Grovyle UPN PASBL: Shuckle vs. Lightpanda

2v2
Hidden
Doubles
Equilevel 1
72 hr DQ
Slappy
clay arena

Well this looks fun. So to start I'll need a PM from both of you with your two battlers and first round orders.

RRRREEEEEEEAAAAADDDDDDYYYYYY, GO!

And not a copy/paste was given that day.

Last edited by Haymez; 02-04-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Haymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Grovyle Round 1: Now I remember why I hate reffing doubles

Welcome to the clay arena, possibly the most generic arena possible. Facing off today we have Shuckle, surprisingly not fighting with his namesake (spoilers) and lightpanda, a very new trainer in one of his first matches if I'm not mistaken.

Let's get a look at those PMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle
Gonna have fun with this thang.

Tox the Venonat (female)
Piedmont the Drowzee (male)

Piedmont, start out with a Hypnosis. If you can somehow hypnotize both at once (GROUP HYPNOSIS EVERYONE), Future Sight whoever would be most affected by the move (weak to Psychic, not Chansey, etc.). If you can only do one at a time, go ahead and put the other one to sleepy byes as well.

Tox, wait until they've both been hypnotized (whether it was successful or not). Then, if either one is awake, Sleep Powder, repeat if necessary. If not, Toxic one/them both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightpanda
Kage: Level 1 Male Swinub
Kage got his name because of the way I found him, I was exploring a volcano when the room filled with smoke and I saw a huge shadow in the light from the magma, and low to behold Kage was the one creating the smoke! later I found out that his herd had banished him for his love of fire, they threw him into a the same volcano that I found him in.
Special Training: Sootcoat (UNKNOWN)
Due to his time in the volcano Kage has soot all over his body changing his colour to black, also it gives him slight resistance to fire and electric attacks are effective agents him, but if a water attack equal to surf hits him twice he loses this resistance. Finally he can use smoke screen 3 times a match.

Level 1 Male Riolu (was level 2)
No Signature Move

OK, go Kage (Swinub) and Riolu
first Kage use smokescreen then agility to dodge/jump any thing that comes at you, Riolu if needed use agility to dodge any thing that comes if you don't need to dodge use it go get behind the opponent that you will deal the most damage against affective to hit and use force palm, if you dodge a move with agility go in with force palm anyway.
Now SCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Species Characteristics
Swinub (Ice/Ground): Swinub are more resistant to cold then usual, and have an excellent sense of smell.
Ice Pokémon are highly resistant to cold, and love fighting in it. However, they hate hot temperatures, and will not fight as well.
Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).

Riolu (Fighting): Riolu has an underdeveloped ability to sense aura. This gives it a vague idea of the opponent's whereabouts, making it more likely to hit a foe when unable to see it.
Fighting Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them slightly greater endurance and energy.

Venonat (Bug/Poison): Venonat have a sort of radar vision, which allows them to see almost completely around themselves. Venonat are considered to be familiar with psychic abilities, and can use Psychic to lift Pokémon. Venonat can see in the dark.
Bugs can, in most case, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike cold.
If not completely immune, poison types are highly resistant to poisoning.

Drowzee (Psychic): Drowzee and Hypno are both Pokémon that focus on sleep-related attacks. Their Hypnosis, Dream Eater, and Nightmare attacks are more powerful than normal.
Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
A quick note to Lightpanda, when ordering you should try and word it as specifically as possible to avoid confusion. I'll do my best, but I might misinterpret what you are trying to say.

Now, let's get on with it. The four pokemon appear simultaneously on the field and get right to work. Swinub quickly coughs up a bunch of smoke, the cloud spreading out slowly to form a screen enshrouding him. Drowzee sees this, and thus directs his first hypnosis towards Riolu, who is watching his opponents a little too carefully, unwittingly making eye contact with the psychic type and quickly dropping off to sleep. Swinub, meanwhile, is attempting to be vigilant and try to dodge attacks, but his own smokescreen is cutting his vision, which does shield him from the full force of the next hypnosis attack, leaving him drowsy but still on his feet. Venonat now gets in on the action, releasing a cloud of powder designed to induce sleep. The powders mix in with the expanding cloud of smoke, but manage to drop the already tired swinub into dream land. Venonat follows up with a glob of toxic goo aimed at the more visible of the two targets, the poison seeping into Riolu's skin.

No damage was exchanged this round. Drowzee used the most energy, followed closely by Venonat. They are both feeling fine however.

Riolu and Swinub are currently sleeping, toxic will start affecting Riolu next round provided I remember.

The smokescreen completely hides Swinub, and is currently spreading outward, likely filling the area by the end of next round.

Shuckle to order.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Drowzee, go search out Swinub and Focus Punch him. If that's not two moves, Ice Punch.
Tox, use Venoshock and then Psychic Wave on Riolu.

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Lightpanda
Boulder Badge

Tox should have no idea whare riolu is and riou should wake up because of the time that they both spend serching and if he dosant, the huge amount of energy coming off drowzee in aura sholud wake him up. Once riolu is awake use iron tail on drowzee to stop his focus then shadow claw, if kAge wakes up use he should use blizzard on drowzee but only if I won't hit riolu
Lightpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Grovyle Round 2: Wat

With both their foes sleeping, Venonat and Drowzee search out their foes in the spreading smoke. Fortunately for them, their psychic abilities and radar vision in Venonat's case allow them to do so fairly quickly. Drowzee winds up and delivers a massive focus punch to the sleeping Swinub, waking him up in the process. Meanwhile, Venonat strikes out at a distance with a venoshock, the poison reacting with that now flowing through Riolu's veins shocking him into wakefulness. Swinub retaliates to the massive hit he has just received with a blizzard blown straight at the nearby Drowzee. He takes the hit, but the wind begins to clear out the smoke in the area. Riolu tries to sense where Drowzee is, but it takes him a while as he is unable to really tune in to the aura. He begins running toward the psychic type, but is stopped by a wave of psychic force from Venonat, sending him tumbling away.

Venonat took no damage, used a fair amount of energy.

Drowzee took a major hit. Didn't use too much energy, though fighting is shot.

Swinub took a rapetastic amount of damage, losing half his health in one hit.

Riolu took a lot of damage as well, sitting just above the halfway mark after poison.

Lightpanda.

Last edited by Haymez; 02-10-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

I perhaps am considering changing my Drowzee's signature from asstastic Psychic/Dark to something else.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
Lightpanda
Boulder Badge

KAge was not poised
And shdent it take muck less time for riolu to wake up and find drowzee then to charge a hyper beam like attack and I quote "Focus Punch (FT) -- The ultimate fighting attack, the user spends significant time and energy charging up the attack" so even with riolu being hit he should have found drowzee. Sorry for complaining but it seemed wrong, and finally aren't dark type changes illegal?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #8
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightpanda View Post
KAge was not poised
And shdent it take muck less time for riolu to wake up and find drowzee then to charge a hyper beam like attack and I quote "Focus Punch (FT) -- The ultimate fighting attack, the user spends significant time and energy charging up the attack" so even with riolu being hit he should have found drowzee. Sorry for complaining but it seemed wrong, and finally aren't dark type changes illegal?
1. Fixed poison

2. Riolu was asleep for starters, and was at Venonat's mercy for when he wakes up. After which he was pushed further away by psychic. Focus punch doesn't take that long to charge, ten seconds at the most.

3. I don't see how this is relevant to the current match. Drowzee was posted without a sig. As for the legality of it, you should ask an LO or post in S&I.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
Lightpanda
Boulder Badge

Kage use a close range blizzard then earthquake after riolu with his high speed has tried to (and hopefully has) knock Tox out of the air with a Circle Throw (at the ground) then riolu use agility if any attack comes that can make your condition worse (i.e. not splash)
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
Lightpanda
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightpanda View Post
Kage use a close range blizzard then earthquake after riolu with his high speed has tried to (and hopefully has) knock Tox out of the air with a Circle Throw (at the ground) then riolu use agility if any attack comes that can make your condition worse (i.e. not splash)
did not seem to show up
Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #11
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Drowzee, Mimic the Blizzard and reciprocate with Fire Punch.
Tox, punish Riolu for its Circle Throw with a Signal Beam to the face, if you have enough time to do so. In any case, go ahead and Toxic the Swinub just for funtimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riolu is a TL2 acquisition, just so you know. You really shouldn't be using one.

Dark type changes are illegal primarily so you don't get stuff like a Gyarados who is no longer 4x weak to electric, no longer weak to rock, and who gains an immunity to Psychic attacks. Not that type changes are easy to get passed. The primary thing going for that sig is it is asstastic and thus there is no unfair advantage to Drowzee becoming Psychic/Dark - like that FFFFFFFFF unown sig.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
Lightpanda
Boulder Badge

Riolu is one of my 2 up levels
Old 02-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #13
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Grovyle Round 3: This is quite the fustercluck

Yeah, dark changes are primarily shot down because of the immunity to psychic.

Riolu begins running towards Venonat with the intention of giving him a good smack down, however the bug has other plans. Before the fighter can reach his target his is blasted by a signal beam, the light catching him right in the face. He continues onward though, and performs his circle throw on the Venonat, who really doesn't mind due to a certain little 4x Resistance.

Meanwhile another battle is taking place. Swinub fires off another blizzard, completely clearing the area of smoke and making Drowzee feel rather cold. He embraces the cold feeling though, and mimics the attack, storing away the ability for later use. The ice pig looks over to the other fight happening on the field, and that distraction proves disastrous, allowing Drowzee to strike with a fire punch, dropping Swinub's health even more. Recovering and having seen Venonat be successfully circle thrown, the ground type sets off a mighty earthquake, striking all but himself in the process for a nice hit. Venonat finishes off the round with a glob of toxic hurled into Swinub's fur.

Venonat took a high hit overall, his first damage. Feeling slightly tired.

Drowzee took a bigger hit, dropping to a mild way below half. Also a bit tired.

Riolu took his fair share of damage, sitting just within the final quarter. Feeling fine.

Swinub took a beating, just above the final quarter. Probably the worst off tiredness wise. Toxic will begin affecting him next round.

Shuckle

Last edited by Haymez; 02-15-2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 02-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #14
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Alright, let's finish this.

Drowzee, Blizzard that Swinub. You've done well, try to relax a bit.
Venonat, Venoshock on Riolu. Again. AND AGAIN. Three-mover confirmed.

If Riolu faints, you may continue the beatdown on Swinub instead, assuming he's still standing.

Quote:
Old 02-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
Lightpanda
Boulder Badge

Kage use fissure then blizzard riolu use counter then focus blast finally a DC Earthquake will be in order, good job shuckle you are a masterful trainer
Old 02-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #16
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Grovyle Round 4: Read move descriptions

Riolu has the energy advantage over Venonat, but fails to capitalize on it, simply waiting to counter an attack. Venonat attacks, but with a venoshock, which shouldn't really be counterable, so the attack fails. Riolu is disappointed with this outcome, and begins focusing energy between his hands, preparing to blast his foe with it, but Venonat has other ideas, striking with a second venoshock and dropping Riolu on the spot.

In the meantime Swinub struggles to catch his breath only to get hit with a taste of his own medicine, a blizzard from Drowzee. Finally gathering himself, he slams the ground with all his strength, attempting to create a fissure. However, given the toughness of the ground and his small size, the attack only manages a fairly small crack, which Drowzee easily sidesteps. Venonat enters the picture and fires off a third and final venoshock, the reactive poisons finishing off Swinub.

Both Swinub and Riolu are unable to battle! The winners are Shuckle, Drowzee, and Venonat!

A nice match, good strategy poisoning both foes and sleeping them first round. Lightpanda, you might want to look over the site and familiarize yourself with how different moves work in ASB. Also, don't use moves that are 4x resisted by your opponent.

Shuckle wins by KO
He gets 2 KOs, 4 TP
Lightpanda gets 2 TP
I get 2.5 SP

Haymez, out.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #17
Lightpanda
Boulder Badge

Thanks for evrything!!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #18
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

I actually almost feel horrible about myself. But KO's and TP are nice so I AM NOT COMPLAINING

I am really enjoying the new strategies with which I am toying, but I'm fairly afraid that most opponents will not be as blindsided as this one was, and also that they will be a little more mindful of weaknesses and resistances. A Blaze Kick or Zen Headbutt might have hurt Venonat more than a Circle Throw et al.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL