Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
Shuckle (c) vs Kairne (a)
3v3
Singles
Slapstick
Return=OK
Large Stump Arena (Indoor Custom Arena):
This arena is a giant tree stump about 50 metres across, large enough for Pokémon to scrap quite a bit. It's about 6 metres tall, making a drop painful but not particularly dangerous. There are indents in the tree's side that allow a limbed Pokémon to climb back up if needed, although the battle may carry over to the field below as well. Below is a field of ordinary grass.
The arena doesn't seem overly varied, but it is and interesting and unique arena, if only because Rock Tomb sounds like a lolnope. Sounds pretty nice, though. 'Nice' in that instance meaning 'naturally beautiful'.

Squad from the holder of the Individuality Stamp first, I think?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Names, Kin. Names.

Sing - Uplevel Male Kirlia (WHY I NO CAN HAS GALLADE)

Wibble - Male Solosis
Bio: Wibble is an interesting, sort of reclusive bubble of psychic energy.
Signature Training: Magic Guard
Wibble is unaffected by damage from things that aren't direct attacks, such as recoil, poison, burns, weather, and multi-round effects. The Magic Guard fades of energy exhaustion when Wibble has less than 1 HB of energy remaining.

Quartz - Male Venipede
Bio: Quartz was found at the center of a hive of destruction. He was known as the Ball-Biter of Southern Yutaca, and he lived up to his name very well. Unfortunately, due to the extreme toxicity of his poisons (and their very small initial discomforts), his victims were bitten on the scrotum as they slept, awakening to extreme pain, and left to interact with their environments for three days before expiring in a festering, poisoned haze.
Signature Training – Virulence:
Quartz's poisons, instead of starting at minor damage, start at moderate, and cap at extreme damage instead of significant.

Julia - Female Larvitar

Kojonia - Female Mienfoo

Hack - Shiny Male Pawniard

I hope I don't regret bringing anyone >_>

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

Penelo: Piplup Lv 1 (F)

Cyrus: Klink Lv 1
Sig: Special Attack: Gear Throw (Varies)
Cyrus creates several small, solid gears out of energy and flings them at the foe, in a move similar to Rock Blast or Stone Edge. This move does considerable damage for considerable energy. This move can be of a few different types, those being Fire, Water, and Grass, due to his extensive studying of geothermal power, steam power, and burning wood as fuel sources. He has the energy to use each type twice per battle, and it has a total usage limit of four times in any one battle, regardless of type used. However, due to the time spent learning about all those different energy sources, he never learned Signal Beam, Lock-On, Zap Cannon, Toxic, and Gravity.

Lemon: Watchog: Lv 2 (M)

Raz'r: Bulbasaur Lv 1 (M)

Anyanka: Totodile Lv 1 (F)

Remus: Throh Lv 1 (M)
Sig: Special Training: Armor of Mars
Remus's skin is slightly hot, due to training dedicated to a deity of fire. This makes him harder to freeze, and he can be painful to be in contact with for a significant amount of time, possibly even causing a burn after a few seconds (or worse, if contact is held for longer), similar to Magmar, only less severe. He can now use Flame Charge. However, he loses access to Ice Punch and Rain Dance.

I'll kick it off with Anyanka the Totodile.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Quartz. Toxic, then Venoshock.

GODDAMMIT I WANTED TO USE LARVITAR

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

Quote:
Old 08-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
Slash
Poison Jam

Water Pulse wave to wash out the poison coming towards you, try to hit him with the remainder of the wave as well, if possible. Take the Venoshock, it's of no concern to you, and send an AncientPower towards him.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 1: A loggy start

Two trainers face off, staring at eachother across the expanse of a truly massive tree stump. One stands tall on his shoeless feet, while the other proudly displays a shiny stamp on his shirt. The two grab their pokeballs, and prepare to do batt-
"Heeeey, hold on one second! Please?"
A third boy appears from over the stump's edge, wearily adjusting his hat as he observes the two battlers.
"Okay, now you can start."

Skipping the awkward first round shenanigans, we find one side represented by a Totodile, Anyanka, and the other showcasing a Venipede, Quartz. Quartz starts the round by charging Toxic energies into his teeth and leaping at his foe. Anayanka, meanwhile, responds by charging a Pulsating orb of Water energy between her claws, flinging it to the floor, a wave materializing and pushing the Venipede back. Hissing, Quartz retaliates by releasing a Shock of a distinct liquid, the special Venom washing over Anyanka, who winces, but retaliates with an orb of Ancient Powers, the rocky orb barreling into the Centipede pokemon for some truly impressive damage.

Anyanka has taken good damage, and Quartz has taken a great amount more, but both appear to be okay for the moment. In terms of energy, Quartz appears to be slightly better off, but neither is noticeably doing better than the other.

Kairne, you're next.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
Slash
Poison Jam

You know what's fun, little gal? Showing that creepy crawly you mean business with an intimidating Scary Face. Show him his place. Glare hard, make his confidence erase. Gone without a trace. Then let him get a taste of your Water Pulse wave. No way he'll be brave. Under the pressure he'll cave!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Eek! Scary Totodiles! Let out a Screech of fear!

Once you're good and ready, retaliate with Toxic. BITE BITE BITE HAHAAAA

Quote:
Old 08-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 2: I... Kairne, did you just order in verse?

Following her successful performance, Anyanka shoots Quartz a particularly Scary Face. Considering that she's a croc and all, the Venipede is quite understandable terrified, to the extent that he can do little more than offer up a small 'eek' of terror. Confident in her performance, Anyanka then charges up another Pulsating sphere of Water, slamming it into the ground and generating a wave which washes over the terrified Quartz. Shaking the water off, Quartz manages to compose himself enough to charge his biting-things with Toxic energies, leaping at his foe and biting down into her, transferring the toxins straight into her blood stream. Anyanka shudders as they run through her body, extolling their effect.

Anyanka looks to be nearing the end of her first quarter, though she's doing much better than her opponent, who appears to be hovering around his midpoint. Anyanka has used a decently good load of energy, while Quartz has used quite a bit less, leading in that regard. Anyanka has been inflicted with particularly Virulent toxins.

Shuckle, you're up first.
Quote:
Old 08-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

VENOSHAWK x2. Use your position to your advantage; strike fast and strike hard.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #11
Slash
Poison Jam

Anyanka, you've done well for now. Return and get some rest.

Raz'r the Bulbasaur, come on out. Start off with a Secret Power, then tie him up with a String Shot.

Shuckle's reorder
Old 08-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #12
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Pursuit, then Steamroller.

On a related note, all physical Bug moves suck major balls and cannot be learned by most Pokemon. However, those who learn them usually don't learn any good bug moves. Ugh. Seriously Pin Missile? SERIOUSLY?

Quote:
Old 08-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #13
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 3: In which I get to ref a move I've never reffed before!

((Also, in which I am painfully reminded that this is Switch=OK))

Grinning at some plan only he knows, Kairne returns his brave Totodile to it's pokeball, a red light lancing out and surrounding his pokemon, though not before Quartz surrounds himself with dark energy, flying forth and Pursuing his target even to their sanctuary, dealing a major blow to Anyana before she is recalled. Kairne then replaces his previous combatant with a Bulbasaur by the name of Raz'r, a name I'm going to guess is derived from 'Razor'. I'm probably wrong. Regardless, the Seed pokemon flashes as an aura of pink energy explodes outwards, rushing over Quartz, who winces at Raz'r's display of his Secret Power. Quartz's response to this is to curl up around his legs and Roll into Raz'r with the force of a machine running on Steam. In retaliation, the Bulbasaur spits out a quantity of string, which drapes around his opponent and tangles between their legs.

Quartz took good damage. Raz'r took a bit less. Anaya took more. Quartz has finally broken into his second chunk of energy, and by a fairly good amount, at that. Raz'r used some fairly good energy. Shuckle.
Quote:

Last edited by Kindrindra; 08-09-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #14
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Here's the desc for Pursuit:
Quote:
Pursuit (DK) -- The user becomes covered in a dark veil, and hits the user with a quick attack, which deals light physical damage and light dark damage. No matter what, the attack will always hit, which means that the user will always be able to follow the victim, gaining speed until it hits. The only way to shake the opponent is to hit it somehow, and hard enough to make it lose the concentration holding up the dark energy. In addition, the 'bubble' of dark energy also protects it from ALL psychic attacks, but provides no protection from anything else. The user of Pursuit will be able to go anywhere it could normally go, although once it hits the opponent, the user's shield fades, so be careful in using this move in certain situations. If the target is trying to be recalled and the attack is initiated, it will hit just as the target is turned into light and is in the process of returning to the ball. The surge of dark energy disrupts the 'pattern buffer' of the PokČball's scan, and causes major damage to the victim.
I sort of intended a Pursuit to Ankaya. My apologies for not making it clear enough, but I thought that the order of the, well, orders was enough to make it clear.

Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #15
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I am a bloody idiot.

Edits to come later.
Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #16
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Edited~
Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #17
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Toxic. If that works, then Venoshock, otherwise try a Bug Bite.

Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
Slash
Poison Jam

While he wastes time trying to Poison a Poison type, give him a Razor Wind. After he's done, give him another Razor Wind.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 4: Oh. That's the plan.

Savagely grinning, Quartz lights up once more, making to inject his foe with Toxic fluids once more.

Raz'r just kinda sits there and stares at him with a look that says 'Dude, what the hell?', being far too used to his own toxins to be effected. His leaves then whirl into the air, spinning rapidly as Raz'r strongly exhales. The combination causes a gust of Wind to rush over the Venipede, who looks uncomfortable, though not pained, in the face of the wind... Until the leaves slash through the air, glowing almost-white, a series of glowing, Razor sharp arcs slicing into Quartz and knocking him off his feet. Quartz struggles to regain his footing, but flails around a bit as the String Shot from earlier tangles in his feet, allowing Raz'r to almost regard the centipede with a look of pity as he releases one more torrent of Razor-sharp Winds.

Quartz is unable to battle! Shuckle, your next pokemon, please!

Energy. Lolflying.
Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #20
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

If a poison gets into your bloodstream, it doesn't even matter if it's your own venom. The only pokemon immune to poisoning in ASB are inorganic pokemon like Magnemite and Geodude, unless something happened I'm not aware of.

Sorry to be a bit of a snark. Be aware that I can accept a "no that's not how it works you are a ridiculous shuckle" without complaint. This is one of my Science Facts ;_; let me have my useless trivia...

Either way, lolRazorWind. Bleah, should have used Toxic Spikes earlier, oh well.

Sing, you're up. Finally, I get to play with something with a movepool.

And what do I do with this movepool?

Psyshock x3. Threemover confirmed.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #21
Slash
Poison Jam

[Poison]: If not completely immune, poison types are highly resistant to poisoning.
As may be expected though, our clear winner here was Kairne, ASB's champion of prioritizing the pokemon you like over those that are objectively better. I mean, one of his mains is a Watchog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.
Leader of the "Stop Screwing Over Smeargle" Brigade

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
[URL="http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4387"]
Daisy Art:

Battlecuts courtesy of DaisyInari

Random stuffs:

Old 08-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #22
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

That seems...interesting. Oh well. It doesn't really change much, other than a potential close loss that came in lieu of a big loss, but I'll take that. ^_^;;

My chances aren't great. I need to stop liking GenV mon really quickly and go back to my GenII funtimes lol

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #23
Slash
Poison Jam

Sleep Powder. If it falls asleep, do nothing. If it stays awake, lull it further with Grasswhistle
Old 08-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #24
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
I hope I don't regret bringing anyone >_>
Hurray for past Shuckle!

Man, Scolipede is so nice and Venipede bites balls. lol!

oki'llshutupnow

Quote:
Old 08-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #25
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Round 5: I think I need to go back to bed

Selecting a 'mon with the name of a move, Shuckle releases his uplevel onto the field of combat, the Kirlia locking eyes with her opponent before dancing his arms through the air, Psychic energy gathering before bursting outwards, seeping into Raz'r's nerves and Shocking the connection between his mind and body. Raz'r growls in pain, but retaliates by scattering a special form of pollen into the air, the Powders seeping into Sing's respiration and, rather than the sneezing one might expect, he gently sinks to the floor, nodding off into Sleep. I... Guess it's a downer?

Raz'r was smashed hard, falling to the midpoint just like that. Sing has taken no damage, but is sleeping. They both used some energy. Err, actually, energy-wise, Raz'r is pretty close to the midpoint. Though he appreciated that one mover, to be sure. On the other hand, perfectly fresh, dozing, and having used a one-mover, Sing is going to be just peachy when he awakens.

Kairne, you're up.
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL