UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 06-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Squirtleking
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to Squirtleking
UPN PASBL: zerozoner vs Haymez

The lawn arena is busy today, this matchup seeing zerozoner take on Haymez. Which trainer will emerge triumphant in this climactic struggle?

Quote:
4v4 Singles
Equilevel
Slapstick
Switch=KO
Arena Lawn
and our round order:

zerozoner posts squad of 6
haymez posts squad of 6 and sends out
zerozoner sends out and attacks
haymez attacks
I ref
haymez attacks
zerozoner attacks etc

For the record, I'll be using a 2x/3x damage scale unless there are objections. Good luck to both!
Squirtleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Sweet! Thanks for taking this match so quickly Squirtleking and looking forward to the rematch Haymez. The damage scale looks okay to me.

Abyss: Gyarados Level 3 male
Type Change: Pure Water
Abyss no longer has his secondary typing of flying. Since he bathed in the light that was the source of all water he is susceptible to attraction moves used by all water types of the opposite gender, this is only a one way attraction as he is still limited to attracting Pokemon from his same egg group. The type change also affect other moves in his move pool along with the wind based move Abyss has forgotten Fire Blast, Giga Impact, Double Team, and Double-Edge.

Rose: Dragonair level 3 Female
Special Training: Hand off
Being my starter Pokemon Rose has grown accustom to switching out at the last minute to one of her weaker comrades in order to help train them, however since ASB battles are unlike wild encounters she is now not able to switch out like she's use to doing. In order to fix this problem she learned how to use Baton Pass, but to accomplish this she had to forget the moves Blizzard, Thunder, and Fire Blast.

Roy: Nidoking level 4 (Uplevel)
Special Training:Jack of all trades
Shanks can now use Mimic twice to copy two separate moves.

E-102 Gamma: Metang level 3 Neutral
Special Attack: Ion Cannon
Beta charges steel energy in the same manner as a Flash Cannon before firing a shinning golden beam of Steel energy that deals Major damage. This attack has a 30% chance to cause confusion due to the bright flashes of light.

Surprise: Rotom level 1 Female
Special Training: Green Thumb
Surprise has learned Energy Ball.

Snacker: Munchlax level 3 Male
Special Training: Slacking Off
Nothing beats a nice nap after stuffing your face full of food so Snacker has learned how to do Slack Off.

Gaming Pic
Spoiler: show

PASBL
Wild Future
zerozoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Absol

All right. Let's have a good match. Thanks for picking this up SK.

Steelix: male level 3
Steelix (Steel/Ground): Steelix are large Pokémon, and are able to burrow through hard materials with their Dig attack easily (such as concrete). They are also more resistant to extreme pressures. Steelix can see in the dark.
Steel types, like rock types, have hard bodies, making them resistant to unskilled physical blows, and sink in water. While not bothered by water to the degree rock types are, they still would rather fight out of the water. Unlike rock types, most steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones.
Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
Bio and Sig in progress

Muphrid: male Absol level 3
Absol (Dark): Due to their ability to predict disasters, Absol have a faster reaction time to large-scale attacks (Earthquake, Blast Burn, Explosion, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Sandstorm, exceptionally powerful sig moves, destruction of arena, etc, etc). This does not guarantee escape, it merely increases the odds of dodging.
Dark types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
Bio: Muphrid has always been a solitary Pokemon, though that likely comes from being an Absol. He doesn't feel very comfortable in a group and often seeks out solitude while others around him are enjoying each other's company. He enjoys exploring at night, often taking long excursions through the darkness. His primarily solo approach to life has led him to not really trust others to do everything in battle. He prefers to do it himself without being forced to rely on aid from others.
Sig: "I work alone" (special training)
Muphrid can use the moves Hypnosis and Confuse Ray.

Druddigon: male level 3
Druddigon: (Dragon) Druddigon is very cold-blooded. In the sun and warmer temperatures, it will fight with great enthusiasm, but in cold temperatures or if chilled, it will quickly grow sluggish. Its skin is very tough and scaly and its body is covered in spikes; both of these factors will cause minor recoil to physical attacks.
Dragons tend to be good swimmers and fliers. However, they hate cold weather.
Bio and Sig in progress

Jack: male Feraligatr level 3
Feraligatr (Water): While not the most agile of the Totodile line, Feraligatr is the fastest on land and in water. It will travel on all fours for extended distances. As an alligator Pokémon, the Totodile family has the strongest bite attack of any Pokémon relative to their size. However, their jaw muscles are meant for clamping down, not opening up: most Pokémon can easily keep them shut with their own hands. In wet arenas, the airholes on their snouts allow them to stay almost completely submerged while being able to see above the surface.
Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath and/or breathe under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Bio: Jack is a rather feral alligator, often giving in to his instincts. Needless to say, in areas where smaller pokemon often visited Jack often *ahem* wasn't able to control himself. We'll leave it at that. In any case, he is a natural hunter, and knows how to catch his prey. Since joining my team I've kept him in check for the most part. At least there haven't been any unexplained disappearances when he is around. There is one thing I couldn't get him to stop doing, and so I worked to make it useful in battle.
Sig: The Ripper (XX)
Jack lunges forward extremely quickly, biting down on the opponent's head or torso before flipping over onto his back, throwing the opponent over his head to be slammed down brutally behind Jack, at which point he lets go. This attack can only be used when the opponent is pretty close to Jack, within 5 feet. This does damage based on the weight of the user. Pokemon weighing less than three quarters of Jack's weight will take heavy damage. Those between three quarters and 1.5 times Jacks weight will take considerable damage. This attack will have no affect on foes greater than 1.5 times Jack's weight. This attack uses significant energy and will likely leave the opponent disoriented due to the quickness and ferocity of the attack. This can be used no more than twice per opponent, and not in subsequent rounds.

Ankaa: male Xatu level 3
Xatu (Psychic/Flying): Xatu is not the best of fliers. What it does have over them, however, is two things: It can see a few seconds into the future, allowing it to avoid attacks more easily. Xatu can hold very still, making it harder to spot if it is hiding.
Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation. When standing on the ground, they take 1x damage from Electric moves.
Bio: Xatu are interesting creatures. Their ability to see the past and future makes them very curious, so it was no wonder I had to capture one myself. Ankaa was a great help right from the start, helping me out in numerous ways, however, seeing the future isn't all fun and games. It weighed heavily on Ankaa when he would see something terrible happening in the future, but not be able to do anything about it. He would often seek out those that he saw in the future and talk with them. Looking into their minds with his psychic abilities showed him their plans, and the rest of their thoughts. He would try to manipulate their thoughts to prevent the future he saw, but with little success. He has become more solitary than he used to be, evading others when possible to avoid seeing their future.
Sig: Mind games
Ankaa has learned the moves Hypnosis and Nasty Plot.

Ras Algethi: Male Rampardos level 3
Rampardos (Rock): Rampardos's extremely hard and somewhat pointed skull gives it a 25% boost in head-based attacks. However, its skull is very vulnerable, and attacks targeting this area do more damage.
Rock types generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to unskilled (non-fighting) blows. However, most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. Rock types prefer heat to cold.
Bio: I found Ras smashing his head against a solid rock wall. Apparently he was very upset about something, I didn't find out what until later. The wall was about to crumble from the repetitive smashes, so I called out and he turned to face me. There was fire in his eyes, and on his head too as he rushed me. I narrowly escaped being headbutted, but a tree behind me didn't fare as well. It burst into flames on impact. Ras let out a cry when he saw what had happened and proceeded to bash his head against the wall again. I quickly extinguished the flames and turned once more to the dinosaur. I called out a challenge and after a tough battle caught him. I found that he had learned to do some interesting things with his head, and worked with him to perfect them.
Sig: Head of the Kneeling one (Special Training)
Ras Algethi has the ability to use the three elemental punches by using his head. These will be triggered by the orders of "fire headbutt, thunder headbutt, and ice headbutt" respectively. He is unable to use the normal forms of these moves and can only use each move twice per match. He can no longer use Fire blast, Thunder, or Blizzard.

Muphrid, let's go.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Going to regret giving orders while tired later, but that's future me's problems.

"Snacker you're up lead with a Focused Hyper Voice then a Secret Power."

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 06-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Trap him in a rock tomb, then use future sight.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
Squirtleking
Rainbow Badge

Round 1: Planning Ahead

Oh yeah, I'm reffing this...

So our two trainers send out their pokemon, Snacker the Munchlax and Muphrid the Absol (I'll try and look after him better this time):

Quote:
Snacker: Munchlax level 3 Male
Special Training: Slacking Off
Nothing beats a nice nap after stuffing your face full of food so Snacker has learned how to do Slack Off.

Munchlax (Normal): Being quite hungry, it can eat anything. Munchlax will recover a slight amount of energy for things eaten, though toxic substances can poison Munchlax or cause damage.
Quote:
Muphrid: male Absol level 3
Absol (Dark): Due to their ability to predict disasters, Absol have a faster reaction time to large-scale attacks (Earthquake, Blast Burn, Explosion, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Sandstorm, exceptionally powerful sig moves, destruction of arena, etc, etc). This does not guarantee escape, it merely increases the odds of dodging.
Dark types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
Bio: Muphrid has always been a solitary Pokemon, though that likely comes from being an Absol. He doesn't feel very comfortable in a group and often seeks out solitude while others around him are enjoying each other's company. He enjoys exploring at night, often taking long excursions through the darkness. His primarily solo approach to life has led him to not really trust others to do everything in battle. He prefers to do it himself without being forced to rely on aid from others.
Sig: "I work alone" (special training)
Muphrid can use the moves Hypnosis and Confuse Ray.
Snacker starts us off by tilting his head back and letting loose a sonic assault in the form of a Hyper Voice, the focused sound waves striking Muphrid for some strong damage early on. Deciding to try and slow Snacker down, the Absol responds by summoning a Rock Tomb from the depths, the huge boulders surrounding Snacker and preventing him from moving.

Trapped in the rocks and unable to move, Snacker decides not to bother using Secret Power since he can't see Muphrid anyway. Satisfied that his opponent is restrained for now, Muphrid sends a portion of his strength into the Future to attack with later...

Summary

zerozoner

Snacker took no damage and used considerable energy. He is now trapped in rock tomb.

Haymez

Muphrid took considerable damage and used reasonably high energy, but still fresh for now. Standing 15-20 feet from the rock tomb.

Haymez to order
Old 06-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Move a little closer and bury him with rock slide. Set up a swords dance afterward.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Protect against the rock slide then return the the favor with a Rock Slide of your own.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 06-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
Squirtleking
Rainbow Badge

Round 2: Do the Slide

With his opponent trapped inside a giant rock formation, Muphrid decides that the best way to take advantage of this is to bury him in it, summoning the power of a Rock Slide to collapse the rock tomb over the imprisoned Snacker. Unfortunately for Muphrid, Snacker has no desire to be buried alive and so Protects himself, the collapsing rocks bouncing off the green protective dome as they fall towards him and effectively freeing him from his rocky prison.

Muphrid begins to Dance around, preparing himself for later by boosting his attack power considerably; that will come in handy later. Sadly for him, this gives Snacker ample opportunity to pick up one of the Rocks on the ground and launch it at Muphrid, the attack striking for some nice damage. Muphrid may have taken damage, but with a big attack boost and the air beginning to crackle as something moves through time and space, this match has a long way to go...

Summary

zerozoner

Snacker has yet to take damage, but used rather high energy this round. Still fresh enough going into next round.

Haymez

Muphrid took another strong hit and has fallen to the 3/4 mark health wise. Energy use was nice and he will be fine going into next round. SD boost and future sight available next round.

zerozoner
Old 06-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #10
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

"Well Snacker this next round isn't looking to pretty. I was hoping to interrupt that dance with the rocks before it could be completed, but failed. So let's go with a Curse to give ourselves a boost. After that sing a Round."

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 06-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #11
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Let's remove his boost and stop his attack with a confuse ray. Follow up with superpower.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #12
Squirtleking
Rainbow Badge

Round 3: Back From the Future

Trying to reach Muphrid's new level of attack power, Snacker Curses his weaker stats, intending to give up some of his speed in return for greater strength and toughness. Having none of it, Muphrid counters this with a Confuse Ray, the shiny blast of light smacking Snacker between the eyes and sending him off on a Tim Burton-esque drug trip of epic proportions.

With Snacker out of it, Muphrid advances unhindered, intending to show off his Superpower. The mighty blow lands and smashes Snacker to the arena floor, though the massive typespam does break his confusion. Shaking his head, he sits up and releases a Round of noise, which makes Muphrid wince but nothing too harmful.

Suddenly, the breeze picks up, and a sphere of psychic energy appears over Muphrid's head, swooping down and slamming into the Munchlax for some added damage as our round ends...

Summary

zerozoner

Snacker was hit by a train this round and has fallen below half by a little healthwise. Energy use was fine and he'll be fresh enough going into next round.

Haymez

Muphrid took good damage and used very high energy, fighting is pretty much done and he will be much slower next round.

Haymez
Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #13
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Let's have some hypnosis action. Twice if the first fails.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #14
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Considering the future sight you just took I don't think absol has enough left in him for two hypnosis attacks, but better safe than sorry. So close your eyes against the first one. Then while your eyes are still closed trigger an Earthquake.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 06-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #15
Squirtleking
Rainbow Badge

Round 4: Hyp-no?

Muphrid stares right at Snacker, trying to Hypnotise the Munchlax into falling asleep; unfortunately, Snacker has already closed his eyes, rendering the attack useless.

Keeping his eyes tightly shut, Snacker decides to retaliate whilst his opponent is waiting for an opening. Jumping up, he lands with the force of an Earthquake, the ground shaking violently and throwing Muphrid from his feet. Crashing to the ground heavily, he stands to see Snacker still keeping his eyes shut to block any attempt at hypnosis...

Summary

Zerozoner

Snacker took no damage and used considerable energy, heading towards half. His eyes are still shut.

Haymez

Muphrid took a solid hit this round and has fallen to about half. Energy was fine, but he has less than Snacker and doesn't really have enough Psychic left for another Hypnosis.

Zero
Old 07-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #16
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Whoa, really sorry taking forever to get my orders out.

Snacker go for a Screech then Body Slam that sucker.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Wait him out, then use his momentum against him with foul play when he comes in for the body slam. Finish with flamethrower.

Last edited by Haymez; 07-15-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Haymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #18
Squirtleking
Rainbow Badge

Round 5: Foul Play Afoot

Snacker starts us off with a deafening Screech, causing Muphrid to wince a little but failing to disrupt his moves for the round. With a cry, Snacker charges in, planning to strike Muphrid down with a Body Slam, but the Absol decides to bring Foul Play into things, bracing himself for the impact. As Snacker hits, Muphrid uses his momentum to throw the Munchlax over his shoulder, sending Snacker crashing to the ground.

With Snacker down, Muphrid keeps up the pressure with a blast of Flamethrower, giving the fallen Munchlax a good roasting. As the round ends, Snacker seems in trouble, but Muphrid is breathing pretty heavily...

Summary

Zerozoner

Snacker is below 1/4 health by a good way, energy dipped again but he has more left than Muphrid.

Haymez

Muphrid has around 1/3 health left and is into his final 1/3 of energy, fire is over half gone.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Dark Pulse, then just try to dodge stuff.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #20
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Get in there and lay a Superpower on that sucker, then Body Slam it again.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 08-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #21
Squirtleking
Rainbow Badge

Round 6: Just Shy

Snacker advances towards his foe, preparing to deliver some major pain. Muphrid tries to finish him with Dark Pulse, the blast hitting and very nearly KOing Snacker, but the Munchlax carries on just barely, delivering a Superpowered punch to Muphrid which sends the Absol flying in a major display of overkill typespam. Rolling to a halt, Muphrid is down, but Snacker is barely hanging on...

Muphrid is unable to battle! Next pokemon+orders from Haymez!

A light breeze will finish Snacker, he is exhausted and will be slow to react.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #22
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Good work Muphrid. Have a rest

Ras Algethi (Rampardos) it's party time.

Stealth Rock should do the trick.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #23
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Good job winning that one Snacker, though I doubt in your current state you'll be able to do anything against this new guy. But hey let's see if we can't get a Water Pulse off.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 08-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #24
Squirtleking
Rainbow Badge

Round 7: Stealthy

Next up for Haymez is Ras the Rampardos, who wastes no time in summoning a Stealth Rock. The rocks smack into Snacker and KO him pretty much instantly.

Snacker is unable to battle! Next pokemon + orders from Zero!

Ras is down a Stealth Rock
Old 08-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #25
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Since I won't be able to use him until the next trainer level due to the new system guess I should use this opportunity to try out Roy my Nidoking. Lead off with an Earthquake then knock the sense out of him with a Supersonic.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL