UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum

Old 08-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Pokébowl Final: Holy Emperor Kuno vs Concept

And so it came to pass in the eighth month of the Year 2012, that the final match of the 2011 Pokebowl Tournament was posted. This is practically speedy by PASBL standards...

Our final competitiors are Concept and Holy Emperor, probably two of the best trainers in the League so this Tournament has a worthy final. They shall be battling using these babies:

These lovely Male Volcarona are fearsome beasts with decent movepools but not too more than a decent amount of typespam on each other. Should be good.

Let's look at their paths to the final:

Kuno
Round One: Defeated Roseheart (Scraggy)
Round Two: Defeated Ethereal (Blitzle)
Round Three: DQd Weebos (Liepard)
Quarter Final: Defeated Lonely Cubone (Melonfarming Zorua)
Semi Final: Defeated Char (Excadrill)

Concept
Semi Final: Defeated Quintowill (Whimsicott)
Quarter Final: DQd ZoraJolteon (Audino)
Round Three: Defeated Char (Watchog)
Round Two: Defeated Kusari (Joltik)
Round One: Defeated S_M (Gothitelle)

Schnell Schnell send in ze PMs...I will be simulposting reffings on Serebii too.
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
Lady Kuno
Sad times are just times that are sad

What's the arena?
~ haiku, Morg 2017
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN

Spoiler: show
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Details schmetails. Forest Fire as in the picture. Standard Forest Arena except IN FLAMES because the spirit of X-Rok appeared to be and decreed that it be so.

P.S Concept orders first after the hidden round

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 08-25-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round One: “It’s a bit like Duke Nukem Forever, only with Pokémon”

Every tournament needs a Champion, and these two were Born a Champion

And lo, in the Year of his awesomeness the Holy Emperor 2011 did the messenger of of his awesomeness, the one they call Muyo, decree the convening of a grand Pokémon tournament the likes of which had never been seen. Or at least, not seen since the one held two years earlier in an almost identical format anyway. The manservant Jerichi was set a task of assembling a crowd of battlers to do battle using the newly released Black & White Pokémon, and 54 trainers answered the call including defending champion Ashsbabylapras, veteran trainers like Hanatori, Weebos and Dream Breaker and present Gym Leaders including Kush & DaveTheFishGuy.

54 entrants are now two finalists. Our tournament is over, save for one final battle between worthy competitors, and allow me to introduce you too...

In the red corner, weighing in at TL6 with a record of 46 wins, six losses and nine draws, he is the current Ice Type Gym Leader and an all round good egg...Holy Emperor Kuno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor
I shall dub thee Rocl the crazy Wamoura

Rocl give him a Toxic and then Fire Spin.
And, facing him in the blue corner, weighing in at TL5 with a similar record of 48 wins, 13 defeats and three draws and holder of the PASBL’s all time most sought after Gym and the PASBL award for most creative use of a Pink Highlighter pen in a grovelling apology...Cooooooncept!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept
Oh yeah this. Might as well stop stalling and get this started.

Oberon the Volcarona (Male)
Volcorona: (Bug/Fire) Volcorona’s gigantic wings allow it to fly with great grace and ease. These wings constantly issue embers, and being within three or so feet can cause mild damage each round to foes due to the embers.
No sig.

Quiver dance, then use fly to evade and strike.
-o-

In the midst of a forest, two trainers come to do battle. Though the set up may be unassuming, the occasion looms large over PASBL: the first Tournament final in years and the first with the League Championship vacant: the winner here would have an almost unassailable claim to be involved in that future, theoretical match. In honour of the occasion, the forest needs to be made a touch more awesome. To help with this, I’ve called in former PASBL Arch-Arsonist, X-Rok. X-Rok, how can I improve this dull forest arena?

X-Rok: It should be bigger. And...

Yes?

X-Rok: IN FLAMES.
Ah yes, I thought that might happen. Thanks Rokky, have a hug!

So, to set the scene one last time before we begin, we have a Pokébowl final matchup between two top trainers using two large Volcarona amidst this flaming forest. Neither of these Pokémon is likely to find the forest fire setting an undue hindrance, but it could lead to some interesting complications with their wind based attacks. Shall we begin?

-o-

ROUND ONE
FIGHT!

Our battlers start cautiously, flittering around eachother in circles, seemingly reluctant to engage whilst their trainers issue orders. Concept’s Oberon is first to move, spinning on the spot with a signature Quiver Dance, believing that shaking a tail feather or two should improve his chances of victory: and indeed with the manoeuvre boosting his agility and special attacking and defensive prowess, you’d find it difficult to argue with that belief. Kuno’s competitor is not still though, and (X?) Rocl the crazy Wamoura regards his opponent’s dance with derision and spits Toxic in the direction of his mirror opponent. The toxins land with unerring accuracy on the carapace of the Fairie king although without the necessary force to disrupt his dancing, leaving both the opening attacks as a qualified success.

The Final Fantasy referencing Rocl is buoyed by this success and now seeks to go on the attack, whipping up a Fire Spin, flaming tendrils issuing forth like the tentacles of an Octillery surrounding their prey. Having finished his boosting dance, Oberon is ready to react though and beats his membranous wings quickly to Fly straight up and away from the flames as they form a vortex around thin air, only giving the king of bugs a light scorching as he passes through them. Oberon then performs some aerial acrobatics to divebomb his opponent with a full bodied tackle for some decent early damage as the two combatants separate, unconcerned by the flames licking around them and both still confident of victory.

Summary

Both Pokémon took little damage this round, fractionally more for Rocl but this is still anyone’s battle. Oberon has a juicy boost to his abilities, but also has some rather nasty toxins seeping through his carapace as the round comes to an end: they’ll make themselves known in future rounds I’m sure.

The two Pokémon are a few feet apart and a few feet above the burning ground.

Concept orders next.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
The spirit of X-rok compels you to charge... IN FLAMES! Follow it up with a flamethrower.

Last edited by Concept; 09-26-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Oh hey Kuno.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:10 AM   #7
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

POKEBOWL 2014 REPRESENT
Old 11-10-2012, 03:27 AM   #8
Lady Kuno

Rocl, use a Protect. And then nab him and his fire attack inside a Fire Spin.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 11-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #9
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round Two: I’ve got The Knack for this

Obligatory musical theme

And a bonus second for those who read slowly

Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one.
When you gonna give me some time, Volcarona?
Ooh you make my motor run, my motor run.
Gun it comin' off the line Volcarona
Never gonna stop, give it up.
Such a dirty mind. Always get it up for the touch
of the younger kind. My my my i yi woo. M M M My Volcarona...

As the depressing reality that I am the fastest person involved with this match sets in, we move on to the second round of the Pokébowl Final of 2011, neatly illustrating the mild malaise that has to be honest, been present amongst the higher battling echelons for years now. For those who can’t remember back as far as round one, we have a battle between two of M M M My Volcarona, expertly controlled by finalists Kuno and Concept: the first round was fairly even with a little more damage for Kuno’s Rocl, while Concept’s Oberon (Hades?) is currently observing some fairly nasty toxins seeping in through his carapace, but benefiting from a Quiver Dance during the previous round.

With everything still to play for, orders are issued and we are swiftly (in the context of biological history anyway) underway with the now slightly faster Oberon making the first move, perhaps assisted by the fact that Rocl doesn’t really seem to be in a hurry to go himself and is instead content to watch Oberon very cleverly coat itself in fire for a Flame Charge, loosening up his muscles a bit and, with an impressive amount of one-rock bird smiting, burning up a lot of the toxins that hadn’t yet entered his bloodstream. That might just reduce this impact of the poisoning a little bit, although I reckon it was too late to prevent any after effects at all.

Rocl seems unperturbed hobever, creating a wlasl* of power to Protect against the charging Oberon’s damage output, sacrificing a decent amount of energy instead and repelling the flying bug to a safe distance. With the two now in full attack mode amongst the scenic setting of this Forest Fire, we have something of an incendiary trade as Rocl continues his attempts to trap his opponent within a Fire Spin cyclone while Oberon’s more direct approach favours the excoriation ability of a powerful Flamethrower. The two streams of flame meet and crackle with power, with the more concentrated attack from Oberon piercing the cyclone, perhaps aided by the special boost gained in the earlier quiver dance to strike home on Rocl who screeches in pain.

Oberon is not smug for long though as the tendrils of flame wrap around him once more, this time before the giant fire moth can prepare an escape route, sucking him into the swirling column of fire and overpowering his control over his intended flight path in addition to dealing some minor damage as the round comes to an end with Concept’s Pokémon in a tricky spot and wincing from poison damage.

* This sentence contains a great many in jokes, so apologies to anyone who’s joined PASBL in more recent times.

Summary

Kuno’s Rocl has taken more damage at this stage, but has secured a better position at the end of this round and with plenty of health and energy left in the bank on both sides. Oberon is in a tight spot and could do with escaping before his Quiver Dance boost fades, as it will begin to do so soon.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Gen VI for release before Gen V pokebowl finishes?
Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

> Goes on holiday for six weeks
> No change in Pokébowl final situation

All of my surprise are belong to you
Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #12
Lady Kuno

I'm cursed. Whenever I try to post here horrible things happen. Had some stuff happen around my bday. Got busy in Dec and distracted by various holiday and relationship stuff. Try to post here and get horribly sick for 2 weeks in Jan. After I get better try to think about ASB stuff and I have a death in the family (on mlk day, if we're keeping track). I'm cursed and thinking about posting here usually triggers it.

I'll try to post this weekend since it'll be the first weekend since Nov that I'll be home (and not super sick).
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Whenever you feel up to it man. Really sorry to hear about the life suckitude, hope things pick up.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:56 AM   #14
Lady Kuno

You're in a good spot. Add to the pain with a Flamethrower. Throw in a Heat Wave if you get an opportunity.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #15
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Agility directly up the eye of the spin to evade the flamethrower, then send heat wave and the fire spin back at him with hurricane.

Yes I'm cracking it out already. Gotta use that quiver dance.

Last edited by Concept; 04-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Three: Elsie used SUBSTITUTE!

With the Pokébowl 2011 entering its 2nd year and our final showdown crawling, a new ref appears on the scene to give it a kick in the pants! Let's all wave good bye and good luck to Elsie on his new endeavors and get down to business!

Concept's Oberon is in a bit of a tight spot, fluttering in the center of a tornado of flames while toxins flow through his veins, he eyes his foe through the gaps in the fire. Rocl makes eye contact, flapping his wings briefly and launching yet another Flamethrower through the flaming cyclone. With the power of the butterflies still coursing through his carapace, Oberon reacts quickly, using a burst of Agility to fly upwards. With a spin and a flourish, the moth appears from the top of the Fire Spin, sending a shower of shimmering scales raining down. Rocl looks up the other Volcarona, spreading his own wings wide. Flapping vigorously, he sends a Heat Wave upwards.

Oberon begins to flutter violently as well. Suddenly, a series of cyclones surround Oberon, eating the flames around him. With a twist and a flourish, the three tornadoes all careen towards Rocl, sucking up the heat and ripping at Rocl. A huge, fiery Hurricane kicks up a huge amount of dust, grass and ashes, ripping at Rocl. The Volcarona screeches in pain, and when the winds fade, the moth begins to droop...

Oberon, looking satisfied with his work, begins to fade a little himself, slowly drifting to the ground, exhausted by that taxing exchange. As the round ends, he cringes, some of the poison eating away at his health again...

At the end of the round...

Three rounds in and this battle is really heating up (finally). Rocl took a huge amount of damage, pushing below half with one gigantic hit. He's a little disoriented and will be slow to start next round, but his opponent seems to be winded as well, evening the playing field somewhat. Oberon largely took chip damage this round, but it prevented the gap from being insurmountable. What's more, his boost is starting to fade, detracting from his advantage...
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #17
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Psychic.

Last edited by Concept; 07-03-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #18
Jerichi
本✚能

So this shit is fucking ridiculous and this tournament has literally lasted the full length of the fifth generation. Either this gets done in the next month, or someone is DQ'd.

Thanks!~

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 08-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #19
Lady Kuno

I'm not going to be able to post for a week or so. My laptop broke and I'm going on vacation.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #20
Lady Kuno

Hurricane right back at him.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 08-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #21
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Four
Woah movement! Crazy!

With both moths flitting somewhat lazily, the round is a little slow to start, much of which is due to the energy expenditure from Oberon. This gives Rocl a welcome advantage, able to get the jump on his foe with a powerful Hurricane. The moth begins to flap violently, generating a whole slew of twisters. Oberon makes an attempt to launch a Psychic wave to counter, but when he does, it's far too late. The attack rips at Oberon, sending a flurry of scales flying about the arena and causing the bug to hum unpleasantly, being thrashed about by the horrific winds. Once the winds die down, both sides stare each other down, already looking fairly threshed and tapped for Flying energies...

Neither side is giving in yet, with both on relatively even footing now that they've exchanged massive blows. Either side could easily fall with a few more hits and the advantage is hard to gauge. Will it be Oberon, whose now faded boost has kept him just slightly ahead, but whose poisoned body and slightly more tired stance plagues him still? Or will it be Rocl, who only just reaped his revenge but sacrificed some pep to do so? Only time will tell...
Old 08-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Psychic wave just kinda fizzled out or what?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #23
Jerichi
本✚能

Oh sorry shoulda been clearer xd

It did damage (and was factored in), it just didn't interrupt in time.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #24
Lady Kuno

Can I have the distance and elevation, please.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #25
Jerichi
本✚能

Both are just a little ways above the ground, but the Hurricane spaced them out by a handful of yards, putting them maybe seven~ yards from each other.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum