UPN PASBL: Copygoo (c) vs. Deebs (a)

Deebs (a) vs. Copygoo (c)
3 v 3
Slapstick
Switch = KO
1 Week Strict DQ
Equilevel
Zero Gravity Chamber (with Boulders)

Alright gentlemen, you know the drill. Post your squads and I'll get to the theatrics afterwards. =D

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
wat skool
Quote:
Originally Posted by The O View Post
wat skool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
wat skool
The O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #2
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
<3
Old 09-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Kale: Female Level 1 Dunsparce
Kale is very serious about battling! She always gives 100% and she never messes around in battles. Outside of battles she's really funny and an enjoyable person to be around! She throws GREAT parties. But yeah, in battle? Total serious mode. She's pushed herself to make the greatest advantage of all of her assets as a Dunsparce.
Hidden Power: Fighting
Special Training: Flight (Flying)
Kale can fly as well as a Pidgey.

Hasi: Female Level 1 Hoppip
Hidden Power: Flying

Danton: Male Level 1 Duskull
Danton thinks he's hot shit. And by hot shit I mean scary as fuck. And let's be real, he kind of is! He's got a skull mask thing for a face and that creepy single red eye hovering behind it. But he treats himself like the King of All Fear and Spookiness in the world and speaks and acts like a B-list horror movie villain. He's actually a huge weenie. Go figure. One thing he DOES have going for him though is how he can pop up out of seemingly nowhere.
Hidden Power: Grass
Signature Techinique: Are You Scared??? (Ghost)
Danton can remove his mask at will. Removing and placing/throwing the mask counts as one move. When his mask is removed, he can teleport to it at will at a significant energy cost. Much like the actual move Teleport, after a few seconds of concentration, Danton will disappear, and then 1-2 seconds later he will reappear whereever his mask was previously, now with the mask on. The order "Spook" means to teleport to the mask. Mask teleporting messes with Danton's ghost energies, and he is unable to use any ghost moves for a full round after doing it. Danton cannot evolve. Danton's mask has the strength of a Marowak's skull, and if it is destroyed the same stipulations for getting a new one apply.

Allie: Female Level 1 Klink

Querra: Female Level 1 Yamask
Querra hates being taken advantage of, or mocked, or generally underestimated in any way. Whenever she starts to get some success, people are always there to shut her down somehow. She's pretty cold and mean towards basically everyone, and she'll do everything possible to keep someone from getting a leg up on her. She's developed a way to just shut everyone around her out and leave her alone, which she uses to full effect on some of her particularly bad, self-hatred days.
Special Training: Peace and Quiet (XX)
If Querra is ordered to block an attack using her mask, a faint typeless force field will project around her as she does so, reducing damage/effectiveness from sound-based attacks by a decent amount. The force field does not shield her from any other type of attack, only sound-based ones. Anything else must strike the actual mask in order to be blocked.

Tjeka: Female Level 1 Beedrill
Tjeka is really intense. She doesn't show weakness except on Wednesdays, when she loosens up and will only play video games and watch anime all day. Otherwise, though, she's a cold and hardened killer.
Signature Ability: A Cold and Hardened Killer (XX)
Tjeka enters battle with a Swords Dance boost in effect. She loses the actual use of Swords Dance, as well as Double-Edge and Skull Bash.

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Bronson: Male Deerling [Level 1]
Hidden Power Rock

Sonmi: Staryu [Level 1]
Hidden Power Flying

Jeanne: Female Meditite [Level 1]
Hidden Power Ghost

Persephone: Female Zubat [Level 1]
Hidden Power Fighting

Isolde: Female Mawile [Level 1]
Hidden Power Water

Llewellyn: Male Cubone [Level 1]
Hidden Power Electric

"Persephone, take flight."
Old 09-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Kale, start off strong with an Ancientpower. Try not to let the momentum of the attack push you back. Flap your wings to help keep yourself steady. Then Thunder Wave.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

"Hmm. She may fly, but she isn't suited to it like you are. Slide around the Ancientpower and give her a light tap with your Quick Attack. Nip her with a Toxic afterwards."
Old 09-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 1: *sigh* Physics

After a fairly long hiatus, I'm back at this shittyfun job that nets me some serious SP. However, I appear to be upside down...either that, or the trainers are on the ceiling...

Oh dear.

Welcome to the zero-gravity chamber. WITH BOULDERS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASBL
Zero-Gravity chamber (Indoor. Advanced Arena for Indoor Battles): If you've ever read Ender's Game, then you'll probably have a good idea of what this arena looks like. It's a large transparent sphere floating in space (or a recreation, like X-Rok's Bolse Defense Satellite arena), with a diameter of the length of a football field (so in other words, about a few hundred feet/hundred meters). There is no gravity in the arena, so Newton's Third Law ("For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction") becomes very obvious over the course of the battle. Moving throughout the arena without gravity will make it slow going for most Pokémon, since moving for most will consist of flailing their limbs. To add to the fun, at the ref's discretion, there may be a number of Snorlax-sized asteroids in the arena, which Pokémon can use for defense or propulsion.
Special Rules: Zero gravity, Artificial Lighting
Optional Special Rules: Boulders (aka meteors), Night Fight. No other optional special rules allowed.
The lights in the arena buzz with activity while our trainers greet each other with a quick wave. Both having been around before my initial debut to the League, I may be able to learn a few tactics from this fight myself.

To our...upper...diagonal, right(?), we have Deebs, someone who reffed a match for me ages ago. And to our...fuck it, on the opposite side, there's Copygoo. I haven't had the pleasure of getting to know them really. But that's enough for the pleasantries! Time to activate my Holo'Dex!

Both trainers stare the other down, ready for a big battle! Deebs hurls a Pokeball to reveal a Zubat named Persephone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holo'Dex
Zubat (Poison/Flying): Zubat is completely blind, as it has no eyes. However, it uses sonar to detect things, which means that it cannot be fooled by visual illusions (such as Double Team). Zubat have sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks.
Perse let's out a series of clicks that reveal to her the nature of her surroundings while she tries to right herself in the funny faux-air of the chamber. Copy responds with Kale, a Dunsparce that appears with a flash and also attempts to get her bearings in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holo'Dex
Dunsparce (Normal): Dunsparce can see in the dark. A Dunsparce can also fly with its wings, though neither fast nor well.
Hm, contrary to the readings here, Kale seems to be flying with a fair amount of skill. This could be a result of some special training; how interesting! Ah, orders!

Kale starts off quick by forming an orb of glowing white energy at her mouth while Perse releases another series of cries that updates her on the situation. As the Dunsparce launches the sphere of Rock-energy, her opponent manages to dart off in her general direction, narrowly maneuvering around the projectile and not-so-deftly going in for a glancing blow. Both combatants spin a bit after the contact and turn to face each other again. Kale wastes no time in sending strings of concentrated electricity at her approaching foe, who just manages to close the short distance in time to inject some nasty poisons into the Dunsparce with a quick bite. Both 'mon spin a bit more before breaking contact and Persephone floating limply like a doll.

So let's review what happened. Kale didn't use too much energy to start with. She took negligible damage from this exchange too, but a nasty Toxic is seeping its way into her bloodstream. She has Rock energy left for another Ancient Power, and enough Electric for another Thunder Wave.

Persephone used only slightly less energy than Kale, and suffered only a bit more damage than the Dunsparce. She's fairly paralyzed at the moment, but other than that both combatants are on even terms.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

"Alright, nice job, Seph. Supersonic and as you lazily float around, pour out some Haze."
Old 09-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #9
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Charge her with a Zen Headbutt. The momentum of the attack should push her away from you in a straight line, so you'll still know what direction she's in. Send a Blizzard her way as the Haze comes out.

Old 09-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #10
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 2: Calm the f*** down!

As Persephone floats back, still locked up from last round, she barely manages to open her mouth to release a shrill, confounding noise that should render her opponent helpless. However, her foe has none of this; Kale concentrates as a film of Psychic energy wraps around her skull, protecting her mind from the perplexing nature of the sound. The Dunsparce charges, a bit clumsily mind, head-first, ramming the bat for a great deal of damage. Persephone tumbles backward through the air toward a boulder, releasing a thick miasma from her mouth that clouds her trajectory a bit.

Taking aim in the general direction that her opponent went, Kale readies a great deal of Ice energy at her mouth before exhaling mightily into the dark veil. Kale is propelled back slightly from the force of her own attack and the Zubat's cover is literally blown by the maelstrom of ice and snow. Luckily for Persephone, she managed to avoid some of the attack after some of the paralysis was knocked out of her. She now appears to be fully mobile again after the last assault, but at the cost of taking a ton of damage that round.

Ah, Kale shudders. The toxins in her bloodstream taking their toll.

Kale exerted herself this round, with Ice tanks emptied and enough Psychic power for another Zen Headbutt or similarly taxing move. She did net a large lead in health though. Took some damage from Toxic.

Seph's energy use was negligible but she suffered a lot damage this round and looks a bit battered.

The Zen Headbutt and Blizzard put some distance between the two. They've got fifty feet between them.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool

Last edited by The O; 09-16-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #11
The O
Boulder Badge

It's been a week, gents. Deebs, if you're interested in a DQ, now's the time.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 10-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Oh, fuck.

Let a Shock Wave push you away a bit. If she comes in towards you, give her a Secret Power.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:19 AM   #13
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

"U-Turn to Jeanne."
Old 11-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

I'm formally cancelling this match. Boom. Cancelled.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL