UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #26
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Counter Attack Time

DragonLord for once gets the upper hand in this battle for as Mika charges him with the intent of dragging him under water, he belts out a loud and off tune Round of his favorite song. DragonLord's horrible singing voice is only mad worse by Mika's sensitive hearing who gives out a piercing yelp as she turns around and flees from the horrid sound.

With the din subsiding Mika remembers her orders to fire a Dark Pulse which she does post haste catching DragonLord before he can attack again. Not to be out done DragonLord once again enters the status fueled rage of Facade tackling the wolf Pokemon for considerable damage.

DragonLord lost a significant amount of health this round bringing him close to halfway and used Massive energy putting him below the halfway point.

Mika took beyond Extreme damage this round and is under the halfway point. She has also entered her third quarter of energy.

Nagasaki Orders.

Gaming Pic
Spoiler: show

PASBL
Wild Future
zerozoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:53 AM   #27
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
DragonLord: Not bad...
Nagasaki: Looks like the heat is up again. Wait her to attack you. When she tries to, Round! Otherwise, Rock Tomb! Wait for her to attack, then Counter!
DragonLord: Nice thinking! I like it!

Last edited by Nagasaki; 07-11-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:58 AM   #28
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

He wants noise? Mika! Give him noise! Blast him with a Hyper Voice!
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #29
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Almost forgot that BW2 came out.

Forgot that these games came out and the move sets for some Pokemon have changed a bit. Calling upon her new found power of voice brought about by the new gen games Mika let's out a loud Hyper Voice. Obeying his own orders DragonLord starts the battle of music as he sings yet another Round of his personal favorite. Due to the nature of sound waves and the equal level of power between these two attack they cancel each other out. Leaving DragonLord waiting for an attack that never came as the round ends.

Nothing really happened this round, but Toxic caused some damage to both battlers.

DragonLord is now onto his third quarter of health and is really close to the halfway mark for energy.

Mika is fairing slightly worse than her opponent and is a decent way into her third quarter. Energy is close to DragonLord's level only a little bit better though.

ChrisClark13 your up.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #30
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Oh derp, has it been that long already?
Uh.... 16 hours over the DQ limit... hi.

Mika! Use Double Team to run circle around him! If he tries making any loud noises use Hyper Voice again!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #31
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

DragonLord, found an opening! Incinerate to attack all enemy units! If the real one becomes spotted(of course when all clones are lost, or when the real one is hit), use the ultimate full-charged Focus Punch! Otherwise, Swords Dance!

EDIT: I don't entertain DQ wins. So, lucky you.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #32
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

DQ Really Doesn't Happen Often

Just be careful in the future about DQ time limits.

It's ninja time thinks Mika as she pulls an impressive Double Team creating several clones of herself that encircle DragonLord. Whom bursts out laughing at his foes feeble attempts to confuse him before coughing up a wide spread of flames that Incinerates the clones. Not having to worry about any interference DragonLord charges one of the most powerful attacks in the game to it's full power before throwing a Focus Punch at Mika. The attack is so powerful that it sends Mika flying backwards several feet before she lands in a cloud of dust with eyes swirling.

Mika is unable to battle new Pokemon Chris and orders.

DragonLord is spent after this round and would like a breather, took decent damage from the poison. He is at his last hyper beam of energy.

Chris you're up....Again...

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 07-18-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Toxic in
Old 07-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #33
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

...Toxic damage?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #34
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Mika! Return! *pokeball sounds* Fidalia! Go! *pokeball sounds* Hit him with a Hex and then hit him with Swift if he's still standing!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #35
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

DragonLord: At last! The sweet smell of victory! Look dad! I had defeated an enemy greater than me! Raaaaaah!!!
Nagasaki: But in your condition, you're in critical ranges...
DragonLord: Whatever! The enemy is a Vulpix, a FIRE-type like me. So no worries. If I'm going to find myself collapsed, better risk myself for a hit or what...
Nagasaki: Oh, well, Garland wannabe. If you want a risk, then go for it. Bide. Just hope you can still survive before poison strikes you for a sure hit. Good luck for that!

Last edited by Nagasaki; 07-19-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #36
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

And I'm Back, Time To Ref Some Destruction

Another helpful tip before I begin, if your opponent or ref seem to be taking forever to post their respective things needed to move the match along take a look at the Trainer Absence Thread to see if they have left on vacation or something came up that prevents them from performing their duties.

You've guys have waited long enough already so I'll get onto reffing the round. Speaking of which there seems to have been some confusion about something I put in my last reffing
Quote:
He is at his last hyper beam of energy
it seems that both of you thought I was talking about DragonLords health when I was talking about energy.

The round begins with the exhausted DragonLord hunkering down for the round with one of the most devastating moves in ASB and one that almost all first gen Pokemon get, a tide changing Bide. Blissfully ignorant of the pending danger Fidalia seems to dominate the round with a powerful barrage of attacks involving Hex and Swift bringing DragonLord close to the critical point in health. However DragonLord doesn't care about that as he was planning on a kamikaze attack this round as he releases his Bide sending back double damage to Fidalia. After releasing this energy DragonLord feels the strain of two rounds with heavy orders sap away the last of his energy reserves as he faints unable to battle.

DragonLord is unable to battle next Pokemon Nagasaki with orders

Fildalia suffered greatly this round and is already at the door of the halfway benchmark for health, energy use was minimal and she's still very fresh in that area.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #37
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

OOC: That's why I performed a kamikaze. I am referring to energy on my last order, 'coz I expect DragonLord will be fainted by collapsing. I also tried compute for DragonLord's health, and is seems that that time, he has a a health of less than 1 Hyper Beam, ryt? That will be a tip for Chris.

TIP: If the battling Pokemon is in danger of fainting in terms of energy, do a kamikaze! It can hit the opponent for intense damage. If you see of the logic, conserving health alone in that situation leaves nothing for the Pokemon, as he cannot attack due to lack of energy.

DragonLord: Kishimoto! Better win this thing or I'll smash you with a Focus Punch! Let me...rest...for a...while... *totally collapses*
Nagasaki: Expect me to do that thing. Looks like this guy can evolve now after this battle bacause of a great fight! Anyway, I know that you are expecting me to use TurtleLord in this scenario. Probably if DragonLord failed his move, you will face Shadow. Luckily, no. So... TurtleLord, Rain Dance to Hydro Pump, pronto!

Last edited by Nagasaki; 07-29-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #38
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Fidalia! Use Sunny Day then Disable his Hydro Pump!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #39
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Um.. zerozoner? Hello?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #40
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Dang It I'm Slipping

The hotels lousy internet is not helping either, once again I'm away from home but with internet this time. So I'll try to stay on top of things and ref within 48 hours at the most. Sadly for being so late I have very little to say to you guys since nothing physically happened this round even though a good deal of energy was spent. TurtleLord's Dance of his people to bring the Rain was canceled out before it could even begin due to Fidalia firing off a Sunny Day at the same time. He is once again interrupted by Fidalia's Disable which prevent him from using Hydro Pump.

No damage this round only energy report to give.

TurtleLord used a good amount of energy and is still ready to go.

Fidalia is tired after using beyond extreme energy this round in order to avoid what would have been a crippling blow to her health. She is one Hyper Beam above the halfway point.

Chris.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 08-05-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #41
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

No damage has been done, so this should work.

Fidalia! Use Attract and just play around with TurtleLord for a little bit!

Last edited by ChrisClark13; 08-05-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #42
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Nagasaki: Just as I planned. Chris! Did I just heard Attract? A lesson for you using moves like that.
LESSON:
  • If I am right, Attraction-related moves mostly depend on the compatibility of Pokemon used in breeding. If the user and target is not compatible in the egg group, the move will NEVER WORK!

So to complete my statements, TurtleLord, after her puny move Water Spout! Follow up with Rest!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #43
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

"The chance of attract is up to the referee, with the percentage decreasing if the user is battered, has horrific visage, or is simply a Pokémon which doesn't seem "Attract"-ive. Pokémon generally need to be in the same Breeding group for this attack to be effective, though if they are roughly similar in form, they may be attracted to each other."

Foxes (Kitsunes to be exact) in japanese folklore = attractive.
Foxes = deceptive
Similar in form.... maybe?

I see about a 50/50 chance of this working (and I really should've put in the line: "If he tries to attack you, use Agility to get out of the way!")
Old 08-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #44
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Eh I've Seen Crazier Orders.

TurtleLord is rather bemused and confused as the fire type tries its best at using Attract on him. After a few awkward moments of stunned silence from the now rather creeped out TurtleLord releases the flood gates from his energy as a massive Water Spout races out of his mouth. Fidalia would have survived the attack if she was at full health thanks to having no open flames to hit, but the poor fox had already received some damage already which sealed its fate. With the job done TurtleLord takes a nap to Rest up for the next battler.

Fidalia is unable to continue next Pokemon Chris along with orders.

TurtleLord used energy to high to measure on the current scale but should recover some of it due to Rest.

Chris you're up....again.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #45
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Dangit! REALLY SHOULD'VE PUT IN THAT EDIT!

Ummm.....

Go Mareep!

Charge followed up by Zap Cannon!

Last edited by ChrisClark13; 08-07-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #46
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

See? You forgot this phrase: Pokémon generally need to be in the same Breeding group for this attack to be effective. Vulpix and Squirtle are not on the same egg group, so no effect.

TurtleLord, Mud Sport to Rock Tomb!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #47
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

It said generally, I took that as they don't have to be in the same breeding group. welp
Old 08-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #48
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Sand as far as the eye can see

Chris sends out Mareep to replace Vulpix

Quote:
Mareep (Electric): Mareep's fur is slightly charged: any Pokémon not resistant to electricity who comes into physical contact with Mareep has a 25% chance of flinching. Mareep have the ability to use the balls on their tails as lights. While not as powerful as a Flash attack, they light up the arena without blinding opponents or allies, and doing so takes almost no energy to maintain. It is considered one move for a Mareep to light its tail. This will, however, make it a more obvious target for Pokémon who can see in dark areas.

[Electric]: Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
Mareep has no trouble Charg(e)ing herself with the abundant supply of static electricity stored in her wool as TurtleLord sleeps on unaware of the incoming danger. Thankfully he's not one to hit the snooze button as he awakens while Mareep is halfway through charging her Zap Cannon. In a hasty panic TurtleLord looks around for some mud to shield himself with, but all he can find is blasted sand all the mud (aka the wet sand) is by his opponent thanks to his last attack.

*Forget this I'm hitting the...* ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttttttttttt

TurtleLord didn't get farther than that in his train of thoughts before the Zap Cannon completely fried him leaving him in the grip of a powerful paralysis unable to do his other order. The round ends with the turtle flinching in spasms on the ground unable to move.

TurtleLord took a ton of damage and is a decent way above half health, he was able to regain a Hyper Beam worth of energy thanks to Rest. Currently incapacitated by paralysis.

Mareep used beyond extreme energy but got good results from it so who cares, besides TurtleLord. Mareep is still rather fresh.

Nagasaki orders.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 08-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #49
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Magnificent! You are finally getting the hang of it! I also demonstrated to you that a terrain affects an attack. In the last case, the Mud Sport will not going to take effect due to...no mud. Let that be a lesson for you. And to complete the phrase, TurtleLord, Mist to put a thick fog in the arena. If the enemy hits you, Facade! If not, Blizzard!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #50
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Mareep, hit him with a Thunderbolt to make sure he's good and paralyzed before Resting a bit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL