UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Olivewood Ocean

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
The Cherry on the Beach

Summer had well and truly hit, and in Olivine City, that was truer than in many of Johto’s places. Even long after the disaster that had traumatised Alice Hope, the destination that they had once spent many holidays had kept its climates. Wiry yellow, spike heeled sandals clicked along the pebble pathways, a platinum blonde ponytail swaying with every step, tied high by a crunchy, sequined black bow. The twenty year old earned plenty of stares in her second hometown, but then, she would anywhere – such was the life of an idol, upcoming or not.

It wasn’t long before she and her electric type companion came to a stop, the feline still tottering about her shadow and running about the sands of the coastline. The port was as bustling a business attraction as it was for people just out to play, and given that many children were either being schooled or kept to their neighbourhood for the sake of safety, Alice didn’t have to worry about overcrowding. Changing to barefoot and popping her shoes into her white, leather backpack, the rookie trainer shed her grey and lavender cropped top, revealing a pretty bikini top beneath it, matching well enough with the light denim hot pants adorning her lower half.

“We might end up leaving here soon, so we should enjoy the beach in case we don’t get to play for a while, yeah?” Her blue eyes glanced down adoringly to the furry black and blue Pokemon, its lithe build crackling with delight. Snagging a sunbed with a parasol, she left her belongings beneath, soon wandering into the waters. Alice gave a squeal of delight, flailing comically despite herself. The water was cold in comparison to the shore, and with every motion further in, she squealed again, amused smile revealing an overcrowded mouth of unstraightened teeth. Shinx, unsurprisingly not a fan of the water, merely lounged and guarded the inventory on the bed, tri-coloured body sprawled along it.

Yes, it was time for the idol to take an adventure of a life time, but like the procrastinator the princess was, Alice would do it at her own pace.
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #2
DaisyInari
Biding my time
 
DaisyInari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tay-haas
Posts: 2,239
Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Luxray

Under the bright Olivine sun, even Alice couldn't help but break into a small sweat as she walked along the city's coast. Summertime was a time for rest and relaxation, and the petit girl planned to do just that, even if it was only for a short while. Her fashion was befitting for an idol such as she, drawing curious looks from the more plainly dressed bystanders. Olivine's port was a bustling place, filled with an even mix of native citizens and travelers. It seemed that the majority of the crowd were busy with their own matters, which elicited a smile from Alice. Taking off her stylish top to reveal an equally stylish bikini, the trainer stuffed her belongings into her backpack and headed towards the beach. Her Shinx darted between her legs, sparks of joy leaving his body as he ran ahead.

Although most of the shoreline had been claimed by concrete and metal, there was a short stretch of untouched beach used solely for recreation. There were only a few beachgoers at the time, each minding their own business. Leaving her possessions on a nearby sunbed, Alice took no time into getting in the deep blue waters. The slightly chilling temperatures felt refreshing, although the dainty girl couldn't help but squeal and flail as it touched her body. True to his feline nature, Shinx wanted no part with the water. Letting out a yawn, he made himself comfortable on the sunbed, keeping one golden eye open to watch over her trainer's bag.

Alice was floating on her back when she heard someone shouting. She ignored it at first, closing her eyes and soaking up the rays with her pale skin. But it almost sounded like the voice was calling out to her, so the youngster flipped herself right side up, shielding her blue eyes from the intense sun to see a figure on the shore waving at her. It was a teenage boy, maybe 17 or 18 years of age with sand-colored hair and a slightly muscular body. His swinging right hand was holding some sort of flyer. The boy wasn't shouting loud enough for Alice to hear completely, except for one word- "Party".

Sounds like this could be the beginning of the adventure of a lifetime! But was Alice willing to stop her short moment playtime at the beach to go check it out? Or did she not consider this boy worth her precious relaxation time?
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Alice looked back as she floated, her eyes, magnified to an anime size by the rectangular lenses of her glasses, falling onto the shouting boy. Her glossy lips quirked upwards in perverse interest. He looked good, but she'd fallen into this trap before. He was probably, secretly, fifteen. Shinx kept his eyes trained on the stranger, just in case assistance was required, the typical possessive alpha male that he was.

When she heard the word party, the blonde immediately straightened up and turned round. Hell yeah, she could party. Denim shorts drenched and clinging to her skin, Alice waded her way back to the shore, brushing her bangs from her eyes. "Hey, sorry, I couldn't hear you. Did you say something about a party?" The idol enquired, holding out a manicured hand for one of the papers, her glittery nails sparkling under the sunlight.
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast
 
DaveTheFishGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,257
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth

Taken aback momentarily thanks to being approached by a scantily-clad, soaking-wet girl, the young man manages to get his brain functioning again. "Uhhh... yeah!" he replied, handing you one of the flyers. "If you're new to Olivine it's a great way to meet people! The Gym Leader, Oliver, hosts them down at the Gym over in the Industrial District! Just look out for the Magneton!" he explained, clearly excited to be spreading the word. "There's a map on the other side of the flyer if you don't know the City yet. The party doesn't start for a few hours, but you'd be more than welcome to go over a bit early. Anyway, gotta dash, see ya later!" And with that, he was off toward the Port, flyers in hand.

Sitting down the the sunbed, you examine the paper in greater detail. Where better to get started in a journey than at a Gym, even if it's for a party? Of course, that poses its own problem - the Industrial District is all the way across town, but with a few hours to go it couldn't hurt to set off now and find it yourself. But the sun, sea and sand are here now. Will you stay here and soak up the rays, or get a head-start on the party scene?
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Alice smiled politely, thanking the promoter before he ran off. Shinx didn't even spare him a glance, shooting his trainer a judgemental look as her gaze dropped and she watched him go. Shameless, that one.

"Well, we've got a party on our hands. I think it'd be pretty dope to go. It's at the gym as well, why not?" She asked the cat, who moved out the way so that the twenty year old didn't drip sea water all over him. "But we did just get here, and it's better to turn up an hour or so after opening time, rather than before... I wonder if there are any big names on there..." Her blue eyes skimmed over the information. Alice was fairly inept with maps, but her sense of direction was good enough and given that Olivine had been her home for a good decade now, she knew where the gym was. "Play here for a little bit more, and then go and get presentable, and then rock out. Yeah?"

Shinx mewled in agreement, stretching himself up. Even if he hadn't, she'd probably just go anyway.
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,384
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
You were intrigued by the idea of a party, and it was at the gym, even, that was a place you wanted to go to anyway. However, you preferred to show up fashionably late to the party in the Industrial District, when all the best guests arrived. Besides, you had just barely gotten to the beach, you wanted to have some fun there first! So with that in mind, your Shinx stands up, stretches his front legs, then his back legs, and accompanies you down the coastline.

A glance toward the shore afforded you the chance to see some people playing volleyball, including a man in his 20s that looked like he was chiseled to perfection. Perfect six-pack chest, decked out with muscles, and you hoped he didn't dare put on any clothes other than the swim trunks he was currently wearing. The man looks back at you and smirks for an instant before his eyes turn back to the game where he quickly approaches the net and delivers a powerful spike the other team couldn't recover, and the volleyball hits the sand with a resounding thud. Many spectators off to the other side of the game (mostly women) cheer for this guy, who appeals to the crowd with a slight wave in order to trigger some of the more enthusiastic girls in bikinis to swoon at the delightful sight. You look back towards your Shinx, and he rolls his eyes again, you were just so hopeless when it came to men! One of the other guys on his team notices you. He's not as decked out as the other hunk, but he's still got a fair build associated with him. He approaches you and asks: "Hey, you want to play? We're short a teammate, and we could use all the help we can get." He then looks at you, then at his teammate, then back at you. "Oh, you must've seen Nick, huh? He's good, but we're still down by 3 points, and the other team is two away from game point. Think you could tip the scales for us?"

Well? Do you think you can help?
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
After a little time of sitting about, lazy as the cat beside her, Alice soon made her way down the coastline, eyes roaming over every pretty sight that they found. Shinx rolled his eyes as she caught onto the volleyball players, her own expression first quirking upwards, and then down again in disgust at the many fangirls screaming for the ace. Commoners. She was tons better than them.

Taking notice of another, her stomach jittered with Butterfree as he approached. She could do volleyball well - one of the few sports she could manage. Volleyball was a typical idol sport, just like football and dodgeball, and having spent her growing days in Olivine, she had plenty of practice. Time to show these ladies that there was a better team and a new centre.

"Sure, I can play." She offered, putting her bag down by the net. Shinx's nose wriggled. Really, though? This could equate to a scandal if gossip grew, for one thing, and secondly - really? Alice was off, though, and so he settled down out of harm's way like a good guard feline. "Let's turn this ship around! Let's go~!" The idol grinned cheekily, taking her spot in the formation, bracing herself. Alice was short, a disadvantage, but her technique would hopefully make up for that.
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:17 AM   #8
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Eager to please the target of your affections and set yourself aside from the assembly of plebeians, you assume your new position on one side of the net, quickly gathering looks from all sides. The sight of a lady among a group of muscular men certainly draws you glances from both teams, as well as murmurs from the spectating females. A smirk teases up the side of your lips at the attention you're receiving, just as one of the opposing players sends the ball flying to your side. Possession is exchanged between the two teams quickly, sprightly speedo-sporting men leaping into action in less than a moment's notice, unwilling to show even the slightest suggestion of weakness. Are they trying to show off or indicating a desire to protect the newcomer? you wonder briefly, just as the ball arcs over the net - this time headed to you on a collision course!

At once you make a jump, swinging your hand to meet the incoming sphere... only to have it bounce off your fingers awkwardly and careen into the distance, out of the designated court. Giggles and squeals are heard from the women and a few of the players chuckle among themselves. "Whoops. Bit of bad luck, there." The hunk who invited you on his team shrugs, then flashes a smile at you. "Mind getting it back?"

You return the gesture with a smirk of your own, obliging those who want a show as you run across the sand, the ocean sun shining across your unblemished complexion. The pattering of small paws next to you draws your glance downward, and you see Lalo glance back at you with narrowed eyes. Soon enough, you reach the discarded ball, but Lalo runs ahead, barking at something else. Picking the ball up, you see what your Pokémon has found: the limp body of a small, thin avian creature, its striped wings splayed in the sand as the waves lap at its trembling body, a voiceless croak issuing from its black-tipped beak...
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:27 PM   #9
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Alice's cheeks flushed red, stomach knotting from the humiliation of a failed save. She supposed with these big guys around, she was at a disadvantage anyway, and they were already down. Still, she tried to play off the utter embarrassment with a melodramatic drop onto her knees, fists balled into the sand. She was glad her new friend smiled - damn, he looked good, though - and with a bright 'sure!', off she jogged to grab the ball. Show indeed.

"Hmm? Lalo?" Alice frowned as she sighted the feline, a bit torn as he tried to lead her off. She called for the team to 'hang on', tossing the ball expertly to one of her allies before carrying on. Inhaling sharply, she spotted the poor Wingull, feathers awry and shuddering body in no decent condition. "Good boy-- we gotta do something about this. We'll take it to the Pokemon Centre." Alice decided, cooing and reassuring the creature he would be alright before gathering it up. Alice got to her bare feet, heading over to the company only so that she could get her belongings.

"Lalo found this injured Wingull, so I'm gonna take it to the Pokemon Centre. Thanks for the invite to play and sorry to let you down. I might see you around?" Alice offered, swinging the bag over her shoulder. Lalo had her heels in his mouth by the straps. She'd wash her feet off, swap to some flats and be on her way.
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:55 PM   #10
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
The discovery of the injured Wingull has made your priorities clear. You politely indicate your withdrawal from the game, and the muscular jock gives another shrug, almost dismissively. "Sure, whatever," he remarks, obviously displeased at your departure. More hushed whispers are heard as you leave the beach, switching footwear to account for the concrete terrain before you make your way to the Pokémon Centre.

Eventually you make it through the streets and into the Centre, cool air washing over you as you make a beeline for the counter. The nurse on duty notes the injured bird in your arms, quickly receiving it from you as she gestures for an assisting Chansey.

"It isn't in any life-threatening danger, but it looks like it took a lot of damage in a battle," frowns the medic while she gives the Wingull a once-over. "...Part of its wrist appears to have been crushed by considerable force to prevent it from flying effectively, but the bruising doesn't look regular. It looks like this Wingull was caught in a battle with a powerful opponent."

"W-w-wiiii..."

"Shhh, it's okay," murmurs the nurse, soothing the bird as it tries to wave its other wing. You watch as it struggles to pull its body along the surface it is resting on, like it's attempt to leave but cannot find the strength to do so. "It'll take us about an hour or so to treat its injuries fully," the nurse explains as she turns to you. "Sorry to trouble you, but would you mind taking Wingull back to where you found it after we're done? It seems to be distressed by something where it might be nesting."
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:12 AM   #11
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Although she thought it shitty for the sportsmen to find more importance in their game than the hurt Pokemon, Alice kept her trap shut. There wasn't time to argue. Honestly, no wonder most Pokemon avoided people these days with that kind of attitude!

The nurse's diagnosis made Alice and Lalo visibly cringe, exchanging disturbed glances about the matter. "Yeah, no problem. We can do that." The idol promised, deciding to take a seat and wait unless something distracted her. Perhaps they could offer to check Wingull's nest out if it let them. Alice didn't want this powerful mystery harming the bird or its kin all over again.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #12
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Taking a seat in the Pokémon Centre, there's nothing you can do as you wait for the minutes to tick by. Trainers of all varieties come and go through the doors, passing you by while you idle on the couch. This wasn't how you expected to spend your day, you muse to yourself, as you watch the sunlight arc through the windows and start to take on a faintly crimson tinge. You can't help wonder briefly about the party, even as you hope Wingull is doing well. Eventually you hear the familiar sound of the Centre's bell, indicating the completion of procedure.

"I'm happy to inform you that Wingull has made a full recovery," says the nurse brightly, as the Pokémon in question glides over to you on its own wings like the injuries it suffered had never happened. The nurse glances meaningfully at you, and you ask the Wingull if it does want you to follow it. "Wi, wi!" it squawks, and in short order you find yourself chasing after the water bird as it flies down the Olivine streets. Following the Wingull proves to be a challenge, as you have to push through throngs of passers-by while trying to not lose sight of the Flying-type, and Lalo has to navigate legs that look all the same to him, attempting to avoid getting trampled.

In time you do end up back at the beach where you initially found Wingull, most of the earlier beachgoers having already moved on from their game, giving you a clear sight to where the Wingull is. It caws as it spots you, arcing through the air to get closer to your eye level and points ahead at some rocks. A series of bubbles billow out from behind them.

"Gull! Gull!" cries Wingull, and you note that it seems somewhat agitated. Moving closer, you see the apparent source of Wingull's distress: atop the largest rock stand three creatures, each with shining red carapaces, beady eyes and a pair of painful-looking pincers. The largest specimen boasts a jagged crown atop its head, and its mismatched claw would look hilarious if not for the fact that it looked capable of crushing a car based on its size. The trio of crabs seem content blowing bubbles into the sunset, but you also note the strewn branches and driftwood scattered on the sand, and put two and two together...
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:54 AM   #13
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Alice had not been intending to do this much exercise today. With how hot it was, she resented the rush, wishing Wingull had enough sense to slow down. Her blue eyes darted between the leading blur and pursuing Lalo, knowing he was faster than her but concerned all the same. She was relieved when they arrived, toe to toe, unsurprisingly at the beach.

"Well, we probably aren't partying soon." Alice sighed. At least they had eaten during their wait at the Centre. She followed the Pokemon further down, stopping a relative distance away and cringing. Massive crabs, including a Kingler. She imagined herself losing her toes and flinched. "I really wish you knew an electric move right now..." The idol murmured to her cat, who 'shiiiinx...'d in agreement, but didn't seem offended. Perhaps at first, it would be best to be democratic about things.

"Excuse me? I'm sorry to bother you..." Alice dared to approach, putting herself in their sights, even crouching down to make herself appear smaller and point a hesitant finger at the nest. "I was wondering if you would move along a bit to play? It's just that this Wingull's nest is right there, and it's getting really upset." Alice reasoned. Lalo was ready to pounce, fur bristling and sparking. That Wingull had been a horrific mess when he found it, and he refused to let his human go the same way.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:22 AM   #14
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
The numbers aren't on your side, but you decide to opt for the diplomatic approach and point out Wingull's right to residence. The bird in question perches on your head, shivering under the beady stares of the group of crabs, while Lalo stays by your side, ready to leap into action if the situation called for it. At once, the two Krabby scuttle down from their spots and start clicking their pincers at you, and your group steps back in reflexive alarm. Before the Krabby can begin to assault your toes, however, a gruff croak is heard from behind them, and all attention is promptly shifted to the Kingler.

As if in thought, the king crab scratches its jagged jaw with the smaller pincer, before stepping down off its own stone throne, its subjects parting the way for it to move forward. With an ominous crack it snips one claw towards Wingull, then to Lalo - not an attack, but a beckoning.

"Wi wi?" Flapping off your head, Wingull looks into your eye hopefully. It seems that a gauntlet has been thrown...
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:51 AM   #15
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Alice could just feel her blood sugars rising from panic as she jumped back from the Krabby. It was like facing off with a mob boss and their goons! She was perfectly capable of losing her toes on her own, thanks muchly. However, when the Kingler seemed to offer an olive branch, relief washed over her and Alice felt some hope.

"Honestly, you're probably too strong for us if a battle is what you're after..." The human confessed. Unfortunately, Lalo just didn't have it in him-- and he resented that being pointed out. "But if there's something else you want, just lead the way?"
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:57 PM   #16
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
You don't relish the prospect of fighting the Kingler or its cohorts, instead opting to offer an alternative... not that you have an idea of what it might be. This inaction does not sit well with Kingler, it seems, as it kicks up a Mud Sport at you, splattering your shoes as you try to get away. The Krabby click their pincers in satisfaction as all three Water-types scuttle back onto their rocks to spray more bubbles, while Wingull croaks at you, disappointment clear in its voice. Before you can react it flies off, over the water and out of sight. You sigh to yourself, feeling that if you had been a little stronger or assertive things might have turned out differently, but feeling something tickle your foot you reach down to find a glistening item that Wingull apparently left behind. Between a gentle grasp you study the Pretty Wing - it's certainly not much, but it's something at least. And with the hours you've occupied, at least you might make it to the party fashionably late...
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:23 AM   #17
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Alice's stomach clenched, and she couldn't help but feel really down. Not only had the Kingler struck her but the Wingull hadn't even given her a proper chance to try and help. Lalo nudged her, sensing her disappointment, which would no doubt devour her. The party would cheer her up, so before the idol could try and lock herself in to sulk, he decided to move off so that she would follow.

The gym was known for its fabulous raves and parties, so Alice thought her outfit would do either way. She made her way across town at a brisk but not unreasonable pace. Night had truly sunken in, the street lamps coming to life as the duo made their way through the city once again. Her first proper day as a trainer had come to naught, but maybe it could end on a higher note nonetheless.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:19 AM   #18
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
With the prospects of a party to attend, you feel your spirits lift as the daylight finally winds down to a close. The city lights of Olivine being to switch on, and you feel a slight skip in your step as you hurry to the gym party, fashionably late. Eventually the brightness gives way into nocturnal darkness as you move to the city outskirts, but there's no chance of getting lost. From less than a half mile away you can feel the thumping echo of subwoofers shaking the ground, and the unmistakable hum of sound systems playing eclectic music filters through the air. It almost makes the earlier instruction of following the Magneton redundant - Oliver certainly knows how to throw a party and let the whole world know about it.

You show your flyer off to the bouncers waiting at the doors, and in less time than it takes to say you and Lalo find yourselves in the gym's main hall. What might have been the gym's battle arena on a normal day has now been converted into the most happening dance floor you can remember, with a mass of bodies flailing in the middle of it all, gyrating and rocking out to industrial dubstep. Spotlights zigzag through the crowd, bouncing off the reflective accessories that the assembly of ravers have opted to sport - glowing nightsticks, luminous clothing, and some with an assortment of piercings. It's almost a wonder anyone bothered to set up food for the event, as most of the partygoers simply grab a small bite or drink before mingling in their cliques, or return to cutting up rugs in the middle. Lalo makes sure to stay close to you as you secure a plate of your own, feeling a little peckish after the day's exercise.

"Hey," you somehow hear above the rave, a light tap on the shoulder to go along with it. Turning, you meet the gaze of a slightly taller girl, her hair dyed a violent shade of purple and angled in an equally violent ponytail. While her denim jacket extends past her elbows, the cuffs have been torn, and a stud juts from underneath her cerulean lip. There's no doubting the cool, yet confident air she carries herself with.

"Haven't seen you around before," she offers. "Got a moment?"
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:35 PM   #19
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Alice was rarely one to reject food, especially if it was free, and she had to make sure that Lalo was fed as well. She definitely wanted to see if there were spare glowsticks around or face paints to borrow, but before she could voice more than that to the cat, somebody had approached. And dayumn.

Even being an idol, she did not keep her sexuality under wraps, and this girl was hot. She was absolutely fierce, and had approached first, nice! Despite feeling a little bit intimidated, Lalo knew his trainer wasn't gonna let that ruin a potential pull-- if that's what this was. "Oh, yeah, this is my first time here." The rookie trainer replied, "And I do-- what's up?"
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:08 AM   #20
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
"Awesome," smirks the other girl. Let's not talk here, though; somewhere we can talk without disco ringing in our ears."

You meep a little as the girl places a palm on your shoulder and pushes you through the throngs of ravers, Lalo urgently following you as he once again tries to navigate the rainforest of jumping, thumping lower limbs while avoiding getting turned into a pancake. The passage goes by without too much incident, and you find yourself escorted to one of the quieter (which, admittedly, isn't saying a lot) corners of the gym - one of the training rooms having been converted into a lounge. As it turns out, your new acquaintance isn't the only one; a trio of other Trainers have already assembled there, just as rough and tough as she is. Next to them are a few more partygoers, looking a little out of place compared to the deliquents.

"I'm guessing the Wheeler couldn't make it, Lenny?" she asks one of the others.

"You know he's still occupied, Veronica," grunts a burly biker, the spikes on his shoulder pads glistening as he shrugs. "Extenuating circumstances."

"Fair point," Veronica concedes, before turning to you. "Anyhow. I'm Veronica, these here are Lenny, Simon and Nicolai," she introduces. "Our leader's got something planned for tonight's shindig, and he's getting it ready. Problem is, it's a pretty big something, more than the few of us can handle on our own. So he called us up to help him out with the escort and bring along a few other helpers. It's going to make this party a real blast and he'll make sure it's worth your time, too. You in?"
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:07 AM   #21
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Alice's eyes flitted through the shadows, trying to keep an eye out for poor Lalo, worrying he might lose her in all of the mayhem. After all, the strong scents of sweat and alcohol might overpower any perfume or lotion he'd normally sleuth her out from, but it turned out the cat made it into the room without incident.

"I'm Alice. And this is Lalo." The idol replied bashfully. Damn, this group looked rough as hell. She felt incredibly out of her element, but if they were with Oliver, Alice felt there was little to actually worry about. Besides, if she got something out of this, it'd be perfect. "Sure, I'm down. What do you need us to do?"
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #22
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
"We just need a little extra muscle willing to go a little distance," explains Veronica. "See, what we're shifting is a little... sensitive. Very important entertainment equipment. We just need enough people to make sure things go along smoothly, but not too many to risk spoiling the whole surprise." As if noting your discomfort the older girl grins at you, although it's hard to tell if she's being intimidating or that's just the way she shows concern. "Eh, don't worry your pretty little head. I wouldn't've asked if I didn't think you could handle it. Nicolai, you think this is enough?"

"Just about," nods a rocker, his blonde hair flowing past his shoulders. You watch him notice your presence and give you a confident smile. It's hard not to bite your lip; something about his gaze just emanates charisma, although it might be the sweat and alcohol. You're honestly not sure which. "I think Ferris will be adequately pleased if we moved out."

"Sure, can't keep his surprise waiting." You feel Veronica's hand on your shoulder and a firm push in the direction she intends for you. "C'mon, scrubs."

Somehow you find yourself nudged out of the throngs of partygoers, out into the Olivine night. You're not sure if it's because of how the group of roughnecks carries themselves, but you start to wonder what the implications are of an idol associating with such a ragtag bunch. You glance to the side, trying to see if you can catch a response from the other Trainers, but Nicolai and Lenny have them in dutiful pairs, and you don't have much opportunity to strike conversation. Eventually you recognise the crates and shipping containers of Olivine Port, where a lanky man in a business suit is already waiting.

"This is Ferris," Veronica introduces, confirming that you're not dealing with Oliver.

"Good numbers, team," Ferris notes. "I trust that they've been adequately briefed?"

"They know what to do," growls Lenny.

"And Oliver?"

"Still handling minor party details," bows Nicolai.

"Then we'd better get a move on, don't we? Now I should make it clear, in case anyone has second guesses - I don't work with unwilling people. If at any point you choose to pull out, I will respect your decision - as will you respect mine to not compensate you. It might seem troublesome, but it bears repeating how sensitive this shipment is, so make sure you're in complete control." You feel Lenny grasp your wrist as he shows you to a wheeled container, standing a head or two above you, and he assumes the pushing position next to you. A small, gruff smile from him suggests that he's not going to hurt you. Lalo rubs his cheek against your ankle, and you feel a small jolt tickle your skin.

"If we're ready to move out, we should do so as soon as possible."
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:32 PM   #23
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Reassured by the girl's words, Alice decided that there was no need to back out. Besides, a hand was already steering her away, and the idol was convinced that at some point she might graduate from scrub to filthy casual. Oh, she could dream. Alice had to resist biting glossy lips, blue eyes drawn to every leader in turn, taken in by their charisma and their style, and their obvious strength.

The partnering up was good, too. Her legs were a lot stronger than her arms, as her figure might suggest, and Alice willingly put some strength into moving the equipment when her teammate was ready. "I don't have anything to wait for. I'm ready to go when all of you are, and I'm not planning on backing out, either." Besides, if her condition took a funny turn, Lalo would pick up on it and help Alice fix it if need be. No shakes or fainting spells would endanger this shift.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:06 AM   #24
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
You regard the imposing company that you've found yourself in with some degree of awed respect - these guys carry themselves with certain flair, if nothing else, and you have to give them credit for that. Lenny grunts something to his compatriots, which everyone takes as a signal to push forward, and you exert as much strength as you can onto the cold metal surface. Through the palms of your hands you feel a muffled series of clatters, like plastic or metal objects falling on top of each other, and a quiet buzzing noise meets your ears before fading. Is that natural? You can't help but raise an eyebrow at this, and as though spotting your confusion, Lenny's grin simply widens as he gives another heave, practically pushing the container away from your hands with his sheer muscular power. Not one to be outdone, you at least make sure that you've got your hands on the surface as you break into a brisk walk.

Despite not being able to see what's past you, your path is guided along by Lenny's bulk, and you make your way back up the streetlit Olivine passages, the trundling of groaning castors in your ears. The only thing you can think of is hefting the cargo over to the party, and after some unknown number of minutes have passed, you hear Ferris' clear voice call out. Lenny stops pushing, and you accidentally smoosh your face on the cold surface from the inertia. A tingle tickles your cheek, and a low chuckle from Lenny brings your attention back. "Get the surprise around the back. I'll regroup after you guys set off the signal," Ferris instructs, and before you can catch a glimpse of him he's already gone.

"You heard the boss man! Hoof it!" Under Veronica's command, you're on the move again, and five minutes later you make another stop. You briefly recognise the seedier, grungier outskirts of the industrial area near the gym, accumulated after years of dumping while the city and industry were being rebuilt. "Okay, girl. This is where you come in."

Feeling Veronica nudge you, you follow your gaze to where her finger has directed. Under slightly failing lighting, you see the back of the gym some distance away, with a pair of young men standing about. You squint a little, recognising one of them by his crop of sand-coloured hair. "See those guys? They're not a part of the surprise, see, and Ferris doesn't want anyone else involved until... well, you know. Do us a favour and get their attention while we get to work? Just need to hold them for about ten minutes or so, I'll come get you later."
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #25
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Lenny's grin made Alice grin, too, but it wasn't an expression of teasing mischief. Hers was slightly bashful and smitten, and so she did her best to avoid looking at her partner, to try and suppress the embarrassing expression and hide any redness in her face. She was worried that he was doing most of the work, too, and so Alice tried to put extra work into it. It was near impossible, though. Alice might as well have been there to look prett--

Oh wait, maybe she was. Well, shit.

Blue gaze shifting, Alice spied the two ahead. Her stomach lurches a little. One of them was the poster guy who had invited her to begin with. Alice supposed that would help to give her a way in, but she could only hope her idol charms could hook them both for the time they needed. It would be awful if she failed this in front of everyone.

"Alright. I'm on it." Alice said. Beckoning her Shinx, Lalo followed as his trainer jogged on over, waving a hand when at close proximity, "Hi, guys! I saw you two earlier at the beach, right? Sorry, I hope I'm not interrupting." The young woman rambled, her voice sweet. Even her mannerisms and posture suddenly seemed cuter, as if she were playing up to fans at an event or a camera on a show. "Why are you both hanging out here? That rave's only five minutes away, you know!"
__________________

Last edited by Meetan; 01-09-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Olivewood Ocean


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.