UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 08-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Squirtleking
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to Squirtleking
UPN PASBL: Ger vs KingoftheStone

Welcome all to the pool arena, site of a battle between two fairly new trainers if I'm not much mistaken. Let's have a look at the rules:

Quote:
Ger(A) vs KingoftheStone(C)
3v3 Singles
Equilevel (1)
72 DQ
Slapstick
Return=KO
Arena: Pool
Quote:
Pool (Indoor/Outdoor. Standard Water Arena): A Pool of Water, just like an Olympic Swimming Pool. Nothing Special.
Optional Special Rules: Diving Platform, Heated Pool, Pontoons (Any).
A pair of rectangular pontoons can be found in the pool, one near either end; otherwise it's all water. Let's see the round order:

King posts squad of 6
Ger posts squad of 6 and sends out
King sends out and attacks
Ger attacks
I ref
Ger attacks
King attacks etc

Good luck to both of you, let's go!
Squirtleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Let us begin. Good luck to you, ger. Thanks for taking this match, SK. You may call me Kots, btw.

Proteus: Level 1 Male Oshawott
Zeus: Level 1 Male Emolga
Poseidon: Level 1 Male Tentacool
Dionysus: Level 2 Male Grovyle (Uplevel)
Phorcys: Level 1 Male Poliwag
Pan: Level 1 Male Scyther

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
Ger
Cascade Badge

Ziggler- lvl 2 male Heracross(Uplevel)
Walter- Lvl 1 male Psyduck
Willy - lvl 1 male Wailmer
Fluffy- Lvl 1 female Mareep
Creepy- Lvl 1 male drowsee
Rollins -lvl 1 male bulbasaur

Okay lets start this off lets go Willy!
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Poseidon, lock and load. Let's keep this in the water for now. Start with a confuse ray, then make a substitute.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Ger
Cascade Badge

Lets go Willy first use whirlpool to jumble up the confuse ray then follow up with zen headbutt
Old 08-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
Squirtleking
Rainbow Badge

Round 1: The New Era Begins

New trainers, new reffing scales (x2/x3) and new rewards for me reffing this nice and quickly. Let's get this thing started.

Out first for Kots is Poseidon the Tentacool, who lands in the water before his trainer, facing Willy the Wailmer for team Ger. Water type vs water type, so no obvious advantage here at the moment.

Poseidon wastes no time in launching a Confuse Ray at Willy, aiming to distract his opponent early on. However, Willy doesn't like the idea of this and is quick to dive underwater to safety, swimming in fast circles which cause a small Whirlpool in the centre of the arena, throwing Poseidon off balance a little as he gets pulled along with the current.

With Poseidon's attack foiled, Wally swims back towards the surface. Having been caught in the current, Poseidon is slow to react as Wally Headbutts him for a nice shot of typespam, blowing him back in the water. Hurting and wanting to escape for now, Poseidon quickly forms a Substitute, a copy taking his place as he swims to safety out of the way of the rampaging Wailmer...

Summary

Kots

Poseidon took a good shot of typespam early on, but at this early stage he is in no real danger. He has a substitute up and is ready to go.

Ger

No damage for Willy, who used less energy than Poseidon overall. Psychic energy is around half gone now.

Ger to order
Old 08-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
Ger
Cascade Badge

Good job Willy lets keep up the pressure, first use hyper voice then follow up with an bounce
Old 08-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #8
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Sound for sound, counter with a Screech of your own. Then hit that whale with some Toxic when he bounces on your sub.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:

Last edited by kingothestone; 08-22-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 08-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
Squirtleking
Rainbow Badge

Round 2: Sneaky Sub

Both of our competitors start the round by making a terrible racket, Willy's Hyper Voice just about being countered by the Screech coming from Poseidon, though the Tentacool still takes a bit of damage from the combined roar of deafening sound. Seems that Willy managed to start screaming just a little quicker due to his energy advantage.

Still believing that the pokemon in front of him is Poseidon, Willy Bounces into the air, the substitute's eyes widening comically in horror before the Wailmer crashes down on top of it. In a puff of smoke, the substitute vanishes, and Willy looks around in confusion before getting spattered with Toxic gunk, the real Poseidon revealing himself nearby...

Summary

No real damage to either side, though Poseidon is still the only one hurting so far. Energy is about even, but both are feeling a bit tired and would like a 1 move round soon. Willy has Toxic poisoning, which will kick in next turn.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #10
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Start off with a Double Team to make 2 clones of yourself (3 bodies total). While he tries to figure out which of you is real, get a whirlpool going and keep him trapped.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 08-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
Ger
Cascade Badge

Okay Willy first use Hyper Voice and make sure to use the pool walls to project you're voice out more to hit all three of the clones even if it does less damage then follow up with a whirlpool of your own.

Last edited by Ger; 08-24-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #12
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Requesting a new referee since Squirtleking hasn't reffed in a month and hasn't bothered to respond to VMs/PMs from either player.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #13
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 3: Double Whirlpool....yeah...

If I have to ref Whirlpool every round I'm going to drop this match.

Srsly guise.

Spoiler: show

Well let's get started. Seems that new orders have been volleyed and this water-on-water orgy from hell is going to continue. Poseidon starts by swimming back and forth in a rapid half-circle while after images begin to form. Tencacool are fairly quick however, so three clones form instead of two. (Also you can't really order how many clones you want to form anyway)

Willy doesn't seemed to bother by this and responds with another deep, haunting whale song that echoes throughout the room; the concussive sound waves wash the illusions away to reveal a very embarrassed Tentacool.

Thinking that swirling the water around would be a great way to finally inflict damage upon his foe, Poseidon starts swimming in circles again. Willy sees this and says "Why the F*** not?" before doing the exact same thing.

And it all looks a little something like this:
(Warning: Huge Picture)
Spoiler: show
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

But not really.

The whirlpools clash for a mere second before merely canceling each other out.

Review:

Both sides used some energy. Only Poseidon suffered damage again. He has a very small energy lead to show for it.

Willy still hasn't taken a hit. But Toxic damagezzz

Ger's turn to order.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
wat skool
Quote:
Originally Posted by The O View Post
wat skool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
wat skool

Last edited by The O; 10-01-2013 at 11:29 PM.
The O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #14
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Pointing out that Willy the Wailmer was hit with Toxic in round 2. Also, you'll be glad to know that we (or at least I) have improved moderately since this match was last reffed (mostly because this was originally our first/second match ever) , so hopefully you won't see too many facepalm moves from us.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 09-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
Ger
Cascade Badge

Okay Willy let's go with a Surf then use the waves momentum to bash into Poseidon with a Zen Headbutt
Old 09-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #16
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Let the wave push you up against a wall of the pool. When he comes in for the Zen Headbutt, quickly dive down to avoid it and let him crash into the wall. Then follow up with a venoshock.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 10-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #17
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 4: Training in the Time Chamber

Luckily for us, it seems our trainers took the route of DBZ and trained in a time chamber for many eons. They exit the chamber, feeling a bit less newbier than before.

Willy starts the round by summoning a large wave of water and riding it towards his opponent, but fails to initiate his next attack because back-to-back attacks are a no-no unless you're a dick like Kush/Mercutio and make it a sig or something. The Tentacool takes the hit in stride, allowing the resisted blow to wash him towards a wall in the pool.

Deciding that now would be a good time to follow his next orders, the Wailmer coats his skull (which is like what, 99.9% of his body?) in a veil of psionic energy before rushing towards his opponent. Poseidon doesn't like the look of this; he dodges by descending...deftly. (yay alliteration!)

Willy smacks into the wall instead for a bit of recoil damage, but the higher price is that about half of his Psychic energy went down the drain.

With his opponent a bit stunned from the blow, Poseidon uses this window of opportunity to spray a burst of toxins at the Wailmer from behind. The water dilutes the attack a bit, but most of it still reaches Willy and does its job of taking advantage of the poison already in the mammal's system.

Review:

Willy actually took some real hits this round along with the toxic damage. Energy use wasn't so bad, but his Psychic energy's about half gone with enough for another Zen Headbutt.

Poseidon has an energy lead on the whale, but his health is still trailing just a bit. Otherwise, he's catching up.

Orders from Kots, please.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
wat skool
Quote:
Originally Posted by The O View Post
wat skool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
wat skool
The O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:50 AM   #18
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Get in close with a poison jab followed by a point blank venoshock

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 10-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #19
Ger
Cascade Badge

Shake off that hit Willy, when he trys to come in close hit him with a Zen Headbutt then follow that up with Facade
Old 10-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #20
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Soft bump for O.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 10-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #21
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Talked to ger, cancelling this.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL