Pastel pink light infuses Lemon Drop's paw as she sweetly touches it to her lips, but a wave of energy from her opponent distracts her, and she looks up to see the fearsome ghost rudely gesturing between her and the bog she stands in, drawing some sort of comparison. Utterly frustrated by this blatant insult to her honour, the rabbit flashes a much more vibrant pink, energy rushing through her limbs before blasting outwards in a wave of power, a widespread attack which Anasazi surveys before selecting the proper maneuver, summoning up a massive burst of icy power to break straight through the incoming wave. Or, well, he would, if not for the charge time Blizzard was given, and the wave of energy strikes him first, getting in a hit before he retaliates with the powerful concentrated blast he was preparing for, Lemon Drop freezing in more than shock as the bog around her feet ices over and solidifies, holding her captive as the grand ghoul approaches.

Anasazi is unlikely to be able to pull off another full Blizzard, while Lemon Drop remains under the effects of Taunt, though not by much. Both pokemon still appear in very similar condition, though Anasazi looks a tad winded from that last attack.
Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #14
Sneaze

Don't see why Anasazi would be winded by Blizzard when literally every other attack he's used has been low energy. Especially given that he's an up-level.

"Rock Tomb around your foe, then Feast on a Torch Flame to recover some energy."

Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #15
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Hmmm....this might work.

Bounce out of the Tomb, onto him. Then, give him another Shadow Ball.

Fuck these crabs
Old 10-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #16
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 3: Sealed Offering

Lemon Drop hiffs at her foe confrontationally from her icy prison. Anasazi tiredly observes his foe before raising an arm, the rabbit starting in surprise as stones arise from the bog around her, her eyes glazing over in fear as the rocks lock into position above her head, sealing her out from the arena's faint light. Anasazi takes this time to leisurely slurps up one of the offered flames, the faint light decreasing just the slightest bit more...

Energy conservation all around this time, no need to worry!
(大丈夫)
Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #17
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

My name is Blaze. And I just seriously fucked up.

Fire Punch your feet so you can be free, then Dig out and behind the Tomb. If the tomb collapses around you, replace Dig with Strength to throw the rubble off of you.

Fuck these crabs
Old 10-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #18
Sneaze

"Feast on a Torch Flame for more energy recovery, then wait a bit so that your foe has time to dig and proceed to Rock Slide the tomb right back onto her."

Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 4: Prisonkeeper

From the tomb, the sound of a flame rushing to life is closely followed by a light tining. Anasazi nonchalantly ignores this as he moves to the next flame, the ghostly torch following it's brethren much the same way as the first. Then he simply waits for a bit; Lemon Drop emerges from the bog behind the tomb, panting at the relief of emerging from the soggy soil. The ghoul inexorably approaches the tomb, slowly lifting an arm into the air. The arm swings down as his second hand meets it, the tomb sliding forth. Lemon Drop's ears droop as she glimpses the rocks coming after her, crying out as they topple over her once more.

It's safe to say that Anasazi probably isn't going to be doing any more rock manipulation this match.
Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #20
Sneaze

"Earthquake into Bulldoze. If she manages to escape, replace the latter with a Psychic wave."

Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #21
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Strength to throw rubble at him, then Shadow Ball after Psychic.

Fuck these crabs
Old 10-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #22
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 5: Like Hulk, but cuter and fluffier.

Dismissively, Anasazi slams the earth, pounding waves rushing through the ground and shaking the rocks around, the rabbit trapped beneath crying out in pain. He raises his hand once more, but freezes at a truly strange sight. Slowly, the rocks begin to rise, stones lifting from the earth's touch, closely followed by Lemon Drop, who's stalwart determination shines through as she trembles under the weight of the load. With a cry, she flings the stones at her foe, who's shock is overwhelmed by pain as the rocks slam into him. Eyes flashing in anger- no, with power- The specter gestures towards his foe, twigs and water sent askew as an invisible wave of energy sweeps through and firmly strikes his target, the lagomorph wincing as the attack pushes her back. Lemon Drop thrusts her paws before her, a mass of shadow once more whirling to life between her digits, before she pulls her arm back and whips the attack forwards, the sphere nailing the sizable foe.

Despite her impressive performance this round, Lemon Drop is looking fairly weak from that assault, and it seems like she's lost the majority of her health. She's looking ever so slightly more energetic than her foe, though. She's seems to have exhausted her connection to the ethereal, though. Both pokemon stand with a small group of rocks at hand, Lemon Drop's feat of power helping to symmetricalize the match.
Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #23
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Secret Power into Full Charge Hyper Beam.

Fuck these crabs
Old 10-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #24
Sneaze

Cute.

"Quick charge Substitute to absorb the Secret Power. Shadow Force, time your disappearance so that you dodge the beam."

Quote:
Old 10-12-2013, 02:37 AM   #25
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 6: Like The Flash, but bigger and stronger.

Lemon Drop shimmers pink, light radiating off her in undulating waves. The waves unify themselves into a single layer of energy, rushing from their source and into Anasazi, who falls to the ground, unraveling into waves of energy as the illusion wears off and the challenger's pokemon whirls to find her real target, shimmering bright white as she gathers more and more energy. The fallen shaman watches as she gathers her power into her ultimate technique, golden light and darkness mixing in equal parts before the rabbit strides forth, a massive explosion of power blasting outwards and over her foe. Panting, she sinks to the ground, triumphantly looking at her foe... Who is simply not there. Eyes widening in surprise, her body twitches in pain as an unfamiliar energy rushes into it, the vanished Dusknoir fading back into existence behind his foe, totally unharmed.

Both pokemon used very tiring moves at the end of this round, and look equally tired. Anasazi's advantage over his foe is obvious at this point- Lemon Drop's nowhere near done yet, but it might not be long...
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles