UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #26
Mercutio
Banned

Round 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Still don't agree really. Especially since Darks are good at... Dark...-seeing(?).
Our new Dark Gym Leader, everyone.

Sneezey opens up by ordering his Gengar to use a status move. A fair tactic, as it forces the opponent to react while using up less energy than a direct assault, Sneezey attempts to play it conservative this round. Creed gestures, sending out a flash of ethereal light to bewitch and befuddle Barghest. It's Confuse Ray, but despite its potential effects it does little this round. Dave has ordered a pre-emptive Zen Headbutt. While the attack is perhaps a shade weaker owing to the lesser reserves available to it, it has the desired side effect of avoiding confusion entirely, the physical hit dealing nice super effective damage to Creed.

Ordering his pokémon to back away, Sneezey can only watch in trepedation as Dave calls for a Pursuit. Barghest surrounds himself with Dark typed energy and rushes Creed, homing straight in (despite the lack of distance) and deal- Oh! Creed has switched to the ethereal mode, leaving Barghest to tumble pointlessly through the trickster like an overexcited puppy. Thanks to my new policy of not having the energy deal much damage in such situations (FYI), Creed lives!

For several more seconds! Dave has opted to use his first three mover, and thanks to the laws of the internet, I cannot mysteriously ref it failing. Barghest looses a powerful Dark Pulse, waves of super effective energy lancing through Creed like a hot knife through butter. The damage is catastrophic, Creed's healthbar bleeding green as swiftly as the attack is over. Creed collapses weakly to the ground, making vague accusations of trickery and foul play before fainting, swirls filling his eyes and shame filling the heart of his trainer.

Creed is unable to battle!

Barghest took no damage, but understandably is a little tired. Because I didn't twig that energy was near 1/2 last round, it may interest you to know that he's nearing the final quarter for energy.

The fog is thickening...
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #27
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
You put up a good fight, my trickster friend.

"Miss Missy Miss, Hyper Voice to Secret Power."

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #28
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
>Implying ethereality wouldn't increase damage from the Pursuit aura

"Let's just have a Mean Look for now. If you're still standing, then Snarl into the bargain."

I should really stop having the feeling that my orders are going to fail whenever Kush refs.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #29
Mercutio
Banned

Yeah but I've newly decided to basically stop doing that. Not entirely, but a lot.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #30
Mercutio
Banned

Fuck it, I may be in the middle of typing up minutes but I'm incredibly bored by said task.

Recalling his Gengar, Sneezey decides to send out a second fully evolved representative. It's Miss Missy Miss, a Mismagius with a sig that I think is slightly broken, but what can you do.

The new arrival begins with a Hyper Voice, a strong sonic attack useful for taking down many foes. The Ghost type screeches loudly, sending out a large and focussed blast of sound and Normal typed energy. This strikes Barghest for a harsh blow, the Dark type gritting his teeth as loud claxons start sounding in Dave's ear. Looking coldly at the ref, Dave orders Mean Look. Barghest eyes his opponent, almost as coldly, and curses her to remain in battle until she faints. Which apparently works even after a different pokémon is sent out by Dave, for some reason. Presumably ok with this, Sneezey calls for a Secret Power. This second Normal typed attack deals a nice amount of damage to Barghest, powdery forces racking his healthbar. He totters on his feet for a few moments, before collapsing to the ground, KOed by damage.

Barghest is unable to battle!

No damage to Missy. She is already well on the way through her first HB of energy and is afflicted by Mean Look.

The fog is thickening...
Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #31
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Return Barghest, fantastic job.

Brian Blessed, time to wake the dead."

Quote:
Brian Blessed: Male Exploud
Exploud: (Normal) - Exploud is completely immune to any sound-based attack, any sound based attack used by Exploud is 25% more effective then usual
Normal-types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. They are resistant to nothing, and are weak to Fighting, taking double damage.
Bio: One of the Largest Hams of all time, Brian Blessed was somehow transformed into a Whismur so that he can ham up the Pokémon world. Of course, a Whismur would provide the evolutionary steps to be AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE! In the meantime, he practices his vocal talent in battle, to be as hammy as can be. He also has a big, bushy beard.

Special Attack - GORDON'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!! (NO):
Brian Blessed takes a deep breath, before screaming at the top of his lungs. The sound is so loud, that it actually tears the fabric of reality, creating 'rips' that travel along in a beam. The sound is widespread, and deals the damage of Hyper Voice, but the rips in reality deal much more damage, especially if the foe is caught full-force by the beam. If a direct hit is landed, the foe takes the additional damage of Thunder, along with Hyper Voice damage from the sound. The beam is very focused, only about the size of Brian Blessed's mouth, so agile Pokémon may well be able to dodge. This move takes the energy of Thunder to perform, and leaves Brian Blessed tired afterward, his Sound-based attacks will have reduced power/effectiveness for three rounds afterward, akin to Draco Meteor recoil. This can only be used once per battle due to the strain it puts on his vocal chords.
"Let's have an Uproar and an Icy Wind to start off."
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #32
Sneaze

"Duck behind a tree for the duration of his attacks. Pop back out and give him a Thunder."

Quote:

Last edited by Sneaze; 01-11-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #33
Mercutio
Banned

Round 7

It took me like two minutes to work out what you meant by a hollowed out tree. Because I'm stoopid.

Dave smiles faintly, recalling his fallen Absol with a silent nod of thanks, and picks out a slightly padded pokéball from his belt to toss out in to the slightly heavier fog that permeates the arena now. Accompanying the customary flash of light is a loud bang, signalling the deployment of Brian Blessed, a bearded Exploud. A Normal type I've never really considered picking up, though memories of grinding against Whismur to gain HP EVs do arise in me now that I think of it, Brian will be a tough nut for a Mismagius to crack, lacking in Fighting type moves as she does. He also sports a hugely energy efficient signature move that is frankly balls crazy good, but I'm sure Dave won't be exploiting that too much.

Opening with a mid level attack, Dave orders an Uproar. Bellowing an ode to spring and the blossom soon to grace our lands, the Exploud releases a potent soundwave that booms towards Missy at a good pace. Sensing danger, Sneezey orders his pokémon to phase in to the hollow of a nearby tree to try and avoid the incoming damage. This doesn't really go so well, in that Missy is caught by most of the attack before she can go to ground, and the more effective than normal attack deals even more damage thanks to her ethereal state. She dashes through the nearest tree and out of the other side, hunkering down to withstand the damage of further attacks.

With orders to attack once more, Brian weighs up the options of firing at a cowering target. The tree she's hiding in isn't quite thick enough to hide all of her, part of her skirts (?) showing from behind the petrified wood. Brian essentially decides "fuck trees" and exhales a frosty blast of freezing wind. That's an Icy Wind, to be more specific, and it beats against Missy's shelter like a tempest in the Arctic Ocean. Missy takes some more damage from the snow and wind, though fortunately for her a good portion of this is weathered by her cover. As the fog takes a moment to refill the void left through Brian's blowing, Missy takes her chance. Sidestepping her hiding place and crackling with electricity, she looses a powerful blast of Thunder at Brian. The bolt arcs upwards, before crashing down on the Normal type for major damage. The Normal type escapes paralysis, but Sneezey's offensive orders are nonetheless successful in keeping the health scales fairly even as the round comes to a close.

Lots of damage to Miss Missy Miss, leaving her at 3/4 health, while Brian is well in to his first health quarter. In terms of energy, Missy sort of only used a one mover so is ok in that sense, but she's approaching the 3/4 mark. She's got a Shockwave in the tank. Brian used up a good amount, with Ice at 1/2.

There is a fair amount of distance between the two. While Brian is still on the platform, Missy is at the edge of the forest next to a fairly substantial tree. She's ethereal.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #34
Mercutio
Banned

Well those new orders are much easier to ref, but it's done now. Oh well.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #35
Sneaze

Note: The "fog" is immovable by any means, as it's not real fog. It's the rift between the physical plane and the afterlife.

Orders later.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #36
Mercutio
Banned

Yeah I read that and kind of ignored it.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #37
Sneaze

"Let loose a mass of Swift as you back further into the woods. Secret Power."

Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #38
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

I would use Surf here, but fuck ethereality.

"Supersonic. Shadow Ball if you can make her location, otherwise a semi-focused Hyper Voice in her general direction."
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #39
Mercutio
Banned

Round 8

Though as it gets thicker it will gain the immovableness.

Swiftness, etc.

Missy backs up, firing Swift stars as she goes. This strikes, there's damage. Brian uses Supersonic, strongly confusing his opponent, who starts drifting aimlessly about and through the trees. Brian can still make out a target, for now, and fires a Shadow Ball her way. The drifting and the tree cover leaves her luckily avoiding a portion of the damage, but mostly it's just one large serving of intense pain. Then there's Secret Power, and the RNG which is me throwing a paper in to the bin first time dictates that Brian gets paralysed!

Boom!

Missy dips below half, ethereal, not confused, used good energy. Brian should one mover, very little Ghost energy, health below 3/4, moderately paralysed. There's a good amount of distance now and while they can make each other out, clear shots at range will be harder to do.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #40
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

While the round's gone largely the way expected, wouldn't the confusion block at least one of the moves from happening? I mean... that's most of the point of confusion in the first place.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #41
Mercutio
Banned

Do you mean before Supersonic was used or do you mean after you used Shadow Ball?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #42
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Well no, I was just expecting for the confusion to mess her up before Shadow Ball. So instead of Swift, Supersonic, Secret Power, Shadow Ball, it'd be Swift, Supersonic, HERPDERP, Shadow Ball.

I mean if confusion does nothing to opponent's attacks then what's the point of it?

In other news, lots of attacks start with S.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #43
Mercutio
Banned

I reffed her getting fairly well hit with a small projectile at range. Then sh decided to continue attacking.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #44
Mercutio
Banned

I suppose to clarify, it was Swift - Supersonic- HERPADERP - hit by Shadow Ball more than she would have been - Secret Power.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #45
Mercutio
Banned

Dave-o?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #46
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

I was waiting for you to remember how confusion actually works.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #47
Mercutio
Banned

Oh right.

Yeah.

No.

Orders please
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #48
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Uproar, then just chill out. Dodge stuff if you can."

Bad orders I know but I really can't think of anything better.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #49
Sneaze

"Confuse Ray amplified using your species' chanting abilities. I want him so retarded he's drooling. Inferno. Try to send it into his big mouth if at all possible."

Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #50
Mercutio
Banned

DW moves be crazy.

Moderately paralysed from last round, Brian grimaces. After a moment, he manifests the wherewithal, and manages to let out a grunting cry of aggression. This is Uproar, and travels swiftly out towards Miss Missy Miss to deal a bit of boosted damage. Missy floaty floats her way to a good vantage point above a short tree, and fires a burst of ethreal light towards Brian. The attack hits, and boosted by her SC and a little extra energy, and throroughly befuddles the Normal type. It's Confuse Ray, and has exactly the desired effect. As Brian smacks his head aroud the place, Missy moves in for her strike. She inhales deeply, bringing together a large amount of energy within herself. Once ready, she channels this out and towards Brian, a massive blast of fire streaking out and burning Brian in a spectacular display of status abuse. This is Inferno, which Missy gets in some kind of hellfire related reference by Gamefreak. I should really pick up a Mismagius.

Sufficed to say, Brian is not confused. He is horribly burned on his face, though not inside his mouth. Health around 1/2. Missy took a bit of damage and used a lot of energy. She's at the edge of the trees. Not got much Fire in the tanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL