UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #176
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
>Build up massive lead
>Not allowed to put it to use

It's like I'm being punished because Rangeet's bad.

Speaking of which, carry on 'geet.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #177
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
If he had done a barrel roll I would be asking why it wasn't a three mover.

Gonna order in the morning sorry!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #178
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

It's like you don't want me to have a Greninja.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:57 PM   #179
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Er...Slash!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #180
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Blast Supersonic behind you to stun him, then bank around for as good a shot as you can get with Hydro Pump."
Old 01-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #181
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Chapter 26: Freefall

Spitfire is speeding downward, but Sting is right on his tail. Seizing his advantage, the Gliscor folds his wings in, diving down at his prey, and slashes at the Mantine's back, leaving a hardy scratch and causing Spitfire to squeal in pain and drop a few feet through the sky. That blow really hurt, and Spitfire is just barely holding on. The squeal, however, is nothing ordinary. In fact, Spitfire continues the noise, letting the supersonic waves extend outward and assault the ears of anyone who hears it. Sting, of course, in such close proximity, is a victim of the sonic assault, and he becomes utterly bewildered. He gazes about as he returns to a downward glide, wondering where he is. He remembers being sent out into the sky and fighting something, but he can't for the life of him remember what.

While Sting deals with that crisis, Spitfire banks off to the left, then back to the right, allowing Sting to glide ahead. With a perfect shot against an unsuspecting opponent, Spitfire gathers energy - the last of it, to be frank, into one more attack. While he doesn't have enough energy to completely fuel the attack, Spitfire still firs off a fairly high-powered hydro pump. The jet of water smacks Sting in the back, dealing a massive blow and sending the flying scorpion spiraling down. The hit does knock Sting back to his senses, however, and he rights himself just in time to see Spitfire, eyes closed, speeding downward at a sharp angle. He's clearly worn himself out and can't continue.

Spitfire is unable to battle! Davethefishguy, your fourth and final Pokemon, please!

Summary

Sting took a big hit from that hydro pump, but still has quite a bit of fight in him. Health is a ways into the final third, and Energy is fine for now. The one mover leaves him refreshed for next round.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #182
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Return Spitfire, great showing, rest up.

I suppose it's only fitting that I let Hank clean up here. Released high up, though not directly above Sting."

Quote:
Hank: Male Gliscor
Gliscor: (Ground/Flying) - Gliscor are not true fliers: instead, they glide. If needed to, however, they are able to fly for short distances, and their claws allow them to grab and climb relatively smooth surfaces. Upon evolving, their claws got quite stronger and attacks that use it are 15% stronger then normal. Gliscor can see in the dark, and fight more enthusiastically at night.
Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a Ground-type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation.
Bio: Much as many of my Pokémon are complete nerds when it comes to certain things, we turn to Hank - the resident Simpsons aficionado of the squad. He's spent hours of his life watching the animated yellow people, and is a die-hard fan, shunning others such as South Park and Family Guy. Though he he refuses to admit that The Simpsons went past season 14 and was cancelled there and then rather than go on to become the utter bilge that it has now.
Anyway, it was this very show that named him and gave him his catchphrase. Like many others, he fell in love with the character of international supervillian Hank Scorpio, and seeing an affiliation with his last name, took on his first name. Meanwhile, a side-gag gives him his motto of 'You can run, but you can't GLIDE!', to which end he uses his superior aviation skills to track down and strike opponents attempting to flee.

Special Attack - Hang Glider (GD/FL):
Charging himself with either Ground or Flying energy (specified upon ordering), Hank launches himself at the opponent, tracking their movements and adjusting his flight path to ensure a hit. Upon impact, he manoeuvres and grapples them into a sleeper hold position. Hang Glider deals considerable damage for heavy energy and has a 20% chance of Body Slam style paralysis. This attack is quite difficult to dodge and can be used twice per battle.
"Keep your opposite number at bay with a Razor Wind and a Dark Pulse."
Old 01-31-2014, 06:08 AM   #183
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Use a Quick Attack to dodge Dark Pulse and strike; follow up with two Ice Fangs.

Second three-mover confirmed.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #184
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Oh Rangeet, you so hilarious.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:17 AM   #185
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

I'm going to die next round and I really want to take at least a third of your last pokemon's health!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:36 AM   #186
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Chapter 28: Gliscor on Gliscor

Quickly pulling out a Pokeball to bring his falling comrade to safety, the fisherman is quick to decide on his final champion. He tosses a new ball into the air, allowing his own Gliscor, Hank, to emerge above Sting. Without wasting time, Hank beats his wings quickly, generating a razor-show pockets of air in the wind that he pushes down on his battered opponent. Sting takes the attack, though, in preparation for his own onslaught. As Hank charges and fires a pulse of devious, dark energy, Sting defies all logic and laws of gravity, quickly moving upwards until he's in front of his foe, who is met with a shoulder-charge attack.

Now in close range, Sting's fangs crackle once more, but this time with ice energy. He darts in and clamps down on Hank's neck with his frozen teeth, sending searing pain through the newest Gliscor's body. As if that's not enough, Sting releases his grip, fuels the last of his ice energy into his mouth, which crackles substantially less, and clamps down again, causing Hank to cry out in agony. The two Pokemon, entangled, drop about 30 feet before separating and flapping their wings hurriedly to sustain their altitude.

Summaries

Sting is in critical health. He's tired from that exertion, and ice energy is gone. One would be preferred, but two might be smarter.

Hank took a trio of hits and dropped into the middle third (Rangeet got his wish). Energy is fine.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:10 PM   #187
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>Mock Rangeet for not noticing that I released my Gliscor really high up to avoid Ice Fang rape
>Kots lets aforementioned rape happen
>Rangeet goes offline so that we can't just end this match

Dammit today was going so well too.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:00 PM   #188
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

It's part of our plan to keep you from getting Goodra for as long as possible.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:59 PM   #189
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Yeah, but Quick Attack is magic, etc.

Play air guitar!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #190
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

See my excellent plan was for you to stay low because you can't reach me, then use my sig attack, Aqua Tail and Ice Fang in a three-mover. But now you've ruined everything.

"Guillotine. Aqua Tail if he's still up."
Old 02-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #191
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Chapter 29: Air Guitar

Sting, rather than continue the fight, glides over to the side of the mountain, where he finds an outcropping that he can land on. Hank lets him. Sting then proceeds to display his greatest talent - the air guitar. It looks a little something like this.

BORKED

I'm not sure why, but this guy kind of reminds me of Mozz.

Anyway, Hank has had about enough, and so he soars down, opening his pincers wide. He secures them around Sting's body and, due to the exhaustion of Sting from the prior round and his air guitaring antics, clamps down. Hard. Sting lets out a moan of pain and goes limp, defeated.

Sting is unable to battle! Hank and Davethefishguy are the champions of the sky!

Davethefishguy receives 4 KOs and 8 TP
Rangeet receives 4 TP
Kindindra receives 4 SP
Kingothestone receives 4 SP for 48 hour reffings

I really enjoyed reffing this match, guys, and would love to ref for either of you in the future. Dave, obviously I just picked up your match with Charminions and I have 2 more of yours already, but Geet, if you ever need a ref, I'm more than willing.

Off to buy myself some slots

*Note: Even if guillotine had failed completely, aqua tail would have finished it.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #192
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Return Hank, well executed."

Geet, good match. You're good with Flyers, the variety of alternate STAB being a great aid there, and you're good at abusing 3D movement. Not sure where I managed to pull ahead so far, but you did well aside from not knowing how Mantine works. Especially pitting one against a Drifblim, which is a largely static flyer. Still, good match, keep at it with the practise, hit TL4 and apply for the Flying Gym. You'd probably have my vote.

Oh and add a Mantine.

Cheers Kots, solid work, thanks a bunch.

Dave out.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #193
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Damn good match Dave, as always you're just better than everyone else.

Definitely grabbing a Mantine sometime.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL