UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #26
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Oh right. That's... pretty much how I imagined it in the first place. Like struggling to stay in the air and maybe losing a bit of height but not falling to the ground.

Anyways, orders stand. We really should stop calling every reffing into question, sorry Kin.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:52 AM   #27
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
That Twister should break any ice left. Let's see him dodge a Secret Power.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #28
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 4: Shimmering Winds

((No prob, I'm not good enough to complain about people complaining yet))

Kazooie notes her opponent's position, a swirling twister whirling into existence as she spreads her wings wide. With a single flap, the attack bears down on Golbat, whipping the airborne bat into a brutal spiral before spitting him out again, dazed but deiced. Glancing at his elevated, the Bat shimmers with a pearlescent pink aura, the glow rapidly exploding outwards and striking the flying Beak. As the sparkling dust settles, the secret power of the attack becomes evident, Kazooie wearily blinking her eyes to drive off the drowsiness that menaces over her.

Kazooie has passed the halfway point, and has acquired a notable lead. Golbat, meanwhile, has passed over the other halfway point, the lesser in that regard as well.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #29
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Twister and Sludge Bomb.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #30
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Let the Twister wake you up, then go into a dive while charging Sky Attack to dodge the bombs, pulling up to hit Golbat. Then use Drill Run again."
Old 09-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #31
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 5: YOURS IS THE DRILL THAT SHALL PEIRCE THE SKY

Mimicking his foe's previous technique, Golbat sweeps his wings forwards, a whirling twister whipping up and gripping his foe, battering the airborne bird. A glow, and Golbat's mouth drops open, shining orbs flying out of the crevasse and up towards his airborne foe. In a flash, Kazooie makes known the reason for her ascent- They plummets downwards, sky left behind as balls of sludge fly overhead, feathers lit up in a resplendent shade. As a few of the bombs clip her, Kazooie plows into her foe with a spiraling attack. Golbat winces as the attack strikes him, but Kazooie yanks her beak back, ruddy brown energy spiraling around her beak as she strikes once more, Golbat wincing in pain as the drill-like attack runs through him.

Golbat weakly holds consciousness, his situation most critical. Kazooie now holds the obvious advantage in this match, though her energy must be at least halfway done at this point.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.

Last edited by Kindrindra; 09-07-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Meh
Old 09-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #32
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Air Cutter, regaining some height as you flap your wings. If he's still conscious then Uproar."
Old 09-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #33
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Screech out a super quick Supersonic. Fully Charged Hyper Beam.

You did well, Golbat.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #34
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 6: WTDFCHB

Kazooie takes back to the skies, flapping strongly to release a wave of Cutting Air currents. It's just enough to send Golbat toppling from the skies.

Golbat is unable to battle! 'geet, your next pokemon, please!

[/OneWeekReffing]
Quote:
Old 09-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #35
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Uh...sorry for doing this AGAIN, but...I'm not entirely sure how he can use Substitute before I can use Toxic, but I can't use Supersonic before he can use Air Cutter even with a mild short term energy advantage.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #36
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Quick-charge Sub uses less energy than Toxic. And Golbat had to move to inject Toxic, which I'd imagine granted the time to set up the Sub. In this instance I've got initiative (and an energy advantage?) and am using a low-power move.

Just sayin'.

I mean personally I was expecting for Supersonic to go off halfway through the Air Cutter but Golbat would get KOd anyway.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #37
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

I'm confused as to why Golbat doesn't spit it out considering it would be faster, and after all that's what you'd want.

BTW QC substitute energy cost should be Good energy x 1.5 which is significant. The same as Toxic. So.

I'd be totally fine with Supersonic going off halfway but it happening this way seems...weird to me.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #38
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Oh yeah, I forgot we bumped QC Hyper Beam up to good. Always reffed it as moderate. My bad.

Also:

Quote:
Toxic (PO) -- Using significant energy, the user injects a toxin into the victim in the most appropriate method fashionable. Pokémon with large fangs (Golbat) will bite the opponent; Pokémon with sharp tails (Pikachu) will inject the poison with its tail; Other Pokémon will simply spew the poison from their mouths.
Anyway, I'm not the ref here so I'm going to wait for Kin's decision assuming he's not wasted.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #39
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Blah, editing is too much work.

Overall result is the same but Fearow's mostly confuzled. ~65% of full supersonic confusion, I guess.
Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #40
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Request update on Fearow's health, as accurate as you're willing to give?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #41
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Kin holds his hands out to indicate the distance between his shoulders, then slides his right hand over until one shoulder and his neck are excluded from the indicated area.
Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 02:05 AM   #42
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Rangeet orders Charizard to use Flamethrower on the ref while pointing out that this is not an English major class and you are required to explain in English even if that is "below half" or "above half."
Old 09-17-2013, 02:08 AM   #43
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Below half above quarter. ;__;
Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 03:23 AM   #44
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Sigilyph, released just above Fearow. Layeth the Smack Down, then help him on his way down with a Psychic blast.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #45
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Allow yourself to be unconfused, and freefall while you try to get your wing operational. Before you get hit by the ground or the attack, initiate Pursuit to eat the Psychic. Then use another Ice Eggshell."

m i abusing Psychic rite
Old 09-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #46
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 7: Whoosh

'geet releases a Sigilyph by the name of Sphinx, a fantastic pokemon who doth layeth the smaketh down upon his foe most vile, Kazooie plummeting from the heights, grace left far behind. With a fluttering, she breaks her decent far bellow, watching the watcher for the sign of impending doom. Her wings spread wide as darkness passes over her form, and she rushes off in pursuit of her distant target, the villain's psychic tricks useless against her as she strikes her opponent resolutely, twirling out of the attack to summon up a second sphere of glittering icy energy, the shimmering attack shattering upon her foe and intensifying the cold just a tad.
One combatant has just entered the battle and the other may be on her way out soon enough. Their conditions reflect this for the most part.
Quote:
Old 09-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #47
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Ominous Wind, then Tri Attack."
Old 09-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #48
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Use an Air Cutter to counter the Wind and strike. Use Fly to dodge Tri Attack and strike.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:50 AM   #49
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 8: Winds of Resentment

Both pokemon flap powerfully, twin gusts of wind rushing from either side of the battlements. One glimmers an ominous shade of purple, while the other, while seemingly pure, glitters with the sheen of razor-sharp pockets of air locked within. The equally powerful attacks meet and pokephysics happen, the razors slicing through the murk and the foe lurking behind it while the eerie darkness slows to a stop and just kinda stagnates there, a ghostly hazard for the batters to perhaps avoid. None too pleased with this, the tan bird summons up a trinity of powerful elements- While one light shines with little life of it's own, the three still form into a powerful attack, which wheels towards it's opponent with singleminded determination. The ancient sentry watches this latest affront to it's long held defense, and dives from it's approach with a powerful thrust, whirling about to decisively strike his foe. Fearow holds on by the very skin of her beak- Could she possibly last another second?
Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #50
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Round, Thief.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL