TurTrain (c) vs. EmeraldGoblin (a)
3 v 3
Singles
Equilevel 1
48hr DQ
Slapstick
Return = KO
Lawn Arena

Welp. A match between two new people, one of which is on a train (though hopefully not Sneezey's Rape Train *CHOO CHOO MOTHER****ERS*) and the other appears to be really fast at cranking out various art stuffs.

Anyway, basic lawn arena, 6/9 Health and Energy with a 2/3 SE scale.

I'll need a squad from TurTrain to start, followed by a squad and first mon from EG, First mon and orders from TT, orders from EG.

Edit: Awesome arts as requested by EmeraldGoblin, who is also the creator of said arts.

Last edited by Haymez; 09-21-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Haymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

Thanks Haymez for reffing
My Squad:

Replay: Level 2 (uplevel) Male Pikachu

ZeeZee: Level 1 Male Bagon

Stripes: Level 1 Female Blitzle

Conri: Level 1 Male Mudkip

Paskal: Level 1 Male Bulbasaur

Spaz: Level 1 Male Pansage

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Credit: Equal-to-Heaven

Last edited by TurTrain; 08-28-2013 at 08:04 PM.
TurTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

thanks for reffin'

Squad:
Bumi: Level 1 Male Scraggy
Meelo: Level 1 Male Beautifly
Oogi: Level 1 Male Gible
Kya: Level 1 Female Shiny Snorunt
Skoochy: Level 1 Male Roselia
Iroh: Level 2 Genderless Bronzor (uplevel)

I will start the match off with Bumi

Last edited by EmeraldGoblin; 08-27-2013 at 09:26 AM.
EmeraldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

Bagon Power!

Alright then, go ZeeZee, start with Hone Claws then go for Dragon Claw!

Last edited by TurTrain; 08-26-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

ZeeZee thinks he is clever? I think Bumi can work himself around ZeeZee.

Bumi distract him with a taunt to prevent him from using hone claws! Follow up by countering his dragon claw with your own Ice Punch.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Grovyle Round 1: Never bring a knife to a fist fight

Welcome one and all, to the ultra fabulous... Lawn Arena. Wow, okay. That was rather anticlimactic. In any case, today we have a match between two of the newer members of ASB, let's see what they have in store.

From TurTrain we see ZeeZee, who I'll call ZZ because it's easier to type and I'm lazy. Oh, did I mention she's a Bagon?

Countering, EmeraldGoblin brings on Bumi the Scraggy. No one appears to hold any advantage at first, but anything could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Species Characteristics
Bagon (Dragon): Bagon’s skulls are very tough, and as a result, and attack Bagon performs with it’s head does 125% damage, while any physical attack that strikes Bagon’s skull will only do 50% damage.
Dragons tend to be good swimmers and fliers. However, they hate cold weather.

Scraggy: (Dark/Fighting) The yellow portion around its lower body which resemble pants are actually a shed skin which is very thick and rubbery. This skin can be used as defense, reducing damage from attacks when pulled up over its torso.
Dark types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
Fighting Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them slightly greater endurance and energy.
With that let's get underway.

Eyeing each other, the two combatants mentally prepare for the upcoming battle. ZZ takes this a step further, attempting to prepare herself physically, and moves to hone her claws with some nice sharpening action. Unfortunately, Bumi has other plans, calling out a taunt to the Bagon. "A real dragon doesn't need to sharpen their claws" along with other obscenities spew forth. Oooh, he's good. Must have taken lessons from the French.

Anyway, ZZ ceases his sharpening almost immediately looking very angry, perhaps a bit red in the face. Smirking, Bumi saunters forward, driving heat away from his fist with a bit of concentration. Meanwhile, ZZ is summoning the power of the dragons into one of his claws, preparing to strike. The two move slowly toward each other, before stopping and circling for a moment, each looking for an opening. Each of their limbs glows brightly, ZZ's a deep red while Bumi's gleams a brilliant light blue.

The circling ceases for one small moment before the two combatants leap toward each other. Bumi sweeps in with a vicious gut punch, an ice cold move if you ask me. ZZ's dragon claw sweeps in to meet the punch, he really doesn't have big enough arms to do anything else. "I have a big head and little arms..." You know the rest. Anyway, the two attacks meet in the middle, and a small explosion occurs, smoke obscuring the two pokemon as red and blue streaks of energy shoot out in all directions.

As the smoke clears we can see the Scraggy standing over a toppled Bagon, the fighter's punching experience and the dragon's aforementioned tiny arms prove to be a brutal combination as ZZ takes the worst of the damage, though Bumi didn't escape unscathed.

As the round closes:

ZZ took a nice blow to start, not liking the spam, but is doing all right. Fine on energy.

Bumi got the better deal on damage this round, looking much fresher than his opponent. Doing all right energy-wise, ice is just above half.

EG to order.

Last edited by Haymez; 08-30-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Haymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Bumi, as ZeeZee is a bit startled by your previous move, use fake out to daze your opponent. Then, follow up with a dual chop, but make sure to aim it simultaneously at each arm; use your right arm to chop at his left arm, and use your left arm to chop at his right arm.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

*Facepalms at ZeeZee's genderlessness* ZeeZee was meant to be a guy sorry... derping out...

ZeeZee, use HeadButt to counter that fake out, or at least block it with your head if it looks like Bumi is coming in too fast. Then use Dragon Pulse to push him back.

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains

Last edited by TurTrain; 08-28-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Grovyle Round 2: Surprise Gender Surgery

Rather low on time at the moment, but keeping the bonus. Forgive me if this isn't quite up to par. I'll be sure to step it up in the future.

As ZZ pulls himself to his feet Bumi rushes forward, clapping his hands on either side of the Bagon's head. The fake out manages to thoroughly surprise ZZ, who fails to execute his headbutt as a result.

Bumi now raises his arms, prepping Dragon energy for some nice typespam. However, ZZ doesn't seem interested in getting hit by the incoming hit, and fires off a dragon pulse as Bumi swings his arms downward. The pulse manages to throw off Bumi's attack, though doesn't push him away as he had hoped. As the pulse struck, Bumi curled inward a bit, causing his dual chop to strike ZZ on the head, reducing the damage by a nice amount.

Both sides took relatively equal damage, though Bumi got off slightly worse. Both appear fine after the lower energy round.

TurTrain
Old 08-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

Bite his face off with Crunch then push him back with Hydro Pump!

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #11
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Since you are so close to ZeeZee, take a fistful of sand, and attack his face with it. Follow up with an underhanded faint attack. If you see that his hydro pump will hit before faint attack, then dodge his hydro pump.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Grovyle Round 3: Playing dead

As the round opens, ZZ stalks forward, dark energy growing in his mouth. Bumi, smirks as he reaches down to grab a handful of sand to attack with. However, his smirk fades and he begins frantically clawing at the ground. It appears this lawn is pretty well kept, and Bumi can't manage to pull up the ground fast enough as ZZ crunches down on the Fighter, who takes surprisingly little damage. a 4x resisted attack will do that to you.

Though it really didn't hurt much, Bumi collapses onto the ground, feigning unconciousness. ZZ releases his hold and takes a step back, letting out a call of triumph. As soon as he takes his eyes off the Scraggy, Bumi whips his leg around, catching the dragon with a nice blow, faint attack having been successful. Enraged, the Bagon turns once again to face his foe and unleashes the force of a hydro pump, a cascade of water blasting Bumi off his feet.

ZZ took a good hit, but gains a health lead this round. Used up a lot of energy, feeling fairly winded. Water is mostly gone.

Bumi took a lot of damage this round, currently lying soaked on the grassy field. Doing fine for energy.

EG
Old 09-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #13
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

what is the distance between us?
Old 09-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #14
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

3-5 ft. Definitely in melee range.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #15
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Bumi use Drain Punch, If that punch lands. then follow up with a dragon claw. Otherwise, use drain punch again.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

ZeeZee, DragonBreath then HeadButt, and don't hold back!

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 09-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #17
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Grovyle Round 4: No holding back

As the round opens ZZ pulls in a large breath of air while Bumi pulls himself to his feet. Seeking to take a whack out of the dragon's health, Bumi prepares a nasty surprise for his opponent, an interesting brand of fighting energy gathering in his fist. However, before he can act, ZZ fires off a fierce dragonbreath, blue-green flames engulf the fighter, who stands his ground, one fist glowing with an orange colored energy. The strange flames aren't made of your average fire though, and Bumi finds his muscles beginning to be locked up. He stiffly throws his prepared drain punch, socking the dragon for a nice blow and restoring a mild portion of Bumi's own health. Unfortunately for the fighter, the paralysis takes full grip at this point, locking up his muscles and very much limiting his movement. The Scraggy very slowly manages to shift about, but ZZ moves to take full advantage of the paralysis. The small dragon lowers his formidable skull and leaps forward, tackling the Fighter to the ground with a forceful headbutt. Bumi falls as the paralysis is driven from him, though small lingering effects are in place and will fade early next round.

ZZ took a good blow, and kept up energy use, needs a breather if he doesn't want to lose efficiency.

Bumi took plenty of damage, slightly offset by his drain punch. Losing a high amount of health overall. Feeling fine on energy, slight lingering paralysis.

TurTrain
Old 09-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #18
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

Mimic that drain punch then use it against him!

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 09-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #19
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Bumi, stay put and lash out a dragon tail as he is close to you. then if you knocked him over, attack him with faint attack. If dragon tail did not knock him over, use protect so the second drain punch does not connect.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #20
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Grovyle Round 5: I have no time and feel bad

I really should have done this sooner.

In any case, Bumi lies back passively as ZZ works to mimic the last move he saw, which was drain punch. Bumi meanwhile prepares dragon energy in his tail before sweeping it around, catching the little dragon square in the chest, though his lingering stiffness weakens the hit a fair bit. ZZ shakes his head and pulls himself to his feet, looking over and seeing Bumi pretending to faint. Unfortunately for the fighter, ZZ isn't keen on falling for that one again, and keeps his eyes fixed directly on the Scraggy so he doesn't attack. Leaping forward, the little dragon eagerly strikes with his new move, pulling a large chunk of health straight from Bumi's.

Plenty of damage exchanged, though Bumi took the worst of it since ZZ's was offset by the drain. More energy use from ZZ, she's feeling rather tired and would appreciate some rest. Bumi is feeling good.

EG.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:38 AM   #21
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Am i still paralyzed?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #22
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

No.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:13 AM   #23
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Use snarl, but if he comes close use drain punch. Then use dark pulse.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #24
TurTrain
Pokemon Trainer

counter with Round, then Flamethrower.

PASBL Member
My Squad
I like Trains
Old 09-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #25
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Grovyle Round 6: Watch your energy...

Bumi pulls himself to one knee before letting out a vicious snarl. Waves of sound laced with dark energy fly forward to strike the panting ZZ. The sheer ferocity of the sound really puts the Bagon on edge, leaving her throat a bit constricted. What with all that breathing and less space to do it in, the dragon fails to execute her song, instead a slightly strangled gasp erupts from ZZ's throat.

Bumi waits for his opponent to make a move, probably not the best plan as this allows ZZ a moment to catch her breath before pulling in a large breath and unleashing a torrent of fire. The stream of flames strikes the fighter hard, as if they had been thrown at high speed. The intense heat envelops Bumi before receding, a look of pure malice in the Scraggy's eyes as he returns fire with a dark pulse, a stream of blackness rivaling the flames just seen strikes home, eliciting a shriek of pain from ZZ.

Worse damage for ZZ this round, though he currently holds a fair lead in that department. Feeling a bit better after this round, though still needs to be a bit energy-conscious. Bumi's feeling fine for now. Both sides should keep tabs on type energy, as certain pools have begun to run dry.

TurTrain.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL