UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Sneasel UPN PASBL: Sneezey12 vs BlazeVA

Equiall what? I'm not sure, but I suppose it's either 1 or 3.

One of UPN's major bronies and Ghost enthusiast, and the other mineral man, facing off in the simple arena of rock and water.

Quote:
Sneezy(c) vs blazeVA(a)
2 on 2
Singles
Equiall
24 Hr DQ (RF)
Slapstick
Switch = KO
Pummelo Stadium
A 2v2 is always fun. Quick SP for me. I'll try to make sure this is quick.

For brevity, I'll just say, go Sneezey, post your squad.
As may be expected though, our clear winner here was Kairne, ASB's champion of prioritizing the pokemon you like over those that are objectively better. I mean, one of his mains is a Watchog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.
Leader of the "Stop Screwing Over Smeargle" Brigade

ASB
Spoiler: show
Art by Kairne
ASB
[URL="http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4387"]
Daisy Art:

Battlecuts courtesy of DaisyInari

Random stuffs:

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
It's equiall 3.

Anasazi: Male Dusclops (level 4) (level-up)
Biography: Anasazi is the ghost of a deceased tribal chief, known for his unrelenting war tactics and brutal power. His entire tribe was massacred and his land razed in the dead of night by another tribe, himself included. He holds a connection to the rest of his tribe that allows him to shift into their plane of existence with great effort.
Special Training: True Power
Anasazi can use Shadow Force once per match. Anasazi no longer benefits from fighting more enthusiatically at night, as most Ghosts do. Additionally, he is considered weak to Fire type moves, and can no longer use any Fire type moves. His connection to other spirits means that he does not have full control over his own being, let alone having control over that of others, and as such can no longer use Curse, Pain Split, or Destiny Bond.

Miss Missy Miss: Female Mismagius (level 3)
Biography: Miss Missy Miss has always taken joy in staying awake for days on end, and I could never figure out as to why. After quite a while I determined that this problem was because she couldn't relax when it was time to sleep, disturbed by all the commotion around her. It was at this point when I got her a white noise machine, and she hasn't had a problem relaxing ever since. In fact, she liked the white noise so much that she would just start letting out sounds of her own to mock it, calming herself down in the process.
Special Training: White Noise
Whenever Miss Missy Miss uses Screech, she is benefitted with the same boosts associated with a Calm Mind. Her Screech attacks now use 25% more energy, and may only be used twice per match. Also, because she respects how difficult it is to get sleep sometimes, she will not purposely use damaging attacks against sleeping opponents, and has foregone her learning of Nightmare and Dream Eater.

Brutus: Male Marowak (level 3)
Biography: Brutus is well... a brute. He loves getting up close and personal with his opponents, but this obviously means that Flying Pokemon are even more of a bane to him than normal. While he did know how to hit them at a distance, nothing really seemed to... shake them the way he liked to throw off the enemies that were rooted to the ground. He was inspired by the idea that the energy from Earthquake could be transfered directly into an enemy to shake them up, and decided to tweak it to work with his bone, and his ability to throw it.
Special Attack: 'Quake 'Rang (Ground)
Brutus charges Ground energy into his bone before throwing it as he would a Bonemerang. The bone shakes violently as it travels through the air, the Ground energy working as a direct contact Earthquake on the bone. When the bone strikes an object, usually the opponent, it transfers the energy into it, shaking it violently like a direct contact Earthquake was used on them. The bone does not return to Brutus as it would if it were a Bonemerang, however, as the shaking makes it impossible to throw it on such a course. The attack does damage of about .9x that of a direct contact Earthquake, using energy about 1.1x that of a direct contact Earthquake. This move can be used twice a battle.

Victoria: Female Furret (level 3)
Biography: Victoria loves the attacks Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch, however, she dislikes the fact that she can only use two of them per round, so she has combined the three for the Ultimate Punch attack.
Special Attack: Ultimate Punch (Normal)
Victoria takes Ice, Fire, and Electric energy that would normally be used for the elemental punches and combines it all into one big punch, this attack does damage slightly lower than Hyper Beam with energy usage about the same as Hyper Beam, this attack has a 5% chance of partial freezing, a 5% chance of causing a burn, and a 5% chance of partial paralysis. This attack can only be used twice per battle.

Ismene: Female Gardevoir (level 3)
Sigless

Maxim: Male Machoke (level 3)
Bio: Maxim has a slight problem with his belt. This problem is that he doesn't like the fact that it only has two settings. So what did he do? He tried to "crank it up to 11". Unfortunately that didn't quite work and he just ended up breaking it. So instead he decided to attempt to crank up the power of any boosts he lays upon himself. Though they have to rely on Maxim's "protective" nature.
Special Training: MAXED OUT!
Any boosting move Maxim uses that boosts his Defense, or Speed grants an extra bonus to that stat of roughly 25% that of the original boost itself, and uses 25% more energy. Maxim cannot adjust the settings on his belt at any time. Any boost to Maxim's Special Attack or Special Defense only grants 75% that of the normal boost.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Slash
Poison Jam

> Marowak

et tu, brute?
As may be expected though, our clear winner here was Kairne, ASB's champion of prioritizing the pokemon you like over those that are objectively better. I mean, one of his mains is a Watchog.
Quote:
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 09-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Sneaze

Stop before I get a Ghost named Ceasar.

Quote:
Old 09-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Porygon-Z And the beginning will be...The Internets!!!

Damn you and your squad Sneezy I want to bring evolved pokes. ;;

Juggernaut: Level 4 Metang

Winter: Level 3 Froslass

Grimbolt: Level 3 Shedinja

The Internets: Level 3 Porygon2

Diamondhead: Level 3 Steelix

Dynamo: Level 3 Electrode
Bio: Dynamo is very explosive. Well, he has an explosive personality. He never liked to explode. He felt that it was too, I don't know, risky? He had a talent, though, for being a shocker in matches. He had such a talent, that he could learn moves that normal Voltorb could not learn.
Special Training: I would rather shock you than boom you.(ELE)
Due to his hatred of explosions and love of electricity, he has learned the following moves: Volt Tackle, Discharge, and Bolt Strike. However, he has lost the moves: Self-Destruct, and Explosion, and, no longer will explode upon fainting. Also, since people are really stubborn and partially stupid, he also loses the moves Signal Beam, Gyro Ball, and Teleport.

Oh look here, evolved Pokes. I guess a lot more of them evolve than I thought.

Starting out with The Internets, my crazy Porygon2.

The Internets: Time to wreck some havoc on these fools.

Fuck these crabs
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
Sneaze

Obvious Baton Pass trap is obvious.

"Brutus. End it. Stealth Rock into Swords Dance."

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

I have got to read more descriptions sometime.

Psych Up to Skull Bash.

Fuck these crabs
Old 09-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
Slash
Poison Jam

Round One: Et Tu, Brute?

Sneezey, who should totally add Caesar's ghost, sends out the man who stabbed him (sorry if that's spoilers, but it really shouldn't be), Brutus, a Marowak. Blaze responds in turn with a sleek, smooth mineral: Porygon version 2.0, named The Internets.

Quote:
Marowak: (Ground) Marowak's face is covered by a skull, which it will not remove willingly. If the helmet is shattered, it will cost 1 SP or 1 battle for Marowak to go and find another. Marowak may not use its respective bone attacks if it is not holding its bone.
Porygon2: (Normal) Porygon2 is sleeker, and hence faster than Porygon, but less agile. Porygon and Porygon2 are capable of hovering, which gives them greater maneuverability but restricts how high they can fly (about 10 feet above the surface or so, though they typically float about a foot off the ground unless ordered otherwise).
Brutus expends some energy of a semi-familiar type, the Rock type, bringing stones up from the earth. These fly up and smack the levitating cyberduck for a decent it, before receding back into the earth, Stealthily concealing themselves under the earth. The Internets uses his infamous Psychosis, and creates a short mental link between the two, but since nothing significant has happened, this makes no real change to his mindset, although it uses Up some good energy.

Seeing this spectacle, Brutus brandishes his bone-blade like a Sword, and starts to spin around. This spin seems to be a traditional Dance in his Roman culture, as second-nature to him as stabbing Caesar, and it boosts his power and fighting spirit for the match at hand. The Internets then lowers his duck head, forging a cap on him Skull out of normal energy. This glowing cap leads the way as he charges at the battle-ready Marowak, who gets a firm Bashing from it.

Brutus took more damage here, but is also much more battle ready. His attack is boosted. He used some nice energy, but it wasn't too heavy a strain.

The Internets has taken a nice hit. He used just a tad more energy here than Brutus, but he's still fresh as well.

Blaze.
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 09-27-2012, 04:32 AM   #9
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

That moment where you realize you should have specified when to do it.

And god dammit I could have sworn that Porygon got Confuse Ray.

Tri Attack to...uh...Tri Attack?

Fuck these crabs
Old 09-27-2012, 04:40 AM   #10
Sneaze

>implying Psych Up would copy a Swords Dance

"'Quake 'Rang. Skull Bash. Full charge Focus Punch. Pick up your bone if it doesn't count as a move."

THREE.

Quote:

Last edited by Sneaze; 09-27-2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Helps if I order the right second move. =p
Old 09-27-2012, 04:41 AM   #11
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

FML SHOULD HAVE ORDERED BARRIER

Fuck these crabs
Old 09-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #12
Sneaze

Quote:
Old 09-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #13
Slash
Poison Jam

Round Two: Et Two, Brute?

Puns.

And Psych Up would have had a slight effect on battle-readiness, but that would have been minimal. Very.

Brutus decides to put a spin on an old favourite, quite literally, by pushing a little bit more than an EarthQuake's energy into his bone (if this was I_D's sig, it would be twice the energy for one and a half times the power), and chucking it like a Boom'Rang, it shaking in its flight path before striking the floating dick, transferring a nice blow as it hits. The bone flies up and lands a decent bit of distance away, sliding a short bit before a rock stops its sliding path. It's just a few metres away, which is nothing, but it will take a move to pick it up.

After taking the boosted blow, The Internets decides to create an Attack that his line is well-known for, grabbing a light amount of fire, ice, and electric energy into a Tri-coloured beam which shoots at Brutus in a dazzling spiral, hitting for slightly less than normal damage due to his electric immunity. This causes no lasting effects on Brutus, so he decides to use his head for a nice charge. He lowers his bone Skull, creating a glowing energy cap atop it with the intent to buffer his head, and charges at the cyberduck, Bashing into him with his powered-up head, dealing some extremely nice damage.

The Internets decides to use his standard Attack again, a Tri-coloured beam, which hits Marowak again. It would paralyse, but Marowak is immune to electrical paralysis by dint of being a Ground-type. Marowak is unfazed, but exhausted, as he Focuses a burnt orange glow into his fist. Charging it or a fair few seconds, he swings the Punch at the cyberduck. However, due to the magic of bitchwhine, the duck gets a partial dodge. However, even a majority of the full blow is enough, and Porygon2 still falls.

DDOS Attack! The Internet's servers are down! Next Pokemon is needed from Blaze!

Brutus is exhausted beyond all belief from that round, using a whopping half of his energy total. This means he needs a definite rest, but he also only lost a quarter of his health this round, so he's nicely above half, just closer to it than three-quarters, there. Due to the sheer energy strain, his boost is fading a bit faster. Quite frankly, he needs a one mover at the very most next round.
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Last edited by Slash; 09-27-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #14
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

So....even though he was exhausted a FC Focus Punch was able to execute quickly and fully hit?

Wat.

Fuck these crabs
Old 09-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
Slash
Poison Jam

I don't even normally roll idle dodge, but I actually did this time, and nope. And he started getting exhausted as he was charging it (i.e., in the middle of him pouring energy into his fist). And Pory2 wasn't really idle anyway.
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 09-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #16
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

I would think that using the equivalent of two hyper beams worth of energy would wear someone out.

And WTF I had iniative. I probably should have attacked first anyways.

Fuck these crabs
Old 09-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #17
Slash
Poison Jam

Re-reffed.
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 09-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #18
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

They say a good compromise leaves no party happy.

And guessing that the "magic of bitchwine" means you are unhappy. My job is done.

This is so going to bite me in the ass.

Go, Winter.

Ice Beam times two.

Fuck these crabs
Old 09-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
Sneaze

LOOK! PREDICTABLE!

"Stealth Rock will buy you a brief moment so set up a Rock Tomb around your foe."

lolololpermasolidGhosts

Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #20
Slash
Poison Jam

Round Three: Insert Repeated Brutus Joke Here

Recalling The Internets, Blaze sends out a graceful Froslass, very aptly named Winter. Here's her data:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri
Froslass is primarily solid, though it can go ethereal for decent periods of time. Froslass's invisibility is imperfect, always leaving an icy glimmer behind, but it allows it to still hide in dark areas and ice, snow and other white or lightly colored areas.
However, since there seems to have been discussion about it other than that (plus I trust Sneezey to know his Ghosts), I'll say she can go mostly ethereal-ish, but can't pass through solid matter easily, having to do it actively, and is not the quickest to change states.

She comes out, and almost instantly is hit by the Stealth Rocks hidden in the arena, which hit her for some nice damage right away.

She's fresh as hell, though, and it only fazes her for a second. She forms a Beam out of her native energy, shooting it at Brutus for some pretty huge damage, as the Ice hits his Ground nature hard.

Brutus stomps the ground as Froslass starts to fire a second Beam, and most of the Icy attack gets through the gaps as the Tomb slowly closes around her. Brutus still gets a hefty blow to him, however, as the majority of the beam still gets him. The tomb closes over the Ice-type, although there are some slightly larger gaps between the Rock than normal, but not enough to aim a beam or anything. Still, she can't get through solid.

Brutus just dropped below a quarter health. He used only a decent chunk of energy, and appreciates it. He'll be much more energetic now.

Froslass took no damage, and energy use wasn't too taxing.

Sneezey
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 10-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #21
Sneaze

It was recently ruled Froslass is permasolid, unless a ruling got placed over that.

"Just be prepared for her to break out and Iron Head her when she does. Rock Slide afterwards to retrap her."

Edit: Note that having been gone for TWO FUKKEN YEARS, and thus being prone to missing random rulings, if Froslass is not permasolid I reserve the right to change my orders.

Quote:

Last edited by Sneaze; 10-01-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:32 AM   #22
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Don't worry, it won't matter with what I have in mind.

Headbutt part of the tomb so that you can open a hole, not big enough to get out of but big enough to fire off an Ice Beam at Brutus. Don't get out of the tomb.

Fuck these crabs
Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #23
Slash
Poison Jam

Dewott Round Four: Be the Pokemon

Brutus is watching the Tomb like a hawk, vigilant for a response from Froslass. Inside the Tomb, she decides he isn't ready to leave yet, but needs to be able to make an offense. She Headbutts the gap between the rocks, expanding the gap a bit, so she can aim. What she didn't count on, however, was Brutus taking that for an escape attempt, and charging off without a second look. Coating his Head with an Iron shell, he busts into the tomb, and her, dealing some nice damage, but causing a bit of recoil as the entire front third of the tomb falls, some hitting his body, not his head.

Froslass continues on the track she was on, and fires a Beam of cold energy at Brutus. The Ice attack overpowers the Ground-type, and he falls.

Brutus is unable to battle! Next Pokemon from Sneezey!

Froslass dropped a small chunk under three-quarters health here. She's used just about a third of her energy.
Quote:

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
Daisy Art:

Random stuffs:

Old 10-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #24
Sneaze

Apparently Froslass is no longer perma-solid. Boo.

"Victoria, time to shine. Flamethrower into Shadow Ball."

Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #25
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Fake Tears to Confuse Ray.

Fuck these crabs