equilevel 1
48 hr dq
slapstick
return = KO
ref's choice of a non-water based arena
I choose the Wlasl Arena.

Quote:
The Wlasl Arena (Indoor Advanced Arena)
A 50x50x50 arena (measured in feet) with lots of spiffy murals of Muyo pwning ZoraJolteon. Yes, that's (almost) all. There's also an announcer's box.
Special Rules: Announcer
Welcome to the Wlasl Arena, the best arena since tyops.
: Indbutiably>
I'm quite sure you both know the rlues, but allow me to retiterate.

Coypogo posts a squaad
Ethreael posts a squaad and picks a Pokeomn
Coypogo picks a Pokeomn and posts oredrs
Ethreael posts oredrs
Then Shmuckle refs.

IJ?

Idz!

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Alpha: Female Level 1 Trubbish

West: Male Level 1 Weedle

Nancy: Female Level 1 Psyduck

Lulenski: Female Level 1 Diglett

Wrathia: Female Level 1 Sewaddle

Biv: Level 1 Male Dunsparce

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
Harlequin: Level 1 Male Spinarak

Gunther: Level 1 Female Piplup

Kate Moss: Level 1 Female Tangela

Shelby: Level 1 Female Barboach

Lumiere: Level 1 Male Litwick

Maraschino: Level 1 Female Smoochum

Harlequin.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

haha whoops oh shit i didn't realize weedle had like, no moves whatsoever. that sucks. i was looking forward to using a weedle. oh well.

lulenski! screech and double edge!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
Ah yes. Having a sigless Weedle is a lot like having a plush toy copy of a Weedle.

Anywho. Toxic right in his face after she tackles you, and then reel off a Signal Beam.

Last edited by Ethereal; 01-23-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: i'm sorry lulenski you're a handsome woman
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Ah, there's no tiem lkie the preesnt. As soon as it's here, it's gone.

And it is during the preesnt (or is it the past, now?) that our two cobmatants, longtime friends Copy and Ethe, together a preofssor, apart prodgiious battlers in their own rights.

Ethereal leads off with a Homestuck/Batman/circus reference in Spinarak form - Harlequin! Copygoo counters with Lulenski, a possible Monster Pulse reference to a mole. Well, not an actual mole. That would be cute, though. More like a traumatized worker for an evil organization whose lover died right before she was coerced into spying for a bunch of kids.

Anyway.

Harlequin:
Quote:
Spinarak: (Bug/Poison) Spinarak may shoot strands of webbing out of both their fronts and rears. While not powerful enough to damage Pokemon and too weak to entangle most, they can use it to pull themselves from place to place more quickly. Spinarak can see in the dark.
Lulenski:
Quote:
Diglett (Ground) Anatomically, with the exception of the head, a Diglett looks almost exactly like a mole. While Diglett can fight on the ground, they prefer not to, as they are more comfortable digging. If on ground they can’t Dig, however, they will stand above it. A Diglett can quickly duck back into its hole to dodge an attack if ordered to do so, provided that it sees the attack coming. However, doing so makes it vulnerable to special attacks and water being blasted down its hole. Diglett can see in the dark.
Lulenski lets out a loud Screech, which is at first confusec for feedvack from the announcetr's box. Harrlequin is suprised by the lousd noise and is startled out of the preparations for attacks, allowing Diglett to di up and give a good Double Edge to teh face, which deals lots of damage and takes decentn recoikl. Harelwquin imeedately relatailtates iwth a Toxic, folwwi git up witgh a Signal BEam to the shiny pinrk nose taht deals solid damage.

GThe first reuound draws to a close and the battlners eye each other warily, having first testaed each other's power. How will it end?

Lulenski took a Toxic and a Signal Beam along with recoil, amounting to major damage. She used mild energy and looks prtety fine.
Harlequin took a Double Edge unprepared, amounting to High damgae, and she did attacks that consuwmed extrmem energy.

Ethe

Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

"Giga Drain, Supersonic."
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

shuckle reads monster pulse. god bless you, shuckle.

secret power and swagger

Old 02-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

HA LOOK I NOTICED

A FAST REF AM I

Lulenski squirms as the toxic poison spreads through her bloodstream. Her little mole bloodstream. Her nose turns purple to signify this change, simply because the ref thinks that a purple-nosed Diglett is unbelievably adorable. However, Lulenski does not personally enjoy this particular aesthetic enhancement, as it forebodes increasingly horrendous damage in the rounds to come.

With Lulenski distracted, Harlequin goes quickly in for a preemptive strike, establishing the wide beam of a Giga Drain as a link between the two. A angry expression on his little spidery face, he sucks the life out of the little mole, regenerating a noteworthy amount of health and a considerable amount of energy. Looking like someone just punched her in the face, Lulenski wobbles woozily and then recovers with admirable speed, concentrating her energy and sending a powdery pink beam towards the waiting Spinarak. The beam is laced with a great deal of LSD, and Harlequin is suddenly assailed with a herp of the derps.

The Random Number Gods, however, dictate that the herp the derp derp herp Supersonic is successful, though weakened, and Lulenski is herp the derp herp hurr? Swaggering in a drunken confusion (RNG likes y'all to do things I think) and initiating an inebriated response of primal rage from her risible opponent.

The round ends with no clear idea of who is ahead. Both Pokemon have herp heavy cases of the derp herpy derpy derp.

Lulenski takes minor poison damage, and also decent damage from that Giga Drain, which puts her somewhere past the first quarter mark. Energywise, she took some beating from the Giga Drain and is a ways into her second hyper beam.
Harlequin took solid damage, placing him a small amount into the second quarter. He is less likely to listen to more than a few orders in the rounds to come, especially ones that don't involve thwacking or laserbeaming. Energywise, he is full to the brim after that Giga Drain.

Quote:
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #10
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

double edge

Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Keep him back with a Struggle Bug, but Psychic wave instead if you're too pissed. Sonicboom.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Lulenski stands around high out of her frickin mind, which would give Harlequin a marvelous advantage if he wasn't too busy waiting for Lulenski to attack.

Muddled, he deduces that Lulenski isn't going to attack, but NO SUDDENLY ATTACK OF THE DERPS and nothing happens this round.

Lamest Round 2013

Quote:
Old 02-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Ah, yes.
Knock her back with a Psychic wave. Hidden power.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #14
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

dig, and then stealth rock after he's done

Old 02-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #15
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Ah, yes.
Knock her back with a Psychic wave. Hidden power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copygoo View Post
dig, and then stealth rock after he's done
I actually did this twice, but for different reasons it was lost both times ._. Sorry for the holdup. Forgot to ref poison last round, so it does a little bit too much this round to compensate.

Lulenski scrabbles inefficiently at the wooden planked floor, coming across more and more horizontal wlasl that appear to have been stacked atop each other. Managing to carve a mess of splinters out of the floor of the arena with her claws, Lulenski huddles inside the shallow depression in preparation for the Psychic Wave that completely fails to go roiling above her head. The concentration involved in this titanic psychic effort, however, has cleared Harlequin's mind, and he quickly summons orbs of energy that go flying towards Lulenski. The strikes knock the lingering confusion from Lulenski's mind, and she pokes her head out of the comfortable hole, eyes glowing a strange earthy orange as she calls forth the rocks from below the arena.

Had the floor maintained its integrity, the rocks would have stopped there before reaching the surface. However, Lulenski did a number on a large part of it, so the rocks travel straight through and blow the floor to smithereens. The ground is now the Clay arena with wlasl.

Harlequin doesn't have time to be suprised, though - he just got mugged by the stealthy mobster rocks from the depths of the earth.

Lulenski took some damage and dealt some out, too. Overall, energy use and damage taken was not harsh. A typical round for her. Poison damage - she's sitting close to the midpoint. Energy use places her about half a Hyper Beam from the midpoint.

Harlequin got his milk money stolen by the stealth rock, but he's okay now. Still hasn't reached the midpoint in health, but is approaching that level. Energy use hasn't reached the end of the first HB yet, thanks to that Giga Drain.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #16
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

move forward, firing off a natural gift as you do so, and then slash

Old 02-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #17
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

"Dig behind him to avoid her gift. Struggle Bug as she tries to slash you."
Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #18
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Lulenski snuffles down in the lovely clay. Steaming forward, she begins to glow with natural energy, giving it to Harlequin in a manner that would have made her Mole Santa if it had actually been a nice gift.

Harlequin, wanting no part of the gift, burrows into the soft ground. Confused, Lulenski halts and looks around. It seems that Spinaraks are not exactly speedy burrowers. As the spider is unearthed from the squishy, lovely clay, the mole "hears" him jump up behind her. Moving so quickly, the movement can barely be seen, Lulenski slashes with a vicious talon, only to have Harlequin's Struggle Bug push her back with a pulse of energy, carving a furrow into the earth. A small hit is scored, still, but nothing significant.

Harlequin dealt some damage and received negligible damage. He used plenty of energy. Damagewise, he's where he was last round, whereas energy use puts her at the first HB.
Lulenski dealt very little damage this round, and got chunked a bit with that Struggle Bug. She used decent energy. Poison damage places her a decent way below the midpoint, and energy use puts her at the energy midpoint.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #19
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Round.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #20
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

match her round with a round and then slash

Old 04-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #21
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

yo

Old 04-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #22
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Shuckle Keeps Falling Asleep

The two battlers waste no time in emitting piercing tones that fly across the battlefield in a swirl of multicolored notes. The referee is clearly puzzled as to how exactly sound could create such an effect, but the two singers suffer no illusions about the force of their respective songs; the two Rounds overlap, dealing considerable damage to both battlers. The mole has a second order, though, a vicious Slash.

Lulenski moves up very carefully to the motionless Spinarak.

Harlequin readies himself, but Lulenski fails to take a move.

Suddenly, Lulenski twitches and vicious slash marks appear on Harlequin's face.

Lulenski takes poison damage to place her at the final quarter. Fortunately for her and for 'Goo, Harlequin has also achieved that particular milestone due to the potentially risky move. Lulenski is feeling some effects of energy use, however, enough to put her below the energy midpoint a little bit. Harlequin stays trim and fresh up a short distance below the first HB.

I have free time again, so I'll be updating this far more often now. Don't be afraid to order.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #23
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

ancientpower and slash

Old 04-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #24
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Protect, then Bounce to dodge and hit.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #25
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

THIS IS HIGHLY IMPROBABLE HOW DOES SPINARAK KNOW BOUNCE

The mole wastes no time in condensing a very vaguely defined "orb of ancient powers" and directing it towards the increasingly squishable spider. However, Harlequin has spun a Protective barrier out of what is ostensibly energy but which is more likely gastrointestinal leavings, and thus receives no damage or squishing. Harlequin immediately sends a strand of silk and rapidly reels himself off of the ground as Lulenski twitches, but receives a partial hit to one sticklike leg owing to Lulenski's speed. It's not at all the damage that Lulenski would have liked to inflict, though, especially as Harlequin snaps the silk and crashes down upon the sad, sad Diglett.

Diglett took solid damage and is still doing fine with energy. That hit was painful, though, and poor Diglett will not last without some careful strategizing.

Harlequin's partial hit has him doing better than Lulenski, but it will still take a better hit than he's been taking recently to take the place of a rolled-up newspaper. (Of course, a rolled-up newspaper will probably only make a Spinarak annoyed due to the fact that it is bigger than a typical spider by a factor of approximately 200.)

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL