UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

UPN PASBL: Charminions vs. Sneezey12

Never reffed for either of these battlers before, but it seems that Sneezey and myself have rather rough luck with refs.

Charminions (c) vs. Sneezey12 (a)
3v3
Doubles
Equilevel 1
48 HR DQ (RF when possible)
Slapstick
Switch = KO
Silver Star Mountain: Brewer's Pond

Interesting arena choice I should be able to have fun with this.

Quote:
Silver Star Mountain: Brewer's Pond (Outdoor Custom Arena): A Frozen Pond at the Silver Star Mountain Resort in Vernon BC. The pond is a slightly deformed Doughnut, with an island in the middle. The entire pond has a diameter of roughly 150 feet. The island is about 10-15 feet tall, complete with evergreen trees and about 3 feet of snow. Around the trees, there are shallow ditches like in real life, and pokemon could be injured if they fall into them. The island is roughly 75 feet in diameter, which means between the edge of the pond and the island, the pond is about 30-45 feet wide, depending on where you are in the pond. There is no snow on the ice, however, as it has been cleaned off. The ice is about 3 feet thick, with 4 feet of water below it. It is thinner near the island and edges of the pond however, at only 1.5 feet, and is easily broken in this area. To the West side, There is a small Wooden Hut, where fire wood is kept, and there is a fire pit next to it. To the south, is "Tube Town", which will probably be explained in another arena, so you don't really have to worry about that too much. This Picture Shows the bottom of Tube Town, and To the Right, you can see part of the pond and Island.
Special Rules: Water under Ice, Thin Ice, Wild Pokemon
Water under ice: explained in the arena description, 4 feet under in the middle of the pond, and 5.5 feet around the edges. Changing weather conditions: The weather could change suddenly, at any moment, ranging from a full force blizzard, to hail, to light snow.
Thin Ice: Around the edge of the pond, and edge of the island, the ice is only 1.5 feet thick, and can be broken easily.
Wild Pokemon: Mountain and Water Mountain Pokemon can appear from time to time, and some Small Fish Pokemon Live in the Pond Underneath the Ice.
Tips: Movement around the Island And Pond is Encouraged, and can be very Helpful as The Island can provide good hiding places, and act as a shield from attacks. Standing Underneath Trees is Not encouraged however, as the ditches can be hazardous, as well as snow falling from trees can act as a trap.
Don't think I need to write all the order stuff out, so Charminions start us off with your squad and we'll move on from there.

Gaming Pic
Spoiler: show

PASBL
Wild Future
zerozoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Coolio. Good luck, Sneezey, I'm really scared of whatever crazy orders you'll pull in this match. Thanks for taking this, Zero.

Apollo Level 4 Male Blaziken
Special Training – Solarspeed
Whenever the arena is sunny (Sunny Day in effect), Apollo will feel pumped up and ready to move, and as such his speed will increase equal to the speed boost of a Dragon Dance. Similarly to Dragon Dance, movement while under the sun will consume slightly more energy. This signature activates automatically when sunny and as such, deactivates if the arena were not to be sunny throughout the battle.

Boltman Level 3 Male Electabuzz
Special Training - Ice Power (Ice)
After extensive training with the ice pokemon near Snowpoint City, Boltman's Hidden Power is now of the Ice typing. He has enough ice energy for 3 uses of this move, however, he has forgotten Ice Punch because he doesn't feel the need to use ice energy for close range since he has multiple close ranged attacks.

Bones Level 3 Male Marowak
Special Attack - Bone Switch (Ground)
This is basically a Ground type Volt Switch. Bones charges a significant amount of ground energy into his bone. He then throws the bone at his target, dealing moderate damage to it. Then the bone returns to his hand, similarly to a Bonemerang. The rest of the energy is used to force Bones into his pokeball while a different pokemon takes his place with the same Psychological and physical mindset as Bones. The bone is set to return to Bones' hand so even if the attack were to miss, the bone would return back in his hand and the switch would occur unless the bone was physically stopped before returning to his hand. This is allowed in a Switch=KO match like Volt Switch, U-turn, and Baton Pass. This can only be used once per battle.

Riff Level 3 Male Crawdaunt
No Signature Move

Krosis Level 3 Male Houndoom
Special Training - The Devil's Flames (Dark/Fire)
For an extra 50% energy cost, Krosis is able pump dark energy into any of his fire attacks that turns the fire to change to a black color. This black fire version of the attack will do an additional 25% of dark type damage plus the regular amount of fire damage. Along with this, it is 5% more likely to inflict a burn on the opponent. Using a "black fire attack" will take slightly longer to charge due to the extra energy needed to charge it. Using a black fire attack will require me to order "Dark ____" if I wish to order for it. (e.g. Dark Flamethrower). Krosis can only use a black fire attack up to 3 times in a match.

Level 3 Male Aerodactyl
Special Attack - Rock Wing (Rock)
Basically a Rock-type Steel Wing, except his wings glow dark brown instead of a metallic silver. Energy usage is equivalent to a Steel Wing but it will deal significant damage to soft bodies while only dealing decent damage to hard bodies. Damage will be in between significant and decent (around solid damage) if the body isn't soft or hard enough to be classified as either.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Maxim: Male Machoke (level 1)
Bio: Maxim has a slight problem with his belt. This problem is that he doesn't like the fact that it only has two settings. So what did he do? He tried to "crank it up to 11". Unfortunately that didn't quite work and he just ended up breaking it. So instead he decided to attempt to crank up the power of any boosts he lays upon himself. Though they have to rely on Maxim's "protective" nature.
Special Training: MAXED OUT!
Any boosting move Maxim uses that boosts his Defense, or Speed grants an extra bonus to that stat of roughly 25% that of the original boost itself, and uses 25% more energy. Maxim cannot adjust the settings on his belt at any time. Any boost to Maxim's Special Attack or Special Defense only grants 75% that of the normal boost.

Brutus: Male Marowak (level 1)
Biography: Brutus is well... a brute. He loves getting up close and personal with his opponents, but this obviously means that Flying Pokemon are even more of a bane to him than normal. While he did know how to hit them at a distance, nothing really seemed to... shake them the way he liked to throw off the enemies that were rooted to the ground. He was inspired by the idea that the energy from Earthquake could be transfered directly into an enemy to shake them up, and decided to tweak it to work with his bone, and his ability to throw it.
Special Attack: 'Quake 'Rang (Ground)
Brutus charges Ground energy into his bone before throwing it as he would a Bonemerang. The bone shakes violently as it travels through the air, the Ground energy working as a direct contact Earthquake on the bone. When the bone strikes an object, usually the opponent, it transfers the energy into it, shaking it violently like a direct contact Earthquake was used on them. The bone does not return to Brutus as it would if it were a Bonemerang, however, as the shaking makes it impossible to throw it on such a course. The attack does damage of about .9x that of a direct contact Earthquake, using energy about 1.1x that of a direct contact Earthquake. This move can be used twice a battle.

R-66Y aka "Robo": Genderless Golett (level 1)
Sigless

Perdita: Female Drifloon (level 1)
Sigless

Ismene: Female Gardevoir (level 1)
Sigless

Amelia: Female Noctowl (level 1)
Biography: Amelia is a wise and courageous Noctowl, often offering sage advice to those who need it. It is her firm belief that any battle can be won if you push yourself to your limit and beyond, and it is this belief that she instills in her teammates.
Special Training: Stand and Fight!
Once per match, in any match that Amelia has a battle partner, should her partner be knocked out due to running out of health, the partner will instead remain conscious, but only with enough health that they will be knocked out with even the lightest of blows. This effect does not occur if the partner would be knocked out due to energy loss or via Destiny Bond and the like.

"Brutus and Maxim. Time to wreck some serious shit."

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Riff (sent a good distance away from them) and Aerodactyl (in the air).

Aerodactyl, ascend while you blow Maxim away with Twister x2.

Riff, keep Brutus at bay with a Water Pulse Wave and Bubblebeam.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
Sneaze

"Brutus, Bide the hits and send it at Aerodactyl. Maxim, Smack Down Aerodactyl, if the Bide KOs, Dynamic Punch Crawdaunt, if not, direct contact Earthquake Aerodactyl."

Quote:
Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way

Skipping the SC stuff since that makes the post way to long in doubles and both of you know where to find the SC's if you really want them....fine I'll do the SC stuff

Quote:
Marowak (Ground): Marowak's face is covered by a skull, which it will not remove willingly. If the helmet is shattered, it will cost 1 SP or 1 battle for Marowak to go and find another. Marowak may not use its respective bone attacks if it is not holding its bone.
[Ground]: Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).

Machoke (Fighting): it is the middle of the Machop line. It wears a power belt, which restricts how much energy it expends. A trainer can order Machoke to adjust the setting up or down, which counts as one move. The higher it is set, the more powerful the moves and the faster Machoke is, but the more energy he expends. Set down, Machoke moves slower and is less powerful, but uses less energy. Machop, Machoke, and Machamp can lift twice as much for a particular attack than what is normally stated.
[Fighting]: Fighting Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them slightly greater endurance and energy.
Quote:
Crawdaunt (Water/Dark): Crawdaunt can swim, but prefers to walk along the bottom of the water instead of swim in it. Its claw attacks are stronger then normal.
[Water]: Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath and/or breathe under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
[Dark]: Dark types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.

Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying): Aerodactyl are a terrifying sight to some Pokémon. Against any Pokémon that would reasonably be afraid of Aerodactyl, an Aerodactyl’s fear-inducing attacks are more effective. Its biting attacks do slightly more damage.
[Flying]: Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation. When standing on the ground, they take 1x damage from Electric moves.
[Rock]: Rock types generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to unskilled (non-fighting) blows. However, most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. Rock types prefer heat to cold.
Wow this is the biggest pile of type spam I've seen yet in my reffing career. It all starts off with Aerodactyl letting loose a Twister that easily picks up plenty of snow for some added damage against Machoke who is planning his own counter attack. While Machoke is gathering his rock energy, Marowak is doing his best to Bide his way through the chilly barrage of water based moves from Crawdaunt. Upon finishing his large spherical ball of rock energy Machoke chucks it at Aerodactyl trying to Smack Down it down and out of the air. Which it succeeds in doing as Aerodactyl barely catches itself from crashing into the ground and fires off another Twister at Machoke before Marowak's Bide laser cuts deep into Aerodactyl's health. Before Aerodactyl can regain his altitude Machoke slams a DC Earthquake into him.

Aerodactyl is unable to battle anymore. New Pokemon and orders Charm.

Crawdaunt didn't take any damage

Marowack is now a solid way above the halfway mark.

Machoke is only a good way above the halfway mark. Ground type energy is running low.

New Pokemon and orders Charm.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 09-23-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
Sneaze

Bide + Smack Down should be enough for a KO, let alone EQ.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Bubblebeam (7)+ water pulse (6)=12 then doubled because of bide=24+10+18 for the Smack Down and DC Earthquake=52.

Last I heard it Bide doesn't take type effectiveness into account, which is why Aerodactyl is still kicking.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #9
Sneaze

Bide would be all Water energy. Bide doesn't take into account the type effectiveness of the Pokemon Biding, but it does use the type effectiveness on the Pokemon it's used against.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #10
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Oops my bad, really need to stop reffing these matches during the night while I'm sick. Fixing it now.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Balls.

It seems you haven't factored any SE damage on Marowak and Machoke.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

No I did include SE just my choice in wording might have been misleading so I changed it.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #13
Mercutio
Banned

You're all terrible human beings.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Bones to the field. Give a quick Blizzard at Brutus while he's recharging. Then Screech at Maxim to stop him from doing stuff.

Riff, a Hydro Pump to Brutus as well. Then a Bubblebeam at him if he's still kickin'. If not, just dodge stuff.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
Sneaze

"Brutus, another Bide, since the initial energy usage for that is low and your opponents want to use high energy stuff. Fire the resulting beam at Bones. Maxim, charge Bones straight away with an Ice Punch. If Bones is still standing after the Bide, just Curse up. If not, Dynamic Punch Crawdaunt."

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #16
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

There are such things as limits

Trying to repeat the success of last round Brutus starts up another Bide with out much concern for energy which turn out not to be the problem. Under the high powered SE attack Brutus runs out of health before he can finish his bide. Before his partner goes down Maxim throws a frigid Ice Punch at Bones which makes the already cold climate feel all the worse. (Curse didn't actually happen since the round ended before it could be used, sorry for the glaring error on my part and the long delay)

Brutus is unable to battle the round ends now. Didn't know this before but apparently the round ends in double when one of the Pokemon is KOed, that is unless its the final match up.

Machoke did nothing but use energy.

Bones is about out of ice energy and took heavy damage leaving him a mild way below halfway.

Crawdaunt used major energy.

New Pokemon and orders Sneezy.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 10-19-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Sorry this took so long
Old 09-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #17
Sneaze

Uh... Bide would go off after either the Blizzard or the Hydro Pump (more likely the Blizzard would come before Hydro Pump since Bones is fresh). It wouldn't take both to break it. Attacks going off at the exact same time is a VERY uncommon thing unless specifically ordered, and even then one would hit before the other, causing Bide to break.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #18
Charminions
Your reality is mine

I don't see how two Bides could be used in succession in the first place, considering how the attack desc. states that an immediate rest is needed after using it.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #19
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

I don't see why he would release bide after only one attack when that was the only move he was ordered to do for the round.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #20
Sneaze

That sort of thing is from the older days. It basically means that if the Pokemon doesn't take it easy next round their energy use will skyrocket. So a second Bide is entirely usable given that the initial energy use for it is next to nothing.

Also Bide autobreaks after taking major. He couldn't hold it beyond that if he wanted to.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #21
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Having to brace up and produce a red barrier right after releasing a massive beam already seems like too much work for a poor Marowak, but ref's discretion and etc.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #22
Sneaze

Uh... zz? Care to actually comment on everything that was said days ago?

Quote:
Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #23
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Sorry about being so late on this but real life matters come before playing around on the internet. I have to say Charm pretty much hit the nail on the head in that Brutus needed a small break in between the two Bides. This allowed the Blizzard to strike him before he could set up a Bide which was then hit by a Hydro Pump that finished off his health.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 10-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #24
Sneaze

Care to fix the reffing so Machoke actually does as ordered then? There's no mention of Ice Punch.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #25
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Bump.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL