UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

UPN PASBL: Charminions vs. Celebii151

Another match for Charm and Cel that I've picked up. Blah blah blah stats.

Charminions(c) vs Celebii151(a)
3v3
Singles
Equilevel
48 HR DQ (RF when possible)
Slapstick
Switch = KO
Area 51

Loving these arena choices

Quote:
Area 51 (Advanced Outdoor Arena): The place is about 1 kilometer long in both directions and the trainers will be teleported to the battle. There are about 30 hangars and buildings where they build UFOs, researching and such. In two of these buildings there are real aliens and if that building would be destroyed and the alien would escape then both trainers should expect a third opponent. The battle will be performed nighttime and there are military there but not many because they are trying to control the alien, that wont matter because the battlers are not invisible and can't be seen of the military. The pokemon can't be outside the fence that surrounds the arena because then a alarm will go off and that pokemon will be automatically KO'ed and returned by the trainer.
Special rules: wild pokemon: sandshrew, sandslash, clefairy, clefable. If the alien escapes and attacks the battlers, it's attacks will be psychic, reflect, flamethrower and double team. When something is destroyed guards can come forward and shoot wild around them. If a bullet would hit a pokemon, it will feel like a Skull Bash attack.
Charminion start us off with your squad.

Gaming Pic
Spoiler: show

PASBL
Wild Future
zerozoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
For the record, this arena is retarded. Can we at least remove the auto outside fence KO, please?

EDIT: Apparently, putting matches on hold is unallowed. Postponing for a day or two, hopefully.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!

Last edited by Celebii151; 09-22-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Thanks for taking another match, Zero. Good luck, Cele. The arena is pretty big so I don't see how removing the auto KO would make a difference.

Hawkeye Level 4 Female Pidgeot
No Signature Move

Mr. Kill Level 3 Male Hitmonchan
Special Attack - Death Punch (Dark)
Mr. Kill charges solid dark energy into his fist before punching the air, releasing the energy in the form of a fist which flies forward, hitting the opponent for solid damage and having a 10% chance to flinch the opponent. Mr. Kill can use a Direct Contact version of this, which works the same as the elemental punches except with dark energy and still maintaining the 10% flinch chance. The Direct Contact version uses half the Dark energy of the ranged version. Mr. Kill can use the ranged version twice or the direct contact version 4 times or a combination of the two (two DC and one ranged).

Boltman Level 3 Male Electabuzz
Special Training - Ice Power (Ice)
After extensive training with the ice pokemon near Snowpoint City, Boltman's Hidden Power is now of the Ice typing. He has enough ice energy for 3 uses of this move, however, he has forgotten Ice Punch because he doesn't feel the need to use ice energy for close range since he has multiple close ranged attacks.

Bones Level 3 Male Marowak
Special Attack - Bone Switch (Ground)
This is basically a Ground type Volt Switch. Bones charges a significant amount of ground energy into his bone. He then throws the bone at his target, dealing moderate damage to it. Then the bone returns to his hand, similarly to a Bonemerang. The rest of the energy is used to force Bones into his pokeball while a different pokemon takes his place with the same Psychological and physical mindset as Bones. The bone is set to return to Bones' hand so even if the attack were to miss, the bone would return back in his hand and the switch would occur unless the bone was physically stopped before returning to his hand. This is allowed in a Switch=KO match like Volt Switch, U-turn, and Baton Pass. This can only be used once per battle.

Shinka Level 3 Female Ninetales
Special Attack - Dawn Burst (Fire)
Shinka charges solid fire energy before releasing a ball of white fire at her target. The white fireball only deals mild damage but has a 55% chance of burning the area hit. She has forgotten Will-o-Wisp and can only use this signature move up to 4 times per battle.

Riff Level 3 Male Crawdaunt
No Signature Move
Old 09-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Good luck Charm, thanks for reffing Zero. Let's make this Equilevel 3.

Dia: Level 3 Male Sableye
Sableye: (Dark/Ghost) See ghost Pokemon rules, all ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle. Sableye can see in the dark. Due to their keen eyesight, Sableye's accuracy cannot be lowered.
Dark types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
See the ghost Pokémon rules and individual Pokémon listing.
Bio: Every team has a prankster. For my team, it’s Dia. He was found on Mt. Pyre, when he set a pitfall trap for me. He helped me out, and was added to my squad. He loves to play practical jokes on the other members of my squad, that coming naturally to a Ghost-Type like him. He is a big talker but usually cannot back it up, relying on verbal assaults and special attacks over hand-to-hand combat. He also has an eternal fear of Fighting-Types, creating a lot of tension between him and Rampage. Thankfully, after countless experiments, he learnt a technique to protect him from the power of Fighting-Type.
Special Training: Mental Combat (Psychic)
Dia is familiar with the Psychic Type, being able to use Extrasensory, Hypnosis and Psyshock. He cannot use Low Sweep, Metal Burst, Foul Play, Fury Cutter or Poison Jab, as he prefers to use his mind to fight. He cannot use Psychic to lift Pokemon/doesn't have telekineic powers.

Alpha: Level 3 Male Alakazam
Alakazam (Psychic): An Alakazam has one of the most acute minds amongst Pokémon, with the exception of some legendaries. Thus, any mentally effecting attack or hallucination-inducing move will be less effective (and less likely to succeed) against one.
Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
Bio: Alpha was the first and oldest Abra ever to exist. Being the first, his mental capabilities never surpassed his Kadabra form, and thus is a bit dumber than the average Alakazam. Fortunately, he got to keep his Kadabra form's abilities.
Special Training: Mind Alteration (Psychic)
Alpha now has Kadabra's SC in exchange for Alakazam's SC. He can also use Hypnosis for 25% more energy because it makes sense.

Silverbolt: Level 3 Male Skarmory
Skarmory: (Steel/Flying) Skarmory's skin is in response to the barbous places in which they live, so piercing or scratching attacks do less damage than normal against them.
Steel types, like rock types, have hard bodies, making them resistant to unskilled physical blows, and sink in water. While not bothered by water to the degree rock types are, they still would rather fight out of the water. Unlike rock types, most steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones.
Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation. When standing on the ground, they take 1x damage from Electric moves.
Bio: While travelling through Sinnoh, I came across a village. Tired from strenuous training and adventuring, I asked if I could stay a night. They refused to let me stay, as in their desperate times, they don't need any burdens to carry around. I asked them what was troubling them and they replied that their sweet civilization was being terrorized by aliens. Learning that these guys were complete idiots, I decided to seek out the elders. Now in the company of people with sense, they quickly identified me as a PKMN Trainer; someone who could help. They told me that every once in a while silver lightining would flash, and a Skarmory would appear, tearing apart houses, stealing food among other things. I decided to help them, seeing this a a prime opportunity to catch a new flier, having just released my Pidgeotto, after it unleashed a Hurricane that wasn't Hyper Beam strength. The next time the lightning flashed, I sprung into action, taking Inferno and Neon with me. The Skarmory was way too fast for us, but after it retreated, we didn't give up. We found it on the floor, injured a few miles away. Using my Pokemon as translators, the Skarmory told me that he was blessed with electric prowess, something he didn't want, as it hurt him. We asked him how he got it, and he said that Arceus bestowed it upon him. We pondered on hw wecould get rid of it, and we came up with a brilliant idea. He should learn how to manipulate the earth. If he does, it will counter-act the electricity and he will be back to normal. Kirin was desperate to get the electricity out of him and he trained so hard, that he picked up a few moves. As thanks to us, he joined our team.
Special Training: Earthen Bird (Ground)
Silverbolt is familiar with the Ground-Type, having the amount of Ground Energy that a Water-Type has Ice Energy. He has learnt Hidden Power Ground, EarthQuake, Mud Shot and Drill Run. He has forgotten Pursuit, Assurance, Guard Swap, Sky Attack, Curse, Tailwind, Autotomize, Double-Edge, Slash, Feint, Payback and Theif. He also has a 1.5x weakness to the Water-Type.

Sheogorath: Level 3 Male Sigilyph
Sigilyph: (Psychic/Flying) Sigilyph don’t actually fly, but rather appear to float. Their floating is quite dynamic and resembles flying, but they can stop their momentum and change direction easily.
Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation. When standing on the ground, they take 1x damage from Electric moves.
Sigless

Vaermina: Level 3 Female Haunter
Haunter (Ghost/Poison): Haunter, while more solid than its preevolution and able to solidify, is composed primarily of gas, and prefers Gaseous or Ethereal over Solid. Haunter's hands can move independently of it and can move with agility and decent speed. They are able to pass through solid objects even when Haunter is Solid or Gaseous, with somewhat more freedom to pass through objects than Haunter itself, allowing them to pass through thicker walls or other objects. All ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle. Haunter’s Lick attack has a 50% chance to paralyze, instead of the usual 30%. Haunter can see in the dark.
Ghost Rules: The middle of the three possibly solid ghosts. When not expecting them, physical attacks will most often miss, yet they do have a solid chance of hitting (about 40%). Haunter may go physical in order to use physical attacks but prefers to remain in the ethereal or gaseous modes. Haunter can fly, though it is not as fast or agile as true flying pokémon and cannot fly as high as they can. It can see in the dark.
If not completely immune, poison types are highly resistant to poisoning.
Sigless

Sapphire: Level 3 Female Dragonair
Dragonair: (Dragon) Dragonair are capable of flight, though it is levitation through an unknown method that allows them to do so without wings. This, however, allows them to hover in the air, though they are more agile than fast. Sunny Day or Rain Dance will last one round longer than normal if used by a Dragonair.
Dragons tend to be good swimmers and fliers. However, they hate cold weather.
Bio: She was found in the region of Hoenn, in Mossdeep city. I was surprised to find a Dratini there shivering on the shores of Mossdeep. Rushing her to a Pokemon Center, I waited outside, worrying about that poor Dratini. The Nurse informed me that she was making a steady recovery. After that was all over, the Dratini told me about its story, and I used Katoptris as a translator. She originally lived with her family, in Mt. Coronet, and ideal place for Pokemon as rare as Dratini to live. One day, poachers attacked her home, with the logo of a 'G' on their uniforms. They wanted Dratinis to sell, because they were rare Pokemon. Sapphire, being the bold Dratini she is, she stood up to them, and though she had no chance from the start, she put up a good fight, but in the end, she was captured. Fortunately, these were stupid poachers, and were quickly captured by the local authorities on their escaping. Thinking that this Dratini was native to Kanto, they decided to take her back to her 'home.' On the voyage back, they were caught in a fierce storm, and they were shipwrecked. Sapphire sank to the bottom of the sea, her last sight being a serpentine shadow swimming over her. When she came to, she was surrounded by Milotic and Gyarados. They had helped her to live. She had nowhere else to go, so she politely thanked them and asked if she could live with them. They replied with nods in unison. After monhs of living with them, Sapphire became accustomed to water, being able to stay underwater for long periods of time. But once again, she let her boldness and curiosity get the best of her, accepting a dare from one of the local Remoraid, to go the surface for a day. At first it seemed fine, until another storm started up again, sending Sapphire far from her home. Passing out again, she woke up at Mossdeep City, barely alive. It was then that I found her and saved her life. As gratitude, she joined my team.
Sig Pending

Vaermina, let's go!

PASBL Record

Last edited by Celebii151; 09-23-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Boltman to the rescue!

Charge Beam. Discharge.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

It's a night fight, so you should be a little hard to see. Sludge Wave through the Discharge. Then Toxic.

PASBL Record

Old 09-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Off to area 51

Getting the boring stuff out of the way.

Quote:
Electabuzz (Electric): If an Electabuzz sees the color red, it may launch into a blind rage. While in this rage, an Electabuzz’s attack is doubled, at the expense of a halved defense. A trainer may, with a note in their bio, however, say they’ve trained Electabuzz not to respond to red. However, Electabuzz will lose the ability to go into this rage if they do so.
[Electric]: Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
Quote:
Haunter (Ghost/Poison): Haunter, while more solid than its preevolution and able to solidify, is composed primarily of gas, and prefers Gaseous or Ethereal over Solid. Haunter's hands can move independently of it and can move with agility and decent speed. They are able to pass through solid objects even when Haunter is Solid or Gaseous, with somewhat more freedom to pass through objects than Haunter itself, allowing them to pass through thicker walls or other objects. All ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle. Haunter’s Lick attack has a 50% chance to paralyze, instead of the usual 30%. Haunter can see in the dark.
Ghost Rules: The middle of the three possibly solid ghosts. When not expecting them, physical attacks will most often miss, yet they do have a solid chance of hitting (about 40%). Haunter may go physical in order to use physical attacks but prefers to remain in the ethereal or gaseous modes. Haunter can fly, though it is not as fast or agile as true flying pokémon and cannot fly as high as they can. It can see in the dark.
If not completely immune, poison types are highly resistant to poisoning.
Why do the ghost rules seem so complicated?

Being night Haunter would naturally have the advantage, but this is a freaking military base that never sleeps so there are lights scattered around the area making it slightly easier for Electrabuzz to see. Boltman doesn't seem to think that there's enough light around and fires a Charge Beam at Haunter damaging him and illuminating the darkness at the same time. The left over energy boosts Boltmans attack as Haunter summons a tsunami wave of poison a Sludge Wave to be precise, soon after Boltman get's his poison bath he fires a Discharge slams into him for more damage. Not wanting to end the round without doing a thing Haunter spits a clump of Toxic slime onto boltman.

Boltman took significant damage and has a boost in SpAtk that will last a few turns.

Haunter who saw the attacks coming and was able to change form in order to avoid extra damage is still not looking to good. He took extreme damage, energy us was significant.

Cel.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 09-23-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Except no because Haunter gets Sludge Wave from the Dream World.

PASBL Record

Old 09-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #9
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Fixed that problem. Still don't know why it wasn't listed as an attack that his evolution's would know.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Clear Smog to Venoshock.

PASBL Record

Old 09-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Ghosts can idly change form now?

Psychic wave through that smog. Then another Psychic wave for fun.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

I have no idea how to ref the crazy ghost rules

For now let's just say some weird energy coming from deep inside area 51 allowed Haunter to idly change states last round I'm not being lazy, the staff of area 51 now have it under control and Haunter must be ordered into other states.

As for my misorders regarding Sludge Waves true intentions I've restored a little health to both battlers.

A round of status abuse and type spam, just another typical round for ASB. Haunter starts us of by spitting up yet another glob of poison that... somehow clears smog....riiiighhhht anyways the glob never reaches Boltman as he releases a Psychic wave of energy the halts the momentum of the poison causing it to fall to the ground as the remainder of the wave collides with Haunter. Okay Haunter please stop spitting at your opponent already three times now with that Venoshock that has a very bad chemical reaction with Boltmans first dose of poison. Disregarding the pain Boltman gathers the last of his Psychic energy and fires another Psychic at Haunter who takes the full brunt of the attack.

So unless I'm messing up the ghost rules Haunter took a ton of damage this round from the SE, the speacial attack boost and gaseous state attack bonus and is now in his final quarter of health with only Decent health remaining. If I have goofed on this could one of you post a link to some less confusing ghost rules.

Boltman took heavy damage with the toxic kicking in.

Charm.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #13
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Shock Wave. Another if needed.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Actually, yes, ghosts can idly change form.

He's used way more energy than you in the last two rounds, so you should be able to get off a quick Confuse Ray. Then get up close and Selfdestruct.

PASBL Record

Last edited by Celebii151; 10-01-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #15
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Really getting tired of reffing all these ghosts

Time to redo the numbers for yet ANOTHER GHOST! Sorry about that but I've been having a ruff time dealing with this Pokemon type when it comes to reffing. With the ref finally fixing his ghost reffing Haunter has a significant amount of health left, not that it changes much of what happens this round.

Being slightly more tired than the ghost due to a small increase in energy cost Boltman is unable to get his Charge Beam off before a Confuse Ray sends him for a mental roller coaster. In its infinite wisdom Gamefreak decided to let ghosts Explode- yeah that makes perfect sense- and boy does it hurt both parties. This also causes some damage to the area creating a small whole in a nearby wall which unearthly sound can be heard coming from the other side, we might have just woke up some aliens on the wrong side of the bed. Putting the impending danger aside Haunter goes down after the explosion unable to battle while Boltman takes some more damage from the toxic.

Haunter is unable to battle next Pokemon and orders Celebii.

Boltman only has a major amount of health left, but did get a nice breather in this round.

Cel.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

1. He ordered Shock Wave
2. I ordered Selfdestruct

PASBL Record

Old 10-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #17
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

But those are minor points so:

Return, Vaermina.

Alpha, you're up! (Released near Boltman) Psychic x2.

PASBL Record

Old 10-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
Charminions
Your reality is mine

The first Psychic will push you back, so don't worry about that mind raping stuff. Then Protect from the second one and hurl up a Toxic.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #19
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Toxic has to be the most abused move in the league.

Up next for Celebii is one of the old school kings Alakazam named Alpha.

Quote:
Alakazam (Psychic): An Alakazam has one of the most acute minds amongst Pokémon, with the exception of some legendaries. Thus, any mentally effecting attack or hallucination-inducing move will be less effective (and less likely to succeed) against one.
[Psychic]: Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
Trying to finish off were his ally had left off Alpha tries to KO Boltman with not one but two Psychic blasts. Boltman takes the first one while catching a slight breather before throwing up a Protective barrier against the second one. The attack may have not harmed the intended target but it did it did cause some more damage to the surrounding area which catches the attention of some soldiers who start towards the two battlers as Boltman finishes the round with a Toxic.

Boltman only has a decent amount of life left in him and he is feeling tired and would like a breather soon.

Alakazam with start to suffer from the Toxic next round.

Charminions.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 10-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #20
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Electroweb. Then Signal Beam if you're still kickin'.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Psychic to knock the Electroweb away and strike the tired Electabuzz.

PASBL Record

Old 10-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #22
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Why does he even get electroweb?

Sometimes I get the feeling gamefreak is high when they decide to do some of these things. Being quite tired Boltman takes a few second to form an electric web to tie his opponent down but the fresher Pokemon has no trouble knocking back the web and KOing Boltman in the process. Alpha then shudders as the poison starts to take effect.

New Pokemon and orders Charm.

Alpha took some light damage from the poison.

Charm.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 10-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #23
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Shinka, I need to use you more often.

Flamethrower, Dawn Burst.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #24
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Light Screen, Psychic.

PASBL Record

Old 10-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #25
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

New Pokemon is sent in Shinka a Ninetales.

Quote:
Ninetales (Fire): As foxes, Vulpix and Ninetales are more inclined to combat by deception. They can go twice as far while invisible using Faint Attack, Confuse Ray is more effective, and their Double Team produces one additional copy. Vulpix and Ninetales have sensitive hearing, at the expense of greater vulnerability to sound attacks.
[Fire]: Fire types love hot temperatures. Most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of Magby, Magmar, Slugma and Magcargo). If a fire Pokémon has a flame somewhere on its body, it will take extra damage if a water attack hits the flame. Otherwise, fire Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except for the above 4 Pokémon, who will take damage the longer they are in the water). Instead of being automatically 2x weak to Water, they take 150% of the damage if hit on their bodies, but take 210+% if hit on open flames.
Light Screen makes reffing really boring to do as it negates all of Shinka's attacks which the last one finally breaks the accursed barrier. Leaving Alpha to fire of another wave of Psychic energy that like the others causes some damage to the surroundings causing the nearby guards to open fire on the area the stray bullets that hit both combatants for considerable damage. The round ends with a bizarre hand reaching outside of the hole in the wall.

Shinka is out of the first quarter of health now.

Alph is close to leaving his first quarter of health.

Celebii.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL