UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 12-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

UPN PASBL: Charminions (C) VS Haymez (A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymez View Post
Charminions (c) vs Haymez (a)
3v3
Singles
Equilevel
Slapstick
48 HR DQ
Switch = KO
Spoiler: show

Raised Walkway Arena (Outdoor Custom Arena): Taking place in Route 7 of the Unova Region, this is a standard sized arena with 5 feet tall grass and a raised, rectangular walkway 10 feet above it. The walkway is 2 feet in width, which makes it hard for larger Pokemon to battle on unless they had adequate balance. The walkway is made of pretty sturdy wood, but could very well break from the effects of certain high powered attacks (ref's discretion) and just about any fire attack would set the path ablaze. Should a Pokemon fall off the walkway, they would suffer some fall damage and possibly some broken bones (in realistic) depending on the severity of the fall. Wild Pokemon sometimes rummage through the tall grass underneath the walkway.
Special Rules: Wild Pokemon (Tranquil (10%), Deerling (10%), Watchog (10%), Zangoose (5%), Seviper (5%), Foongus (5%)), Easily Destroyed (Walkway)
Sinnoh Represent, yo.

Feeling ratha rapsta today, so I'mma let all yall get down in this place and cause some mayhem, y'all know what I mean?

We've go dis Haymez bro. Pretty cool, comes from y'all fossiltown or somesuch, just whatever-like.

And den we've got this Charm fella. He's all like. Fiery. Passionate. Stuff. Y'all know.

Day both be rockin' dat Toramenta-style, being all hipsta and like, new age. Word.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Charminions
Your reality is mine

I have to deal with people with this kind of dialect everyday and I still don't know what you're saying. Nonetheless, thanks for taking this, Kin. Good luck, Haymez.

I'll post up a squad later.

Edit: Kay

Apollo Level 4 Male Blaziken
Special Training – Solarspeed
Whenever the arena is sunny (Sunny Day in effect), Apollo will feel pumped up and ready to move, and as such his speed will increase equal to the speed boost of a Dragon Dance. Similarly to Dragon Dance, movement while under the sun will consume slightly more energy. This signature activates automatically when sunny and as such, deactivates if the arena were not to be sunny throughout the battle.

Shinobi Level 3 Male *Black* Scizor
Special Training - True Ninja
Shinobi's speed, agility, and flight capabilities are now equal to that of a Scyther's, however, his defenses are now as weak as a Scyther's defenses. Along with this, Shinobi can now use the attack: Fly.

Sapphire Level 3 Male Wartortle
Special Attack - Blue Fist (Water)
Sapphire's fist turns bright blue as he charges a considerable amount of water energy before punching the foe for considerable water damage. Upon impact the energy bursts into water, similarly to Water Pulse, soaking both the foe and Sapphire.

Boltman Level 3 Male Electabuzz
Special Training - Ice Power (Ice)
After extensive training with the ice pokemon near Snowpoint City, Boltman's Hidden Power is now of the Ice typing. He has enough ice energy for 3 uses of this move, however, he has forgotten Ice Punch because he doesn't feel the need to use ice energy for close range since he has multiple close ranged attacks.

Bones Level 3 Male Marowak
Special Attack - Bone Switch (Ground)
This is basically a Ground type Volt Switch. Bones charges a significant amount of ground energy into his bone. He then throws the bone at his target, dealing moderate damage to it. Then the bone returns to his hand, similarly to a Bonemerang. The rest of the energy is used to force Bones into his pokeball while a different pokemon takes his place with the same Psychological and physical mindset as Bones. The bone is set to return to Bones' hand so even if the attack were to miss, the bone would return back in his hand and the switch would occur unless the bone was physically stopped before returning to his hand. This is allowed in a Switch=KO match like Volt Switch, U-turn, and Baton Pass. This can only be used once per battle.

Peter the Petrasaur Level 3 Male Aerodactyl
Special Attack - Rock Wing (Rock)
Basically a Rock-type Steel Wing, except his wings glow dark brown instead of a metallic silver. Energy usage is equivalent to a Steel Wing but it will deal significant damage to soft bodies while only dealing decent damage to hard bodies. Damage will be in between significant and decent (around solid damage) if the body isn't soft or hard enough to be classified as either.

Last edited by Charminions; 12-10-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Charminions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Good luck Charm, thanks for reffing Kin.

Altair: male Archeops level 4
Archeops: (Rock/Flying) Archeops is much closer to a raptor than a bird and despite being able to fly, prefers to run. Due to its fairly primal wings, it needs to get a running start in order to take off.
Rock types generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to unskilled (non-fighting) blows. However, most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. Rock types prefer heat to cold.
Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation. When standing on the ground, they take 1x damage from Electric moves.
Bio: Altair was revived from a fossil around the same time as Tarazed the Aerodactyl. Back in the prehistoric days, their species were at odds with each other over who should control the skies. Seeking to avoid the pain and bloodshed associated with fighting each other, each side agreed on a series of aerial challenges in order to decide the victor. Altair was the representative from the Archeops side. He trained extensively in order to compete and managed to do very well against his opponent. Altair has long since retired from the world of aerial acrobatics, but his time and training have left him some benefits. He and Tarazed remain fierce competitors, but have managed to become friends.
Sig: Acrobat (special training)
Altair is a stronger and more agile flyer than others of his species and is capable of using the moves Dragon Dance and Swords Dance.

Helix: male Kecleon level 3
Kecleon (Normal): As noted in the move description, Kecleon performs Camouflage more quickly, and expends less energy while doing so, however, Kecleon’s stripe remains visible, so it can still be tracked, although it is much harder.
Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. In the ASB, Normal types take 100% damage from Ghost type moves.
Bio and Sig in progress

Antares: Solrock level 3
Solrock (Rock/Psychic): Solrock is capable of generating vast amounts of heat by spinning, enough to vaporise moderate and weaker water attacks or dissipate fog. Energy use is equal to Fire Spin and is usable twice per battle. It has slightly more fire energy then normal and can levitate indefinitely. It fights more enthusiastically in the day time.
Rock types generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to unskilled (non-fighting) blows. However, most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. Rock types prefer heat to cold.
Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
Bio: It is said that Solrock came from the sun. I was walking one night and happened to look up as a bright light streaked down out of the sky and struck the ground behind a hill a little ways away. I investigated and found Antares lying in a crater, glowing red hot. I quickly cooled it off and captured it with the help of some water moves. I trained it and we became good friends, but one thing always seemed to bother me. Whenever I trained with Antares the sun seemed a bit brighter, and it seemed warmer when it was around. I investigated this and found that Solrock really do come from the sun.
Sig: Here comes the Sun (Special Training)
Whenever Antares enters the battle, the weather will instantly change as if sunny day had been used, and cannot be changed from this state for the time that Antares remains in the battle. This will use approximately good energy in normal circumstances, but if it is already sunny it will not cost any. If another weather is in effect it will cost a major amount of energy to change it. Every time an opponent uses rain dance or hail a good amount of energy will be drained in order to keep the weather sunny. If the arena is indoors or otherwise prevents the changing of the weather this will not activate.

Muphrid: male Absol level 3
Absol (Dark): Due to their ability to predict disasters, Absol have a faster reaction time to large-scale attacks (Earthquake, Blast Burn, Explosion, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Sandstorm, exceptionally powerful sig moves, destruction of arena, etc, etc). This does not guarantee escape, it merely increases the odds of dodging.
Dark types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
Bio and Sig in progress

Eelektrik: male level 3
Eelektrik: (Electric) Eelektrik constantly levitates using a magnetic field. This levitation allows for fairly quick and nimble travel and requires no energy to maintain. They are also fairly good swimmers and are able to stay underwater as long as any Water type.
Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
Bio and Sig in progress

Gliscor: male level 3
Gliscor (Ground/Flying): Gliscor are not true fliers: instead, they glide. If needed to, however, they are able to fly for short distances, and their claws allow them to grab and climb relatively smooth surfaces. Upon evolving, their claws got quite stronger and attacks that use it are 15% stronger then normal. Gliscor can see in the dark, and fight more enthusiastically at night.
Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation. When standing on the ground, they take 1x damage from Electric moves.
Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
Bio and Sig in progress

Antares, let's do this.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Sapphire don't fear no sun, son.

Scald then Bubblebeam.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Assuming he's standing on the walkway,

Channel the sun's strength to blast him off of the walkway and into the grass with solarbeam. Trap him in a rock tomb.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Ayo Kin.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Sooooooooooooo, new ref?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Oh, I forgot this existed.

Yeah, alright.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #9
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Taking over this match

Welcome folks to this rather interesting arena as two trainers whom I'm quite familiar with are battle. Charminions has reffed quite a few matches for me and I have done the same, though I royally messed up on one and hopping to avoid doing that again. Charm's challenger Haymez is also a familiar face who I've fought on the battle field and lost to him in a blind squad match. With out much further ranting by the ref let's begin.

Up for Haymez is Antares a Solrock

Quote:
Solrock (Rock/Psychic): Solrock is capable of generating vast amounts of heat by spinning, enough to vaporise moderate and weaker water attacks or dissipate fog. Energy use is equal to Fire Spin and is usable twice per battle. It has slightly more fire energy then normal and can levitate indefinitely. It fights more enthusiastically in the day time.
Countering that annoying enemy from mario's second world that always killed me is a wartortle named Sapphire.

Quote:
Wartortle (Water): The most militant of the Squirtle family, Wartortle are the middle of the line in speed and agility. Like all of the Squirtle family, they are vulnerable if knocked on their backs.
Both Pokemon start off at opposite ends of the walkway and give a few moments of the round to sizing each other up. Being a psychic type and being able to better sense what his opponent is able to do Antares is the first to start up his attack as he begins to glow as sunlight is being stored inside it's body. Seeing that his opponent switch into game mode Sapphire does the same and spits up a steady high pressured stream of Scalding water at the rock who takes a good hit despite resisting the fire elements laced into the water. The floating sun's body can no longer hold the sunlight so Antares fires the built up energy in the form of a Beam towards the turtle who gives out a small shriek of terror as the Solar energy knocks him off the path to the ground below. Being quite the light Pokemon the tall grass breaks most of his fall, but he's having trouble finding the sun as the grass is blocking his line of sight. This is only a one way problem as Antares has no trouble in locating the turtle and trapping it in a Rock Tomb. Sapphire begins to question whether to use Bubble Beam or not when he stumbles upon a weaker part of the rocks and decides to blast his way out with his remaining order.

Sapphire doesn't look so good despite this being the first round, but he is now out of the tomb.

Antares is doing better than Sapphire at the moment for health. Energy use for both Pokemon was about the same. Grass type energy can fuel a partial Solar Beam at most.

Haymez.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
zerozoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
Charminions
Your reality is mine

>Scald doing part fire damage

Wuh

Thanks for taking this, btw. Now go ref my match with Celebii.

Last edited by Charminions; 01-08-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Charminions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #11
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Pointing out Antares' sig, making it sunny out.

Cosmic power, then psychic.

Last edited by Haymez; 01-08-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Haymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Waiting for Zero to say something about Scald, but w/e I'll go order. Pretty sure I saw a ruling somewhere that states Scald uses part Water and Fire energy but deals purely Water damage with a chance to burn.

Aqua Jet to dodge Psychic and strike, land yourself back on the walkway after impact. Water Gun, if you have a clear shot.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Well since I reffed the Scald as being a 25% fire type attack, which isn't right, and that I missed Solrocks sig bringing Sunny Day to the field not much changed in terms of damage for that attack, but I'll reduce the damage taken by the Bubble Beam thoguh. If I did re-ref the last round the only thing that would have changed would have been the first attacks striking simultaneously.

Back to the battle field the floating sun shape rock calls upon the power of his Cosmic brothers to grant him additional Powers of defense. Upon completing this defense boost Antares begins to start wondering if the turtle is play a game of hide and go seek Antares fires a Psychic into the grass to flush his foe out. The rustling of the grass generated by the attack is Sapphires queue to launch himself out of the grass with an Aqua Jet dodging the attack and slamming into the rock type for some heavily reduced damage before landing on the pathway. To wrap up the round a Water Gun does surprisingly little SE damage to the rock type.

Antares really enjoyed the defense boost this round, but he still took a large amount of damage.

Sapphire avoided all damage this round and energy usage wasn't to bad either.

Charminions

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 01-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
Charminions
Your reality is mine

>Sunny Day lowering the power of a water attack that's already heated.
Um, okay. Doesn't make a huge difference really, but I'm just a prick.

Hidden Power. Aqua Jet to dodge something and strike if needed.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Blast him back into the grass with a psychic wave, then hold him down with grass knot.

Last edited by Haymez; 01-17-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Haymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #16
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

After reffing so many round today I'm running out of titles

Technically since the water is already super heated the intense sunlight should evaporate it with ease making it weaker.

Okay now that that's out of the way let's have a turtle fight a sun. calling upon the Powers Hidden deep within his typing Sapphire summons several orbs of water type energy to fly towards the super defensive sun who almost laughs at how little that attack did as another Psychic attack pushes the turtle back over the edge into the Grass were mysterious Knots begin to ensnare him. Remembering his final orders he decides now is a needed time for an Aqua Jet, the watery propulsion frees him of the grass and lands him back on the boardwalk where he began.

Solrock took another damage reduced Water type attack this round, but the kinks in the rock types armor are beginning to show and the damage is starting to get the better of him.

Sapphire received another strong hit and is at the boarder of his third quarter of health.

Haymez

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Stone edge, then throw him back with another psychic.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #18
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Aqua Jet to dodge Stone Edge and land yourself on the grass, so that you won't suffer any falling damage from his Psychic. Then Aqua Ring.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #19
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

One week bump
Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #20
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Hi ZZ!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #21
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Round 4: Connection is back...I hope...

By the time the levitating sun has picked up the jagged rocks for the Stone Edge the pond turtle has already enveloped itself in a rapid moving torrent of water. With a quick evasive maneuver with an Aqua Jet Sapphire lands a graceful ten point landing on the grass below just in time to be knocked flat on it's face by a Psychic. The battle worn reptile summons close to half a score of watery rings around itself in an attempt to recover some of the lost health. As the first Aqua Ring is absorbed the round ends.

Solrock suffered no damage but is starting to feel tired.

Sapphire is now into his third quarter and while not as tired as Solrock the battle is starting to take its toll.

Charm.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 02-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #22
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Scald if you get a clear shot. Dodge stuff.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #23
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Don't give him a clear shot. Drop into the grass to set up a rock tomb around him, then strike with natural gift.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #24
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Bump.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #25
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Round 5: 26 days later a crappy reffing comes.

Having taken shelter in the tall grass around him Sapphire is having difficulty getting a clear shot at the floating sun. The turtle pauses a moment and realizes how stupid it sounds to loss track of the sun during such sunny weather. He soon finds his excuse as everything around him goes dark thanks to the sudden appearance of a pyramid of Rock surrounding him in a Tomb. Solrock is really loving his psychic types abilities to sense the environment as it's coming in handy a few times already and this last tactic is no exception. With his foe trapped old Solie takes his sweet time channeling the last of his grass type energy into a spring of energy building underneath the pseudo pyramid he made a few seconds ago. If he had fingers he would've snapped them in a BA fashion to trigger the energy spring of nature's furry to erupt forth, but he doesn't so he triggers it with a bright flash from his eyes. Just as cool...Right? For the poor turtle this is anything but a Natural Gift as the blast slams into him and a portion of the wall. The attack turns out to be a blessing in disguise as the blast is just enough to cause the walls around him to crumble freeing him from his dark prison. He does however take a small buffering from the falling rocks, but most of the damage is absorbed by his trusty shell. As luck would have it he see's his foe floating in plan sight and fires the attack ordered of him. The stream of Scalding is slightly weakened by the great quantities of tall grass in the way, but the majority of it hits the poor rock type for respectable damage. Another ring of water is absorbed by the pond turtle soothing some of his pain.

Solrock is close to crumbling due to the damage that has piled up. Grass energy is kaput.

Sapphire is has just crossed the boarder into the red zone by the smallest of margins. Currently has the lead in battle readiness thanks to the one mover.

Haymez.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 02-28-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL