UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #51
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
I find it hard to believe that either a) Ominous Wind gets stopped that easily when they're so close together, or b) That one wind attack of equal strength to the other gets entirely stopped while the other doesn't.

EDIT the first: Before Rangeet brings it up - yes I know there's a large energy gap but given that Sigilyph is actively watching for an attack to counter before it uses its own It just strikes me as odd that it's able to attack that fast, unless they're suddenly further apart than a just-used Pursuit would suggest.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 09-22-2013 at 07:20 AM.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #52
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Fearow weighs nearly three times what Sigilyph does, and there's only air to float through- Pursuit would cause a significant separation, especially considering that she was far away when she started- lot of momentum involved.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #53
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

For 'b', it's more that the 'wind' part of both attacks stopped eachother in the way equal and opposite force tends to do, but while the wind is more of a 'blunt' force, the razors within were more of a 'sharp' force and thus carried on through the collision (the description of the attacks makes it seem that, for Ominous Wind, the energy is infused directly into the wind while for Air Cutter the razors are more suspended within the wind).

For 'a' I just totally forgot about how close/far they were. Will reponder and get back to you.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #54
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Yeah, I'mma say that the impact of pursuit + eggthingy pushed them far enough away for mostly the same thing to happen, though the bundle of ghostyness is closer to Sphinx than I originally implied.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #55
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Fair enough. Pretty sure the energy would disperse though, otherwise energy minefields all over the place.

Given that Sphinx just used Fly, how close are they now?
Old 09-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #56
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Reaaaaaally close.
Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #57
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Ta.

"Quickly use Faint Attack. Then Giga Impact if you somehow survive."
Old 09-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #58
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 9: I can't believe it's not a week!

Sphinx belts out a quick round of song before the rather tired Fearow can react, bringing the mighty bird to it's...
Actually, just forget the saying.

Kazooie is unable to battle! Dave, your second pokemon, please!
Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #59
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Man, Sigilyph really is quite good, isn't it. Shame that I'm not keen on its design. And that Xatu exists.

"Return Kazooie, stellar work for your début. Have a good rest.

Quoth, I've not used you for ages and now I'm using you in two battles at once. Have at."

Quote:
Quoth: Male Honchkrow
Honchkrow: (Dark/Flying) - Honchkrow have influence over Murkrow. If Honchkrow is fighting a Murkrow, the Murkrow will be more reluctant to damage it.
Dark-types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation.
Bio: Having woken up after a night camping, I found a few precious things missing. Using Harbinger's sharp nose to find the thief, a Murkrow who had a penchánt for shiny objects. After returning the objects, the Flying-type offered to guide us out of the forest, before asking to come along with us. After capturing him, it was obvious that the Murkrow was both a hesitant battler, and a fan of poetry. Putting him through Vulgaris' boot camp to bolster his confidence, his battling skills improved, though he remained flighty. He also named himself after a poem featuring a creature quite like him, while also using that creature's catchphrase for his own special move. Since evolving, his confidence has gone through the roof thanks to his pimpin' fresh plumage, though he'll still prefer to turn tail against a severely advantaged foe.

Special Attack: Nevermore! (DK):
Quoth can select a non-natural type within the opponent's movepool, cursing them to be unable to use moves of that type similarly to Grudge. This attack follows the Mozz Badge rules, only able to be used on types which the target has between one and four damaging attacks of. The curse takes considerable energy to perform, is only usable once per battle, and lasts for four rounds on average.
"Snarl into a Twister, old friend."
Old 09-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #60
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Smack Down. Ice Beam, aim for the wind.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #61
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 10: FIRE ALL TYPESPAM CANNONS GOGOGO

((Well this happened about twelve hours later than I thought it would))

The fisherman releases his next defender into the skies, a craven beast taking to the skies, pitch black wings tearing the air as he snarls in disdain at his foe most inferior. Darkness clutches Sphinx's heart and body, but the ancient beast stands firm, the power of his desolate home resonating in the sphere of ancient magic he summons up. The mighty bird is knocked from his perch, and falls like the angels of old, ebony plumage catching the air and halting his descent far below his opponent. Undeterred, the midnight crow grips the wind- bent to his will, nature itself aids his plight with a mighty twister. With a flash, a beam of brilliant teal pierces the gust and strikes the foe, Quoth shrieking in pain as his own mighty blow continues on to seek redemption for the crimes against it's lord and master. As the minions of the sky square off once more, Sphinx's eyes glaze over in pain for but a moment, his health bisected but his will to continue unhindered by the pain. Once more we may see a round like this, but nevermore.
Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #62
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

For reference, actual reffing:

Spoiler: show
2:08 PM - kindrindra: GRR
2:08 PM - kindrindra: SNARL
2:08 PM - kindrindra: SIGILYPH OUCHIES
2:08 PM - kindrindra: BAM
2:08 PM - kindrindra: SMACK DOWN
2:09 PM - kindrindra: HONCHKROW FALLS
2:09 PM - kindrindra: HONCHKROW USES TWISTA
2:09 PM - kindrindra: SIGILYPH SHOOTS THROUGH THE WIND
2:09 PM - kindrindra: POW
2:09 PM - kindrindra: ZAPZAP
2:09 PM - kindrindra: BOTH ATTACKS HIT
2:09 PM - kindrindra: LOL HALF HEALTH
2:09 PM - kindrindra: ENOUGH ELEMENTAL ENERGY FOR ONE MORE GO OF BOTH THOSE ATTACKS

Secret Power and Thunder Wave.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #63
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round -10: RANGEET RAIN

Quote:
1:39 AM - kindrindra: GRR
1:39 AM - kindrindra: SNARL
1:39 AM - kindrindra: SIGILYPH OUCHIES
1:39 AM - kindrindra: BAM
1:40 AM - kindrindra: SMACK DOWN
1:40 AM - kindrindra: HONCHKROW FALLS
1:40 AM - kindrindra: HONCHKROW USES TWISTA
1:40 AM - kindrindra: SIGILYPH SHOOTS THROUGH THE WIND
1:40 AM - kindrindra: POW
1:40 AM - kindrindra: ZAPZAP
1:40 AM - kindrindra: BOTH ATTACKS HIT
1:40 AM - kindrindra: LOL HALF HEALTH
1:40 AM - kindrindra: ENOUGH ELEMENTAL ENERGY FOR ONE MORE GO OF BOTH THOSE ATTACKS
1:41 AM - kindrindra: Aaaaaand yeah.
Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #64
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

It's a shame that Snarl doesn't have an interrupting secondary effe-- oh wait.

"Dark Pulse, then refract Thunder Wave with Heat Wave."
Old 09-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #65
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 11: Nightmare

Quoth releases a billowing wave of darkness, the ebony black energy inflicting damage, but finishing with both pokemon still free from adverse inflictions. Sphinx moves to rectify that, a wave of electrical energy grasping at their target with relentless persistence. Relentless, that is, until a wave of heat rushes through them, the wisps vanishing into the air like wisps into the night. The distance between the two seems even more pronounced after that round, and one wonders what the next bout may bring. Although, Sphinx seems to be reaching the end of his time here- Another round like that could easily put him out.
Quote:

Last edited by Kindrindra; 09-25-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #66
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

I would like to point out that, like most 'mon from Gen V, Sigilyph can't learn Secret Power.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #67
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

HURRDURR I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON I STARTED WITH HONCHKROW'S MOVE IN THE FIRST DRAFT.

Edited.
Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #68
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Ta.

"Twister and Hidden Power."
Old 09-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #69
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Protect the Hidden Power. Smack Down, and help him on his way with a Ice Beam to a wing.

That's my first three-mover.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #70
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 12: Yeah you've waited long enough

Quoth whirls the air into a fearsome twister once more, the attack whirling down the expanse between the two battlers and buffeting the airborne Sphinx for a large amount of damage, a tremor running through the ancient sentinel's frame before the twister fades away, revealing Quoth surrounded with luminescent orbs like some dark sun, the glowing spheres gleaming in the the flagging light of the arena before whirling towards his foe, the avianoid pokemon thrusting it's wings before it in defense, a shimmering layer of light springing into existence and holding fast as the barrage of elemental darkness pounds against it, fading as the last orb sinks into it's embrace. Sphinx now pulls the final remains of his ancient energy sources into a sphere which whirls rapidly through the air, striking Quote full-on the wing and sending the raven plummeting from the skies. Like some distopian ruler from a ruling class, Sphinx looks down on his plummeting foe and releases a jagged laser of icy force, the pale blue pulse running over the fell bird's wing and leaving an icy residue- Quoth vainly tries to regain his flight, but merely manages to slow his decent before he impacts into the stony fortress. Hatred in his eyes, the black bird looks up at his exhausted foe. This ends now.

Quoth took an utterly ridiculous amount of damage, falling far below his midpoint. His foe, however, is noticeably exhausted, his condition one frail and weak. Even taking one more Twister is certain to put him out of his misery, and two of his elemental reserves have been utterly depleted. It's unlikely he'll be able to do anything at all, this time. Rangeet has used his first three-mover.
Quote:

Last edited by Kindrindra; 09-29-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #71
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>Sigilyph gets two full Ice Beams
>Able to perfectly track a falling Honchkrow and strike despite implied ridiculous distance

Pretty sure that at least one of these is wrong.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #72
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

The second Ice Beam wasn't a full one- probably should have mentioned that.

They're pokemon, I don't think hitting a target with constant speed and direction is too hard, especially for a pokemon with three eyes. That said, the distance probably isn't as ridiculous as I made it out to be- My dramatics may have been a bit misleading.
Quote:
Old 09-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #73
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Eh, fair enough. Just that this is the second time this has happened would imply that there's a large amount of distance between them.

Honchkrow's health seems to be a bit low though. Two SE Smack Downs and let's say one HB of SE Ice Damage should leave him a little under half, surely?
Old 09-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #74
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Well, I did give Sigy 1.5 Ice Beams, which might be a little high when compared to the standard (I tend to at least give the 'mon 1.5 uses of the attack in question, unless their only attack of the type is, say, Fire Blast, in which case they're only getting one, no questions asked). But looking over the reffing again I see that I said Quoth is just into his final quarter, which is. Not true. I can only assume I misdivided or something. Even with the small amount of falling damage I factored it, that doesn't add up.
Quote:
Old 09-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #75
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Yeah that sounds more like it. And 1.5 Ice Beams would be a hair under 1 HB but that's a decent way to do type energy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL