UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 06-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

UPN PASBL: ChrisClark13 vs. Nagasaki

Looking forward to seeing a good match between you two.

Quote:
4v4
Singles
Slapstick
Equilevel
72hr DQ
Switch=KO
Ref's Choice (Not crazy insane please)
Oh why did you have to put that after ref's choice oh well let's see what the wheel of arenas has in store for us today. Hopefully our views on levels of Crazy and Insane are relatively close.

Quote:
Zen Garden (Advanced Outdoor Custom Arena): This is a rather moderately sized arena, about 30 x 30 meters (90 x 90 feet). It consists of a small pond in the corner of the arena, along with a few large boulders buried in the soft sand beneath, which is raked neatly. The arena is surrounded by a stone wall about 7 feet high. The arena seems to permeate an almost calm aura, and Pokemon battling in this arena seem to get a boost to their stats, as well as being able to maintain concentration. However, the stat bonuses depends in what shape the arena is in. At the start, when the arena is well-kept, the Pokemon will get a better stat boost. However, as the battle wears on, or attacks are used that cause area effects that would effect the order of how things are arranged in the arena (Sandstorm, Earthquake, etc.) the bonus will decrease for all Pokemon in the battle as the arena's neatness is removed by the participants.
Special Rules: Sandy, Boulders
Note: I will change the Arena if deemed to Crazy by the trainers.

Nagasaki post your squad first, followed by a squad and first Pokemon from ChrisClark13, then Orders from Nagasaki, and finally orders from Chris. After that I'll ref.

Last edited by zerozoner; 06-27-2012 at 05:39 PM.
zerozoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #2
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Looks like I'm first to introduce myself. I'm Nagasaki, your tutor today. Meet my Pokemon team.

Spoiler: show
Blazer / Torchic [M] Lv.1
- One of the survivors of a forest fire in Hoenn that incinerates almost all of the Torchics, Treeckos and Mudkips. He is brave in heart and he will protect his friends. One of the Pokemon of mine that talks.
~ No signature moves
Blade / Treecko [M] Lv.1
- One of the survivors of a forest fire in Hoenn that incinerates almost all of the Torchics, Treeckos and Mudkips. He is stealthy and is a former thief just to have some food. One of the Pokemon of mine that talks, but he is too silent, you don't know if he really talks.
~ No signature moves
Shadow / Gastly* [M] Lv.2
- A Gastly lurking within the shadows of Mt. Pyre. He just sits there because of the fact that he lost his love for many times, until I came to accompany him. Since then he fights for victory. One of the Pokemon of mine that talks. He is also the one who always stops Blazer and Blade when they are quarreling.
~ No signature moves
Menos / Minun [M] Lv.1
- Mas' twin brother. They are abandoned by their former trainer, but I took care of them.
~ No signature moves
TurtleLord / Squirtle [M] Lv.1
- DragonLord's best friend. He is the opposite of DragonLord: He is calm as ice. After he received a call that his best friend is out of control after he loses his matches consecutively. And so he joined Nagasaki to cool him up whenever his head is hot.
~ No signature moves
DragonLord / Charmander [M] Lv. 2
- A Charmander that likes battling. His warfreak personality made him feel like he's the best. Now he also talks!
~ No signature moves

* - Shiny POKeMON

Time to start the discussion! Keep an eye to the lessons and tips I will throw to you. Starting now!

Lesson 1
- Even though it's a 2-on-2 or more, you must post six (6) Pokemon.
Tip:
- Do not be afraid with the signature moves. A Pokemon with a signature move doesn't mean it's strong. What is a sig if you don't master it, or worst, if you don't even know how does it work in ASB?

Last edited by Nagasaki; 07-19-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Nice, thanks for the tips! I'm gonna be gone all day today so I'll edit my squad into this post when I get back if that's alright because I gotta go sell tickets in 20 minutes and I don't know PASL well enough to put a team together in that time.

Edit: Whoops. Do it tomorrow! Promise!

Last edited by ChrisClark13; 06-29-2012 at 01:05 AM.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13 View Post
Nice, thanks for the tips! I'm gonna be gone all day today so I'll edit my squad into this post when I get back if that's alright because I gotta go sell tickets in 20 minutes and I don't know PASL well enough to put a team together in that time.

Edit: Whoops. Do it tomorrow! Promise!
That's alright. Ask everything to me and I'll answer it. Another lesson though...

Lesson 2:
- As a beginning trainer you are allowed to have 11 Level 1 Pokemon and 2 Level 2 Pokemon (also known as up-levels).
Tip 2:
Everything you need is on this site: www.pasbl.upnetwork.net. Be sure to read it if you are bothering of something in PASBL.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Since we're giving tips and lessons might as add a few of my own.

Here's some Lessons
Lesson #3

This is a chart that roughly graphs out the Damage and Energy usage terms used in the League.

Minor 1 Thunder Wave
Light 2 Fake Out
Mild 3 Quick Attack
Moderate 4 Thundershock
Decent 5 Charge Beam
Good 6 Spark
Solid 7 Thunder Punch
Considerable 8 Discharge
Significant 9 Thunderbolt
Heavy 10 Zap Cannon
High 11 Sky Attack
Major 12 Thunder
Severe 13 Bolt Strike (Reshiram)
Massive 14 Leaf Storm
Extreme 15 Hyper Beam

Lesson #4

There are several ways to win a Battle, the classic way by depleting your opponents Health. You can also win by making them run out of energy, Ghost types are the best at this since they all have spite to use without type energy concerns. Sometimes you can win or lose due to the Stage taking your opponent out, but you should avoid those arenas for now since you're new to the League.

Lesson #5

The term Type Energy is like PP for the League. Each Pokemon has a limited supply of Type Energy outside of it native typing. The different levels vary with each Pokemon due to typing, level, and Refs perspective on how much a single Pokemon should have of certain types of energy.

And now some tips.

Tip #3

Put as many of your favorites as you can into your team. Personally I found out that if you don't like them you most likely will only waste a slot on them, because you'll almost never be inclined to use them over your Favorites when going into battle.

Tip #4

Like Nagasaki said you don't need to be scared of Sigs, but you should be wary of the trainer that does since there's a good chance they have a lot of battle experience over you.

Tip #5

Some Pokemon have innate attack bonuses stated in their Species Characteristics in the link provided by Nagasaki, so take a look into that. These Pokemon have an advantage that they don't have to waste a move boosting stats to start dishing out heavy damage.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozoner View Post
Since we're giving tips and lessons might as add a few of my own.

Here's some Lessons
Lesson #3

This is a chart that roughly graphs out the Damage and Energy usage terms used in the League.

Minor 1 Thunder Wave
Light 2 Fake Out
Mild 3 Quick Attack
Moderate 4 Thundershock
Decent 5 Charge Beam
Good 6 Spark
Solid 7 Thunder Punch
Considerable 8 Discharge
Significant 9 Thunderbolt
Heavy 10 Zap Cannon
High 11 Sky Attack
Major 12 Thunder
Severe 13 Bolt Strike (Reshiram)
Massive 14 Leaf Storm
Extreme 15 Hyper Beam

Lesson #4

There are several ways to win a Battle, the classic way by depleting your opponents Health. You can also win by making them run out of energy, Ghost types are the best at this since they all have spite to use without type energy concerns. Sometimes you can win or lose due to the Stage taking your opponent out, but you should avoid those arenas for now since you're new to the League.

Lesson #5

The term Type Energy is like PP for the League. Each Pokemon has a limited supply of Type Energy outside of it native typing. The different levels vary with each Pokemon due to typing, level, and Refs perspective on how much a single Pokemon should have of certain types of energy.

And now some tips.

Tip #3

Put as many of your favorites as you can into your team. Personally I found out that if you don't like them you most likely will only waste a slot on them, because you'll almost never be inclined to use them over your Favorites when going into battle.

Tip #4

Like Nagasaki said you don't need to be scared of Sigs, but you should be wary of the trainer that does since there's a good chance they have a lot of battle experience over you.

Tip #5

Some Pokemon have innate attack bonuses stated in their Species Characteristics in the link provided by Nagasaki, so take a look into that. These Pokemon have an advantage that they don't have to waste a move boosting stats to start dishing out heavy damage.
Thanks for the tips. And oh, another one:
Lesson 6:
- In PASBL, once your Pokemon is out either of Health or Energy, your Pokemon will faint.
Lesson 7:
- If you read the link, you will see that only two commands are allowed per order, with exception of the three-movers, which are limited to 1,2 or 3 PER BATTLE (not per Pokemon), depending on the number of participants. Dodging and Significant Moving (moving into directions that involve too much amount of time, like 'move far to the left') are considered a move, although it doesn't deplete energy.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Pokemon Team! Level 1 Trainer
Mika - Mightyena - F - Level 2
She loves to om nom nom!
No sig
Fidalia - Vulpix - F - Level 1
Formerly lived on the summit of Mt. Pyre before capture. Most Vulpix tend to stick to the slopes.
No sig
Swinub- M - Level 1
No bio or sig
Staryu - N/A - Level 1
No bio or sig
Frillish - M - Level 1
No bio or sig
Mareep - M - Level 1
No bio or sig
Old 06-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Seeing some very nicely balanced teams here, but you need to select a Pokemon to battle for you Chris before anything else can happen.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Derp! For some reason I though Nagasaki went first.
*thinking sounds*

Mika! Go! *pokeball release sounds*
Old 07-01-2012, 04:00 AM   #10
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

So it begins... DragonLord, shape the future! Start with DynamicPunch to Toxic!
Old 07-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Mika! Let out a terrifying Roar to interrupt his Dynamic Punch and then hit the puny lizard with a Toxic of your own!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #12
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Everyone Was Toxic Fighting

After a good number of post full of helpful hint's and tips we get this match on its way. I don't know either of these trainers so this should be an interesting match to ref.

Chris is the first to start and sends out a Mightyena.

Quote:
Mightyena (Dark): If Mightyena is sent into battle, its opponent's attack will be slightly lowered as long as Mightyena is in battle, as long as the opponent would reasonably be afraid of Mightyena. Mightyena has sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks.

[Dark]: Dark types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
And Nagasaki sends out a.........Charmander? At level 2? Why isn't it a Charmeleon yet? Oh well.

Quote:
Charmander (Fire): Charmander is the most agile of the Charmander family on the ground. All of the Charmander family have flaming tails, which give off light to about 30 feet.

[Fire]: Fire types love hot temperatures. Most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of Magby, Magmar, Slugma and Magcargo). If a fire Pokémon has a flame somewhere on its body, it will take extra damage if a water attack hits the flame. Otherwise, fire Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except for the above 4 Pokémon, who will take damage the longer they are in the water). Instead of being automatically 2x weak to Water, they take 150% of the damage if hit on their bodies, but take 210+% if hit on open flames.
Dragon Lord decides to start things of with a crazy powerful punch, but a loud Roar combined with Mika's species characteristic of intimidation easily persuade the lizard from advancing with his plan.

Then both fighters decide to play dirty and simultaneously spit Toxic sludge at each other. The poison drenches both of the battlers and starts to soak into their skin. Poisons effects should start showing itself next round.

Not much to say this round since not much actually happened. Health is perfectly fine for both battlers.

Mika spent a moderate amount more energy than her opponent but is still very fresh.

Dragonlord used significant energy and is intimidated by his opponent and has his attack slightly lowered.

Orders Chris
Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #13
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Fire a Shadow Ball then close the distance with a Crunch on it's tail!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #14
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozoner View Post
And Nagasaki sends out a.........Charmander? At level 2? Why isn't it a Charmeleon yet? Oh well.
Do not ask. He will evolve after he made a victory. Too stubborn...

DragonLord, Reflect (Wall) to block the Shadow Ball. Retaliate the Crunch with a well-timed swing of Iron Tail right when the wolf is going to bite you.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #15
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Dangit! Can't do anything fun without being penalized for it!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #16
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Um.....why did you post that Chris?

Mika begins the round this time by charging a cluster of ghost type energy into a loose knit Shadow Ball. Her opponent has the defensive advantage of ordering second and uses a good sized junk of its psychic energy to form a one time Reflecting barrier, which allows Charmander to block the attack entirely.

Angered by her opponents barrier trick Mika charges her foe with the intention of biting that glowing tail. But once again ordering second give the fire lizard a chance to counter with an Iron Tail. Considering his opponent is close to four times his size this doesn't go as planned as Mika catches the Iron Tail in her mouth like a stick or chew toy taking little damage. With good grip on the tail Mika gives a painful Crunch to the tail causing significant damage to Charmander.

Mika barely took any damage but suffered lightly from the poison this round, but used extreme energy pushing her out of her first quarter and close to the halfway point.

Charmander's tail was badly damaged and tail related attacks will do less damage now, including the poison damage Charmander is close to the end of his first quarter of health and energy.

Nagasaki orders.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 07-03-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #17
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Eh, I'd assumed his Charmander's attacks would've been effective, but considering the size and level difference... seems legit.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #18
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Yeah that's another tip always keep in mind size and weight difference between the Pokemon, because it can become proportional to the effectiveness of certain attacks. This is a key factor to remember in realistic type matches if you ever try one out.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 07-03-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #19
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Gotcha. I'll keep it in mind... (evil grin).
And does Mika still have a hold on DragonLord's tail?
Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #20
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

No she let go after she finished the attack, they are less than a foot apart though.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #21
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

I suppose that is a call for you. Also, the game is based on weight, size and momentum, so watch out for that.

DragonLord, if she does an attack, Counter! If not, Hone Claws! Follow it up with Facade!

Another Lesson for you:
- If-else moves are counted as one move, but it must be in this format:
(X or Y) + Z or X + (Y or Z).

Last edited by Nagasaki; 07-05-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #22
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Mika! Snatch his buff away and then hit the puny lizard with a Rock Smash!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #23
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Fighting Dirty is the Dark Type Way

It's once again Dragonlord's turn to start the round by sharpening his blade like Claws Hon(e)ing them to perfection increasing his attack and accuracy slightly. Mika snickers as she plays by different rules on the Dark side of the Pokemon force and places a temporary curse on Dragonlord preventing further boosting or recovering. The wolf on top of this also Snatches the attack boost for an added bonus.

Dragonlord is plain out furious by this and the poison and enters status fueled rage Facade and slams his larger opponent for its first good hit of the match. Mika then blunders like Dragonlord did last round and launches a Rock Smash which is weaker against smaller and softer opponents, even with the attack boost this does very little harm to her opponent. It however does send Dragonlord fly back around two feet.

Dragonlord has just entered his second quarter of health and is still a considerable way above the halfway point for energy.

Mika isn't far behind dragonlord in health and is really close to halfway for energy.

Toxic has now taken effect in both Pokemon.

Chris you're up

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #24
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Okay that's it! Mika! Grab him with a Bite attack and carry him into the pond over there! If you miss hit him with a Dark Pulse!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:16 AM   #25
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Dragonlord: Too tough for a Mightyena. I like this girl!
Nagasaki: Indeed. Too bad she cannot endure noises, which gives me a tremendous idea! Round her before she Bites! If she fails to do her close-up attack, Rock Tomb before she fires her Dark Pulse to trap her! Otherwise, Facade!
DragonLord: At last! Some mind got into you!

Last edited by Nagasaki; 07-08-2012 at 04:19 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL