UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 12-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

Manaphy A Tree by the Sea

On the Sapphire Islands was a tree of unusual size, sitting comfortably on the bank of a river as it flowed into coastline. A crude but solid rope ladder dangling down from a branch and a parting in the foliage filled with glass betrays the presence of an abode within the branches.

Climbing up, the entryway is revealed as a small hall, though it quickly leads into a larger central room. Two side rooms back towards the front of the base hold a small pool each; one fresh, one marine, handily distinguished by a blue and sky poster respectively. A small stool sits by the smaller freshwater pool, though it could believably be moved around as desired.

As for the main room, it's only distinguishing features were some flowers, a glass table, and a ladder leading upwards. Despite the large size of the table, there was only a seat for one, since most of the occupants were more happy eating elsewhere. To the left was a small kitchen, fridge stocked with various fruits, veggies, and Pokemon foods. To the right, a bedroom, full of various aquatic paraphernalia and a single bed. Unlike the rest of the first floor, the bedroom was a mess, with clothes and blankets scattered haphazardly. The giant Lapras doll even sometimes found itself being used as a bed when El couldn't be bothered to clear space for herself. Despite the mess, the fishtank is spotless and perfectly maintained. Any algae gets scrubbed, and she does a partial water change at least once a week. Several books on aquarium maintenance sit by its base, pages rumpled with water damage.

Climbing up the handy-dandy most Pokemon exclusionary device(tm) - usually referred to as a ladder - leads to a much smaller loft area. It contains more electronics than the downstairs area, being a much safer place to keep them when one lives with an abundance of water-types. The place was kitted out as both a recreation area and a study, with a TV, a Gamecube, and a rather fancy-looking laptop. A bookshelf sat proudly on one side, filled mostly with various textbooks on various marine topics, though a modest collection of games sat on top. A pane of glass forcing the thick foliage apart revealed a sweeping view of the coastline and the sea beyond it. A desk sat before the window for optimum use of the view whilst studying or just relaxing with a book or on the laptop. Up back were some scale models of various nautical vessels, lovingly maintained despite the bird droppings and mollusc slime of the Pokemon that weren't too phased by the ladder that sat all around their bases.

RULES:
-RP is open, but bare in mind that I'm the kinda guy that works at their own pace. Please don't be surprised or offended if I take a while to respond, I have nothing against you. Same applies if I give a short response, sometimes I'm not feeling the rhythm of the language but still want to get something out.
-On a more RP-related point to the above, El is welcoming to strangers who show an interest in her, her Pokemon, her home, or water-types. Her Pokemon don't generally care if strange people walk in, though the molluscs are rather protective of the upstairs area and it's objects.
-El's vegetarian: partially for moral reasons, mostly because she's the kind of girl to just get dinner over with by throwing some greenery or pasta in a bowl (though she'd never admit it). While she does have snacks for carniverous Pokemon, trainers who are invited to rummage through for food won't find any meaty bits.
-Watch for stray water and Shellos and/or Bubbleata slime trails. Things can get slippery living in a tree full of water. Thankfully, the molluscs have been chewed out enough to know to at least stay off the rungs of ladders.
-The first floor is roughly three meters tall, while the second clocks in closer to two and a half. The pools are shallow enough for an average-sized fourteen-year-old to stand in comfortably with her nose above the water and about four meters long each, though the freshwater one is narrower. Things much bigger than four feet or so would probably feel rather cramped, but they're large enough to keep most hydrated. Large marine Water-types are welcome to hang out in the nearby ocean, and the river is open to the freshwater ones.
-Now, keep the first rule in mind and go ahead!

Last edited by Lass El; 12-03-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Lass El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #2
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

Mailbox

An old can of beans labled 'MAIL GOES HERE' sits tied to a stake at the base of the tree.

Empty!
Old 12-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #4
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

The Grand Birthday List

January 3: Becky, Red-stripe Basculin
January 14: Justin, Seel
January 23: Merri, Krabby
January 31: Comet, Staryu

Febuary 6: Nikki, Shiny Gible
Febuary 20: Medusa, Tentacool

March 30: Squishy, Ditto

April 15: Beryllium, Shroomish
April 17: Lucy, Eevee
April 26: Sparow, the ever-cool Spearow

May 3: Livermorium, Ferroseed
May 22: Spirit, Scyther

June 3: Colm, Purrloin
June 22: Chip, Wingull

July 31: Kim, Bubbleata

September 1: Rallen, Poochyena
September 4: Millie, Mantyke

October 16: Michelle, Bidoof
October 31: Tecta, Gastly

November 7: *Insert name here*, the kid behind the screen

December 3: Hopkins, East-sea Shellos
December 17: Phyllopteryx, Horsea

Last edited by Lass El; 12-07-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #5
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

???

The 'it's 1 AM and I'm probably going to wake up tomorrow realising that I forgot something' post!
Old 12-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Ah, the sea of Fizzytopia. Calm, tranquil, and so very scenic. Anyone traversing this sea via boat would surely be treated to a lovely view, and sure enough, the beauty of this aquatic expanse did not go unnoticed by those on board the boat currently sailing these waters. It was an impressive vessel built from wood, not unlike the sailing ships of days past, though instead of masts and sails, she sported a motor. Her name was painted on the stern in blood-red letters: Banette's Revenge.

Standing at the helm of the Banette's Revenge was her captain, none other than the Poison-type Trainer Keith Masters, complete with his trademark cowboy hat. His Meowth sat on his shoulder, and the two were taking in the beauty of the surrounding sea.

"Is this the life or what, Meowth?" Keith grinned as he adjusted the steering wheel. "It's a beautiful day, the weather is perfect..."

"And we actually got ta have da picnic lunch dis time," Meowth added, remarkably speaking human language like his Trainer. "Ya remembered ta put Pisces in her Poké Ball before packin' lunch."

"Yeah, well, that's the kind of mistake you learn from," said Keith. "I- hmm," he added, glancing off at something on his left. "Hermione," he called down to the deck below. "What islands are those off the port bow?"

On a table set up on the deck below, a Weedle set to work, consulting a bunch of charts and maps. Once she had come to a conclusion, she replied, "Weedle, Weedle Weedle."

"Hermione says we're comin' up on da Sapphire Islands," translated Meowth. "We ain't never been dere before, has we?"

"Don't think we have," Keith agreed. "Well, there's a first time for everything. Bringing her hard to port!" he reported as he spun the steering wheel to the left.

As they drew closer to the islands, Keith could spot a river flowing inland on one of the islands. "Ehh, I dunno about dat," Meowth murmured, noticing this same river. "Ya tink it'll be wide enough ta fit da Revenge and let her turn around?"

"Hmm," Keith frowned. "You may have a point. Alright, we'll drop anchor near the beach." And with a little searching, they in fact found a conveniently placed dock. Carefully, Keith pulled his vessel up alongside the dock, and as he, Meowth, and Hermione disembarked, Keith tied her off to keep the boat from drifting away.

"Alright, so, wat first?" Meowth asked.

"Let's go see that river we saw," Keith suggested. "Looked pretty nice."

"Weedle," agreed Hermione, who was in the process of crawling up Keith's side and onto the shoulder not already occupied by Meowth.

The walk was a short one, the river not too far at all from where the Banette's Revenge was docked. Keith walked alongside the riverbank, he and his Meowth and Weedle admiring the scenery.

"Wow," Keith murmured. "This really is a beautiful pla-" *THUD*

For at that moment, Keith was rather abruptly interrupted by a large tree. More specifically, his collision with aforementioned tree.

"Youse OK?" Meowth asked.

"Weedle?" added Hermione.

"Ugh... Yeah, I'm fine," Keith grunted, once he was certain the collision hadn't injured him or his Pokémon. "The hell, though, how didn't I see this huge tree, with its big trunk and its rope ladder and its-" Keith paused at that moment, as that last thing he listed sunk in. "Rope ladder?" he repeated. He looked, and sure enough, a rope ladder was dangling down out of the tree.

"Dere's a gap up in da leaves," Meowth pointed out. "I'm tinkin' someone's Secret Base is up dere."

"I'd say so," agreed Keith. "Well, what say we see if anybody's home? Truth be told, after several hours at the helm, and now all this walking, I could use a bit of a break."

"Dat's soundin' good ta me," said Meowth.

"Weedle Weedle," nodded Hermione.

"Well, that's settled, then," Keith stated, as he proceeded to climb the ladder, Meowth and Hermione holding tightly onto his shoulders. Once he got to the top, he knocked on the door and waited for a response.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-03-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:51 AM   #7
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

El was sitting upstairs in her study when a knock rang through the floor below. She was attempting to do a scientific drawing of Kim the Bubbleata, a supposedly easy task the professor she was studying under had set her in an attempt to ease her into things. 'Attempting', of course, meaning that things were going less than well. Between her lack of drawing skills, Hopkins the Shellos' occasional interruptions, and Kim's surprising display of restlessness for a snail, El's paper had been reduced to a wet, slimy, muddy mess with a few smudged pencil lines several times over. She grumbled and tossed aside her fifth failed attempt, which Kim took as an invitation to blow bubbles right in El's face.

"Fine, you win," she grumbled, letting Hopkins back out of his Pokeball. El had hoped that having one less distraction would help things go more smoothly. It had only lead to an increased level of slime production as Kim made to be as annoying as possible.

Downstairs, the rest of El's Pokemon were looking towards the ladder, waiting for her to come down and deal with the whole visitor issue. Time ticked on, and there was no sign of her coming down, not even a shout. Roughly ten seconds after the initial knock, Tecta the Gastly floated towards and through the front of the base to investigate whoever it was that was waiting outside. She took one good solid look at the young man and his Pokemon, studying them intently for an entire second before nodding in approval and drifting back inside. The team watched her apprehensively, waiting for her confirmation. Tecta nodded again, and Nikki the Gabite rushed forwards to attempt to open the door, having about the closest thing to hands out of the group barring El herself.

With Nikki preoccupied trying to get the door open, Tecta drifted upstairs to get El's attention. Having given up on her drawing for the time being, she'd buried her nose in a book on the scientific procedure she'd been told to read, in the hopes of doing something constructive with her time. This was made somewhat difficult by the fact that Kim and Hopkins were crawling all over her, which included her face. Tecta floated over and waited for El to look up from the book. It was inevitable, really, eventually she'd storm to her feet and shout a bit and the molluscs would feel bad for as long as it took Hopkins to get bored again.

Downstairs, Nikki was left staring at the visitors after managing to get the door open with some help from Squishy. Having done what she was asked to, she was left feeling mildly lost as to what to do next. Not much else to do, she eventually settled on waving with a cheerful "Gabite!" Her friendliness was almost immediately overshadowed by El alerting the rest of the occupants to the fact that she'd just noticed Tecta by screaming at the top of her lungs.

Last edited by Lass El; 01-06-2015 at 03:16 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:33 AM   #8
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

At first, there was no response to the knock. Keith and Meowth waited a few seconds, then exchanged looks. "Maybe nobody's home," suggested Meowth.

"Maybe," agreed Keith. "We should probably- GAH!"

For at that moment, he was interrupted by the sight of a dark purple ball of gas phasing through the door and staring intently at Keith and Meowth. The presence of a Gastly, of course, was nothing frightening to Keith, who merely stared back at it with eyebrows slightly raised at this unexpected presence. His startled reaction had more to do with the fact that one generally doesn't expect to see a Gastly come phasing through solid objects right in front of one, outside of the Hidden Mansion's grounds. While it was true that Keith's own Secret Base was built on that very property, any spectral visitors generally did not come in the form of Ghost Pokémon- much more common were the ghosts invisible and inaudible to all but Keith's own Ghost-type Pokémon.

And then, just as quickly as it had appeared, the Gastly gave a nod and retreated back into the base. Again, Keith and Meowth exchanged looks, this time ones of confusion. "Wat was dat all about?" asked Meowth.

"You're asking me?" replied Keith. "Meowth, being 25% of a species of Pokémon does not automatically mean I can understand what every single specimen of said species is up to at any given time."

"Geez, sorry I asked," grumbled Meowth. At that moment, however, he could hear sounds behind the door, almost as though an attempt to open it was in progress, but being carried out by something not quite built for opening doors. This went on for almost a minute, before the door opened. Standing in the doorway was a Gabite (albeit of a different shade of blue Keith knew Gabite to have), which to Keith, explained the struggle it had with opening the door- Gabite had claws instead of any semblance of hands, not unlike a Pawniard's, which would definitely make it tricky to handle a doorknob. It had taken Ginny, Keith's Pawniard, some time to get the hang of doorknobs herself. The Gabite gave a cheerful wave and greeting to the guests.

"Uh... Hi," Keith replied, not sure what to make of this. Instead, he turned to the Normal-type on his shoulder. Meowth nodded in response, and jumped down to the floor, approaching Gabite.

"Hey, dere," Meowth greeted the Dragon/Ground-type. "Name's Meowth, and dis is my Trainer, Keith. We was wonderin' if we could come in and relax fer a little while, huh? O' course, dat's only if yer Trainer wouldn't mind," he added.

At that moment, however, a loud scream sounded from the second floor. Keith jumped, startled by the scream. "Did we come at a bad time?" he wondered out loud.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:54 AM   #9
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

Nikki gasped in amazement as Meowth spoke, dancing excitedly on the spot before rushing back to try (and fail) to climb the ladder to grab El, despite the rather loud evidence that she was at least aware of Tecta. "I'm coming, Nikki!" she called out from upstairs, fumbling about in an effort to put her book away and at least make an effort to de-slime herself. Not that she made any attempt to make it clear to those downstairs that that was what she was doing. As they waited, Colm the Purrloin siddled towards Meowth, slinking away from the group staring at the ladder and Nikki's continued attempts to conquer it.

"Hey," he whispered once he was right by the door. "Neat trick there. Don't mind the Gabite, she's just excitable. Goes for a good amount of these guys actually. Like that Gastly, I think she might be mute or something."

"Nikki, get out of my way!" El gently nudged the Gabite away from the base of the ladder with her foot so she'd have space to get down. Hopkins and Kim remained quite happily attached to her shirt, while Tecta drifted through the roof and over towards Keith. El made a few last cursory attempts at shaking a bit more slime off before turning around with a smile and wading through the small crowd of terrestrial Pokemon.

"Hi!" she beamed. "I guess you must be the visitor-guys, right? Uh, sorry about the delay, I was upstairs. Anyway, I'm Eliza, or El, or whatever. The Gastly's name is Tecta, she's the doormon, of sorts." At that Tecta nodded and swooped around Keith's head a few times. "Heh, she likes you! Which... which makes sense really, she wouldn't have let you in otherwise. Or told the other guys to let you in, rather. I guess. I mean, the door needs hands to open and she doesn't really have... bah! Never mind! What I should be asking is what you're here for so, uh, consider it asked!"
Old 01-06-2015, 12:02 PM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Meowth's gift for human speech seemed to amaze the Gabite, who danced on the spot and attempted to climb a ladder further in the house. However, it seemed that she was no better suited for climbing ladders than opening doors, so this didn't actually go anywhere. And then, a Purrloin approached Meowth, explaining that the Gabite was merely excitable, not unlike a number of her teammates. He also explained that the Gastly might be mute. "Ah," Meowth nodded understandingly. "Yeah, we gots a Torkoal dat's da same way. She ain't never said a word in her life, but she can make shapes wit her smoke instead somehow- hey, I know youse, don't I?" he added suddenly. Indeed, Meowth had realized that he recognized this Purrloin. And then it came back to him- the Bar, that whole incident with the Ditto impersonating the Purrloin. "Hey, yeah, yer Colm, ain't ya?" he said.

"You know this Purrloin?" asked Keith.

"Yeah, remember dat time at da Bar? "Meowth asked Keith. "When Six made friends wit dat Ditto?"

"Oh, yeeeaaah," Keith nodded. "Huh. What are the odds?"

"Colm, you remember me, right?" Meowth asked, turning back to the Purrloin.

At that moment, the same voice from before was telling the Gabite, apparently named Nikki, to get out of the way. The Gabite did so, moving away from the ladder, which allowed a girl to climb down it. Two Pokémon were clinging to her shirt. One of them Keith vaguely recognized as a Shellos of the East Sea variety, but the other one, he'd never seen anything like it in his life. She approached Keith and Meowth, and greeted them, apologizing for the delay before introducing herself as Eliza. Keith realized at that moment that this was one of the Trainers he had invited to Cyanide's family reunion some months ago, and just then, with another look at the off-color Gabite, recalled seeing a Shiny Gible at aforementioned reunion, and realized that it must have evolved. El went on to introduce the Gastly as Tecta, explaining that she served as the doorman. At this, the Gastly swooped around Keith's head a couple of time, causing El to remark that Tecta likes Keith. "Well, I do got a way with Poison-types," Keith replied. "Gastly in particular, actually." It was then that El got to her point, asking what they were here for.

"Well," said Keith, "I'm Keith. Keith Masters. I was the one hosting that Eevee family reunion, remember? Anyway, me and Meowth were exploring the island when we bumped into your base."

"He means dat literally," Meowth added.

Keith chuckled sheepishly as he rubbed the spot on his head which had made the rather painful connection with the tree. "Yeah," he admitted. A tree that big, you'd think I'd have seen it, right? Anyway, we've been on our feet pretty much all morning, so I was just wondering, would it be OK if my Pokémon and I just took a break here for a while? Also," he added, mild curiosity evident in his voice, "What kind of Pokémon is that holding onto you? I know one of them's a Shellos, but I've never seen anything like that other one before."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases