UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-08-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to hen da man
UPN: takkupanda vs. Sneezey12

Welcome to the mall everybody for a battle between takku and Sneezey. Both are fairly well known throughout the PASBL sections and Sneezey is a vet IIRC. So let's quickly check out these stats.

Quote:
takkupanda (c) vs Sneezey12 (a)
2 vs 2
Equilevel 1
Slapstick
24 hr DQ
Return = KO
Mall Arena
So a leveling match is always fun. Should be a quick 2v2 unless someone vanishes from the scene. But yeah, the Mall Arena, a closer look at it maybe.

Quote:
Shopping Mall: The battle takes place in, around, or on top of a large indoor shopping mall (Californians, think the Galleria in Roseville). Amongst the various A/C and filtration systems on the rooftop, there are also some glass skylights (including a Hugh Jass one in the middle of the roof), which, if broken, open up a way into the mall, which is like a standard concrete indoor arena with 2 levels (with the second level being walkways along the wall: thus, a Pokemon can see the second level from the first level, and vice versa), a bunch of onlookers, and lots of property to destroy. There's also some parking lots and the occasional outdoor promenade on the outside of the mall. Finally, since there are some larger retailers here (Sears, JC Penny, The Blonde Mecca (C)) parts of the rooftop are about a couple stories higher than the others. Battles can start anywhere in the arena, be it on the roof, or around or inside the mall itself.
Special Rules: Artificial Lighting (inside mall and parking lot), Building Edge (inside mall/mall roof), Terrain Edge (parking lot), Onlookers, Easily Destroyed, Fire Sprinklers (inside mall only), Roof Level (mall roof only),
Optional Special Rules: Weather (any), Break of Dawn, Night Fight
Looks good, I am gathering we aren't using the optional special rules but if we are tell me. Both of you should know all the ordering business by now I would hope so let's start with a squad from takku. Good luck guys.

Daisy is just the best for making the battlecut!

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

edit: also any kids reading this dont drink it fucks u pyour brannreal bad
hen da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #2
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Send a message via Skype™ to takkupanda
I would like to know where in/around/above the mall the battle will be starting. So that I can post a squad accordingly.

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List
takkupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:49 AM   #3
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Bottom floor we will say.

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

Old 09-08-2012, 03:09 AM   #4
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Thanks for taking the match, hen, and good luck Sneezy! Hope this will be a good and quick one!

Murkrow: Level 1 Male Murkrow
No sig.

Tiny: Level 2 Male Steelix (uplevel)
No sig.

Spectre: Level 1 Female Sableye
No sig.

Absol: Level 1 Male Absol
No sig.

Mankey: Level 1 Male Mankey
No sig.

Nevermore: Level 1 Male Gastly
No sig.

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List
Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze

Tuan: Male Rapidash (level 2) (level-up)
Biography: Tuan's coat is a pure white, with swirling dark purple flames and bright yellow eyes. Dispite the demonic appearance, however, Tuan is actually a decendant of the guardians of the underworld. As his bloodline was meant to protect against demons and their ilk, his flames carry an odd attribute to them.
Special Training: Purging Flame
Tuan's flame based attacks are filled with purging energy, causing them to turn a dark purple. These flames deal extra damage against Dark and Ghost types, which would be considered super effective damage, however they are not meant for use of those of good stature, and as such do half damage against Normal and Fighting type Pokemon. All attacks that fall under this description also cost 25% more energy than they normally would.

Ismene: Female Ralts (level 1)
Sigless

Michi: Female Blitzle (level 1)
Sigless

Keaira: Female Sableye (level 1)
Biography: Keiara, being a Sableye, has always had a deep connection to the shadows around her. Inspired by her abilities involving shadows, Keira decided to go under training to use shadows further to her advantage, forming a strong attack out of them.
Special Attack: Totally Not Shadowball (Ghost/Dark)
Keiara draws shadows around her into a ball of energy which she then hurls at the target for extreme damage. If the arena is very dark, the charge time will be reduced slightly, but if there is very little shadow to draw from, it will take longer, at ref's discretion. Obviously if for whatever reason there are no shadows about, the attack is unusuable. This attack takes extreme energy, and can be used twice per battle, once as a Ghost type attack, and once as a Dark type attack. Charge time in an average arena is just over that of a Hyper Beam.

Victoria: Female Furret (level 1)
Biography: Victoria loves the attacks Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch, however, she dislikes the fact that she can only use two of them per round, so she has combined the three for the Ultimate Punch attack.
Special Attack: Ultimate Punch (Normal)
Victoria takes Ice, Fire, and Electric energy that would normally be used for the elemental punches and combines it all into one big punch, this attack does damage slightly lower than Hyper Beam with energy usage about the same as Hyper Beam, this attack has a 5% chance of partial freezing, a 5% chance of causing a burn, and a 5% chance of partial paralysis. This attack can only be used twice per battle.

Perdita: Female Drifloon (level 1)
Sigless

"Perdita, time for your debut."

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:39 AM   #6
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Go Tiny! Start with a Stealth Rock, then Smack Down to hinder her movement.

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List
Old 09-09-2012, 02:52 AM   #7
Sneaze

"Get yourself hovering above one of the walkways. Calm Mind after the Stealth Rock. Baton Pass to Tuan so he lands on the walkway."

Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 04:14 AM   #8
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Round 1: A switching move, I am not surprised.

The announcer puts a message over the PA announcing that everyone should leave the bottom floor for the upcoming Pokémon battle. This is a regular occurence in the Pokémon world so everyone is happy to clear. They all set in position to spectate the fight between the two battlers who are ready to send out their first Pokémon. Sneezey is first to reveal his first choice, sending out a Drifloon called Perdita. The balloon Pokémon floats around as all the little kids try to grab it with multiple mums scurrying for their kids. Next is takku who sends out a Steelix called Tiny to counter Drifloon which is quite effective typewise. He is named Tiny for laughs I would hope otherwise takku's grasp on terms for size is a little off. So SC anyone?

Quote:
Drifloon (Ghost/Flying): Drifloon is considered familiar with Psychic abilities. It can inflate itself to either provide a slight defense against physical attacks or for propulsion. Drifloon is almost always solid, but able to turn ethereal for short periods of time. They are very nimble in the air but light much like Hoppip and can be blown about easily by winds, but in ethereal, they are not influenced by winds or other similar forces. All ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle.
[Solid Ghost]: What all other Pokémon classify as. Their bodies are solid, and can be harmed and damaged by physical blows.
[Flying]: Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation. When standing on the ground, they take 1x damage from Electric moves.

Steelix (Steel/Ground): Steelix are large Pokémon, and are able to burrow through hard materials with their Dig attack easily (such as concrete). They are also more resistant to extreme pressures. Steelix can see in the dark.
[Steel]: Steel types, like rock types, have hard bodies, making them resistant to unskilled physical blows, and sink in water. While not bothered by water to the degree rock types are, they still would rather fight out of the water. Unlike rock types, most steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones.
[Ground]: Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
Tiny starts off by summoning some large boulders out from some of the features in the mall and he sends them forth to hit Perdita for some heavy damage. The Stealth Rocks recede back to where they originally were, waiting for the next opponent to come on. Perdita then Calms her Mind after the hit to stay in a good head space as well as giving a nice boost to his special attack stat. Tiny then creates an orb of rock energy which he fires at Perdita in an attempt to Smack the Ghost Down. The move which description doesn't at all match the name of it deals heavy damage and brings Perdita to the ground due to the weight of the orb. Perdita then uses decent energy to make a Baton of energy to Pass on to Sneezey's next choice of Pokémon, a Rapidash known to us as Tuan. One of Sneezey's uplevels.

Quote:
Rapidash (Fire): Rapidash can control the intensity of their flames, so that people can ride them without being burned. Any attack a Ponyta or Rapidash executes with its hoofs is 1.25 times as powerful. When using Agility, Ponyta and Rapidash leave flaming trails, which do light fire damage to anything that walks over or stands on them.
[Fire]: Fire types love hot temperatures. Most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of Magby, Magmar, Slugma and Magcargo). If a fire Pokémon has a flame somewhere on its body, it will take extra damage if a water attack hits the flame. Otherwise, fire Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except for the above 4 Pokémon, who will take damage the longer they are in the water). Instead of being automatically 2x weak to Water, they take 150% of the damage if hit on their bodies, but take 210+% if hit on open flames.
On arrival, the Stealth Rocks rise once again and hit Tuan for some heavy damage before moving back to their original spots.

Tiny had an excellent round, took no damage in exchange for heavy energy use. He is still looking fresh and won this round for sure.

There was a lot of damage taken from Sneezey's side of the field this round with Perdita taking extreme damage and racing past the 3/4 mark. Energy use was solid. On the other hand, Tuan took heavy damage this round for no energy use and has a Calm Mind boost.

Sneezey.

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Old 09-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
Sneaze

>Ghost doesn't go ethereal to avoid giant boulders of typespammy doom

Okay then...

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #10
Sneaze

"Short term Agility to dodge anything that will do significant or more damage to you, up to twice. Heat Wave if you have an extra move."

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 05:03 AM   #11
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Rock Tomb to trap him in place and also to try and stop the Heat Wave (he will be waiting for your move and won't use Agility because this won't deal damage). Then Earthquake while he's trapped and try to make the tomb collapse on him.

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List
Old 09-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #12
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Round 2: inb4sneezeycomplainsrapidashdoesn'tturnetherealbec auseoftypespammydoom ;P

Tuan is ordered to Agility dodge anything that will deal significant or more damage. So what does takku do? He tries to make this reffing as annoying as possible and I apologise now as I could get this reffing totally wrong so give me a break if nothing is how it should be... So Sneezey complains and gets what he wants because no one in the league can actually be bothered to put up with arguing with him.

Tiny summons more Rocks which are somehow appearing and attempts to cover Tuan in a Tomb which doesn't quite trap the Rapidash as it is apparently on the second floor. Now this is where it gets interesting and annoying as takku gets his Steelix to send shockwaves through the ground towards Tuan, making an Earthquake in the process. Tuan feels safe enough being higher up and just shakes a little for no damage. Tuan still has two moves left though this round, and since he has gotten out damage free, he uses one of them to send a Wave of quite concentrated super Heated air, to put it simply, in Tiny's direction and deals a boat load of damage as well to Tiny, although the distance between the two made the attack a little less powerful, but not too much.

Interesting round this one. Tuan took no damage but energy use was fairly heavy, a bit tired from the Heat Wave but you know, will still be able to use a two mover if need be.

Tiny had a not so good round here, took extreme damage, a good way past the 3/4 mark now. Energy use was massive with a one mover in the coming rounds probably likely.

Amazing how much that round changed.

Takku.

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Last edited by hen da man; 09-10-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #13
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Dragon Tail, then Rock Slide the rocks from the Tomb.

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List
Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #14
Sneaze

Uh, no. He should be on the second floor walkway. No way a Rock Tomb would reach him.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #15
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Um, okay, I'll reorder if hen changes his reffing.

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List
Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Meh, specify the walkway was on the second floor just so I don't get confused next time and have the idea he is on the first floor instead. I don't think takku would of thought that either. Reffing will be edited but can you make sure you specify what floor he is meant to be on next time. >.<

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #17
Sneaze

I did. Read my first round orders with Drifloon.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #18
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

You said one of the walkways which I must have misinterpreted as hover above the ground on the first floor. I got it wrong but just try specifying a little clearer so I don't make errors like this and have to re-write the reffing. Which I am doing now so takku will get a reorder.

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Old 09-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #19
Sneaze

Did you make Heat Wave cost the extra 25% energy? Just wondering.

Feel free to reorder now takku.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #20
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

I left the description of energy use a little open so just pretend I did. :P Also edited reffing is edited.

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Old 09-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #21
Sneaze

Alright. Some people do for Heat Wave some don't. I really need to specify in the actual sig for attacks like that whether the sig does anything or not.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #22
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

It is like half flame I guess. Look at the move description.

Quote:
Heat Wave (FI) -- The user spends a lot of fire energy to shoot out a large blast of superheated air mixed with tiny flames towards its opponent(s). Damage done is in between Flamethrower and Fire Blast (heavy damage), but there isn't nearly as much of a chance for burning than either of those moves.
So let's just say it is an awesome looking lot of hot air with some purple flames that cost 25% more energy.

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #23
Sneaze

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm saying it's SUPPOSED to cost the extra energy. XD

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #24
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Haha and I agree thank you move description. I just thought I would put that in their just to double check. :P

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Old 09-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Let's try hen da man's endurance here... If you have ever experienced an earthquake, being on the second floor doesn't reduce the impact much tbh. I don't know how they ref it in ASB, but I think Tuan should still take at least some damage from the earthquake.

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List

Last edited by takkupanda; 09-10-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL