UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #51
phoopes
Double Dragon
 
phoopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
Maybe not the haters but real fans buy and complete every version. ^.^
*brofist*

I'm going to buy one for myself, then buy the other one at a reduced price from a friend of mine when he inevitably gets bored with it. That's basically what I've done with every version that I didn't have.
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #52
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」
 
kusari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In a beautiful Duwang
Posts: 2,343
Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Except NOT, dumb-dumb. I was saying it's NOT what you should be basing your "Skyla's an adult" assertions on. She looks like a healthy young woman in her 20s in most fanart, but her official artwork looks nigh on identical developmentally with 14-year old Misty (compare the two's in-game sprites).
>Implying I was serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Pokemon world logic =/= real world logic. Ugh. Think before you argue! THINK! Or do you honestly take more issue with allowing a 15-year old to fly a cargo plane than you do ...
- allowing a 10-year old boy to go out into the wilderness all on his own?
- a 10-year old boy successfully and single-handedly taking down a regional criminal syndicate?
- letting children run dojos?
- a 10-year old boy capturing the titans of the sea, land, and sky?
- a 10-year old girl capturing the gods of time, space, and all creation?

Kusari used Real World Comparisons! It wasn't very effective ...
Now, just hang with me for a minute here. When they send these kids off on their journey, do you honestly think the adults in charge of them thought they were going to get involved?

In R/B/G/Y/FR/LG, neither Oak or your parent thought you were going to fight Team Rocket.
In G/S/C/HG/SS, neither Oak, Elm or your parent thought you'd be fighting the Rockets (again). The Kimono Girls were the people that let you fight Lugia/Ho-oh and their not really the people taking care of the player.
In R/S/E, Stephen straight up tells you not to come to Sootopolis after the titans are released.
D/P/Pt was the first game where someone encourages you to fight the version mascot and crime syndicate. That was Rowan. I don't know about you, but Rowan, despite being a professor, always seemed a few doughnuts short of a dozen.
B/W has Alder and the GLs trusting you, but only after making sure you're completely okay with it (at the Museum) and even after that, you're still the back up plan in case Alder can't beat N.

If you don't feel like reading that: It isn't until Gen IV/V that someone actually expects you to fight the big bad and in the latter's case, your battling is only conditional to Alder's loss.
__________________
Eternally TL4 4-EVER For All of Infinite Time
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #53
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,161
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
You're preoccupied on my point about the criminal organization take-downs while completely ignoring that IN THIS WORLD YOU CAN CATCH THE GOD OF ALL CREATION AND HAVE HIM OBEY YOU. x 10,000 As well as all the other points.

The parents' poor logic has nothing to do with TR and everything to do with bears, tigers, and other ferocious animals that might injure or kill their precious children.

The poor logic to do with having a child defeat TR has got nothing to do with the parents' poor logic. They're two totally unrelated things, yet you've bizarrely linked them together, creating an argument I never made such that you can defeat it -- as that's ALL you're capable of doing.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #54
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」
 
kusari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In a beautiful Duwang
Posts: 2,343
Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
I'm pretty sure every example you gave can be umbrellaed under "Who in their right mind would let a ten year old do this shit?". Everything I said basically says, "The adults obviously don't have clue that you're going to catch God or take down crime syndicates when you start your journey, so they let you go anyway." relating it the whole "Real World comparison" thing. If you're ten and your parents send you off into the world where they won't see you for days/weeks/months at a time, they have no fucking clue what you'll be doing out there: be it stubbing your toes or bending the king of creation to his knees before you."
__________________
Eternally TL4 4-EVER For All of Infinite Time
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #55
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,161
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Okay, enough. You clearly aren't thinking clearly since you keep taking my "GameFreak made a world where the unlikely is likely" and you keep linking it back to the parents' ignorance of what their kids are doing. It's like if I said, "Batman universe has some weird logic" and you kept saying "But Bruce's parents don't know what he's doing!"

Back on topic, please. B2W2 discussion.

Do you guys think there's a chance for a renovated graphics engine? Or do you think it'll be the same one as in B&W?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #56
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge
 
Tuner89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: I forgot...
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Okay, enough. You clearly aren't thinking clearly since you keep taking my "GameFreak made a world where the unlikely is likely" and you keep linking it back to the parents' ignorance of what their kids are doing. It's like if I said, "Batman universe has some weird logic" and you kept saying "But Bruce's parents don't know what he's doing!"

Back on topic, please. B2W2 discussion.

Do you guys think there's a chance for a renovated graphics engine? Or do you think it'll be the same one as in B&W?
It's likely there'll be new sprites, but my bet is that they're currently working on making every pokemon sprite ever forever 3DS compatible. Any new sprites would probably be 2D versions of that work
__________________


Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #57
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
Just curious, who would want it to be a direct continuation and who would want it to be a split 3rd game?

I could go either way. Direct continuation would be cool because we may get to see some wrapped up open ends (where N went after the battle, where Ghetsis went after his escape, if Cheren ever got the power he was searching for, what Bianca finally chose to do with her life). There's a lot of possibilities for it. But, at the same time, I wouldn't mind going through Unova again with a bit of new content added.
To be honest, it would incredibly cool if Pokemon actually did a direct sequel for once. I'd hope to be able to be the same character, but how do you get around this problem as well as the Pokemon you had? And what about picking your first Pokemon? This seems incredibly difficult to do, so they'd almost have to start you fresh.

If they can get around it, fantastic, but if not then here is what I hope:

That B/W 2 are to B/W what G/S were to R/B. I hope that, while there may not be new Pokemon, that there will be potentially another region, 16 gyms, geography changes, "what happened to N and Team Plasma", etc. Wishful thinking, obviously, probably won't happen, but this would be great.

As there still hasn't been confirmation if it's a real sequel or a revision... it's hard to say. I just hope this would be like the FFXII-2 to FFXII. It's really hard to say.

...

:O You know, this may sound so crazy, but there hasn't been a Gen without Kanto in it yet.

What if... nahhhhhh....
__________________





MAL (updated frequently) - Fizzy Bubbles - tumblr

avatar credit: neverthrive


deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #58
Blastoise
We deny our creators.
 
Blastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Reduces construction time
Posts: 2,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Do you guys think there's a chance for a renovated graphics engine? Or do you think it'll be the same one as in B&W?
As long as you still have to go left and then up to reach the daycare, what changes could they possibly make that would compensate for such a crippling flaw?

That said, don't particularly care for the HURR DURR Kyurem forums, but I would expect B/W 2 will probably follow Platinum's footsteps with the transformation gimmick largely being the province of the box mascot/3rd 670 legend (IIRC the alternate form hooks for Kyuurem are actually in the original B/W, albeit unused). Of course, if Kyuurem STILL can't break OU even with the transformations I will laugh my ass off.
__________________
Blastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #59
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge
 
Tuner89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: I forgot...
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys
To be honest, it would incredibly cool if Pokemon actually did a direct sequel for once. I'd hope to be able to be the same character, but how do you get around this problem as well as the Pokemon you had? And what about picking your first Pokemon? This seems incredibly difficult to do, so they'd almost have to start you fresh.
Challenge Accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner89 View Post
Pokemon Black and White 2! Now the main character of gen 5 is going to Hoenn and completely restarting his journey from scratch, but keeping his old starter that he neglected to evolve!

Unova isn't featured at all, it's all Hoenn, but suddenly, Kyurem is there and is caught up with Rayquaza/Groudon/Kyogre, and has to unveil his TRUE powers =0


How mad would you be. Also, I realize this is completely improbable.
SPOILER ALERT:
Spoiler: show
N is in Hoenn, furthering the plot. and, depending on the version, you eventually meet up with Reshiram/Zekrom again in Hoenn, despite leaving them in Unova to help keep things in order, and they happily "rejoin" your party.
__________________


Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #60
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner89 View Post
Challenge Accepted.



SPOILER ALERT:
Spoiler: show
N is in Hoenn, furthering the plot. and, depending on the version, you eventually meet up with Reshiram/Zekrom again in Hoenn, despite leaving them in Unova to help keep things in order, and they happily "rejoin" your party.
I know how much mad that idea inflicts upon the various members of our forum, and as much as I did not like R/S/E at all, I would play the FUCK out of that.

EDIT: Wow, the amount of mad the internet is over the news of these games is staggering.

Last edited by deoxys; 02-26-2012 at 02:18 AM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #61
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」
 
kusari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In a beautiful Duwang
Posts: 2,343
Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I know how much mad that idea inflicts upon the various members of our forum, and as much as I did not like R/S/E at all, I would play the FUCK out of that.

EDIT: Wow, the amount of mad the internet is over the news of these games is staggering.
Serebii is staying pretty tame about the whole thing. Kinda surprised by that.
__________________
Eternally TL4 4-EVER For All of Infinite Time
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:47 AM   #62
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
What if Kanto really is in the games...?

Spoiler: show
...considering Blue was in Black and White as the FINAL Champion? Think about this, Black and White take place during Red and Blue, which is why Blue is still Kanto Champion. Then... you head to Kanto in the years following G/S/C, so a time skip, as Talon suggests.

In the years following, Team Rocket has been cleaned up and moved on, but Ghetsis takes this as an opportunity to seize the region and rebuild.

I know how much of a longshot that is, but... we can speculate and dream, right? Gamefreak would never be cool enough to actually follow through with such a cool idea...
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #63
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge
 
Tuner89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: I forgot...
Posts: 868
OMG...

Just saw the most AMAZING idea on SPP's new discussion forum, and it TOTALLY ties in with my idea, that(in its new, edited version) is THE MOST AMAZING GAME EVER. What's more, is it would TOTALLY embody EVERYTHING Black and White is about - Showing two perspectives.

I am Dubbing this... The N Theory.

Quotes from Serebii:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyStantler View Post
The idea of an actual Pokemon sequel completely blows my mind. I'm hoping that we see something unexpected and totally different. We could potentially be N in this (maybe it's even a prequel) or Cynthia (considering she's a reoccurring character throughout the DS games) As long as it's not just a 3rd version (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, ect...) labeled as a sequel I'll be satisfied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner89 View Post
This is the single most amazing thing I have ever read...

Imagine playing as N(who never really struck me as a bad guy). We learn his story, how he grew up, rise to power, collect badges, catch the same pokemon as your color(zekrom for black, reshiram for white), and just completely mirror N's story. Defeat the Elite IV, then battle the hero. No idea what happens at this point, but the next logical step is his journey to "A distant land"

Why not Hoenn? He can collect badges there, and become even stronger. Eventually He'll realize that he needs to truly restore balance, returns to Unova, Captures Kyurem, Restores Zekrom/Reshiram(depending) into Kyurem, and attempts to get the other half to complete Kyurem.

Am I the only one expecting a fourth, complete Kyurem form?
__________________


Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:53 AM   #64
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」
 
kusari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In a beautiful Duwang
Posts: 2,343
Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
What if Kanto really is in the games...?

Spoiler: show
...considering Blue was in Black and White as the FINAL Champion? Think about this, Black and White take place during Red and Blue, which is why Blue is still Kanto Champion. Then... you head to Kanto in the years following G/S/C, so a time skip, as Talon suggests.

In the years following, Team Rocket has been cleaned up and moved on, but Ghetsis takes this as an opportunity to seize the region and rebuild.

I know how much of a longshot that is, but... we can speculate and dream, right? Gamefreak would never be cool enough to actually follow through with such a cool idea...
Except, while in the villa in Undella, Cynthia talks about the events of Platinum. Platinum occurred simultaneously with HGSS which took place three years after FRLG. This means that the events of Unova take place after HGSS/Pt and therefore Black/White cannot occur in the same time period as Red/Blue. Twas a good theory though and would make for a cool game.


>Tuner

__________________
Eternally TL4 4-EVER For All of Infinite Time
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #65
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge
 
Tuner89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: I forgot...
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
Except, while in the villa in Undella, Cynthia talks about the events of Platinum. Platinum occurred simultaneously with HGSS which took place three years after FRLG. This means that the events of Unova take place after HGSS/Pt and therefore Black/White cannot occur in the same time period as Red/Blue. Twas a good theory though and would make for a cool game.
your timeline makes me realize something I overlooked in the past(fortunately does not interfere with the N theory ;D)

RSEFRLG only worked because RSE and RBY occured at the same time(in the timeline) and DPPtHGSS only worked because DPPt and GSC occurred at the same time(in the timeline)

The problem arises that Black and White DEFINAETLY takes place sometime after all the other games. It wouldn't make sense to make a RSE remake at ALL.

I'd like to point out that this gives further weight to the N Theory. ;)

Also, before any of you mention it, I concede to the biggest flaw in the N Theory being the Silent Protagonist tradition. None of the main characters from any game has ever had dialogue before INCLUDING when they've appeared in other games. Despite N not needing to talk for my theory to work, he DID talk in B/W, which, as Red showed us in G/S/C, is a no-no.

The second major flaw is the starter issue. N did not have a unova starter. Sure the game can let you pick from three other pokemon, but it wouldn't be the same.

Any other flaws(such as gender, name, interactions with others), with enough thought and respect to past examples, can be dismissed. For example: Why can't N be a female just like "Red" can be a female in FR/LG? It will not be the canon of the character, but it is not a legitimate disproval of the theory. Like Red, there is also no reason the game should force your name to be 'N'. Again, it won't be cannon, but why not? It also explains why his name is so... bland...
__________________


Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire

Last edited by Tuner89; 02-26-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:19 AM   #66
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
The N Theory is nice, but it's too out there for what TPC and Gamefreak would do. They'd never be so bold.

And to be honest, I don't really want to be N, sorry. I want to be me. N has already been given an identity, whether it's a prequel or not.

Now, as for the timeline: I completely botched that, you're right. I thought I'd heard somewhere before that B/W took place during R/B/Y, but that simply cannot happen because, as you say, Cynthia is in it.

However... this doesn't take away from the idea that this is a ~year or so, assuming B/W takes place ~3-5 years after RBY, after Team Rocket's been kicked out of Kanto and Johto for good. I don't know, I doubt it will happen, but like I said, we've seen an iteration of Kanto in every gen up to this point, so... and besides, if they do make R/S remakes separate of the game as Masuda has said it's being considered, then throwing Kanto into BW2 would be their way of saying "This is our way of remaking Fire Red and Leaf Green... by continuing the story you haven't yet seen."

Saffron City would be as alive as Castelia, and even border on over into Celadon and Vermilion (much like the real Tokyo), which would be very nifty.

ONCE AGAIN JUST WISHING HERE.... blah

[edit]


HEY GUYS DID YOU HEAR?!

Last edited by deoxys; 02-26-2012 at 03:29 AM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #67
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」
 
kusari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In a beautiful Duwang
Posts: 2,343
Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
In all honesty, I wouldn't mind going back to Hoenn. I think it'd be cool to see the unique places of Hoenn (like Fortree City for example) in the same graphics as BW. Plus it somewhat kills two birds with one stone: we get a follow ul to BW along with a partial Hoenn remake.

That said, Kanto wouldn't be bad either. Saffron could be done Castelia-style like Deo said amd we'd get tge chance to see things like a rebuilt Cinnabar and possibly an "exotic" safari zone in Fuschia that enables us to catch Unovian Pokemon.
__________________
Eternally TL4 4-EVER For All of Infinite Time
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #68
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge
 
Tuner89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: I forgot...
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
The N Theory is nice, but it's too out there for what TPC and Gamefreak would do. They'd never be so bold.

And to be honest, I don't really want to be N, sorry. I want to be me. N has already been given an identity, whether it's a prequel or not.
I agree, but this is really the only interesting direction I could see the game going right now(might be overlooking something/new info later on). The N theory is poetic, really, because like I said, it shows both sides to the story.

Further cool things that could happen with the N Theory:

Spoiler: show
Zekrom and Reshiram, at the start of B/W, are still part of Kyurem(pretty sure this is disproven some where in B/W, but a retcon could fix that up). N's orb detaches one of the dragons from the perfect form of Kyurem, which explains the 'half-forms', and the protagonist's orb eventually(obviously unbeknownst to him) seperates the other dragon. It is at THIS time that Kyurem travels to Lancoosa town and begins terrorizing its residents. Having seen the power of the 'Perfect' form Kyurem, N could be inspired to recreate him using Reshiram and Zekrom, finally creating balance once again. *poetic tear drop*

Since R/S/E's events have passed, no idea how Kyogre, Groudon, or Rayquaza will be explained, or anything else for that matter, if N decides to go to Hoenn. One way, further using the themes of Black and White is to restore balance to the three elements some how, and finish off Aqua/Magma reincarnations. This balance of Land, Air, and Sea could even be the inspiration N needs to restore balance back in Unova. The experience could be an awakening for him.

Future Hoenn could also have canned contests(as they are not supported in B/W) and adopted the new thing - Musicals. Musicals could become a new, hot feature with a lot more incentive in participating in them(R/S/E had heavy emphesis on contests if you recall). This is supported by the fact that there's a way to download new musical songs using pokemon global link.

Probably the coolest thing about a future Hoenn, however, would be the possibilies not only of a fight with Emerald, but... BRIDGES! Easily the worst part of R/S/E was the large ammount of water. Due to all these amazing bridge making revolutions in Unova, an entrepenuer could make a LOT of money building these babies in Hoenn. Perhaps this upsets Kyogre setting off some plot? Who knows. Oh yah, and Emerald fight would be cool I guess.


SO POETIC!
__________________


Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #69
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Reading r/pokemon.... interesting comments

Quote:
Also, if you look in the 2s on the cover, black has fishnets and white has magma.
Quote:
Mistralton City has an airport. I wonder if we can utilize it like the Magnet Train to travel to different regions.
Quote:
I don't care if we go from the newest area's working back to Kanto, or if we start in Kanto and work towards the newer regions, but I want one game where we get to travel to every region and be able to catch ALL the pokemon, no edition only pokemon and no Japan only promo events that screw the rest of the world out on Legendaries unless we get an action replay.
Quote:
Cilan, Chili, and Cress are the shadow triad.
Quote:
So, if B/W were supposed to be like Gen 1, and Gen 1 got a sequel which allowed you to go back to the region where Gen 1 was set. Black and White 2 have a saphire and ruby on them respectively. In black and white 2 you will be able to go to Hoenn. I WANT TO BELIEVE.
Quote:
It's not just the red and blue;

A Ruby/Sapphire remake would be made this year, if you're to follow past trends
If this was just a third installment, there would be no reason to split it in two
If this really was a sequel, which it appears to be, it would not be in the same region
The logo isn't just red and blue; the official page glimmers, just like the aesthetics of Ruby and Sapphire
If the story is to continue on from Black and White, Sinnoh Unova has been done and dusted

I've already got a bet on with a friend. Everything is done for a reason, they wouldn't split a third installment into two parts just to rehash the previous games.

Quote:
Guys they made two versions because they're actual sequels. Otherwise it wouldn't make (as much) sense.

Pokemon Black 2 features Zekrom!Kyurem, and the original Black had N taking Zekrom. Pokemon White 2 features Reshiram!Kyurem, and the original White had N taking Reshiram.

That and they want more money.

But perhaps my FAVORITE comment...

Quote:
Well if it is a continuation of the story as would be logical with the 2 bit it almost CERTAINLY will be in another land. Remember? Looker?

"Thank you a lot! Eh, <player>... On a topic I must speak to you. Having received such a report, of someone far from here, who has seen a person like N and...a dragon Pokémon. I am on my way to verify the veracity of this information. We will meet again one day!"
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:12 AM   #70
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge
 
Tuner89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: I forgot...
Posts: 868
Your favorite comment would like to say hello to my N Theory.
__________________


Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #71
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事
 
Kindrindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Determined
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Talon, I'm pretty sure it's just for Kyurem, since it's allegedly the original 'body' of the first Dragon 'mon that split into Reshiram and Zekrom.

Like I said, there's a shedload of fanart of 'Complete Kyurem' floating around the internet. No idea how this is all going to work but yeah.
Dammit, Dave. Stealing my explaination job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner89 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first pokemon game whose JP and US announcements have coincided. This excites me for this game, but also worries me about pokemon plus: nomunga's ambition(or w/e) as I am REALLY looking forward to a US version of that =0
Nope, same thing happened with BW. Well, no. They just announced the mascots simultaneuosly for that, come to think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Also, there has been a confirmed movie for Kyurem, titled Kyurem VS. The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo. There's a confirmed movie poster released, and the movie apparently features Kyurem's Electric and Fire forms. Also, Meloetta appears to play a part, because that is featured in what I'm assuming is an anime short before the actual movie, called Meloetta's Sparkling Recital. Poster can be found here.
Ooooold news, bro. That's been known for a long time, though the poster with the forms is rather rescent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atluss View Post
Also, every protagonist looks 16+ when their supposed to be 10!

I wish people would stop calling GameFreak money grabbers when they know little about the game itself.
And people also keep bashing on it for two versions, aren't you only going to buy one anyway?
Actually, the FR/LG protags are 11, the Unovian protags are 'older than the previous protagonists', and I don't think the age of the others is actually stated.

But I have to say that, other than the Unovian duo, they don't really look anywhere near 16.




You know things are going in a new and exciting direction when Talon gets optimistic.





EDIT: And it's only now that I realize something: The people of Day/Night town are worried about Kyu-Kyu eating them? HIS MOUTH IS GLUED SHUT WITH ICE.
__________________
PASBL(TL: 4 RL: B-) --- FB (Kin Blackstone) --- WF (Adelie Fleur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmisato View Post
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.

Last edited by Kindrindra; 02-26-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #72
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury
 
Concept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nipple-Hunting with Elsie and Kairne
Posts: 6,962
Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
Just curious, who would want it to be a direct continuation and who would want it to be a split 3rd game?

I could go either way. Direct continuation would be cool because we may get to see some wrapped up open ends (where N went after the battle, where Ghetsis went after his escape, if Cheren ever got the power he was searching for, what Bianca finally chose to do with her life). There's a lot of possibilities for it. But, at the same time, I wouldn't mind going through Unova again with a bit of new content added.
Honestly, if it's supposed to be a true sequel then I forsee some combination of. You starting off as some new trainer and going through the region/getting badges a la the other third versions, but with the world around you having already gone through the events of BW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Pokemon world logic =/= real world logic. Ugh. Think before you argue! THINK! Or do you honestly take more issue with allowing a 15-year old to fly a cargo plane than you do ...
- allowing a 10-year old boy to go out into the wilderness all on his own?
- a 10-year old boy successfully and single-handedly taking down a regional criminal syndicate?
- letting children run dojos?
- a 10-year old boy capturing the titans of the sea, land, and sky?
- a 10-year old girl capturing the gods of time, space, and all creation?

Kusari used Real World Comparisons! It wasn't very effective ...
I should hire you next time someone tries reffing realistic as if Skitty were as flimsy as an actual cat.

EDIT the first: Come to think of it, they could get around the whole "have to play as a new character because we can't deal with the pokemon the protagonst of BW already caught" thing by having a resurgant Team Plasma succeed in its plan to release all pokemon from peoples boxes, as the opening event. Still reckon new character & 8 badges all over again is more likely, though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTerry
What can the harvest hope for, if not the care of the reaper man?

Last edited by Concept; 02-26-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #73
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast
 
DaveTheFishGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,257
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth

Oh god the tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
HEY GUYS DID YOU HEAR?!
This is the best thing in this whole thread.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #74
phoopes
Double Dragon
 
phoopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,461
Gah, why must you post such interesting theories? You're only setting us all up for disappointment. GF doesn't have the balls to pull any of this stuff, no matter how awesome it might be.
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #75
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,161
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
lol, maybe it's just because I feel bad for Glacia -- worst E4 member ever? -- but I wonder: if the games do in fact take us back to Hoenn and if Kyurem, clearly, plays a big role in these games, then I wonder if maybe, just maybe, Glacia will get an important role in helping out with the Kyurem situation, what with her being (supposedly) one of the greatest Ice-type trainers in the land.

Glacia: :o ...

Poooooor Glacia. Nobody loves you. =\

Glacia:

It's really hard to see anything on the iPhone since the images the site loads up top are so very lo-res, but it is pretty evident that Black has blue coloration to its 2 while White has red coloration to its. Before people get too excited about that, though, keep this in mind: Zekrom's colors are already black and that shade of blue and Reshiram's colors are already white and (by way of its attacks) fiery red. So the colors could just be signifying which Kyurem form is in which game since it can be somewhat hard to tell for some people, I'm sure. Black 1 had Reshiram, so you'd expect Black 2 to star the other two. And the blue 2 indicates that it does. White 1 had Zekrom, so White 2 ought to have ReshiKyurem. And the red 2 indicates that it does. That could be all the colors signify.

Maybe if I could see a higher-res picture, I could judge for myself if the blobs of color behind the titles really do seem to suggest Aqua and Magma or not.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.